PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation - The Immortals INC

Croverus
2010-02-27, 04:45 PM
The universe did not begin with nothingness, but with a single dot of light. This dot awakened, looking about itself and feeling a deep sadness with the emptiness around it. With a flash the light spread and brought trillions of little dots of light into creation. It moved close to one of the lights, called stars and came close to it. Gathering matter it formed a small hunk of rock, then ebgan to alter the rock, adding gases and minerals and shaping the basic lands as seas took shape. Soon s small world was brought into being, with large bodies of water and realtively smooth landmasses with simple grasses. Nodding with his creation the being then left the owrld, staying otuside it's atmosphere and he closed his eyes. He called through space and time and plcuked several powerful beings from different worlds that all had failed, rescuing the beings from certain doom. He also made a few beings himself, then tossed them all down to the world. They landed safely, most on alnd but a few landed in the waters. One sunk down, weighed down by heavy chains tha had appeared with him, and he was pinned to the bottom. The overbeing blew out a great gust of air and filled the atmosphere, then send a single word to the minds of his 'children', bringing them to life.

"Awaken..."

They were immedietly aware that they were on this world to do as they pleased, given power by the Overbeing that watched them. They were still limited in their power, but would grow strong as time passed. The Overbeing gave them instructions on what to do, setting down rules they would live by and informing them how they were all children of the Overbeing now. He told them to begin with crafting the lands and filling it with simple life.

Map (http://croverus.deviantart.com/art/Lords-of-Creation-Immortals-2-155635403)

Vadin
2010-02-27, 06:58 PM
Kagu, falling from the sky

With a mighty roar and a corona of fire, the great wild lion fell to the world below. He flexed his divine will to force the flames back from whence they came, and they left his person and formed a ball in the sky that lit the whole world. It fell to the other side of the world and rose again later, and repeated this pattern endlessly.
(-1 mote, Create the sun)

He tried to remember the life before...his brother, Hyacinthe...his sister whose name was lost...the shadow that took her place. Yen. That was his name. His brother Hyacinthe and the half-brother Yen. Where were they?

Kagu walked across the largest landmass of the world calling out to the only other beings he remembered, "Hyacinthe! Yen! Oh brothers my brothers, from where have we come and to where did we go? This bright world is strange and new. Brothers!"

The land on which he walked he called Sakan.

"Sakan is green and fertile and ours for the taking! Come to me brothers and let us make it out own!"

Great tall grasses grew up across the warm world, and a savanna with great baobab trees stretched across Sakan. Rocky outcroppings jutted out occasionally from the fresh earth, and a number of small springs and rivers dotted and criss-crossed the landscape. Gazelle and antelope and zebra sprang up from the ground to roam Sakan in great herds. Kagu's first true children followed shortly, the noble and powerful lion. The lions would hunt the lesser beasts, alone and in packs, and they would relax in the sun, secure in the knowledge that they were kings and queens of all the could see.
(-2 motes of power, Create the savannas, grazing pack animals, and lions)
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1534/mapupdate1.jpg
https://room42.wikispaces.com/file/view/2.jpg/33517415/2.jpg
From seemingly nowhere, a golden mask appeared on Kagu's face and a pair of great white wings spread out from his back. The mask of gold seemed to radiate with a primal fury, and it hungered for power. Strength, it said. Strength.
(Minor artifact, -1 to force level)
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs28/i/2008/122/3/d/Ariel__Lion_of_God_by_Warfrost14.jpg

9 motes remaining

Innis Cabal
2010-02-27, 07:29 PM
Yen

Yen slowly pulls himself from the ground, an isolated island set in an choppy ocean.

“Bleak and barren…how utterly boring…At least the sun is raising…”

He grins up at the bright orb, waving at it amiably. He then slowly glanced around, frowning at the desolate island, flat and devoid of beauty, of ugly things. Devoid of life in general, something that disgusted him. If there was no life, no essence to twist, to bend and to taint…what purpose was there for his fun. He was not born in that cold, dark space to gain his freedom for nothing. With a flick of his tails, he dove them into the earth, a mighty forest rolling to the shores. The earth pitched and raised in tremendous fashion, forming gentle sloping mountains, slowly building until the center of the island was unable to be seen from the shore. (-2 Motes)

“Yet empty…yet still without life and form. How I bemoan the common world I am born in, not close to grand as it should be…if it is to be my world, it must be…wondrous.”

And in the deepest valley of the island, a massive tower stretched into the sky, ten stores of bamboo and lacquered tiles, and inside was a palace fit for an immortal such as he. And from the air, the Fox came, and so too did their prey. Small creatures all fit for consumption, and with his work done, the massive black fox lay down on his bed, and drew the curtains close, he light a multitude of candles, for in the dark he knew eyes would forever watch him. And the beast slumbered until such time other immortals awakened. His ears twitched, but to go to them, those he had fled to this world to avoid...they had come searching perhaps. The voice fell on deaf and slumbering ears. The Fox God would reply when he was ready, the sun and moon held no power over him. (1 Mote)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/mapupdate2.jpg

The light green is Yen's island

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-27, 07:46 PM
Suedomsa

The slumbering ancient had dwelt there for as long as time recalled. Whether it had been anything before this point was debatable, but as the Immortals were born, and the world was lit by a fiery glow, it opened eyes full of power, and awoke. Deep in the core of the world, it's very essence the purest ores of the world itself, it had no form at first. It began to pull itself upwards, through the mantel and finally the crust of the world. As it dragged itself ever onward, ever upward, it began to change, it's molten flesh hardening and taking shape as it moved ever farther from it's unbelievably hot birth place. It grew long, lithe, and powerful, vast wings settled on it's back, and powerful clawed limbs both forward and back appeared as it dug faster and faster, ascending with as much haste as it could. Finally, it's form began to truly solidify, as it burst through the worlds thick skin. The force of it's final birth was a titanic eruption which carried the magma and molten metals of his place of origin onto the surface, a great edifice shooting upwards with the power of it's arrival. And thus was the Volcano of Origin created. (-1 Mote, hopefully this is acceptable. I'll change it if not) The huge being, the First Dragon, was the vanguard of the Volcanoes first great eruption, shooting into the sky before it's massive wings opened to bear it aloft, a titanic crashing and booming coming from the Volcano below, but as the Dragon let loose it's first roar, the sound was so great it overshadowed even the vast rumbling of the very world being split open . It's sharp eyes scanned the surrounding landscape in search of others of it's own ilk.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-27, 08:00 PM
Merrit

The New World was a silent place, devoid of any life. No man had stepped forward onto this land, and unless disturbed it would continue to remain this way. However, a disturbance eventually comes. It comes in the form of a cloaked man descending to the earth, becoming an exception to these earlier statements. He looked around at his new domain with interest. "This is hardly exciting. Where's the fun in bleak gray landscape?" He asks himself as he looks around. "And where did I leave my-" His statement is cut short as a black horse lands on him. He groans, pushing the horse off of him and standing up. "Alright. Very funny. Regardless, I'm thirsty." He grumbles, taking a pouch from his cloak. He takes a handful of dust from inside the pouch and blows on it, scattering it around. Within minutes the dust becomes plant-life. Grapevines and other leafy plants rise from the earth. (Spending 1 mote to make groves of wine and other plants) He takes a grape of the vine, and crushes it above his mouth, letting the juice drip into his mouth. "It isn't ambrosia, but it will do for now."

Ra_Va
2010-02-27, 08:38 PM
A god was created... A god felt pain. From the very first part of his existence he felt pain. When the Overbeing created the oceans he also created sea animals, where their for only one purpose, or at-least it seemed that way to ... the nameless water god. They were there for punishment, ripping his flesh off and eating it before his eyes before they too were taken. He was told to create simple life... but the pain was too much.

RationalGoblin
2010-02-27, 08:39 PM
Ankhnon

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs9/300W/i/2006/026/1/0/Sobek_by_Negger.jpg

Ankhnon looks like this, but with an Egyptian style crown, and no axe. Also, picture is by Negger of DeviantArt.

Silently, the great beast that is Ankhnon flows down to the new world, coming to a stop in the middle of a large southwestern island.

From Ankhnon's feet, springs a mighty river, and as he places his claw upon the ground, the grass wilts and melds into sandy marsh. (-2 motes of power, creating a river, and a desert/marsh.)

"This world... seems to unsuitable for my divine will. I suppose, if I am to rule over it, it must be molded to my preferences. Hrmh."

Ankhnon gives a wrenching motion with his hand, pulling it from the new sand. As he does so, he also pulls massive ziggurat of limestone from the dust, with a thousand stone steps impassable by mortals leading up to a temple-palace.

The crocodile desert god grins, his many teeth showing.

"Tasteful opulence and useful defensibility. Excellent."

He strides up the thousand steps, taking hundreds at a time. He soon enters the palace, filled with gold and jade. He takes a seat on a massive throne of stone, and strokes his scaled chin.

I wonder, how many others of my kind are there? Are they friendly, or hostile? Can they be broken, or bent to my will? This world is new, and rich. Any like unto myself must wish to dominate all those resources... But perhaps I can find rational beings, who will accept a partition of the world under our benevolent rule... In any case, I must find these beings, to judge for myself.

Ankhnon soon pulls himself from his throne, and strides off from his lands to find more immortals, but before he does, he takes a moment, and sculpts the crawling beasts of the sands, out of the dust, and his pets, the mighty crocodiles, out of the flowing river.

(-2 motes, creating scorpions and snakes, as well as crocodiles.)

Satisfied, he strides off to the edge of his island, and peers out over the seas, attempting to see any immortals that may be there.

Raz_Fox
2010-02-28, 09:33 AM
In the beginning, she understood, for a fleeting moment. Fate, manipulation, the reason for existence. Why she, of all possibilities, had been created. Then she forgot, for the sake of the story. But the cards remembered, for a bit of the Red King was about them. (Don't tell, it would spoil the surprise.)

--------------------------

Her mind went through several permutations as the sky stopped spinning around her head. Who was she? Risen. Where was she? Grass. Sun. Sky. That was the extent of her knowledge. What had she been drinking last night? Last night was- was-

...Well, who cares, anyway?

Risen rose, taking inventory of herself. Clothing, proper in its impropriety. Something digging into her hip. Hair hanging over her eyes. Well, those last two could be fixed. She snapped her fingers, and her hair slid back into twin tails behind her head. Yeah, that'd work. Now, second problem. She stuck her hand into her pocket, which seemed to go down much farther than it should have.

What she came out with was a deck of cards, seemingly ancient and grungy, and yet impossibly ornate. Quite the paradox there. She flicked through it a couple of times, from hand to hand, making the cards dance between her fingers. Ooooooh yeah. These were meant for her, she could tell.

With a sharp grin worthy of her dad, Risen looked around, cards still flickering between her hands. No one to play with around here, just overgrown housecats and grass that was too tall. Ugh. No, she wanted someplace that would be suitable for her to play in. So she... um... tried to figure out how to get out of here.

She glanced down at the cards she was holding in her hands. A pair of wings. Now that, that was an idea. She tried flapping her arms. Didn't work, and made her look like an idiot. Oh, hey, ground, what are you doing that far beneath her feet? Risen blinked in surprise as she realized that this flying business was a lot easier than the birds made it look. Hells, she could even recline as she soared.

This godding stuff was going to work out just fine, she could tell.

--------------------------------

Had any mortals been around to witness the work of Risen's hands, they would have been surprised at how years seemed to rush past in days with her careful manipulation of the land's luck. (Do you know how big and unwieldy a land's luck is? Yeah.)

Trees rose from tiny seeds in hours, maturing into great beech trees by the sea, ringing a rather pretty bay. Yes, this would be her holy place. Once she made some company, here would be where they came to play with her.

With but a snap of her fingers, she summoned up a river from the rich ground; with but a flick of a card, she dug a trench from spring to sea. This would be her river. She dipped her fingers into the water, and tasted it. It was deep, and rich, and had just a bit of sweetness that came from her. And Risen decided that this was the best water she'd ever had.

"So what do I call this place?" She stroked her chin in thought as she looked out on her holy place. "Antara? Nah, too pretentious. Jin Xed? No, it'd never catch on. Aha!" She grinned again, like a knife's edge, her pink eyes wide with delight. "Fortune!"

And so Fortune came to be, the land of beeches by the sea and the water that was sweet to the taste. And Risen looked upon it, and was pleased, at least for a little while.

Minor Artifact: Risen's Deck. These enigmatic cards are the tools of Risen in the world, and through them can be seen the future, the strands of fate, and that you're about to lose your shirt to her. +1 Perception.

-1 Mote: Making the Forest of Beeches.
-1 Mote: Conjuring the sweet river.

Feirgon
2010-02-28, 11:04 AM
Hieroph

It fell. And It fell fast. And when It landed, It landed hard. Its form; droplet turned pool, coalesced back to It's more accustomed stature. It then took in Its bearings.

This was not a world on the brink of destruction. It felt no straining of power, It did not feel the corners of the world. This world was new and It was new here. It would have to start over again. But perhaps, It would not fail this time.

---

It had been a long time since It had moved. But the lack of power was not possible to over come. Four arms jut out from Its body. Focusing Its power, Hieroph lifted Its arms drawing upon the earth to rise. It wanted to see further. It raised the land evenly and created a plateau.

The earth and ground around him was uncomfortable. It wished for more comfort and soon his presence grew into the ground creating a vast pool of water. Hieroph sat upon the surface of this water, content.

But It wished to extend its reach; It wished to see more of the world. Lifting one of Its arms, It pointed in a direction. In the direction Hieroph pointed, a small indent in the ground began to form, leading away from the pool. A small river was formed that led to the vast oceans of the world. It could feel the pulsing of life. And it wished to add to that life. Creatures that embodied aspects of his very nature. It created octopi and jellyfish, creatures that seemed nearly formless; and It created coral, a creature that moved not and yet lived. These creatures were cast throughout the oceans and began to thrive.

If Hieroph had a face, It would have smiled at Its accomplishments.

Landing spot: The large island on the NorthEast of the map (close to the eastern edge)

Artifact - Pool of Serenity: A small, yet endlessly full pool atop a plateau that feeds into a small river. The pool confers +1 to presence for Hieroph.

Actions:
Created plateau - 4 motes (I figure this would raise a good portion of the island up)
Created a river - 1 mote
Created simple sea creatures - 2 motes

Motes remaining: 5

Kasanip
2010-02-28, 11:10 AM
Raia

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/raiakp.jpg

Like the flash of nothingness at the begining from which being began, so too was it that Raia descended upon command from the great one himself. She landed on her feet on the surface of the world with a great withering impact, but was unharmed. Immediately though, her gaze turned skyward.

She was here. The time before time was empty...ringing. The sounds of something that echoed in her mind. A great conflict of emotions and feelings...and yet it eluded her mind. What had happened? What was this place now?

The goddess looked at her hands and robes, and fixed the sash at her waist, and the cloth around her head. The functionality was instantly known to her, and the yearnings that came with the quiver at her side (empty as it was) gave her dreams and hints of what came before. A place of turmoil and struggle, but with direction and focus.

Silently though, she quelled these thoughts amidst the simple land- the green and blue dichotomy of sky and earth. A great border on which to walk. But Raia's feet didn't touch the ground. She stepped upwards even as she walked, ascending higher into the air.
She could see well, the piercing detail of the unravaged land. It was a place of peace, not a battlefield of war. And yet it was slow to change, slow to wake. It was in motion, and yet the easiest of targets.
It was not safe.
But it had the quality of safety that both comforted and frustrated her. No, this was not her home. And yet, now it was.
Higher she ascended into the sky, and summoned to her the clouds that floated softly above her head- now closer than before. And she sat upon the edge of one, allowing her sandaled feet to dangle over as she peered down from her vantage upon the world below. Blue and green. Admirable colors, but they were already full of exuberance and life- even as it was silent and dormant.
She turned to the clouds about, summoning more with the beckoning of her hand.

Her long black hair fluttered in the breeze, and she embraced the cool sensation as it touched her gently. Yes, here in the sky was a place of motion and struggle. An eternal increase and decrease of feelings and thoughts.
But it was scattered and divided already. To unite the sky to ordain the peace of the land below- this was the goal and dream that ran through Raia's mind.

More and more clouds she summoned, building them higher and more expansive, binding them and nurturing them until they became a great and expansive, ever shifting kingdom her sandaled feet could walk upon. A shifting kingdom that would travel about- of pure white and black, with all the shades of blue and gray mixed within. For now it was empty, but it would not be so forever.
Raia had big dreams, but it was these clouds that would be the foundation.
She stuck her hand into the great mass and gave it order, even as she pulled from it her bow. The Zanun of Raia. The quiver at her side was empty, and yet as she held her hand aloft, she drew from the air about a sizzling sparkle of screaming blue and white energy - a measure of the raw potential and force that lay in the vastness of the sky above. The energy screamed and churned, desperately attempting to escape- yearning for it to be released upon it's course.
Raia turned her eyes to the ground in the distance, and the lightning knew it's target before she had even ritually drawn the bow. She put her hand to the divine thread, and with tremendous force she shaped the lightning and drew it into a bolt before releasing it with an easy grace.

The bolt screamed and cried in a terrible echoing cataclysmic sound before it smashed into the earth - like the Immortal herself when she had first descended.
The sound reverbated across the land, and back up to the sky itself with a thunderous force.
As if the sky cried at the very pain of the earth as it shuddered in the blast, so did rain begin to fall and nourish it's wounds.

Acts

12 Motes:

-3 Mote : Shape "Kumozuka" - The Sky Kingdom of Raia
The Sky Kingdom "Kumozuka" looks to mortals and people from below like a towering thunderstorm. What lies within it and on top, is yet a kingdom of Raia's herself.
(Perhaps when we are allowed to create 'beings' there may be something)
-1 Mote : Shape Land - Valley of Lightning
The land where the first bolt of lightning from Zanun struck, and the same site that Raia descended from the sky. It has since recovered from the devistation, thanks to the rains from storms. It is located in the center of the large, central island.

Minor Artifact: Zanun - the Bow of Raia
-1 Cost to shaping weather/sky
----------------------------
8 Motes remaining

Vadin
2010-02-28, 06:12 PM
Kagu, towards the explosion that rocked Sakan

Something had caused great shaking of the earth and had filled the sky with blackness, and Kagu aimed to find out what that something was.

Northwest he walked, until eventually he ran. And as he ran, he gained another form, a lion made of grasses and branches and thorns. He ran and ran until he came upon a great beast that stood out in stark contrast from the massive mountain and otherwise uninteresting terrain.

Kagu let out a great roar at the other immortal, "My name is Kagu, and who are you that stands here before me!"

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-28, 07:35 PM
Suedomsa, with Kagu

The huge wyrms eyes caught sight of the lion-thing as it bounded toward him, and he swooped down to meet it. Landing before the great animal, Suedomsa listened as it greeted him, and his response came in a booming voice. "I am Suedomsa, The Great Wyrm. It is good to see another of my kind mighty Kagu."

Vadin
2010-02-28, 08:06 PM
Kagu and Suedomsa

Kagu is a bit shocked at how polite the great wyrm is. Returning to his humanoid form, he bows. "Suedomsa. It is indeed good to see another like myself, another who is clearly almost my equal in power. Almost."

And Kagu's wings grew larger and his claws grew sharper, and the Golden Mask Of The Devourer radiated a supernatural hunger.
(9 motes to force level, 10 - 1 from artifact)

"Feel free to follow, Suedomsa. I intend to explore my new domain." The Hungry Sun set off across the continent in a steady run, waiting for whatever might strike his fancy or stir his memory.

Kagu is now DR 2.
Power: 5
Potence: 3
Presence: 1
Perception: 1

Imbasel
2010-02-28, 09:01 PM
Revinaski

Thunderclouds boom and storms rage. Lightning flashed as an immortal strode forth from the depths of the ocean. A tall powerfully built man with pure white hair, and glowing green eyes strides forth. His body is covered in powerfully built full plate armor, with a bastard sword on his hip. His white hair falls to his shoulder. His face is a stout one, weathered by the sea, and his ears are tapered at the end. Upon his chest is the minor artifact Yashin, which has a sapphire, which is set on a silver pendant. Those who look upon it can see that the blue is swirling and constantly in motion. This land, is barren, and not it will not be, for I will make it so and my will is implacable.

Revinaski looks around at the island that he emerged from (all the southwestern islands on the map) and casts a gaze upon them and fly's up into the sky so he can gaze upon them. With a mighty wave of his hand he transforms the islands into one of a paradise. With a wave of his hand he creates vast rolling hills, that have a rich golden meadows upon them. Near the coastline he creates massive evergreen tree's which provide shade. He turns his gaze upon the outskirts of each of the trees and creates bountiful amounts of iron, and other metals and coals which one day can be mined.

Revinaski smiles at this and looks upon the ocean surrounding his isles and creates small creatures called fish, that can swim through the ocean and tell him what they see. Looking upon his isles Revinaski thinks These isles are great, and one day will contain my people, I shall name it......... Aundin and it shall be a place where all shall prosper.

Revinaski smiles and goes back to land and stops. No....... this land is weak and therefore I must make it strong. With a spin of his finger he begins to create clouds above, the center of the isles. These clouds gather speed and begin to turn pitch black, and Revinaski smiles as thunderclouds form and the seas churns. He laughs a great massive laugh one, that resonates through the storm so all near can hear it. The whitecaps of the sea rise and fall, and with one final effort Revinaski finishes the storm. Hurricane force winds and lightning surrounds the outsides of the isle's and with Revinaski's voice sections of it can be rendered calm. The center of the isles remain a beautiful place with white clouds drifting through, often having short bursts of rain to help the isles grow. Revinaski begins to wander through the isles staying there, waiting for his first visitors to his isles.

Action I've never played in this type of game before, so if you think something should cost more, please let me know and I will make the appropriate changes

Created Fish: 1 Mote
Created Plains, Forests, and Iron and metals: 6 motes
Created the Hurricane of Aundin: 5 motes This hurricane surrounds the isles at all times, and protects it. It causes the outside edges of the isles to be constantly churning in a massive storm and lightning often strikes. This hurricane is permanent and certain sections can be momentarily dispelled to allow those that Revinaski's likes go through. There are still storms and the like in the isles, just less so than normal.
Total Mote Cost: 12 I used them all up, but I don't mind for right now, I will most likely spend all of next week just looking around.
Artifact,Minor: Pendent of Yashin, this glowing blue pendant confers a +1 to Revinaski's potence, and is set upon a silver pendant.

kemmotar
2010-02-28, 09:50 PM
On a small island (south and west from the "head" on the north side of the main continent, the island that looks like a reverse C) witnessed the air shimmered lightly. The shimmering soon grew until a woman's form appeared as if walking out of mist. She appeared to be walking without getting closer, only her form became more and more defined.

Suddenly, she appeared fully formed standing stock still, her hair, long and jet black, flowed almost to her waist crowned bright violet eyes with feline irises. She wore a long sky-blue pleated dress, a golden chain with fine links surrounded her slim waist. Her feet were bear. She stared uncomprehendingly at her surroundings, where was Tarnassus's mountaintop retreat whose rooms she had come to find almost comforting in their familiarity, now vague. She wondered who those rooms belonged to, whose was that haunting face in her memories, what her name was, had all this been lost in the passing? The passing to where and from where?

As if a lightning bolt had struck her a torrent of memories, knowledge and realization came flowing in to her mind. The days since her creation, her true nature, Tarnassus's face and his betrayal. She felt the presence of the being that called to her from the crumbling world where she had been created and where subsequently, she had been reborn in the end of days. She then sensed a gift that was given her, it appeared as if it had always been there, a fox with a coat white as snow standing beside her at the height of what she knew as horses, it's eyes glowed bright red and she felt its power growing within her. She reached out towards it and touched its silky coat.

As with you beautiful child, I have no name. Perhaps one day you will give me mine, one suitable for myself for I cannot find one, but I will give you yours, as my master never did.

The fox turned its head to look at her, its eyes glowing like jewels in the sun.

Your name shall be Kinu.

Kinu nodded approvingly and drew his head closer to her, his soft fur warming her. As he drew his head away she spoke once more, a smile coming over her face.

Excellent, now lets see what we can do with this bleak and featureless world, but first I will need your help.

The lady, feeling the power surging through her fingertips called forth a needle a needle from thin air and pierced her fingertip. She turned her hand facing up and slowly a droplet of blood formed. This droplet she infused with her own power and part of her own soul. As power surged slowly to that droplet it slowly formed a small blood red gem. She took the gem on her palm and offered it to the fox. Kinu licked the gem off her palm and ingested it. The lady was pleased, this world may be bleak and strange as everything new is, though she had a companion. With the unspoken bond created between her and kinu through her own power she felt his voice in her head, it felt strong and soothing, though no words came through per se, they both felt each other's thoughts.

Feeling the presence of other creatures such as herself she rode on Kinu, flying over the island where she arrived and over the sea higher and higher. She felt a present much different from the rest in spirit for even though others seemed to have fallen from the sky, this one headed for it, though others created with great uproar or concerned themselves with tasks of mundane creation this one acted differently. Therefore she rode towards the sky, to the place where she felt that presence.

The lady headed towards Raia.

minor artifact: Kinu the fox
powers: +2 power when fighting together (if not allowed then just +1 power)
granted powers:
1) +2 in the creation of beauty (-1 mote)
2) flight and telepathy between Kinu and The lady (-1 mote)

remaining motes:10

nothingclever
2010-02-28, 11:46 PM
Mark

Mark landed softly on a field of grass that stretched as far the eye could see. He looked about unsurprised. The thought of creating something didn't even occur to him. He had no reason to since he sensed that he wasn't alone in the world. Instead he decided to find another immortal like himself. He rose from the ground, took flight and set off in the direction of the nearest one moving as fast as he could. Meeting them was how he planned to pass the time.

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-01, 02:54 AM
"These parties are always frightfully boring... and pretentious besides. I don't know why your father insists on..."
"A sense of nostalgia. He likes to torture himself by being constantly reminded of how happy he was."
"You never told me the full story."
"It's a long one. Another time perhaps? Heh... you really do look beautiful tonight."
"... only tonight?"
"Me casse pas les-"
"Merci cheri. Though... I wonder if I'm the one you should be talking to right now."
"Hein?"
"That redhead who keeps stealing glances this way. I think you're making her jealous... standing this close."
"I'm not interested. It's her eyes, you know? You can't trust anyone with eyes that green."
"YOU have green eyes!"
"And... do you trust me?"
"... I haven't decided yet."
"Well, perhaps..."

A sly snarling sort of smile danced across his lips and his whole face contorted into a look of sublime self satisfaction - half charming, half predatory. Arms spread wide, he descends from the heavens; hair fluttering and coattails flapping violently upwards... still dreaming and blissfully unaware of his current predicament and looming impact with the ocean a mile below.

The falling man wore a handsome blue coat with broad white trim and brass buttons; something suited for a Victorian era gentleman, though decidedly more exotic in style. He clung to the last moment he could remember being happy. There was a ball, and his old friend... the one with the bad teeth, raven hair and heart-stealing blue eyes, the lady in red, the too-sweet champagne with a vanilla aftertaste, the new moon, his favorite coat and the boots he hadn't the time to polish, the ivory dress... his sister. She looked wonderful in that dress.

Fighting reality, he turned his thoughts to the petite dark haired girl and her awkward wide smile one last time. He shuddered once. The knowledge that he couldn't go back gripped his chest and stole his breath. Alas. Time to wake up. His eyes opened for the first time and he was afforded one long look at the star filled night sky. For just a second he drank it all in before forcing out a happy sigh and twisting his lips into an impish grin.

Splash.

Kasanip
2010-03-01, 07:46 AM
Raia

A world still barren- a world still empty. Or...perhaps not so empty. There was confusion and action below, Raia could see as she stood at the edge of her kingdom. Undoubtably there were others... Perhaps they too had survived and come here? Were they seeking to continue the eternal war, the one from dreams hidden within her past?

No... She would not allow such a thing. And yet, this world was still young. Naive. It was full of possibilities. Raia leaned upon her bow as she looked about the sky. Here there would be unity. Here there would be forged the kingdom risen from ash and smoke, bound with soft crystal and water- frozen into the mist of perfection of cloud. White and pure like all-mighty towers, and yet beneath, dark and ominous, like the forboding warning of smoke on the horizon.

And as she passed her sharp gaze across the sky, it fell upon one who approached the slowly moving kingdom of Raia. A lady whose hair was black, and whose long blue dress blended well into the backdrop of the sky itself. Raia shifted her stance as she watched this new immortal approach. It was not a threatening stance, and it seemed if anything, more watchful than before.

"Hail to you, maiden who dresses like the sky. This here is my domain that you have entered, and it is not lightly I perceive that you have come. I am Raia." She said with a bow of her head.

Raia welcomes the Lady

kemmotar
2010-03-01, 09:23 AM
The lady dismounted Kinu landing softly on the clouds upon which the other presence, which she found out looked surprisingly beautiful. She was thankful that her first contact would be such a one and hoped they should be friends, or at least not enemies.

Kinu sat on his haunches as he bowed his head in response to Raia's and so did the lady.

Greetings fair Raia, I offer my apologies for trespassing in your domain. Unfortunately, I have however, no name to offer you but only a one substitute. An old friend called me The Lady of Inspiration. But simply Lady should be sufficient.

She looked around momentarily, casting an appraising eye at this kingdom of clouds. The rolling clouds, others of the purest white and others the blackest thunderheads, she saw the sun reflect upon the clouds and basked in its bountiful rays.

Your realm is indeed of great beauty. Might I ask its purpose and if its not too rude of me, your purpose?

Kasanip
2010-03-01, 10:42 AM
Raia

Up close now, Raia's gaze passed over the Lady of Inspiration's form. She was beautiful, beyond even Raia's own, though she thought perhaps it was the kind of charisma that was impossible to match. But it was not a trait that was hostile, or unlikeable, and Raia found herself offering a rare smile to the lady, and took an arm from her bow to gesture for her to enter the realm of Kumozuka, as she turned to walk, letting the bow float beside her in the air.

"You are most gracious and humble, Lady of Inspiration. Though I cannot claim to have much knowledge of you, I find comfort and warmth in your appraisal of my work."

As they passed deeper into the realm of Kumozuka, the rolling dark clouds seemed to swirl beneath Raia's feet, and yet as her sandals passed over them they shifted and turned white. The golden sun cast down from the blue sky above, and played with glistening colorful rainbow gems, as light does upon snow or crystal refracted.

Raia turned to her guest and held one palm out, face up.
"Your questions are straightforward, and I will respond as I can. Perhaps the second before the first however.

I am Raia. From this great expanse there is potential- a potential for pure creation. A potential for pure destruction. So too perhaps is it for the land below...and yet here there is no order. There is merely the border between sky and earth and sea alone. Above us lies the border of the celestial lines...and though I cannot read them, or know their creator, they too hold limitless potential."

She gestured with her hand to the clouds about. "And yet, unlike the earth, unlike the sea, and unlike the celestial banner above, it is here that one can create anything out of nothing. But that requires force and strength of will that few have ever possessed...And so it is here that I will claim that right."
She turned her palm down and let her hand fall to her side, even as the clouds before her shifted and cleared, revealing a view of the land below.

Brilliant rays of light broke through the clouds, even as the sun approached the horizon, casting the clouds in colors of fiery reds and purples. Raia looked towards the sun and did not speak for some time.

"This place is sacred." She said finally, turning back to the Lady of Inspiration. "Perhaps it is the same for you, that once you were somewhere different. So it is with me, and that place was one where beauty existed only through action itself. Yet here...it is different. This place has meaning and worth in itself. It is a symbol of pure unaltered creation, and a symbol of order over the chaos. Perhaps it will be fitting as a home for me."

"I do not know what path I shall tread for the time I am here. But I have conquered and tamed the chaos of lightning, and command the sound of thunder." She smiled again with a humble nod of her head.
"To ask you now then the same. What purpose guides the Lady of Inspiration?"

Raz_Fox
2010-03-01, 12:24 PM
Risen awoke slowly, the rumbling roar of her dreams not deserting her as she came back into reality. Oh, maybe it was the dark, terrible storm encroaching on Fortune that had done that. Huh. That was curious; all she had seen since she could remember was bright, clear skies. Weather like this was most unusual.

...For that matter, how'd she know it was a storm?

The cards trembled beneath her fingers as she thought for a moment. She knew things without knowing them, if you understand that; the knowledge was just lurking in the dark corners of her mind, but she didn't know where the knowledge came from in the first place. Then she shrugged, giving up on the philosophy, and drew from the deck to see what was in the cards.

A lightning bolt, ringed in clouds and ivy, etched in gold and made of the finest materials. The Virgin In Might ran the scroll at the bottom. So she pulled again, hoping that it wouldn't just repeat itself. The second card she pulled out was the Queen of Stars, a simple playing card, the card of both nobility and tyranny. The third was the Deuce of Swords - ugh. That was never a good omen. She shuffled them back into the deck, uncertain when she'd see them again. The cards had a will of their own, you know.

It was imagination that lifted her up. Don't ask how, it just did, all right? With but a whispered word, she made a minor adjustment to her luck - and though the rain fell about her as she rose, not a drop landed on her. Swift was her flight (it's as fast as she thinks it is) and soon enough she'd reached the top of the storm, looking at... well, a cloud-world above the storm. Huh.

There was something about this place that intrigued her, not least that it was an entire land just made of white-gray cloud. This must have taken some doing, even more than her work just manipulating the luck of Fortune. She descended, her dark boots touching gently on the surprisingly stable ground, and looked around. Two figures stood off to her right, looking down on the world. The Queen and the Deuce?

So she walked over, noiselessly, the cards held easily in her left hand. One of them was... well, perfect. Too perfect, you know? Not a hair out of place, not a touch of good old-fashioned scruffiness on her clothing. Risen was certainly not jealous, and she was not in denial about it. Nope. Not a bit. The second had the appearance of a girl about Risen's own age, but was dressed in rather boring attire. Too serious. Hair blowing all over the place.

Well, it looked like this place needed some livening up. Lucky for it, that was Risen's specialty.

She made herself known with the ruffle of cards, flicking the deck from one hand to the other. "So. Morning, salutations and all that. To get the point - who are you two?"

nothingclever
2010-03-01, 01:51 PM
Mark

Sensing three immortal presences all converging on one point Mark decided to follow them. Mark thought to himself, "Why meet one when I can meet three at the same time?" He appeared in the cloud world above and noticing the three women spoke, "Hello, my name is Mark. I hope I'm not interrupting anything." He further remarked to himself, "This world sure is easy on the eyes."

Eldonauran
2010-03-01, 02:25 PM
(I am unable to see the map due to work restrictions but that won't stop me. I will amend the post later tonight with location on map.)

Awareness comes to Grongor slowly, much like the slow and steady buildup of pressure beneathe the earth that leads to a quake. The quiet solitude of nothingness is broken by the new, yet familiar, sound of water crashing into the dense surface of stone. Grongor opens his eyes and inhales for the first time in an eternity. Moist and crisp air chase away the staleness within his lungs and revitalize his long dormant muscles.

It ... is an odd sensation. One would think that being made of stone would change the way the one's flesh would feel but somehow, the mind adapts and retains its human connections. The sound he makes when he ascends to his feet is true to his changed nature. The grating of stone against stone reassures Grongor that his nature has not changed since the day he became dormant.

Grongor blinks his diamond eyes and takes in the area around him. Ironically, he has taken form in a rather large, vaulted cave open to the sunlight. "How ... appropriate." Grongor murmurs to himself as he studies the stone around him. "A new world, without signs of life. I must take action to stabilize the immediate enviroment."

Reaching out with his will, Grongor forms the bodies of one of his lesser creations.

Race: Stone-eaters
Appearance: These small creatures resemble miniture earth elemental, growing to be no larger than 12 inches high and weighing roughly 150 lbs.
Lifespan: Stone-eaters have no limit on their lifespan. When they run out of food, they become dormant though they are aware of nearby movements of other stone-eaters. Stone-eaters must be within a hivemind linked to Grongor in order to reproduce.
Personality: Stone-eaters are relatively mindless and no more aware than animals, except when connected into a hivemind. This links them with their creator.
Structure: Stone-eaters are usually solitary but will band together in groups of ten when securing a new food source.
Attributes:/[b] Stone-eaters are as durable as the stone they are made. They are not very dextrous or intelligent (+STR, +CON, -DEX, -INT, -WIS, -CHA)
[b]Abilities: Tremorsense and darkvision.
Converts consumed stone in to fertile earth (10:1 ratio)
Hivemind: Singly, can sense presence of nearby Stone-eaters (up to 2 miles). In a groups of ten, can communicate with all Stone-eaters within 100 miles radius. A group of 100 Stone-eaters can link with Grongor to communicate.

Grongor creates 200 of this creatures and sends them out in order to prepare an underground network of caverns with fertile soil. Before they leave, each Stone-eater is given 10 seeds made of ironwood. They are imprinted with the instinct to place one of these seeds within a cavern that has been created and allowed to grow untouched. The seeds will grow into large oak-like trees that bloom contiunously around the year once the tree has reached ten years. These trees serve to light the caverns and allow other things to grow that need sunlight. Each tree produces two seeds a year and these are gathered by the stone-eaters.

After creating these two races, Grongor shapes the cavern he woke into a suitable home. He can sense other workings happening in the world and knows he is not alone. "We shall stay seperate for a time, until things are stable. Then, we shall see how these others fair."

Innis Cabal
2010-03-01, 02:32 PM
Yen stirred in his bed, the sheets damp from sweat and wine, a night terror had struck. They always seemed to. Filled with the cawing of birds and the forlorn twilight expanse. A young girl danced in the snow, its pristine white surface marred by splashs of vermillion. Her beautiful white dress to was like the snow, massive marks in her alabaster skin from some massive beastly attack glinted in the moonlight. Sorrow and terror could be seen in her eyes, and all to soon the moon fell, crushing into the snow, and the black fox, his eyes and ears, fled into the waking world. He slowly licked his lips clean from the saliva that refused to stop drolling out the edges of his mouth. The taste was always fresh, new and unique. But it never satisfied him. Only one meal had ever made him full, and she was gone now.

"Hehehe..."

He blinked slowly, the air around him humming. And when he opened his eyes, he stood outside his bed on two legs. He was dressed finely, as he always was when he took this form. His long orange hair was pulled back into a pony tail, his eyes glowing green into the room, combating the ever burning candles to wash the room is dancing shadows, writhing in pain and pleasure no mortal could ever hope to attain. His robes were well pressed, stately and regal black and gold.

"Here I come, Brother oh Brother..."

He made a dash for the entrance to his grand palace, touching the shore of his island with little difficulty and leaping the expansive bay that seperated his brothers land from his own. And when he landed, the fertile valley's caved under his feet, twisting black and dying. (1 Mote of Energy). The land itself would heal in time, perhaps a mortal lifetime or three, who was to say. But the energy would be his calling card. For the ones he saught knew to well the taste and touch of his energy.

kemmotar
2010-03-01, 03:06 PM
The lady nodded her thanks, not wanting to interrupt as Raia started talking, as she entered deeper into this realm of clouds Kinu following a few steps behind her. She listened intently taking in the breathtaking sights not bothering to conceal her amazement and approval of all she saw and heard.

Your words echo deep within both my body and soul.

She answered but before continuing she was interrupted by a ruffling of cards, turning she saw a young girl shuffling a deck of cards with masterly skill. She did not, however, know what to make of her or her greeting, with a curious and interested look she greeted her.

Good morning, or perhaps I should say good evening. I was just about to introduce myself so allow me to do so properly to both of you. The only name I have ever known was The Lady of Inspiration, though it is not much by way of a name. As you have guessed

she said turning to Raia

I come from a different world, taken from it at the very end of its days. Art and beauty are both my cause and my purpose and the love for both my essence. I long to create a people to carry my will and to help all those who would bring themselves to the service of the arts. And this...

She gestured affectionately towards the fox

is Kinu, though he may not be able to speak we share our thoughts and feelings freely. I know not where he came from but he has become my companion, aid and champion. We both wish to create in this world, to give existence to its potential whatever that may be. This is what drew me here, the subtlety yet solidness of the power that has created this realm in the roof of the world. The emergence of potential into something beautiful in the same way that I hope my own presence will influence the place where I make my home and a refuge for those to come to bring about the natural beauty of a world as yet unformed.

Momentarily she seemed lost in a dream as she remembered the Ivory towers visible from her abode in the last world, the creations of the people of that world and her first contact with art which she so came to love. She then turned her head towards the newcomer.

Kinu thought she was dressed very inappropriately but The Lady reminded him that within what seems a graceless painting may be find the greatest beauty if one has the patience and ability to discern it without being blinded by first impressions.

May I inquire as to your own name and purpose?

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-01, 03:32 PM
Sometime in the morning Hyacinthe washed up on whatever shore the current had carried him to. He vomited up seawater and dug his bare hands into the rocky soil. He'd lost his gloves and the bit of ribbon that kept his hair tied back; it was now tangled and horribly disarranged. He took one begrudging look to the morning sun and after a fit of violent and disturbing laughter he clawed his way out of the tide and up the beach.

Flipping onto his back, he removes a slender silver case from his pocket and from it a long black cigarette. He lights it with a snap of his fingers and it burns slowly, hanging limply from the side of his mouth.

His horrible laughing fit was the culmination of realizing several things at once. First, rather than being drowned, the world has seen fit to deposit him gently on land. Second, he'd discerned that he was incapable of being drowned, or succumbing to the cold. This much he knew already, though he somehow found it funny or disappointing that this continued to be the case.

Thirdly, he sensed a familiar presence rapidly approaching his location. His curved ears twitched and the side of his mouth not holding the cigarette snarled. The universe had a sense of humor and it didn't go unappreciated.

"Something wicked this way comes..."

Innis Cabal
2010-03-01, 05:20 PM
Yen sniffed the air, a cruel grin playing further upon his lips.

"You are here after all....I suppose its early...but lets do a dance of our own."

Yen quickly made his way to the shore where the dripping Immortal lay. As he ran his form slowly fell away, to that of a beautiful raven haired young woman in her prime. Her skin was like ivory, and her voice as beautiful as any gem stone or piece of art.

"Brother!!" She called out, running to embrace him, her ivory ball gown seemingly unmarred from the dirt and grime of the mortal world.

Raz_Fox
2010-03-01, 05:45 PM
Risen's eyebrows rose as the Lady talked about who she was and what she wanted. Was this typical practice, to boast about what your plans for reality itself were, and make a big deal out of them? Something inside said yes. And sighed dramatically as it did so.

As the Lady finished, another deity - another word she just knew and understood - showed up. Tall, intruding type, and the first man she'd ever seen. So, reasonably deciding to save on words, she introduced herself there and then.

"Name's Risen, Ri-sen. Not Ris-en. That's important. I guess you could say I'm in charge of the luck of the draw. And, truth be told..." Risen did a flip, landing and balancing herself on one palm, then gave the three deities before her a wide grin. "I'm just here to have fun. Nothing fancy-like."

She fell back on her feet easily, then pulled out the deck again and began to toy with the cards, letting them dance easily between her fingers. Might as well stand back and let the quiet, boring girl introduce herself.

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-03-01, 06:14 PM
Suedomsa, with Kagu

The huge wyrm made a gesture equivalent to a shrug "I see no reason to be rude to the first being like myself I have seen. And I suppose you are physically more powerful than I." he spoke off-handedly, and took to the sky to follow when Kagu bounded off, and he thought to himself "Stronger perhaps, but wiser obviously not. We shall see who is the more powerful."

Vadin
2010-03-01, 06:21 PM
Kagu, with Suedomsa

Running along the coast, the immortal lion shuddered and shook, his whole form rippling in and out of some half-remembered dream. His conscious mind was unaware of the change, but Kagu's body flickered in and out of what it knew it used to be, of what it had become before the fall from the sky.

The black sheep who was unashamed. The family secret. The eccentric son. The curious explorer. The gentleman adventurer. The one who lived his life.

Music...voices...lights? Lunches with younger brother and sister, parents too embarrassed to visit his tent of dreams and monsters, expeditions with brother to find rare and exotic gifts for sister. Kagu's mind raced back to dark, damp jungles, to wrestling lions and tigers with his bear hands, to treacherous rivers in foreign countries, to training kodiaks with a stern voice in lieu of a whip...then it all gets fuzzy. A murder that she should have seen coming. A newcomer who upset the order. And darkness. Complete and utter darkness. And again the past fades away into a half-remembered dream.

Snapping back to reality, Kagu regained his composure, and the great mane once again surrounded Kagu's leonine face, and the wings of white sprouted from the Hungry Sun's back. He must be coming up on something, or someone, significant enough to stir these memories...

"I apologize for my momentary lapse in thought, Suedomsa. A powerful aura seems to be affecting my mind. Others like ourselves, others with some connection to a forgotten past, must be nearby."

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-03-01, 06:33 PM
Suedomsa

The huge dragon nodded slowly. "I've felt it for awhile. It's been nigh omnipresent for me. I suppose I didn't notice because it was there when I first came up from the earth." That said, the glistening metal dragon began to reach out in search of the odd sensation, but he spoke as he did so. "You speak of a forgotten past, but I do not know that I remember anything being before. All I can recall is my endless slumber in this worlds core. Before, of course, others arose and I was awakened."

nothingclever
2010-03-01, 06:52 PM
Mark

"I came from a world of unceasing war which destroyed itself. I first fought for sport but I eventually picked a side in the conflict and defeated all my opponents becoming the strongest warrior in all the land. Unfortunately I couldn't stop the magic energies released in the struggle from killing the planet. My area of expertise is of course combat. I have no plans yet for this world. I simply want to watch it develop. Making a friend would be nice. Speaking of which, who built this place?" Mark casually observed the orderliness of the clouds.

Grim ranger
2010-03-01, 06:55 PM
A being materialized in the sky above new world. Injured and weak, it could not halt it's decent or hardly even think straight: crippling wounds covering it's large frame were too great. The being was a god.

A god who was plummeting down to new, strange world... and dying.

The memories were still fresh in his mind. That last, decisive battle that was supposed to save the world he had been first brought into. But as all battles with gods involved, it had posed a risk even to one such as him. Now the keeper of balance between life and death had been defeated and thrown out. He had lost utterly.

He would have wept for the fate of his world if he had the strenght to do so. Already the body of once-great god was beginning to dissolve, his power pouring out of his dying body and sending great gout of grey flames behind and around his falling body. Mere fraction of a second before his being broke apart, the god thought one last time.

"So, this is my end. And yet... it is also a beginning."

He ceased to exist, his body and mind breaking in two.

Alphar & Null, crashing into the ground

The two halves of the god turned into pure power and began to be shaped by the remains of old god's soul. One falling figure had suddenly been replaced with two, their bodies covered in white and black flames, respectively.

They were hardly even self-aware before hitting the ground. Two large explosions occurred as the immortal beings crashed into southern tip of central landmass, sending rock and dirt flying all around.

For a long while nothing moved. Then, two hands rose from their respective craters with almost synchronized precicion, and the young immortals dragged themselves up from the broken ground, regarding each other silently.

The two placed their hands on each other's shoulders, and sort of understanding passed between them.

Motes left: 12

Minor artifact: Perfect Amulet. The halves of his ancient relic are carried by the twins, symbolizing their duty as upholders of life and death. The halves also serve as focus for death and life, allowing Alphar and Null greater control over life and death, conferring +1 to their Power.

Raz_Fox
2010-03-01, 07:21 PM
Risen couldn't help it, she had to laugh. He looked so serious! Who dumps all that rot on someone he hasn't known for three minutes? (Never mind that he knew where he was from...)

"Holy exposition, Warman! All that, and all I really know about you is that you can punch things and you want a friend! I guess the Lady here can be excused for her expository speech, because she seems the talky type, but is that the best you can do for a conversation? Boooo-ring!"

Risen sat back, and by pure luck there happened to be a tuft of cloud there just right for her. She had to admit, her job had its perks. "Now, start from the beginning, but this time try being interesting!"

kemmotar
2010-03-01, 07:32 PM
Pleased to make your acquaintance Ri-sen

she said mimicing Risen's voice exactly as she said he name and smiled goodnaturedly with a touch of mischief Nodding first to Risen and then to Mark.

and Mark. And I apologize if I seemed "talky", you can attribute it to my being excited at meeting someone who largely echoed my own thoughts and hopes for this new world.

Kasanip
2010-03-01, 08:02 PM
Raia - A'boring' popular Host

The words of the Lady of Inspiration came with a refined grace and purity that Raia found hard to match. Truly she admirable in her virtues, though Raia did not allow herself the time to wonder what world it was that could spring forth such a being. She opened her mouth and spoke with an easy smile.
"Your words are kind and sweet, like the eastern wind. It would seem by your goal and nature, Lady of Inspiration, that you and I are not so dissimilar in thought." Raia responded with a bow. She nodded politely to Kinu in acknowledgement of the companion.

Suddenly though, Raia turned even as the pink haired, twin tailed young woman appeared before the Lady of Inspiration and herself. A quick appraising glance caused the faint smile on her face to twitch a little, though not out of anger or anything. Maybe the emotion was...amusement? Truly the girl was a character, though Raia wondered privately if the flicking of cards was a nervous habit or not.

"It seems that I am already drawing attention... That is good. And still, a rarer occassion to entertain so many guests as I have here." She said, as Mark 'appeared' among them.

Risen's attitude was a contrast to that of the Lady of Inspiration, or Raia herself, in the seemingly casual and carefree nature of her motions. And yet, it seemed to Raia if it was not so carefree and chaotic, but deliberate. Deliberate perhaps, but not. A difficult person to read- and a source of frustration if such a thing was to be a problem later.
But she was openly friendly and accepting, a trait that Raia could see as being a virtue in itself. Perhaps here in this land of potentiality, such a vigor that she displayed would surely do some good.
"I'm pleased to welcome you then, Risen. I am, as I was just explaining before, Raia. I am here because this place is the one that called to me. Perhaps it is a reflection of something in a past time, or perhaps it is simply the potential of the everything and nothing that surrounds us that drew me here."
Not a complete explanation by any stretch, like the one she had given to the Lady of Inspiration, but perhaps it would suffice for the girl casually flicking cards in her hand while Mark spoke.

He however, drew instant attention from her, as a mere glance at the way he stood told her something. Here was one who perhaps shared something with her in common - maybe even beyond that which the Lady of Inspiration in her dream of potential held.
...But as soon as he opened his mouth, her expectations were surprised and thwarted. How casual and frank he was. Surprisingly trustworthy, yet she could berate herself on such a trait judging at the number gathered here already.
Idly reaching out, Raia took Zanun into her hands and rested it before her, as one would hold perhaps a walking stick. No...this Mark was not of her former existence. His world was not the same, and it was clear in his words and actions that there was a lack of something in him that Raia held deeply important.
But there was a kinship in the trait of battle. The basest form of a competition of strength between two locked in strife. Yet it was not creative, but destructive. Not invoking, but evoking.
"A world destroyed by chaos. that is the flaw of untempered strength. Pride unabated." She said with the smallest of sighs.

Risen had already made for herself a seat, and so Raia formed more for the others, if it was to their fancy. "Perhaps too many words have been said on pasts that carry little meaning here. Yet, we too are shaped by those around. Not as dissimilar to the sky and clouds as we would imagine."

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-01, 08:09 PM
Yen sniffed the air, a cruel grin playing further upon his lips.

"You are here after all....I suppose its early...but lets do a dance of our own."

Yen quickly made his way to the shore where the dripping Immortal lay. As he ran his form slowly fell away, to that of a beautiful raven haired young woman in her prime. Her skin was like ivory, and her voice as beautiful as any gem stone or piece of art.

"Brother!!" She called out, running to embrace him, her ivory ball gown seemingly unmarred from the dirt and grime of the mortal world.

Smoke poured out of his Hyacinthe's nostrils as he made his way to his feet, taking no care to dust off the tiny damp pebbles that clung to his clothing like barnacles. This same cigarette still hung precariously from the side of his mouth; it gave off a curious odor, a blend of cinnamon and cloves.

Shoving both hands into his side pockets he shifts his weight. Despite the salty matted hair still clinging to his face and the dirty drenched apparel he seems curiously composed. The disproportionately small bat wings sprouting from his back flap once. His green eyes lock on the approaching figure.

He begins slowly, "You have an unmistakable smell. You know that, don't you? It's like trying to disguise the odor of a rotting pig corpse in the salon by drenching it with perfume."

He shifts his weight to the other food and grimaces uncomfortably. Anyone could tell that Yen's presence wore on him, pained him.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-01, 08:18 PM
Yen skids slowly to a halt, exploding in vile acrid smoke the color of blood and soot. When it clears, he appears as he did the first time the Immortals met, thin and weak, starving and covered in tattered clothing the color and depth of Shadow, yet his green eyes burned in the twilight, the sound of waves covering the lightest of his laughter.

"Dear me....don't you look like a drowned rat. What are you doing here? And your brother to....did you come looking for me? Or...did you miss me..."

He grinned, his breath the scent of a hundred long nights with the same woman, fetid and clinging to the air itself. He slowly starts to circle the other Immortal, his eyes narrow slits as he tries to judge a good distance out of reach.

"Your travels have left you a little wet. Do you want a towel? I can get you one from my palace. If you'll come with me for the night."

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-01, 08:30 PM
"Ah, yes. A generous offer, to be sure. But, uh...but, I've already come by accommodations for the evening. You see?"

He gestures to the pristine expanse of coastline about them with arms outstretched and a full spin.

"Sea side view and the price was very reasonable. The goodly old mother who runs the place saw fit to put me up here." He points downward to the coarse sand.

"Lousy neighbors though. Unsavory folk. Slit your throat for a pinch of lucre. You know the sort... cigarette?"

It appeared on his fingertips with a minor feat of legerdemain, no magic needed. Then with a flick from his index finger it went spinning toward Yen.

Again his weight shifted and he began nervously grinding his toe into the earth.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-01, 08:41 PM
Yen catchs the cigarette, laughing.

"Silly you...you know I don't touch the stuff. It can kill you."

He lets the thing drop from his fingers as if it were naught but trash. He glances around the shore, shaking his head.

"Really...you should come to my home. We're family after all...what is family for if we can't help one another out? We could talk over oh so many things...When was the last time we had a pleasent family gathering hmmm? I think perhaps it was at the Ball? Yes...I think thats how long it was. You've been so cold to me ever after. It hurts me here."

Yen taps his heart, his form slowly shifting to a small black fox, his ten tails lashing about as the ever present poison drool seeps from his maw. Flecks of it touch the ground as he speaks, the sand turning to pitted glass under its presence, black and tinted.

"You wouldn't even hug me...your such a cruel brother...I see you to are unarmed...you think thats so wise in unfamiliar land? There are others here. Others not like me. Or you, or the Eldest...why, someone else could come and snap you up. And I'd be oh so very sad."

nothingclever
2010-03-01, 09:08 PM
Mark

Mark turned his head slightly towards Risen. "I'm sorry that I bored you. I just thought I'd be a little more detailed with my introduction." He was unfazed by her words. His face was expressionless and his voice was monotone. He then focused on Raia. "It would sound better if someone else said this on my behalf but I assure you I'm not just some prideful brute. I think that combat can be considered an art in its own way. Can you not find beauty in the perfection of oneself? I polish my technique daily and try to reach new heights of physical and mental prowess the same way an artist forever aims to improve upon his work and outdo himself. I do take some pride in my skills but I believe I am forever a student in my trade because there will always be someone somewhere that surpasses me and there is always something more to learn. I do not fight for personal gain beyond the satisfaction I get from bettering myself in the process. I also believe in many forms of power." He spoke with a bit of enthusiasm this time. He only took a seat if Raia would do the same.

Kasanip
2010-03-01, 09:44 PM
Raia

Raia sat, though she lay Zanun upon her lap as she regarded her guests. Her gaze fell upon Mark as he responded.
"Beauty in perfection of oneself is the beauty of commanding the skill of one's own. Strength guided by skill is certainly a high virtue...But it is without aim.
Betterment of self is a selfish goal and end." She tilted her head slightly. Indeed, the more the immortal spoke, the greater the differences between them appeared to Raia."Your target...your goal is a target always moving away. Turning inwards you have gained great focus. But that focus is not commanded by a target. Strength for strength alone is no virtue. Strength with purpose, strength with guidance, strength with meaning."

Raz_Fox
2010-03-01, 10:27 PM
Risen shrugged her shoulders as the Lady apologized for being talky. "Hey, it's only natural. No need to apologize for being what you are, right? I mean, I talk all the time when I'm excited, even though I don't have as many nice words as you do. But I guess with your job, your words would have to be beautiful, you know."

Then, Raia and Mark started talking about strength. Risen tried to sit through it, she really did. But she couldn't keep quiet. Someone who just sat quietly and was polite wouldn't be Risen. So of course she had to butt in.

"...Weeee're in a new world, with a bunch of nigh-omnipotent strangers all around, and philosophy is the first thing that comes to mind? Really? Amazing.

Anyway. If I were the kind of person who got into discussions like this, I'd say that true strength is the ability to chose your own path in life. But I'm not, so... yay."

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-01, 10:28 PM
Hyacinthe spits out his cigarette and slowly extracts his right hand from his pocket to wag a finger at Yen.

"Unarmed as far as you know. No one's going to get the drop on old Hyacinthe. I keep my wits about me. I'm a big boy and I think I can take care of myself. I'm not likely to be taken off........."

hi-mi-tsu
2010-03-01, 10:28 PM
Areine

"No! This is it, do you hear me?!? Your reign over me, over this world, is over!" The earth shook beneath her; now, in her freedom, her 'master' was finally afraid. Good. Let him feel the terror of his entire world crumbling around him! Revolt and anarchy, and she, strong and beautiful and free at last--

And then the world opened up beneath her feet, and she was swallowed whole.

I'm falling, came the thought; her eyes were closed, still, but she could feel the air rushing past her. Opening them was no relief; the ground was rising up to meet her at a most alarming rate, and she would rather not see when she struck it. So her eyes closed again, and inside her mind she braced herself for the fall. Well. The part of her mind that could brace itself, considering most of her was mentally gibbering in terror; what was this? Some cruel joke? Was it all a dream, a new form of torture, where was she, what was going o--

Splat.

She was a tangle of limbs and hair, disheveled and afraid and beautiful...and she'd landed not on rocks nor sand but...on someone...and if she could just get her legs underneath her she'd get off them but the falling seemed to have jarred her more than she thought.

"I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Finally, finally her legs worked, and she lifted herself up, scurrying backwards and making herself as small as possible--no easy task, when you're about eight feet tall and comprised mostly of gigantic spider abdomen...

"Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry!"

God this world was bright, after the greyness of the chamber she'd been in; how long had it been, since she'd seen any sun at all? What exposed skin she had practically glowed, and her first instinct was to burrow deep into the earth...but she couldn't, not yet. She had to make sure that the man she'd fallen on was all right...

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-01, 10:33 PM
"...........guard."

Hyacinthe's eyes swirl around independently of each other in a vain attempt to focus from his prone position half burried in the sand.

hi-mi-tsu
2010-03-01, 10:40 PM
"...H-hello...?" She approaches the prone form, bending low over him; her hair hangs down practically to the sand, brushing over the back of Hyacinthe's neck and head.

"Oh...please get up, please, I'm sorry, I didn't really have control of where I was falling and anyways I don't know why I was in the first place and I--" She cuts herself off, worrying lightly at her lower lip; fangs gleam, for a brief instant, as she reaches out to hesitantly touch the prone figure.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-01, 10:43 PM
Yen bursts out laughing.

"OH DEAR!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Are you ok!?"

Yen leaps back from the fallen Immortal, grinning wider.

"And who are you, my lovely dear?"

Kasanip
2010-03-01, 10:46 PM
Raia

Raia offered a light laugh, though it seemed to echo through the clouds and was magnified over in the distance.
"My apologies Risen. I must admit this is my first time hosting such a group as this... and my one excuse is that the concept of Strength resounds vibrantly within me. But excuses aside: Perhaps this is as good a time as any to make such an offer as a host should." She stood, holding Zanun at her side.
"There is undoubtedly much that lies before us in the time ahead. Yet, I would make to you the offer that each of you are welcome to visit here, should you wish to borrow my strength, or simply discuss 'philosophy' as it were." She spread her arms openly in a welcoming gesture.

nothingclever
2010-03-01, 11:01 PM
Mark

"Thank you for the offer. I know exactly what you mean and I agree with you. I think you are quite wise. I am looking for a purpose to fulfill with my abilities. I do not plan to create anything to govern over though. Instead I would rather protect and preserve something not of my own, perhaps you and your creations." Mark really didn't like how this exchange had gone so far. He wished they wouldn't be at odds when she spoke the same thoughts he had time and time again. Risen and The Lady seemed alright but Raia's words meant the most to him.

Vadin
2010-03-01, 11:11 PM
Kagu and Suedomsa

Kagu, in full control of his humanoid form, motions for the great wyrm to follow him. "Come, we'll meet them together on the off chance they're less than amicable."

As he crested the hill that separated his view from the sea, he heard their voices.

"and anyways I don't know why I was in the first place and I--"

"OH DEAR!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"

That voice! Kagu knew that voice. Calm, I must remain calm. Best not let on how excited I am.

Casually, Kagu strolled up to his brothers and gave a hearty wave. "Hello there, brothers! It's been too long, much too long. You're doing well, I trust? This is Suedomsa, a powerful ally to our dynasty.

"That's right, oh brothers my brothers, our dynasty. We've been given an amazing opportunity, brothers! Some great power has elevated us to levels we once dreamed about, and opened up a bold new world, ours for the taking! But I'm babbling, tell me, tell me, Hyancinthe- doing well? And Yen, you haven't changed too much, I hope? Oh! And you, what's your story, Madam Arachnid?"

Innis Cabal
2010-03-01, 11:15 PM
Yen tried to stifle his hysterical laughter, slowly trying to draw himself back to a humaniod form.

"Ah...and here we all are. Of course I'm unchanged, what better person is there to be but me? No one of course. And you? Your looking as "impressive" as ever Brother dear. Do tell me, does your younger brother not look the model of a wet dog this evening?"

Yen grins cruelly as he finally finishs his illusion, his eyes focused on the new comer.

"And we've a guest."

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-01, 11:19 PM
Yen and Hyacinthe joined by Areine

Mumbled into the sand "Touché, universe. Touché."

He sheepishly picks himself up to a sitting position and crawls crab-style away from Areine to have a better look at her. Also...because a spinder-girl-monster thing totally just flattened him and that's the sort of thing you crawl away from on principle. He's either red from being nearly crushed or from the mocking laughter.

Smoothing his hair back (as best he's able considering it's caked with salt and sand) he takes a moment to look Areine over with a quirked brow and a half smile; forgeting he's meters away from his mortal enemy.

And upon hearing Yen speak and try to make nice... "New Girl... Slimey Evil Bastard. Slimey Evil Bastard... New Girl"

[Edit]

...now joined by Kagu.

"That THING is not my brother!" Snarl.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-01, 11:26 PM
"I am -NOT- slimey! Take that back this instant or we'll have to have much longer discourses in the future you and I!! I am the very model of clean and manicured. Would you expect anything -less- from me?!"

Yen huffs loudly, turning his back on the pair to face Kagu and his newly found friend.

"Do you hear this -slander- on my good name? And in front of such a lovely young lady. I think he's trying to poison the pool of our new found friends before we even get to know one another. Thats...so rude."

Edit:

Yen then whirls around to face Hyacinthe, his face a mask of barely contained spitefull glee.

"How -cold-. How very very cold brother. And all I ever wanted was your affection. How can you say that to me? Who tried so -very- hard to see you from the shadows?"

hi-mi-tsu
2010-03-01, 11:35 PM
Areine, Hyacinthe, Yen, Kagu, Suedomsa, on the beach

"...Areine." A pause; blue eyes the color of the sky just before the sun sets flicker around the small circle. Apparently, several were related, including the one she'd fallen on...

"My name. It's Areine. I'd say it was nice to meet you, except for that it doesn't seem to be very pleasant circumstances..." She smiles, weakly, that hint of fang peeking through once more as she turns to face Hyacinthe.

"I'm sorry for falling on you, really..."

For now, the others are ignored; they have no bearing on her whatsoever, and she doesn't like the way the foxy one smells. Almost...toxic...

Vadin
2010-03-02, 12:05 AM
Kagu, Areine, Hyacinthe, Yen, Suedomsa, on the beach

Kagu breathes a heavy sigh. Just like old times...

"Now, now, brothers, we can be civil with each other. Yen might not have the cleanest past, but he is one of us, Hyacinthe. Me and my brother against my cousin, me and my cousin against the world. So it always was, so it will be here." Kagu closes with a low, cautionary growl. "Are we in agreement?" A jaw full of sharp teeth is brought to bear in a wide smile directed at Areine. "Ah! Areine, what a pretty name. It's soft, yet sharp. Subtle, yet strong. I think we'll get along quite well!

"But look at all of us standing around awkwardly when we could be sharing our stories in comfort. Yen, fashion a table and some seats for those of us who are able, won't you?"

A half-dozen or so lions had drifted in from the nearby savanna, curious about the assemblage of strange monsters.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-02, 12:09 AM
"Oh yes, I'm sure I could do that..."

Yen flicks a hand, a massive table of obsidian forming in the grass lands, chairs of satin and ebony sitting just away from the edge enough to be sat in comfortably. A large pavilion grows under the assembled Immortal's feet, a gentle perfume laden scent filling the air, wafted from an array of delicate unearthly flowers.

"Will this do? Brother dear? Allow me to help you to your seat my sopping bedragled brother..."

Yen slowly inchs towards Hyacinthe, trying to pull him to one of the lavish chairs, grinning all to happily.

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-02, 03:37 AM
Sideways glare "...touch me and I carve out your heart with a inordinately dull spoon."

Hyacinthe helps himself to his feet with a flap of his tiny wings and begins to dust himself off with a token use of magic. In general, he eschewed the use of his powers for such trivial things, believing it made him unduly lazy, but there were two new faces among them so he ought look presentable.

He shares an aside with Areine while tidying up.

"I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure there are worse ways to meet people. Eh... it's Hyacinthe, by the way, like my brother said - enchanté. Mmmm... the ostentatious one is my brother. And that's the monster who killed my sister... no relation."

Clean, dry and with hair once again tied back with a blue ribbon he takes a seat opposite Yen and gestures for Areine to at least stand nearby. He was at once taken by the ridiculous thought that he may in fact be the most normal person present (excepting the bat wings, of course).

kemmotar
2010-03-02, 09:24 AM
The colour of The Lady's eyes darkened imperceptibly as the exchange between the three gods continued and spoke only when Mark finished his last comment. Her voice sounded distant as if coming from a place deep inside her memories, her eyes had darkened considerably when she spoke up.

Skill is merely art's vessel, nothing more. Art is a labour of the heart and soul and skill the medium. Perfection of skill alone will pull you from art and from beauty for without love and hate, without something to protect and to hope for there is no art. The art of combat is not merely a perfection skill, without love and soul such an art can only bring senseless battle and combat for the sake of combat, it can only bring misery and the destruction of all that is beautiful. It is a path strewn with enemies alone and should that be your path of choice you may count me among them for you will eventually turn on all around you for the sake of your skill.

Her eyes turned into black holes as she almost spat the words skill and perfection as if afraid she would be tainted if she held them on her lips a second longer..

If you wish to create nothing of your own, but only to protect the creations of others, your soul will be truly part of none of it and your art will be empty and while you only seek skill forever shall you be as a student who cannot see the true extent of what he seeks. I may not have the strength for combat nor much knowledge of it, but all art is the same in its essence and I have witnessed the fall of one of the greatest, one who possessed perfection and unparalleled skill. And yet I witnessed his fall for his skill was empty, in his perfection his creations were lacking. Love or hate, is your choice, as is creation or destruction, for in all of them beauty can be found. And so I hope for you, sincerely, to never attain perfection but instead to find the truth of your own art and through it I hope you will find beauty in all your endeavours.

One more she paused as Kinu brought his head close to The Lady's face, as if to comfort her of some unknown pain, his wet eyes looking straight into her as she turned her head to face him, wordless feelings and thoughts sparked between them, an indescribable closeness. When she turned her eyes back to Mark their colour was its original light violet.

Should you wish to follow art's path, you will forever find a friend and ally in me. What little aid I can offer will be yours.

nothingclever
2010-03-02, 10:13 AM
Mark

Mark simply waited for Raia's response while preparing himself for whatever Risen would say. Geez, I didn't come here for a lecture. Note to self, never mention art around The Lady and don't say anything to Risen unless you've got a good reason. The immortal let out a massive mental sigh but stopped himself from doing so physically because he didn't want to offend anyone despite all the preaching.

Kasanip
2010-03-02, 10:26 AM
Raia

As Mark finished his remark, Raia's eyebrows raised slightly, though outright surprise failed to register on her face. Truly this one named Mark was different in many ways. No plan to create anything? How sad and lonely- an existence forever in search of meaning. But that was his chosen path, and perhaps a wise one for a master of combat. She bowed her head slightly in response to his words and offer, but the Lady of Inspiration spoke before she could open her mouth.
She waited patiently as the Lady spoke words of art and wisdom, and the faint smile on Raia's face belayed only a faint amusment at the words. Truly Art, Technique, and Strength were all connected.

Raia turned her head to look at Risen.

And then there was fortune. Perhaps a warrior who focused only on his self-pursuits, or even, Raia would venture to guess, the Lady of Inspiration herself would not regard too highly the element of fortune. And yet fortune was something that could be molded intricately. It had meaning and a respectable power for any archer. Wrestling and fighting to force the element of lightning alone to submit was a task in which fortune surely played a hand at times, and as unpredictable as anything can be. And yet...Raia sensed a certain faint, growing unease spreading throughout her guests- like a storm beginning to build on the horizon. Though she desired Risen's words and thoughts, perhaps it was a discussion better abated for now.

Raia folded her hands in front of her.
"Truly wise words spoken. Perhaps now is a chance to put such discussion behind us for a while. I do fear there is much work yet to be done, yet as my guests, it would not be proper except to extend the invitation to dine again, perhaps at a later time?"

nothingclever
2010-03-02, 11:02 AM
Mark

"I take that to mean you wish to bring this meeting to an end. I don't want to seem overbearing and overstay my welcome but I ask that you let me stay here and watch you and your creations for a while. Both are very beautiful and pleasing to me. I'm interested in what you'll make next." Mark had little to say. He really just wanted to continue to be in the presence of another like himself. His voice sounded very sincere and earnest yet subdued. He gazed intently at Raia as if longing for approval.

hi-mi-tsu
2010-03-02, 12:53 PM
Areine et al, wherever it is they are...

With a grace belying her size, the half-spider lowered herself to the sand next to Hyacinthe, artfully folding her legs in such a way that they didn't get tangled up again. Once more, her eyes roved around the circle; there were a few interesting additions to the group, now that she had time to focus, and was less panicked. This...leonine fellow had complimented her name, but he was loud and brash and overwhelming, and made her want to fling up her hands and hide. The other...what was his name? Suedomsa, yes...he echoed strength as well. The one she'd fallen on seemed more...normal than the rest, but there was...something...

And the one with the cackle and the over-wide smile, she didn't trust him at all. He smelled of poison; after being around it for so long, she recognized it, innately. He was...

Toxic.

Still, best not to offend anyone who might be a potential ally, and so the smile she gave was to the circle at large, as she tucked her hair behind her ears.

"So...where are we?"

Innis Cabal
2010-03-02, 01:22 PM
Yen giggles softly, quickly moving back from Hyacinthe, his hands held up defensively. He makes a soft barking noise as he continues to step back away from the slowly recomposing Immortal, taking a seat directly across from him.

“You’re always so cruel…brother.”

Yen’s eyes glint softly as he looks at the two new “guests”, the lizard…thing and of course the source of greatest amusement, the spider woman. His gaze settles on the bedraggled woman, his grin slowly subduing itself.

“I believe our brother can tell us. But truly, how did such a lovely young lady come to such a…miserable and wet place? This is honestly no proper place for a young and pretty thing like you. Don’t listen to this…oaf, he’s slightly bitter is all. You know how it is, nobles and the like. They just don’t like new blood entering their esteemed House. Perhaps you would like to come back to my palace, it’s a far more fitting place for a rare beauty like yourself.”

Ipphli
2010-03-02, 01:22 PM
Nootau

"IT WAS MY DUTY! IT WAS JUSTICE!" he bellowed as he was cast down. Stripped of his raiment and power, all he could do was shake his fist in futile fury at his oppressors. He wept as he realized his last sight would be of his home soaring further and further above him until it was lost to even his sight.

So it was that Nootau failed to realize that he'd been whisked away to...somewhere. The feelings, the sights, it all seemed the same. It took him several minutes before Nootau noticed the differences: his raiment had reappeared, as if it'd never been taken; he felt powerful once more; and the lush green field below him wasn't the hell his brethern had cast him down towards.

At the last moment Nootau managed to pump his wings and right himself. He land in a crouch upon the ground, wings spread for balance. Standing, the angelic being looked around at this new land. "Not anywhere I'm familiar with, at least. So where..." His words died off as the memories and knowledge of what had happened came to the fore in his mind.

Shaking his head, Nootau frowned as he folded his arms across his chest, taking in the view before him. "No. Too flat."
He waves one hand through the air, as though scooping something up. A large earthquake begins as the land seems to bubble, before erupting into a mountain range the length of the land.

Nodding in satisfaction of his work, the angel turned and stared off into the distance. "I wonder...Others perhaps? Them?" His face darkens as the thought of his oppressors being here as well enters his mind. With a flap of his wings, Nootau takes to the air, seeking to find out if he'd been followed here.

Motes: 12
Create mountain range on the island in the top right corner of the map.

hi-mi-tsu
2010-03-02, 01:39 PM
Areine, to Yen

This time, her smile bears more than a hint of fang; her fangs are fully in evidence as she turns to the wolfish Immortal.

"Flattery will get you very nearly everywhere, my good sir, but I am disinclined to entertain your invitation. For one, palace though it may be, how could a place built for one such as yourself accommodate a creature of my size and carriage? For another, I find that all of the interesting things are happening here, and would be loath to leave and miss something that could be vitally important. Perhaps a raincheck, once I figure out where it is I am and get myself situated? After that, a social call may be in order."

Tilting her head, she gazes at the loud one, eyes flickering curiously. "Now. Mayhap I missed it, but your name is...?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-03-02, 04:09 PM
Suedomsa, et all

The dragon watched as the brothers were reunited, and quickly began to ignore him. As they chattered, he heard the spider woman speak, and heard her question. And he knew the answer "I am Suedomsa, and as to where you are, I believe I have the answer to that. You, and all you brothers, are on my world. It has not been named so long as I can recall, for it has never needed such, but my world it is for I was born of this worlds own core, it's heart given life and form."

Innis Cabal
2010-03-02, 05:52 PM
"What an interesting thing you've found, Kagu!! Truely, leave it to you to find the bester entertainment. Though, you missed the opening piece. You'd have had a laugh seeing a beauty fall on this unkempt young man."

Yen shrugs slightly.

"Are you saying that in truth, you are the very core of this world? The very embodyment of what we now all presently dwell on? That is most...wonderous. How did you come by being born I wonder...the will of this World acts in bizarre ways it seems...or perhaps your just a mite misguided? I think, that might be the reality of this in truth. We always see what we want to see, after all."

He then swivels his head to the young spider lady.

"My palace is built to accomidate anyone and anything that desires entrance. This is no small task, but only the best can be given to my guests. You'll have to come home with me when we're done here. You'll be in wonder of what you can find there."

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-03-02, 06:50 PM
Suedomsa, et al

The huge dragon-god loomed over the Fox, magma dripping from beneath his fangs, quickly becoming lava as it exited his body, his half rocky, half metallic scales reflecting the glow of his own molten blood. "If you think it is I who is misguided, you must surely be fooling yourself to see only what YOU wish to see. I was born of this worlds fiery heart, and you are all merely newcomers to this place. It was only because of your intrusions that I stirred from my eternal slumber at the center of the world, but I have shown you no ill will..." As he spoke, Suedomsa lowered his huge head dangerously close to Yens body, the heat from his body and the dripping magma from his mouth threatening to singe the already black fur of the fox-lord. "... Do not give me cause to reconsider my position." Though all his words were spoken in the echoing boom and grinding voice that sounded like an ongoing earthquake given language, but this last was far more reminiscent of the ominous rumbling of an active volcano.

Vadin
2010-03-02, 06:51 PM
Kagu gave a hearty laugh. "Well it seems that everyone else has presented themselves!" He motions to each immortal as he names them, as if to clarify just who everyone is for his own benefit as much as anyone else's.

"Hyacinthe, my usually charming and frequently clever younger brother with a taste for gossip. Secrets have always found their way into his ears.

"Yen, the shadow that assumed our dear sister Lady Raven's place when she fell, and who, while perhaps coming off a bit questionable, is nothing if not polite.

"Suedomsa, great wyrm hatched in the world's core. As for that name of this bold new world business, I've only got to say that this island we sit on now, where the lions and gazelle run wild, is named Sakan. 'Paradise.'

"The lovely Areine. As polite as Yen and, if those fangs are any indicator, perhaps equally as toxic.

"I'm Kagu, and the sun in the sky is the legacy of my rebirth here as the first immortal. I fell from the void and lit the heavens. Whoever or whatever brought us here saw it fit to give me the honor of being the first and gave us this continent on which to meet and create and flourish. As such, I feel duty-bound to see to it that this land be treated with the respect it deserves. Use the lesser islands if we must scratch and fight amongst ourselves, but let's keep Sakan and the Obsidian Table a place of discussion and mediation. Now, oh brothers my brothers and the spider and the dragon, do you not agree that it would benefit us all and all our creations that this be our destination if we have ferocious quarrel with another?"

While speaking aloud, Kagu had been carving into the table. The terms of agreement were etched into the table's obsidian surface: No immortals shall make direct assault on one another on, above, or below the surface of Sakan, and shall instead bring their conflict to the Obsidian Table where it will be discussed in civil terms or they shall take their fight elsewhere.

Kagu knew that this might seem a bit forward and presumptuous of him, but he knew his brother and he knew Yen- both were quick to let loose their razor tongues and it was very likely that their wit would land them in hot water.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-02, 07:01 PM
Yen covers his mouth as the great flaming lizard looms closer.

"Yeeesh, a mint, if you would fair firey one? Your breath is rumpling my new robes, and that would be terrible with such company. I am, after all, in the presence of so many great and wonderous people. Do "sit" back down and keep to your space."

He reachs a hand up, adjusting his hair as he starts to sweat.

"No ill will has been provided your way I assure you, we're all gentleman and one stunning lady. We carry ourselves with much more grace then some brutish oaf you see? I think Lord Kagu's idea is grand, fighting would be more terrible. Wouldn't you agree Brother Dear?"

Yen eyes dart across the table, a feral grin aimed for one man in particular.

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-02, 08:17 PM
Sakan Meeting

Hyacinthe lights a pair of cigarettes on the passing enormity of Suedomsa and offers one to Areine.

He'd been listening politely to Kagu, then nodding in Yen's direction he mutters "You mean, should I want to kill Yen, you want me to politely relocate to some other landmass before I cut his head off? Murdering him isn't the issue, but getting his blood on his soil is?"

After a long drag from his cigarette he wrinkles his nose and shoots his eyes in Kagu's direction again.

"I thought you were all about struggle and power. Why do you want to create a neutral ground?"

Innis Cabal
2010-03-02, 09:00 PM
"Isn't it obvious? If we're busy struggling between the five of us, then what other people live in this world will take us down one by one. Where as if we work at least even a little together, we stand a better chance of comming out ahead, and killing all the others who are foolish enough to tangle with us. Come now Brother Dear, use the brain Mother gave you."

Yen reclines in his chair, glancing to the other immortals.

"Its rather self serving when you really think about it. He's cutting down the competition where it starts, and comming out more powerful. Quite sly wouldn't you agree?"

Kasanip
2010-03-02, 09:08 PM
Raia

The frankness of Mark's comment caused Raia's smile to flicker, though that moment passes as she reads the earnestness in Mark's voice.
"There is much to do still of course. Whether you or the Lady of Inspiration, or Risen wishes to stay here, I do not mind. None of you have caused offence to me, and as a host it would be improper to drive you off. Neither though do I bind on you to stay here longer than you will."

She turned, holding her bow and pulling in a ritual motion, as if drawing an arrow from the sky. The air shimmered and crackled, and began to scream as blue and white lightning formed and leaped about, even as she hold it firmly and gave it form. She held it to the bow and pulled, all while the lighting howled and bucked, as if to break free, but Raia showed no signs of strain in the least, and with a piercing look of her eyes, she released the string, and the bolt of lighting gave a wailing, booming cry, as it slammed into the tallest cloud-structure of Kumozuka. With a crackling light, the lightning swept about the clouds and gave it form - a giant thunderstorm head molded as a Keep. A great hall. A fortification. A sanctuary.

Satisfied, she turned back to the group.

Acts

8 motes
-1 mote Create Ikatouge- the Cloud Castle of Raia. A fortification and visible symbol of Raia's domain. Ikatouge is a visible banner in the distant sky- the crest and high point of a thunderstorm cloud. The color is purest of whites- not marred by the blues or blacks of Kumozuka. It is her Sanctuary, and from it's white towers she can see clearly the world below.

7 motes remaining

kemmotar
2010-03-02, 09:11 PM
A beautiful creation, may it stand long and proud. However, it seems you have work to do and I would not like to intrude. My spirit is revitalised and I ache to begin my own work. I would like to extend an open invitation to all of you, should you ever wish to visit. I will then excuse myself. Thank you for your hospitality, it was a pleasure meeting you all and I hope I will see you before long. Until then, I wish you luck in your endeavours.

The Lady bowed low, and smiled, genuinely pleased at having met Raia. Her feline face seemed calm and serene, but gears had been set in motion as her mind worked furiously, laying plans and blueprints for a great city.

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-03-02, 09:11 PM
Suedomsa, et al

The towering figure looks down and realizes his size could become cumbersome in the immediate future. Shrinking down, he took a humanoid form. He wore a great red robe, which concealed his every feature. His face was hidden by omnipresent shadows in the robes hood, though two fiery lights blazed forth. When he extended his hand past the robe, he appeared to be wearing armor of some unidentified metal, which seemed to be crafted in the image of a dragons claw, the metal had cracks and fissures, through which molten metal glowed and would sometimes flow. "What would I gain by binding myself to this pact that would outweigh the ability to act as I ought in the worlds own interest when needs be." after saying this, the robes hood turned toward Yen "I need not compete with any of you. This world is my rightful home and place of birth, to which I am it's ward. You may claim certain areas under your influence, but I can claim the whole of the world as mine."

Vadin
2010-03-02, 10:38 PM
Kagu and co., the Obsidian Table

"Yen's got it, Hyacinthe. A neutral ground ostensibly under our control gives us some inherent power over whoever else shares this world. And they're out there, brother. Surely you feel them? The lesser gods, waiting to be exploited and devoured..." Kagu licked his lips, "Surely our joining together in a loose compact ought to ward off any massed attacks one of us might receive for some uncouth behaviors.

"Suedomsa, if striking down another god on this sacred land of your ascension would truly be what the world required of you, then you would likely have our support. After all, me and my brother against my cousin, me and my cousin against the world. And this is an offer to be a cousin, great dragon. When the lesser gods come knocking and defile the world, would you rather stand against them alone, or with we the powerful?"

The immortal lion held his hand over the table and, with a quick slash of a razor claw, a drop of his divine blood spilled onto the table. His obsidian seat grew more throne-like, and veins of luminescent amber streaked the stone. He knew not the consequences of breaking such a blood pact, and hoped firmly he wouldn't have to learn.

nothingclever
2010-03-02, 10:51 PM
Mark

Mark suddenly smiled brightly at Raia's response. It was the first significant change in expression he had made since their meeting. "Thank you for your great hospitality." He then addressed The Lady, "I wish you good fortune as well." Mark's body abruptly began to glow with white light for a moment rather anticlimactically as he used his divine reserves to strengthen himself.

Mark has just spent 9 motes to increase his divine rank by 1.
His artifact which is his right hand lowers the cost of force leveling by 1.
He now has 3 motes remaining.
Divine Rank: 2
Power: 7
Potence: 1
Presence: 1
Perception: 1

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-03, 12:13 AM
Hyacinthe snorts out a puff of smoke through his nostrils. He waggles his cigarette in Kagu's direction and his face contorts and his mouth hangs open as if he had something snide to say. But he is suddenly struck dumb or thinks better of it and stuffs the cigarette back into his mouth. Tilting his head back (either out of exasperation, boredom or a sudden fascination with the sky) he amuses himself by blowing out bat shaped clouds of smoke. Instead of dispersing on the wind, they soon condense into real (if confused and slightly perturbed) bats who chatter and fly away in search of a hiding place.

"Fine. I'll murder Yen elsewhere. Like... fifty feet from here. Seriously, I could just drag him out into the tide and hold his head under until the bubbles stop."

He narrows his eyes at Kagu and leans forward

"No personally attacking each other on this continent, hein?"

With a sign of affirmation from Kagu he fires a green bolt of lightning into the sand beside his chair then extracts a slender glass dagger. He averts his eyes and grimaces while gingerly pricking his open left palm. The single drop of blue blood falls into the etched pathways on the table.

hi-mi-tsu
2010-03-03, 01:24 AM
Areine et al

The half-spider goddess is silent, for a while; startled by the "gift" of the cigarette, she takes it with a murmur of thanks, then examines it for a moment, sniffing cautiously at the lit stick. It smells...interesting...different. A cautious inhale results in a sound of pleasure as the smooth smoke enters her lungs; it tastes just as good as it smells!

Another contemplative inhale, and the goddess glances over at Yen, her smile smaller, a little colder. "Once again, no thank you. Perhaps when I am established and have a home of my own, then I will visit yours. Not before."

Those dark eyes focus on Kagu, next, listening intently to the leonine god's speech; a lot of what he said made sense, and she was never one to make war on others.

"I'm perfectly amenable to this idea of peace. I had no plans to make war anyway; if I were to wish to conquer someone else, I would do so in a more...civilized manner." Reaching over, she gently plucks the dagger from Hyacinthe's hand and, biting her lip, pricks her own finger; even that small dart of pain resonates with memories of greater pain, unavoidable pain, and she looks away as her blood mingles with the other god's on the table.

Raz_Fox
2010-03-03, 10:15 AM
Risen's grin grew wider, like a cat that's seen a rather plump mouse, as she rose and winked at the leaving deities. "Good, bad... may your luck be interesting. I know mine will. Have fun, and be watching for me. I'll be back."

Risen stepped back - well, into the hole that Raia and the Lady had been looking down. Her luck was always extreme, wasn't it? She teetered on the edge for a moment, then with a yelp fell.

It took her several moments of flapping arms and squeezing her eyes tight before she remembered about the flight. Oh, yeah. With but a thought, she righted herself and reclined in midair, floating gently back to Fortune.

She gave a little wave to Raia as she vanished into the clouds. Well, that had been fun. Would do so again. Ah, what was she saying? She will do that again!

-------------------------------------

You know what Fate is? Fate is what binds the world together, from the strong to the weak, deciding what's going to happen. Fate is the enemy of freedom, for it demands whatever it wills while allowing no dissent. Fate is chains, fate binds everyone. Almost everyone.

Luck... is different. Luck is random, luck is freedom, luck is choice. It's a raging force of nature, wild and free and touching your life not by choice but by accident. Sure, it might seem to entangle just as much as Fate, but your luck is your own to make, you know?

Luck confuses Fate, just like the peasant hero confuses the tyrant. Luck is capricious, luck gives and luck takes, but it never commands, never controls. It holds the universe together, because isn't it lucky for us that the universe doesn't collapse around our ears?

Risen sat, listening to the sweet river running beneath her. Luck was like a river. Always moving, never stopping, sweeping people along and freeing them from the drudgery of being stuck in Fate. Sure, sometimes it was scary, but it was also their chance to be free, to do great things.

She could feel it, moving all around her, the currents of providence and ill chance, happiness and sorrow in equal measure. And the cards held it all together, she could tell. They sang in her hands, telling her what was happening even when she wasn't looking so deeply into the sea of luck.

She could feel it, in her eyes, in her fingers. All she needed to manipulate the currents was a twitch, a wink, a whispered blessing or a muttered curse. She wouldn't always be right, because everything's luck was different, but she understood that. And that was fine with her.

Risen grinned, and her eyes burned with a pink fire for a moment. This is what she was made for, to understand. Also: fun. So she sat, and manipulated the flow of luck in Fortune like a spring in the middle of a river, waiting for the fun to come to her.

+1 DR: 10 Motes. Also, +1 Presence and Potence.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-03, 12:06 PM
"I suppose its my turn then?"

Yen sighs softly, rolling up his sleeve, placing a long lick down his arm. Where his tongue touched, his flesh sizzled and burned, a long cut forming. He leans over the table, grinning at the other immortals as thick, sticky black ichor creeps down to mix with the other three's contribution.

"Its not my blood anyway...right Brother Dear?"

Ipphli
2010-03-03, 12:39 PM
Nootau

Soaring through the air, Nootau finds he has two different directions to choose from; many others like him lie in either direction. After hovering for a moment, he turns towards the group that seems to have the largest number. Surely, if his enemies had in fact followed him there, that would be them, scheming to take over this world as they had the last...

In time, he spots a very strange group of creatures. He studies them curiously as he approaches, muttering to himself as he does so. "Definitely not them. Others like me, then. Perhaps they too were torn from their own homes." He glides down towards the group, keeping a careful eye on the large dragon and the strange, spider-like creature.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-03, 01:25 PM
Yen quickly rolls up his sleeve, blinking slightly at the newcomer.

"Not one of yours Kagu? Hrmm....this would be one of the others then. I suppose though he's here for peaceful things..."

Yen slowly slides out of his chair, almost oozing out of it as he slips across the sand to the new Immortal, pacing around him with an apprasing eye.

"Hrm indeed. The others would be much ruder then I greeting you, though perhaps you'd like to tell us who you are? I think that'd be quite the polite and sensible thing to do. After all, you interrupted our tea...most rude, don't you think?"

Ipphli
2010-03-03, 01:54 PM
Nootau

Nootau stands in place, turning his head to keep an eye on Yen. His face bears a look of polite curiousity, arms folded across his chest. He inclines his head slightly after the man finishes speaking. "My apologies. My name is Nootau. And who might you be?"

Innis Cabal
2010-03-03, 02:07 PM
Yen snorts softly, placing a hand on his chest.

“Who am I? Why, I am Yen, The Grinning Lord! The Fox Count!! The Raven Haired Beauty!! Ignore won’t you my hair is orange? It’s just a title after all, nothing more or less. But those titles are so very important for nobility such as me!! I am Lord of that island over yonder, yes the one just off the shore, the emerald one. It’s very pretty, though so many seem to spurn a visit. Surely you wouldn’t mind visiting me now and again? My wine is the best this world has to offer.”

He then turns and points to the others at the table.

“The big imposing one is…oh dear I can’t pronounce his name. He’s some earthy thing. Not important, he smells you know, not polite company.

The wonderfully beautiful lady is…Areine, yes that’s right. She’s a treasure truly, a little shy but I’m sure she’s an absolute treat when you get to know her. I’m still working on that don’t you know.

The dour looking one, with the cigarette in his mouth is my twin brother Hyacinthe. He’s a bit soft in the head, so speak slowly for him. He’s a temper you see, and we wouldn’t want him to exert himself after such a wonderful little meet and greet. So keep yours words short, and your topics to the point. Oh, and no shiny things, he’s like a raven or a crow when he sees something like that. You’ll lose his attention immediately.

And last but not least, the impessive lion faced man is my eldest brother Kagu. What’s there to say that you can’t see? He’s simply magnificent.”

Ipphli
2010-03-03, 02:56 PM
Nootau nods politely to each of the others as Yen introduces them. When the introductions are over, he turns to face Yen once more. "I am honored by your invitation." He then turns to look at the others as a group. "And I am glad to meet each of you. Are you all natives of this place, then?"

hi-mi-tsu
2010-03-03, 03:10 PM
Areine et al

"...Actually, I believe the only native of this place is Suodemsa, there...from what I heard of his speech, at least." Areine smiles slightly at the newcomer, putting out the cigarette. "As for the rest of us...well. I know I'm not from so...pristine a world as this. And, I believe I'll take this chance to correct a seeming misconception; I am most emphatically not shy."

She shoots a glance at Yen, eyes narrowing for a brief moment, before mentally dismissing him and turning her attention back to the newcomer. "In fact...I would likely advise getting to know the others here of their own merit, and forming your own opinions of them. How did you come to be here, anyways?"

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-03, 03:26 PM
Smiling sinfully sweet at Yen, Hyacinthe nods politely and mutters, "Morceau de merde avorté, j'espère que tes couilles pourrissent."

Then without missing a beat he sweeps away from the table and his (now) onyx throne and offers his hand to the angelic Nootau.

"It's Jacinthe actually. The slimy bastard speaks **** for..." He immediately squints his brow and looks away for a moment. His expression is a mixture of shock and confusion as he realizes the name of the language he was just speaking has vanished from his memory.

"I apologize... the magic of this land is powerful indeed. It is not kind to the mind..."

Innis Cabal
2010-03-03, 03:42 PM
Yen barks a laugh, a yipping animal sound as he slides closer to the angelic figure, his arm tossed over his shoulder in a friendly extension.

"Now now...you see? I spoke a little to long for him. And he's upset. I really should say sorry to my brother. Sorry Jacinthe, I shouldn't be so unkind."

He giggles, pointing to draconic creature.

"He says he -is- this earth, so thats something ya? Jacinthe, Kagu and I are from a world so very far away. We don't even know how to get back. Thats why we're so oddly drinking tea on the sand. Time's up on that topic. Jacinthe is already aggitated."

Nefarion Xid
2010-03-03, 03:53 PM
"Je vais nourrir tes yeux à toi... cul."

Smile!

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-03-03, 04:33 PM
Seudomsa, Obsidian Table

The robed humanoid figure clenched his "gauntleted" hand over the table, and the molten magma that is his blood flowed forth onto the table, sealing his end of the pact. That done, he turned to the newcomer. "I am Suedomsa, as the lady said, and I am the only native to this world present, being as I was born of it's own heart. And I would also agree with the lady on the matter of forming your own opinion. Or at least, do not take the words of the Fox Lord as anything approaching an accurate portrayal of the truth. "

Vadin
2010-03-03, 05:04 PM
Kagu, the Obsidian Table

Coughing lightly to catch the newcomer's attention, Kagu addressed Nootau directly, "Nootau, was it? It seems you've been given some information about all of us, but what of yourself?" With a flick of Kagu's wrist, a jet black seat of glossy stone rose from the ground next to Suedomsa. "Why don't you sit down and share your story, Nootau?"

Kagu maintained a polite demeanor, but subtly met his first and more insightful brother's eyes. Giving a short glance at Nootau and raising an eyebrow, the lion's message was clear. Your thoughts?

Innis Cabal
2010-03-03, 05:07 PM
Yen bows awkwardly, suddenly bursting into smoke, appearing once more at his seat, which had reformed to a simple bamboo affair.

Ipphli
2010-03-03, 09:28 PM
Nootau shoots Areine a wink and offers both Jacinthe and Suedomsa a nod before focusing on Kagu. He takes the proffered seat before speaking. "I am not from this world either. I must thank whatever force brought me here when it did though; my old home was not a very pleasant place. But I suppose such things no longer matter; we've all been given a new start, yes?"

Innis Cabal
2010-03-04, 12:11 AM
Yen grins as he leans his elbows on the table.

Not exactly. Think of it this way, if you come to this world with people you know, then your at the same square as when you started! So maybe you lucked out, but maybe you didn't. There's no way to know for sure really. Not untill someone from your world appears or dosn't. Right? I mean, that makes sense?"

nothingclever
2010-03-04, 01:23 AM
Mark

Now that the rest of Raia's guests had left or were about to depart he stood perfectly still and silently studied the kingdom of clouds which stood before him. He slowly took in all the numerous shapes and colours he could see. He seemed to slip into a trance after a while as his eyes appeared to be looking off into the distance at something only he could see. He then began to take a few very slow deep breaths and gradually raised his hands into the air. Mark started to move his whole body about as if tracing some invisible patterns. It was pretty obvious a superhuman martial arts kata montage was about to unfold. Some of his movements were so gradual and smooth that it appeared he had not moved at all. Others were so fast they could not be seen by a mortal eye. Some made absolutely no noise while others roared with force. Some were so tranquil they could put you to sleep while others were so violent that you might suddenly feel as if you had been struck dead. All of them carried some strange form of supernatural grace. Each was clearly deliberate and planned well in advance yet also perfectly natural and fluid.

Ipphli
2010-03-04, 01:23 AM
Nootau shakes his head. "Even if one of the others does appear, things are different. We seem to have a brand new world here to do with as we will. Perhaps you and you brothers could use this opportunity to better your relationships."

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-03-04, 06:19 AM
Suedomsa, Obsidian Table

Suedomsa had sat down in his own throne, which had become a tall spired edifice of volcanic basalt and metal of unknown origin carved in an intricate manner that was constantly shifting and changing. He spoke up as Nootau voiced his latest thought "This may be a new world for you, but I have slept here for countless ages, and though this may be a fresh start, I assure you, you most certainly can not merely do as you will. Which isn't to say you don't have a great deal of leeway, but if you present a creditable threat to this world, I will come for you myself."

Ipphli
2010-03-04, 10:10 AM
Nootau will glance over at the robed man and nods once. "No offense, but how do we know you are what you say you are? You could simply be claiming such a background in order to put yourself in a position of power. I'm inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt, but perhaps you should learn to be a little more polite before issuing mass threats to such an esteemed gathering."

hi-mi-tsu
2010-03-04, 11:42 AM
Areine et al

The spider goddess's eyes dart to Suodemsa, and narrow slightly at his words.

"I mean no offense, but as you neither brought us here nor have any other claim than being the 'core of the world', I disagree with your position as supreme lawmaker or anything of that nature. I have been controlled and dominated for too long, I am not going to allow some creature with delusions of grandeur to tell me when I am or am not being a 'creditable threat' to this world. No one has given you the power to determine what constitutes a 'threat', and I do not believe that in a world of equally powerful beings anyone will."

There is no anger to her voice, when she speaks; rather, it's lilting, and almost hypnotic. But her smile reveals those fangs once again, and there is almost--almost--a coldness about her.

"Now that I am free, I intend to do as I please, and I do not intend to let you stop me."

Innis Cabal
2010-03-04, 03:13 PM
"My my Mister Dragon...already so very unpopular...perhaps you should take stock in just what sort of position you are in? Hmmm? There are...five of us, all of whom very much like our freedom with no strings attached. And only...one of you? Yes, I do believe thats how the count goes. And while I am certain given any chance he'd be given, my Dear Brother would shove a blade so far down my throat it'd come out my rear side, you'd be either next in line, or jockying for position six feet under the ground. Best to mind your manners, if you want wish not to return to your "Core"."

Yen's grin slowly creeps along his face, literaly to his ears, inhumanly wide and sweet.

"As for "improving" my relations, oh Angelic One...I am afraid my brother, the smoking one, and I...we will never see eye to eye. As mentioned, he's quite intent on killing me. I have no idea -why- that could be. But that is how life is. We shouldn't let that effect how our relationship turns out though, ya?"

Grim ranger
2010-03-04, 05:26 PM
Alphar & Null - Searching for others

Was this world wholly empty?

Ever since the twins had awoken and found themselves in this strange new world, they had understood that they were linked in a way. Their responsibilities, though differing, were still based on same balance of life and death, linking their fates together like sturdy chain. To further remind them of their responsibility was the Perfect Amulet, the halves of which the young gods carried with them at all times.

They had travelled through the land, seeing from little to none signs of any other beings. Undaunted, Alphar used his instinctive knowledge of life to grasp the situation of the world, and his findings saddened him somewhat. There was life, but not too much of it: this world was apparently very recently formed, not yet even populated. But where there was life and creation, there had to be creators as well.

Spurred on by the fact, they continued their search, calling out for any more of their kind with their minds.

Raz_Fox
2010-03-04, 07:30 PM
...Well, this plan was a complete and utter failure, even by Risen's lenient standards. Nothing had happened for who knows how long, and if she were to just sit in Fortune and think lucky thoughts for too much longer, her mind would devour itself and run away, giggling to itself. Waiting for things was - who would have guessed - BORING!

Risen HATED boring.

So when the cards showed her the Manifold Man and the Deuce of Stars, she got up and did a little dance. Finally, something interesting was coming towards her, and she could feel it now, an itch in the back of her head that told her something was afoot. So, she went to go find it.

She was rather disappointed to see two men, one of which was old and dressed horribly, but she could deal with it. After all, there weren't many people out here in the grasslands. (In fact, there wasn't anyone who wasn't a god. Rather boring, actually.)

Her laugh as she dropped from the sky as swiftly as a pink falcon before them was both childish and mischievous, the laugh of someone who's got a new game in front of them and just can't wait to play.

She looked between the two of them and grinned. "Well, aren't you two such an odd couple?" One was gold, one was old. Hey, that rhymed! "I don't mind telling you, but it's generally the gentlemen that introduce themselves. At least, in respectable conversation, and you two look rather respectable. I hope you are, because, well, you know, anything could happen if you two aren't. I'd probably enjoy it more, though." This last was given with a rather flirtatious wink at Goldie. "But I digress, as happens rather a lot with me. Who might you be, hmmm?"

Grim ranger
2010-03-05, 09:28 AM
Both twins looked at the newly-appeared immortal and then to each other.

"You have us at disadvantage, young one"

They both nodded politely at Risen, Alphar with wink and smirk, Null solemnly.

"And it's true we have not yet introduced ourselves"

Alphar bowed, his long robes flaring in sudden gust of wind. Null was not so overly dramatic, merely bowing his head.

"I am Alphar, guardian of life"

"I am Null, the end of all things"

"We are most honoured to meet you"

kemmotar
2010-03-05, 09:17 PM
Once she had said her farewells to those in the land of clouds she dropped out of sight, this time flying by Kinu, she marvelled at the expanse of the world beneath her but was dismayed at the blandness of it. She saw no intelligent life and saw that the land was not yet ready for it. There was much that needed to be done and she needed time and power for her creations. She was yet unsure how to use it and so she pondered over the blue prints in her mind, how she might bend the stone and wood and metal and she felt the power in her fingertips.

She wandered the skies, Kinu the anchor of her mind soothed her as she travelled the lands. There was a mighty gathering somewhere in the middle. She felt much presence from it but could not decide what to do. She never had been quite good with so many people. She'd rather visit later, when they had adjourned and so she steered her course around the continent flying freely and enjoying the fresh air that ruffled her hair and set it flying behind her in patterns, tangling and untangling as it would. She dipped and bobbed through the insubstantial clouds, relishing in the simple pleasure of it.

Slowly her fickle course took her back to the island that was her first sight of the world and looked upon it and thought to herself she wanted a small reminder of the world she left behind, more for admonishment than melancholy. Some of her creations were colored by her own artistry while for others she used her imagination. The island held a kind warmth from the sun that graced it with a climate neither too hot nor too cold, she wondered whether this world had seasons. With a wave of her hand the bland scenery changed to rolling hills, and valleys, others forested and others filled with sweet smelling flowers, and a high mountain. She focused her will as she interspersed animals, small and large, predator and prey. Small birds dyed in bright colours emerged from the trees with their songs, these she remembered almost perfectly from her vantage point when Tarnassus was too busy working on something or other for him to pay attention to her. Of course, she may have embellished the song and movement of all these creatures, but as nobody else knew how they had been and she wouldn't tell, there is no way of knowing for certain.

Content for a while she sat under the shade of a tree and allowed Kinu to run free and do as he pleased. As she sat there, she pulled out an easel, canvas, brushes and colors of all kinds out of thin air and started her work. She started with the backdrop of the cloud kingdom, kumozuka she remembered it was called. The brewing storm and lightning had a fierceness in them in the background and Raia stood in front of the gate, one hand beckoning and another on her bow. She stood on the fluffy clouds and if one stared long enough he would see patterns, always different in those clouds. An optical illusion or a trick of the mind's eye. Perhaps both. The Lady worked with her own hands, faster and with better accuracy than any mortal artist. She knew that she could just will it into existence exactly as it was, and she did exert some of her divine power in her creation, allowing her aura to wash over it while her knowledge and the thoughts of the kind yet strong Raia flooded into the brush and colors. She would never surrender such joy to a simple flick of the wrist to bring them into existence. She was not a legerdemain to play such petty tricks. She was an artist and through the exertion of her own art she would learn her own self, for she had no delusions of her position.

Ra_Va
2010-03-05, 10:20 PM
After a while the pain became normal, bearable, simply a apart of existence. He was able to focus his mind enough to create the Merfolk. With the upper body of a humaniod and a tail to swim in the deep oceans with. They had free will. They built a small city out of coil. Some stayded with thier god bestroying what animals they could that still fed off of Shag'reth

-5 AP creation of Merolk Race