PDA

View Full Version : Let's shoot stuff, and then steal their weapons! (Mega Man)

Geno9999
2010-02-27, 02:38 PM
Dundun dan da da...
duddun dada daa...
dundun, da da,
Dun dadundaaa!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iBuhnyaNpY)

Obviously, talk about your favorite Mega Man games, series, weapons and bosses, etc.

My first Mega Man experience was Mega Man X for the SNES and Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge for the Gameboy.
However, my current favorites is Mega Man Zero and Mega Man 9.

Comet
2010-02-27, 02:59 PM
I started with Megaman 2 on the NES. The soundtrack is awesome.

The Zeroes are probably my favourites of the recent Mega Man games. Still working through Megaman 9 whenever I have nothing else to do.

Fri
2010-02-27, 03:20 PM
Megaman Legends....

MEGAMAN LEGENDS >.<!!!

Optimystik
2010-02-27, 03:25 PM
Megaman X was my favorite. Pity they stopped making them after that.

*sticks fingers in ears and hums loudly*

chiasaur11
2010-02-27, 03:30 PM
Megaman 2.

Cliche to say it, of course, but it's one of the few I've beat.

Cespenar
2010-02-27, 03:35 PM
Megaman 3's title theme was very good, if I remember correctly. As for games, I enjoyed X 1-3 and Zero 1-4 but the original series was too taxing for me.

Mando Knight
2010-02-27, 06:35 PM
Megaman 3's title theme was very good, if I remember correctly.
I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co6OHe4KaEc)

Cause it's TWO THOUSAND X, and Wily's escaped and built eight more evil bots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_7rmGlo-1U)!

Lord of Rapture
2010-02-27, 06:42 PM
Megaman 2 is the best. Period. Anyone who disagrees with me can watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUEO9Mfmn4M).

Although Megaman 3 was good too, and had an awesome title theme.

By the way, what was wrong with the games after X1? :smallconfused: That was the only one of the X series I played.

Starfols
2010-02-27, 07:36 PM
I recently went on a MM binge, 2-5 and am working on 6.
Haven't played X though.

Hmm.. best one? Either 2 or 4...
Oh! Megamari is the best. :smalltongue:

Lord of Rapture
2010-02-27, 07:43 PM
But that's not Megaman anymore...

That's Touhou. :smallcool:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-27, 07:52 PM
Megaman Legends....

MEGAMAN LEGENDS >.<!!!

I miss my copy. I wonder where it went to, sometimes.

I could never get anywhere in the game, though. :smallsigh:

Geno9999
2010-02-27, 09:40 PM
Okay... a question for those who might know...

In Mega Man Zero 2, I have found 2 sub-tanks, but I have no idea on where/how to get Health upgrades. Anyone know where they might be?

Mystic Muse
2010-02-27, 09:48 PM
Megaman 2 is the best. Period. Anyone who disagrees with me can watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUEO9Mfmn4M).

that was heinous.

Lord of Rapture
2010-02-27, 09:55 PM
that was heinous.

You have no sense of taste. :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2010-02-27, 10:01 PM

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.:smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2010-02-27, 10:08 PM
Okay... a question for those who might know...

In Mega Man Zero 2, I have found 2 sub-tanks, but I have no idea on where/how to get Health upgrades. Anyone know where they might be?

Elves, man. The freakin' elves! They came from the trees...

Geno9999
2010-02-28, 04:55 PM
Elves, man. The freakin' elves! They came from the trees...

Elvis?!? I thought he was... oh wait... I read that wrong (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IReadThatAs).

Elves?!? Those little guys that do awesome things but ruin your grade!?
*sigh*
Looks like I'm going have to keep my E-tanks saved in reserve just as long as I can. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg)

Kris Strife
2010-02-28, 07:21 PM
I think the third one has ones that don't die when equipped so they don't ruin your grade.

Inhuman Bot
2010-02-28, 07:30 PM
I love Megaman 2, personally.

I gets all the (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUYSriP4lmM) good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUEO9Mfmn4M) songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK1FKFBBwwA), albiet the last one is more "Influenced by Megaman 1/2/3" then strictly related to it. :smalltongue:

Agreed!

Mando Knight
2010-02-28, 08:12 PM
I think the third one has ones that don't die when equipped so they don't ruin your grade.

You can still only equip 2 satellites, and Fusion Elves need to be upgraded to satellites before equipping. Ultimate Mode is better... you get all of the permanent-effect Fusion Elves without penalty so you can equip your favorite two Satellite-only Elves without sacrificing combat ability.

TheSummoner
2010-03-01, 01:42 AM
For the classic series, 1-4 and 9 are the best by far.

X series ended at X5 and all five of those games were amazing.

Currently sitting in front of my Wii wondering why 10 isn't up for download yet.

Wild speculation alert
"Roboenza" is an early version of the Zero virus.

Funfact... I can beat Elecman without taking a hit, every time. Hes got a deceptively simple pattern and I know it.

SparkMandriller
2010-03-01, 03:06 AM
Elves?!? Those little guys that do awesome things but ruin your grade!?

It's cool, if you're getting hit enough to need them you'd have ruined your rank anyway.

Coidzor
2010-03-01, 01:37 PM
Y'know, I just had a thought...

Why haven't they remade the games in a format where you get a randomized selection of 8 of the robot masters from all of the earlier games? Technology being such as it is, they could probably do it unless the stuff for the original games is so simple and old they can't even access it properly anymore...

I think that'd be kind of interesting, since it'd be a different playthrough each time.

Anyway, I was just listening to the brental floss MM w/ lyrics songs on youtube last night, so I'm probably a little bit silly right now. Sorry.

Flickerdart
2010-03-01, 02:07 PM
Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X were awesome-fun PSP remakes of Mega Man and Mega Man X respectively. Powered Up even had a stage builder.

Mando Knight
2010-03-01, 03:09 PM
Currently sitting in front of my Wii wondering why 10 isn't up for download yet.

It's up there now. Haven't beaten it yet...

Nitro Man hates Chill Man's weapon, and Solar Man despises Pump Man's.

A new feature is the Challenge Mode, which has mini-stages for you to complete, including one for each special weapon and three for the Mega Buster.

Starfols
2010-03-01, 03:19 PM
But that's not Megaman anymore...

That's Touhou. :smallcool:

You have a lot to learn about Touhou crossovers, young padawan :smallamused:
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af132/starfols/339a1494eb43ebe8826f16df7f0f4580.jpg
Aya-r Man!

Zevox
2010-03-01, 04:50 PM
So, I got Mega Man 10. To my surprise, I didn't have to go through my usual unintended ritual of getting my ass kicked by all eight stages before beating one this time. Turns out Chill Man is a good starter stage and an easy boss, and I picked him fourth.

Really liking the mini-bosses and music thus far. Particularly the music for Solar Man's stage.

Zevox

Mando Knight
2010-03-01, 05:14 PM
Chill > Nitro > Commando > Blade > Striker > Sheep > Pump > Solar > Chill.

Blade Man is primarily weak to the explosion from detonating the Commando bomb on a wall, otherwise he just soaks up the hits, wasting your bomb.

Zevox
2010-03-01, 07:37 PM
Capcom never ceases to amaze me. I just finished the last of the eight main stages, and I'm quite thoroughly impressed with them. Particularly Commando Man's - quite creative and interesting that one. And Strike Man's, which was also easily the hardest among them (I had to use multiple energy tanks getting through it).

For anyone else who is going to get the game, another good starter stage is Sheep Man. I managed to beat him with the Mega Buster after running out of his weakness weapon on my first try against him, and I'm not usually very good at beating these guys without their weakness weapon outside of the one easiest of them.

Zevox

Mando Knight
2010-03-01, 08:08 PM
Fank oo, Doctah Wawwy. Always a gracious loser. :smalltongue:

Deth Muncher
2010-03-01, 09:00 PM
I love the Megaman Racing game that's included in the Megaman Collection for Gamecube.

>_>
<_<

Geno9999
2010-03-01, 10:16 PM
It's cool, if you're getting hit enough to need them you'd have ruined your rank anyway.

And you know you've taken too many hits when the game starts calling you "Wounded Warrior/Gunman" (I liek my gun, but Z-saber is very good against bosses.)

Mando Knight
2010-03-01, 11:34 PM
And you know you've taken too many hits when the game starts calling you "Wounded Warrior/Gunman" (I liek my gun, but Z-saber is very good against bosses.)

The Z-Saber is the only weapon you'll really ever need. Work on agility Mega-Dancing through your enemies' attack patterns, and the one-hit-kill capability of the Saber against weak enemies and the unparalleled might against even bosses will come out on top every time.

SparkMandriller
2010-03-02, 01:43 AM
The Z-Saber is the only weapon you'll really ever need.

Fafnir tank on hard mode. :(

TheSummoner
2010-03-02, 02:12 AM
Finally beat 10... Nothing pisses me off more than the game not being up for download before I leave for work/school, having to wait 12 hours to play it, knowing that its there and other people are playing it and theres nothing that I can do about it...

Anyone who uses easy mode is a wuss =P

ondonaflash
2010-03-02, 02:13 AM
You know, I kind of need to point out, that Wily's plots are absurd, because they're all identical: (Build Eight Super Robots and Use them to Menace and Manipulate), and Megaman really just needs to blow Wily's head off at point blank range, because Wily is clearly an irredeemable monster.

TheSummoner
2010-03-02, 10:51 AM
Oh comeon, I doubt theres a single person who didn't think it was Wily. Atleast this time he was smart enough to (try to) incapacitate Megaman first.

The point is, Megaman and Dr. Light are both incredibly gullible.

Kris Strife
2010-03-02, 11:23 AM
You know, I kind of need to point out, that Wily's plots are absurd, because they're all identical: (Build Eight Super Robots and Use them to Menace and Manipulate), and Megaman really just needs to blow Wily's head off at point blank range, because Wily is clearly an irredeemable monster.

He almost did in 7. Supposedly, in the Japanese mode, there's actually more dialogue before Forte teleports in and gets in the way, so it actually seemed like he would have if not for Forte's interference

Terazul
2010-03-02, 11:45 AM

Eh, to be fair he eventually tries a different approach.
When he builds Zero, deciding to go with the "one REALLY GOOD robot" to kill everyone, spread the Wily Virus, and inflict mass panic and destruction across a significantly larger timespan.
So yeah, he's pretty much a monster. I wish there was another good game with Forte playability other than Rockman & Forte, though. (Power Fighters excluded)

Mando Knight
2010-03-02, 11:56 AM
Anyone who uses easy mode is a wuss =P

I did it for one reason: to unlock the "Boss E" challenges. And I did it as Protoman, just to mediate the level of lethality. Didn't get Invincible or Mr. Perfect, but Tenacious and Blue Bomber were easy enough on that run.

So yeah, he's pretty much a monster. I wish there was another good game with Forte playability other than Rockman & Forte, though. (Power Fighters excluded)
April 5: All your Bass are belong to Capcom.

chiasaur11
2010-03-02, 12:30 PM
He almost did in 7. Supposedly, in the Japanese mode, there's actually more dialogue before Forte teleports in and gets in the way, so it actually seemed like he would have if not for Forte's interference

The US 7 is better, though, as Megaman is all ready to murder Wily. With his assortment of guns.

SparkMandriller
2010-03-02, 12:39 PM
The US 7 is better, though, as Megaman is all ready to murder Wily. With his assortment of guns.

The X is for XTREME

Oh wait they actually used that unironically. :/

Mando Knight
2010-03-02, 12:43 PM

At the end of 10's hard mode, I'd be ready to kill him... twice.

MrPig
2010-03-02, 01:28 PM
I think I'm one of 3 people on this planet that actually liked Megaman 8. I didn't mind the ZXs on the DS either, despite their ball breaking difficulty.

chiasaur11
2010-03-02, 01:31 PM
I think I'm one of 3 people on this planet that actually liked Megaman 8. I didn't mind the ZXs on the DS either, despite their ball breaking difficulty.

Hey, I like it, and at least three people from EGM liked it.

We can make a Megaman 8 fan club. With 5 people.

Mando Knight
2010-03-02, 02:36 PM
I didn't mind the ZXs on the DS either, despite their ball breaking difficulty.

...That just makes me want them more. Z-saber and Classic-series difficulty? Yes, please.

...So long as it's not Seth difficulty. *glares at SFIV*

Zevox
2010-03-02, 04:31 PM
I think I'm one of 3 people on this planet that actually liked Megaman 8.
I liked it.

Anyway, as is usual for a Mega Man game, now that I'm past the eight main stages, Wiley's lair is kicking my ass. I managed to get to Wiley, once, but that's the extent of it. Still, he seems easier in this one than he did in 9, so maybe I'll actually be able to beat 10 if I keep trying.

Zevox

Asheram
2010-03-02, 04:34 PM
Megaman Legends....

MEGAMAN LEGENDS >.<!!!

Miss Tron is our goddess...

Optimystik
2010-03-02, 04:52 PM

It's the opposite, actually - the U.S. version is the one with additional content for once.

Wily says something like "You can't kill me, Rock. Robots are forbidden from harming humans!"

Japanese version: Rock does not respond.
US version: Megaman shouts "I AM MORE THAN A ROBOT! DIE WILY!"

In both though, Forte beams through the ceiling and saves Wily, then the Blue Bomber is seen walking away from the doom base, getting angrier with each step.

Mando Knight
2010-03-02, 05:10 PM
I liked it.

Anyway, as is usual for a Mega Man game, now that I'm past the eight main stages, Wiley's lair is kicking my ass. I managed to get to Wiley, once, but that's the extent of it. Still, he seems easier in this one than he did in 9, so maybe I'll actually be able to beat 10 if I keep trying.

Zevox

Wily's Mech is hella easier in 10. First stage is weak to Solar Burner. Don't know what the second stage is weak to. Wily Capsule is vulnerable to the Buster only.

TheSummoner
2010-03-02, 07:01 PM
I believe the second form of Wily Machine 10 is weak to Pumpman's weapon.

And I disagree... Maybe its the fact that I spent weeks perfecting my strategy against Wily Machine 9, maybe its that both Tornadoman and Galaxyman's weapons could neutralize Wily Machine 9's attacks, maybe its that I've only beaten Wily Machine 10 once so far, but I think hes harder in 10 than he is in 9... Mainly because of form 3, but still.

Mando Knight
2010-03-02, 07:05 PM
I believe the second form of Wily Machine 10 is weak to Pumpman's weapon.

And I disagree... Maybe its the fact that I spent weeks perfecting my strategy against Wily Machine 9, maybe its that both Tornadoman and Galaxyman's weapons could neutralize Wily Machine 9's attacks, maybe its that I've only beaten Wily Machine 10 once so far, but I think hes harder in 10 than he is in 9... Mainly because of form 3, but still.

Wily Capsule in 10 is easy. Just don't shoot the dummy target and use your Mega Buster. Having reduced gravity for the area helps.

TheSummoner
2010-03-02, 07:23 PM
Eh, I never got the hand of dodging the shots. Once again, I've only beaten him once...

Maybe my opinion will change after I kick his wrinkled ass a few more times... But I've got some other things I need to do first... Posting a new map for example ^_^.

Kris Strife
2010-03-02, 08:14 PM
It's the opposite, actually - the U.S. version is the one with additional content for once.

Wily says something like "You can't kill me, Rock. Robots are forbidden from harming humans!"

In both though, Forte beams through the ceiling and saves Wily, then the Blue Bomber is seen walking away from the doom base, getting angrier with each step.

My mistake then. Little surprised that the US censors would let that through, and its been a while since I beat that one.

Hey, I like it, and at least three people from EGM liked it.

We can make a Megaman 8 fan club. With 5 people.

Make that 6.

TheSummoner
2010-03-02, 08:49 PM
Your numbers are too many. In response, I must form the "We believe Megaman 8 never existed and the fanmade 8-bit version of Megaman 7 is the true Megaman 7" club.

Club rules are simple. We deny the existance of Megaman 8, and refuse to acknowledge the 16-bit Megaman 7 in favor of the 8-bit fanmade version. I am founder and president, I am still looking for a VP, treasurer, and 8 others to be on the decision making counsel... hereafter refered to as the Counsel of Robot Masters.

chiasaur11
2010-03-02, 10:48 PM
Your numbers are too many. In response, I must form the "We believe Megaman 8 never existed and the fanmade 8-bit version of Megaman 7 is the true Megaman 7" club.

Club rules are simple. We deny the existance of Megaman 8, and refuse to acknowledge the 16-bit Megaman 7 in favor of the 8-bit fanmade version. I am founder and president, I am still looking for a VP, treasurer, and 8 others to be on the decision making counsel... hereafter refered to as the Counsel of Robot Masters.

Robot Masters?

Sealing your eventual fate there, I see.

SparkMandriller
2010-03-02, 11:00 PM
why must we fight

we are not enemies

TheSummoner
2010-03-02, 11:16 PM
Robot Masters?

Sealing your eventual fate there, I see.

Not at all. As President, I am Megaman and can easily handle any of them who try anything. VP is Protoman and is just as capable. Treasurer is... Roll or something...

Naturally, we cycle the Robot Masters every time Wily breaks out of jail.

Fri
2010-03-03, 12:28 AM
Miss Tron is our goddess...

Miss Troon....

Kris Strife
2010-03-03, 07:21 AM
So, does anyone else find it creepy that Dr. Light, an older, presumably single man made two child robots to be his 'lab assistants' and has the girl going around in a knee length red dress? Especially considering Dr. Light's uncanny resemblence to Santa Claus?

Asheram
2010-03-03, 07:25 AM
Miss Troon....

Got all three on my shelf here... Should I make another day disappear by plugging in my playstation, I wonder? *sighs*

ZeroNumerous
2010-03-03, 07:30 AM

Plus, in both Megaman doesn't lower his gun. I think the intention is obvious, but for some reason Capcom didn't think the American audience would get it without Megaman's intent being spelled out.

Drascin
2010-03-03, 07:45 AM
I really need to get 9 and 10 one of these days. I honestly liked the X/Zero/ZX series paradigm a lot more than Classic, but even then, Classic was also awesome, so I need to play them. Problem is that involves me stopping being too lazy and cheap to go and buy a WiiPoints card...

SparkMandriller
2010-03-03, 07:50 AM
So, does anyone else find it creepy that Dr. Light, an older, presumably single man made two child robots to be his 'lab assistants' and has the girl going around in a knee length red dress? Especially considering Dr. Light's uncanny resemblence to Santa Claus?

Why would looking like Santa make things better or worse?

Am I, am I missing something here?

Kris Strife
2010-03-03, 07:55 AM
Why would looking like Santa make things better or worse?

Am I, am I missing something here?

Could go either way if you think about it long enough.

Eh, its not much worse than Wily giving Zero boob-lights and long blonde hair...

Geno9999
2010-03-03, 08:08 AM
Okay, first chance I get, I'm going to get Mega Man 2, 3 and 10 when I get a Wii Nintendo points card.

SparkMandriller
2010-03-03, 08:12 AM
Could go either way if you think about it long enough.

Oh, yeah, hide behind insinuations. You think Santa is gonna take that? Do you really think Santa is gonna take that?

PS I'd need to get 10 if it was actually out over here. Which it isn't. For no good reason. D:

Kris Strife
2010-03-03, 08:23 AM
Oh, yeah, hide behind insinuations. You think Santa is gonna take that? Do you really think Santa is gonna take that?

No beef with Santa, just old guys that make themselves look like Santa and build robot children as lab assistants/household servants.

Zevox
2010-03-03, 10:29 AM
Okay, first chance I get, I'm going to get Mega Man 2, 3 and 10 when I get a Wii Nintendo points card.
I'd suggest seeing if you can get ahold of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection game for the Gamecube, PS2, or X-Box instead of downloading 2 and 3. It's probably pretty cheap by now, being a last-gen game, and has all 8 original-series Mega Man games plus a couple of Mega Man fighting games which were originally rare arcade games on it.

Anyway, I beat 10. The weakness for Wiley's second form was definitely the Water Shield, although it was a bit of pain hitting him with it. His third form was certainly his toughest, but nothing a couple of energy tanks couldn't handle.

Zevox

TheSummoner
2010-03-03, 12:01 PM
You know... you can just buy points directly with a credit or debit card (thats what I did to get 10). 1000 points for $10, same price as the points cards themselves...

Or theres always emulators for 1-8.

Mando Knight
2010-03-03, 12:57 PM
I'd suggest seeing if you can get ahold of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection game for the Gamecube, PS2, or X-Box instead of downloading 2 and 3. It's probably pretty cheap by now, being a last-gen game, and has all 8 original-series Mega Man games plus a couple of Mega Man fighting games which were originally rare arcade games on it.
It's not as well-emulated.

Anyway, I beat 10. The weakness for Wiley's second form was definitely the Water Shield, although it was a bit of pain hitting him with it.
Wait for him to come down, then hit him with the shield as it rotates around Mega Man. Trying to sync up the Water Shield's thrown bubbles to hit Wily is crazy, since you'll probably get two to hit at most, which wastes weapon energy faster than Wily energy.

Starfols
2010-03-03, 12:58 PM
No beef with Santa, just old guys that make themselves look like Santa and build robot children as lab assistants/household servants.

I don't blame him. Look how cute she is! Don't you just wanna hug her? :smallsmile:

http://www.cannonspike.com/CamFan/capcom/vs-games/mvc-roll.gif

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/distortedshrine/large/20080627_rollchan.jpg?v=144450
What have you done, internet? What have you done??

Mando Knight
2010-03-03, 01:03 PM

I think he looks more like Professor Ochanomizu with a beard...

TheSummoner
2010-03-03, 01:17 PM
*eyeroll*

Dr. Light is based off Thomas Edison and Dr. Wily is based off Albert Einstein. I thought this was common knowledge...

Mando Knight
2010-03-03, 01:19 PM
*eyeroll*

Dr. Light is based off Thomas Edison and Dr. Wily is based off Albert Einstein. I thought this was common knowledge...
Well, yeah, but he looks more like Ochanomizu with a beard stuck on his face.

Note: Chill Man's stage is great for racking up easy lives and Screws on Hard once you get his and Blade Man's weapons.

Geno9999
2010-03-03, 09:32 PM

Well I have two (fixable) reasons for not wanting to do that:

1: My Gamecube controllers' control stick pads are coming/are off. (I can probably buy some replacements off of ebay)

2: My GC (Black) Memory card is a relatively small storage cap. and the other (white) gets corrupted WAAAAAaaay to easily. (Again, ebay is my bestest friend evar.)

Zevox
2010-03-03, 09:49 PM
It's not as well-emulated.
Seems fine to me. :smallconfused:

Wait for him to come down, then hit him with the shield as it rotates around Mega Man. Trying to sync up the Water Shield's thrown bubbles to hit Wily is crazy, since you'll probably get two to hit at most, which wastes weapon energy faster than Wily energy.
That's what I did. Trouble is timing it, and not jumping/walking into him and getting hurt when you do so.

Zevox

Inhuman Bot
2010-03-03, 11:04 PM
Seems fine to me. :smallconfused:

It seems better to me, tbh.

Starfols
2010-03-11, 11:29 AM
I just ran into a weird glitch in MM X. I just beat Chill Penguin, and I got hit by a missile on Spark Mandriller's stage. I then randomly Acquired Electric Spark, and spawned at the beginning of the game. I still had my weapons, but my attachments had disappeared. I got hit by the same enemy, and it happened again. :confused:
Also, whenever I shot an enemy, and it dropped health, it disappeared as soon as it hit the ground.

SparkMandriller
2010-03-12, 08:06 AM
That's a Zsnes problem, isn't it? At least, I think it is. I dunno, are you using Zsnes?

Also I have played MM10 and in my professional opinion the bosses are far too hard to hit and that makes me sad. Every single one jumping everywhere or going invincible or having a tiny hitbox or getting shields and it's just daaaaaaamn.

Aside from that the game seems okay.

Geno9999
2010-03-12, 05:47 PM
That's a Zsnes problem, isn't it? At least, I think it is. I dunno, are you using Zsnes?

Also I have played MM10 and in my professional opinion the bosses are far too hard to hit and that makes me sad. Every single one jumping everywhere or going invincible or having a tiny hitbox or getting shields and it's just daaaaaaamn.

Aside from that the game seems okay.

Chill Man doesn't seem to be the jumpy kind for me, so kill him first, then follow the chain of weaknesses (aka, Nitroman next then > Commando > Blade > Strike > Sheep > Pump > Solar)

Zeful
2010-03-18, 08:42 PM
On the music topic: I found these guys on Tvtropes. The Megas (www.themegas.com/).

I think that their awesome.

Inhuman Bot
2010-03-18, 09:13 PM
On the music topic: I found these guys on Tvtropes. The Megas (www.themegas.com/).

I think that their awesome.

Neat.

I gets all the (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUYSriP4lmM) good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUEO9Mfmn4M) songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK1FKFBBwwA)

*Cackles*

Mando Knight
2010-03-18, 09:43 PM
Chill Man doesn't seem to be the jumpy kind for me, so kill him first, then follow the chain of weaknesses (aka, Nitroman next then > Commando > Blade > Strike > Sheep > Pump > Solar)

Chill's strategy in Easy and Normal: Move, shoot. Repeat. Two shots in Normal, one in Easy. In Hard he shoots 3 and his Hard mode special is jumping into the sky and shooting a lot of shots... into predetermined points. Chill Man's weapon breaks Nitro Man's Wheel Cutters and causes massive damage in trap mode.

The other character I might recommend starting with in Easy or Normal is Pump Man, since his pattern is summon water shield, run around, jump and shoot water shield, repeat. The others don't have much more complex patterns, they're just harder to dodge and/or beat without their weakness weapon.

Lunix Vandal
2010-03-19, 08:09 AM
I'm not too fond of Pump Man, period -- I can't seem to get the hang of dodging him while he has his Water Shield up. Admittedly, his Hard pattern isn't really much more complex -- he just adds "throw pump handle as a really bloody fast boomerang" between "lose previous Water Shield" and "generate a new one." Which just gives you more time to whale on him between Water Shields.

Also, I'll echo Geno's "start with Chill Man" sentiment, even more so for the doubleplusungood (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitlehjs85wn4?from=Main.NineteenEightyFour) Hard (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NintendoHard) Mode (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin). Mostly since the majority of the stages on Hard have (very) inconveniently-placed Gabyoalls, best (only?) dispatched by the Chill Spike. And also that way you'll have Rebound Striker, Triple Blade, and Commando Bomb for Sheep, Pump, and Solar Man's stages. The platform enemies in Sheep's stage die really fast to Triple Blade, making it easier to maneuver and/or pick up Screws. Oh, and you'll have Rush Jet, so you can skip most of the "classic" teleporting-block sequences. There's a Sniper Joe along the top path of Pump's stage that you can't get past without either taking damage or using a (steeply) downward-firing weapon (like those three). Having those weapons for Solar's stage makes it a bit easier to clean up the seeker-rocket-launcher and solar-beam-flower enemies. Finally, you'll never run into one of those walls that can only be broken by Commando Bombs without having already beaten Commando Man. Nevermind that they only appear in Blade and Solar Man's stages and Wily's Fortress. (Free E and W tanks! Woo!)

Also also, for some reason I had an easier time getting the gold on Octobulb H than on the M and E versions. Probably because I had just unlocked Sheep Man H (after dying like a million times on his stage, then killing him outright with Rebound Striker when I finally got to him) and was thus used to how the mini-Octobulbs move on Hard. Yes, speeding up enemy movements can throw people off their game. Yes, so can slowing them back down afterwards. :smalltongue:

TheSummoner
2010-04-06, 01:17 AM
Having just downloaded and completed the game with Bass (Yeah, that DLC came out today), I am left with one question...

Why the hell didn't Megaman and Protoman ever think to shoot up?! So many segments are made incredibly easy simply because Bass can shoot up (the diagonal shots are nice, but up is enough really). EVERY miniboss is easily killed by shooting up, it really helps in the levels themselves... The only stage I thought was harder with Bass was Strikeman's (not being able to move while shooting made those bits where you had to shoot the balls to make them fly up and run under them hell. I just used Treble to fly across them and save myself the frustration). Not to mention Wily Boss 2 (the Crab thing) was a pushover with Bass and Wily's second form is also made much easier.

Maybe its Dr. Light's fault... what sort of super genious designs his robots without elbows anyways!?

Well Wily, you finally won one for designing a robot with a much needed feature that Light overlooked. For those keeping score, it is now...

Dr. Wily: 1
Dr. Light: Too many to count.

Mando Knight
2010-04-07, 12:01 AM
Mostly since the majority of the stages on Hard have (very) inconveniently-placed Gabyoalls, best (only?) dispatched by the Chill Spike.

They're not quite gabyoalls, but they are only slain by a quick Chill Spike.

Bass is a robot powered by awesome, transported by a wolf of awesome, and with a gun arm of pure Dakkawesome.

I echo Summoner's statement that he also easily thwarts Wily and a majority of the mini bosses by standing under them and shooting up. :smallamused:

The rest can all be taken care of by spamming the Triple Blade. Why? IT'S A GUN. THAT SHOOTS SWORDS.

TheSummoner
2010-04-07, 12:14 AM
The only way it could be more awesome is if those swords shot bullets... flaming bullets... Blue fire flaming bullets.

SAMAS
2010-04-07, 09:51 AM

Um... what's wrong with a knee-length dress?

Anyways:

First game: Mega Man 2

Also played: 3, X, X5, ZX, and ZX Advent.

Other games with Mega Men in them: Cannon Spike, Marvel vs. Capcom. MvC 2, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Mando Knight
2010-04-07, 01:31 PM
The only way it could be more awesome is if those swords shot bullets... flaming bullets... Blue fire flaming bullets.

The fact that it's one of the best weapons in the game offense-wise doesn't hurt, either.