PDA

View Full Version : A fey warlock(PrC)(PEACH)

Desmond Tiny
2010-02-27, 02:48 PM
Feylock
Prerequisites: ability to cast the Charm or Curse of Despair invocations
Charisma at least 15
10 ranks in diplomacy and intimidate
Skills: 2+ intelligence modifier skill ranks per level
A Feylock has the same class skills as a Warlock.
Feylock
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|fey power|+1 level of existing invoking class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Faerie Blast|+1 level of existing invoking class

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3| Damage reduction 2/cold iron |+1 level of existing invoking class

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Otherworldly beauty|+1 level of existing invoking class

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4| Damage reduction 4/cold iron|+1 level of existing invoking class

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5|Verdant Blast|+1 level of existing invoking class

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5| Damage reduction 6/cold iron|+1 level of existing invoking class

8th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+6|Follow me|+1 level of existing invoking class

9th|
+6|
+3|
+3|
+6| Damage reduction 8/cold iron |+1 level of existing invoking class

10th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+7| Damage reduction 10/cold iron, fury of the faerie|+1 level of existing invoking class [/table]

Fey Power: You gain the ability to choose powers the fey lords saved for the best of their servants. You may now choose fey power invocations when you gain new invocations known.

Faerie Blast: You gain the power to change your eldritch blast into a Faerie Blast. You cannot apply eldritch essence invocations to a Faerie Blast. A creature hit with a Faerie Blast gains a -5 penalty to AC because fey powers always make it stand out in everyone’s eyes. It also gains a -2 penalty to all saves as fey forces strengthen magic used against it. A creature cannot be affected by more than 1 Faerie Blast at a time. These effects last for 1 minute. A Faerie Blast always counts as at least a 5th level spell.
Damage Reduction: Your masters make you vulnerable only to their weakness. At 2nd level you gain Damage Reduction 2/cold iron. This ability improves as seen on the chart above. This stack with Damage Reduction gained from warlock levels.
Otherworldly Beauty: Your fey masters see fit to make you more attractive than any other mortal. At 4th level you gain a permanent 2 point increase to your charisma. Also you gain a +4 bonus on any charisma based skill check with fey or plant creatures as they see you as a servant of the fey lords.
Verdant Blast: You can transform your eldritch blast into a Verdant Blast. Any creature hit by a verdant blast is affected by the spell Entangling Vines and must make a fortitude save or be sickened. A Verdant Blast counts as at least a 6th level spell.
Follow me: You can entice creatures to follow you. 3 times per day you can force a creature to make a will save or follow your next instruction to the best of its ability. This ability last 5 rounds. You cannot instruct a creature to commit suicidal actions with this ability.
Fury of the Faerie: At 10th level you gain the ability to fully channel the power of the fey lords into one blast. Once per day you can create an extremely powerful blast of supernatural energy. You can turn your eldritch blast into a Fury Blast once per day. Any creature hit with a Fury Blast must make a will save or be overcome with rage. The DC is 5 higher than what it would normally be. A creature also must roll twice and take the lower result. Any creature affected by this ability must spend every turn using its most damaging attack on its nearest ally for the next 1d4+1 minutes.

Fluff will come later. Also help me come up with a better name.

Desmond Tiny
2010-02-27, 02:49 PM
Reserved for fey power invocations

Eldan
2010-02-27, 03:53 PM
Just a detail, really, but the Court of Stars is the Eladrin High Court, not the Seelie Court in DnD.

Desmond Tiny
2010-02-27, 04:37 PM
Okay, I guess I'll change that but how is it mechanically?

Eldan
2010-02-27, 05:08 PM
I can't really say. Quite honestly, so far it doesn't seem very interesting. It has a few cursing blasts for enemies, but apart from that, not much that is truly unique. If you give it a few interesting invocations, it should be much better.