PDA

View Full Version : Frogskin Suits [3.5]

Scoot
2010-02-27, 04:51 PM
Has anyone ever skinned a Slaad and made anything out of it?

Looking at their pictures and descriptions, their hides look thick enough to make some sort of armor from, and it I think it would look pretty nifty to boot.

I ask this because I'm considering running a campaign soon where Slaadi are the main threat, and the BBEG being one of the Slaad Lords.

And, of course, my players enjoy squeezing every drop of loot our of their prey, and hides are usually one of the first things they go for. And I enjoy that.

So, to restate the question,

Has anyone ever skinned a slaad, and how would you stat the hides? (Or has this ever been published anywhere?)

hamishspence
2010-02-27, 04:56 PM
Magic Item Compendium has vests which provide DR/alignment- the chaotic one looks like slaadskin, and is suggested to be that.

oxybe
2010-02-27, 05:56 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/958/178879-frog_suit_mario_large.jpg

it creates a suit of masterwork leather that grants the wearer a swim speed of 30 and waterbreathing. any creature trying to swallow or lick the frog suit needs to make a DC 13 Fort or be sickened. no wait, that's a Toad.

oh slaad skin frog suites. my bad :smallbiggrin:

i would allow the wearer to be resistant to the some of the lesser negative effects of the more chaotic realms or at least give a bonus against them.

Evard
2010-02-27, 06:20 PM
Haha When i first saw this thread I thought mario 3 XD

nice!