View Full Version : (Vortex) OOC Com Link

celtois
2010-02-28, 12:56 PM
Vortex

The thread for all things OOC relating to the Vortex,

Have a question? We'd be happy to answer it
Idea for a plot? Post it here
General chitter chatter? You're in the right spot

Wondering what Vortex is? Well looks no farther then the tops of these two handy dandy threads

Personnel Registry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7981538#post7981538)
Station 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8455349)

IcemanJRC
2010-02-28, 12:58 PM
Woohoo! It's time for some space age excitement! That was kind of lame, but whatever. I'm in.

Beans
2010-02-28, 01:05 PM
Huzzah!
I suppose that, once we have enough people joined an all, I'll have Evanna's pod open in a supply room or something.

IcemanJRC
2010-02-28, 01:11 PM
Sounds good.

(This is mostly just to see if my new sig is working.)

EDIT: Which it is.

celtois
2010-02-28, 01:46 PM
Example character is posted. Please do look at the questions though as well they don't need to be posted just looked at at considered

billtodamax
2010-02-28, 03:49 PM
This looks very interesting, and I'll be sure to post in it this afternoon, after getting a character.

ApeofLight
2010-02-28, 04:37 PM
Must think of character now...

Give me a couple of hours....

Je dit Viola
2010-03-01, 01:56 AM
:smallfrown: I had a pretty good character concept, but then I realized that it's very cliche and is found in several novels, and will definitely not mesh with other characters well, at all.

Oh, well. Back to the drawingboard.
I'm probably going to reinvent the wheel.

McBish
2010-03-01, 12:34 PM
So I have an idea for a character. A member of an alien race native to a planet near the station. The race is young and not very advance technologically, though they have a great skill in botany and healing. They live in a hostile world and in small clans.

I was thinking that a person exploring nearby space searching for either things to help the station, or looking for a place to colonize. The planet probably wouldn't have been suitable for either but one of the people that went with made friends with a few members of the natives, and one agreed to go back to the station to learn more about the visitors.

So basically wondering 2 things. Does the whole nearby planet thing work in the setting? And is anyone interested in playing the person who brought my character back.

iElf
2010-03-01, 04:54 PM
Can't wait to start Playing ^^. I've got a nice concept allready done, and I hope it'll be accepted

IcemanJRC
2010-03-01, 05:23 PM
Bish, my guy could find your tribe, he is familiar with tribal customs after all.

celtois
2010-03-01, 05:38 PM
So I have an idea for a character. A member of an alien race native to a planet near the station. The race is young and not very advance technologically, though they have a great skill in botany and healing. They live in a hostile world and in small clans.

I was thinking that a person exploring nearby space searching for either things to help the station, or looking for a place to colonize. The planet probably wouldn't have been suitable for either but one of the people that went with made friends with a few members of the natives, and one agreed to go back to the station to learn more about the visitors.

So basically wondering 2 things. Does the whole nearby planet thing work in the setting? And is anyone interested in playing the person who brought my character back.

Yes you are good to go with that only problem would be finding people to RP with on planet but if you think you can find people your good to go.

You folks can start RP anytime now. However if you want me to give you something to work with a opening RP post I can do so as well

iElf
2010-03-01, 05:49 PM
You folks can start RP anytime now. However if you want me to give you something to work with a opening RP post I can do so as well

that might be a good idea, considering we don't know much about the station, apart from what was described in the fist post. I might find some time to draw a map if It's ok with you.

McBish
2010-03-01, 05:56 PM
Yes you are good to go with that only problem would be finding people to RP with on planet but if you think you can find people your good to go.

Cool, and actually I was thinking my character will be have been brought back to the station because he wanted to learn more about the technology and stuff the people have on the station that his people haven't discovered yet.

Beans
2010-03-01, 05:58 PM
When we start, I would like to have my character be discovered in the supply room; her cryopod was there and it will open as soon as people are willing to RP.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-01, 06:11 PM
I guess Antares could do that. Fellow aliens and all.

Beans
2010-03-01, 06:15 PM
I shall have her awaken, then.
Huzzah.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-01, 06:35 PM
Ell... I won't be back online until two hours from now...

Bergett
2010-03-01, 06:39 PM
Well I think I'm gonna throw in a character, so I guess I can do that if you like.
I'd need like 10 mins or so to write the character and such.

Your call.

Regardless I'm still making the character.

Beans
2010-03-01, 06:39 PM
I will allow any who wish to find Evanna.

Bergett
2010-03-01, 06:40 PM
Well there we go then.

Mee
2010-03-02, 04:56 PM
Well, character sheet is up.
I shall be able to play later.

Yup.

Just to let everyone know.

(And I apologize for the lack of stuff in the character sheet.
I tend to make a character, fill them out a bit, and tweak them while they're being played. See how they react to things, then finish the character sheet.)

Falgorn
2010-03-02, 05:16 PM
Well...yeah.
My character's up. I might delete him, though, and make a 'umin.

SinisterPenguin
2010-03-02, 05:24 PM
Hrm.

I would quite like to participate in this, but I appear to be drawing a total blank when it comes to characters. Ah well. I'll think of something eventually.

IcemanJRC
2010-03-05, 05:57 PM
So... why hasn't anyone posted in like three days?

Mee
2010-03-05, 06:43 PM
So... why hasn't anyone posted in like three days?

Well, for me, it's lack of time, (As when I'm here, I'm usually juggling so many other things, that I can post in one place, and that's it. Which, sadly, has never been here.),
anyway, I do honestly plan on RPing here tonight, as it's friday, and I don't have as much stuff to get done.
So . . .
Yeah.

celtois
2010-05-02, 10:24 PM
So just wondering with the influx of new worlds out there would anyone be interested in playing vortex once again? Now that I have a little more time I could try and be around at least one day a week to help run it.

Essentially if you would be interested in me resurrecting this little RPing project please speak up.

If you don't know what vortex is the two threads linked in the index will explain everything for you, any questions please feel free to ask I don't bite.

ApeofLight
2010-05-02, 10:27 PM
*slaps the buzzer*

The answer is yes, resurrect it, I'm interested, it died because there was no direction.

McBish
2010-05-03, 03:11 PM
Yes I agree.

iElf
2010-05-03, 03:39 PM
a character concept died here, so I'd love to get this going again

Bergett
2010-05-03, 05:15 PM
I certainly think a resurrection would be in order.

I really liked the idea of a tooth and nail sci-fi survival.

celtois
2010-05-03, 05:26 PM
Alright so far we have four people interested, that is enough to convince me to get it up and running again.

However I'd like to make a proposal first, I know I won't have time to be here all the time to take part in running this, so I was thinking with each mission why don't I appoint a mission leader, someone who if I have to go away can continues to allow his comrades to progress, as well I'd be perfectly happy to answer any questions said leader has as often when I don't have time to be around and post I do have time to answer a quick PM

That sounds good to everyone? If so I'll gladly get this up and running again :smallbiggrin:

iElf
2010-05-03, 05:28 PM
sounds good to me... but what about the two factions?

celtois
2010-05-03, 05:35 PM
What about the two factions? They are simply different goals, goals that will often requires things from the same space.

I suspect that for missions like that there might have to be a mission leader for each faction for when their objectives branch, not sure that's part of the reason I want to ask about this to clear up any issues ahead of time

celtois
2010-05-08, 10:39 AM
Alright unless we have anything else we need to cover I believe Vortex is ready to start up

iElf
2010-05-08, 02:54 PM
we're going to need a new IC thread though I think. posting in the old one might be against forum rules considering how old it is

celtois
2010-05-08, 02:58 PM
Hmm, I suspect you might be right I'll make a new station 5 thread

and I made it link is in the opening post.