PDA

View Full Version : NOW CLOSED - Playtesters wanted.

Jolly Steve
2010-02-28, 01:21 PM
This is now closed. I've sent a PM to everyone who volunteered.

I'm writing a campaign guide / worldbook.

I'm looking for some people to give me feedback. I need to know whether the worldbook succeeds in giving people ideas to add to their own games. Thus you will need to be currently running a fantasy game, using any system, and be comfortable with home-brewing, and with giving detailed feedback.

The book will have its own tone, which won't fit with every GM or every game. It will be similar to my free online game, Age of Fable (http://www.ageoffable.net), with lots of puns and silliness, as well as more 'serious' or 'dark' elements.

In return you'll get a credit, and a pdf and a printed version of the final product. It won't be available as a pdf other than the ones given to playtesters.

Xealot7
2010-02-28, 01:30 PM
I'd be willing to give you a hand. I have a campaign that actually kicks off tonight. I would be willing to consider incorporating some of it.

Octopus Jack
2010-02-28, 01:38 PM
I'm about a week into running my campaign and would be more than willing to use some of your material into it

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 01:48 PM
I am interested. I just started a game for newbies to D&D 3.5 and would LOVE some material to pull from.

icastflare!
2010-02-28, 06:34 PM
I am interested. I just started a game for newbies to D&D 3.5 and would LOVE some material to pull from.

really? Is it a play by post game using an archive of 3.5 rules or do you have the books? just asking because most new dnd players around here switch to 4e

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 06:43 PM
really? Is it a play by post game using an archive of 3.5 rules or do you have the books? just asking because most new dnd players around here switch to 4e

I have a collection of 3.5 books (minus many of the campaign specific ones) in PDF. Not sure why that's relevant though...

icastflare!
2010-02-28, 06:57 PM
I have a collection of 3.5 books (minus many of the campaign specific ones) in PDF. Not sure why that's relevant though...

Around here 3.5 newbies are EXTREMELY RARE. all newbies are 4th edition players. that just made me curouis

Forever Curious
2010-02-28, 07:00 PM
Around here 3.5 newbies are EXTREMELY RARE. all newbies are 4th edition players. that just made me curouis

Ah. Well, I happened to find a few. Lucky me :smallsmile:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-28, 07:07 PM

Not really. You see quite a few 3.5 threads asking for advice for newbies. Probably since the core rules are available free at the SRD.

icastflare!
2010-02-28, 07:10 PM
Not really. You see quite a few 3.5 threads asking for advice for newbies. Probably since the core rules are available free at the SRD.

holy crap. gotta check that out. only played second and 4th edition. my players got separated when we went to college and without them It wasnt fun till I hooked my metal head friends in when 4th edition came out.

Project Icarus
2010-03-01, 12:04 AM
I'm a few sessions into a new sandbox-style Pathfinder game with a few new players, and I'd love to help with playtesting. I don't have many of the details of the setting planned out, and I'm finding it harder to come up with ideas.

DracoDei
2010-03-01, 01:10 AM
The official SRD isn't the most readable format...
I use www.d20srd.org (free, legal... it works.)