PDA

View Full Version : Making a Sitcom Character [3.5]

penbed400
2010-02-28, 02:03 PM
So I'm making a rogue who thinks that he's in a sitcom all the time. He's level 14 and so far I know that I want him to have used a genesis scroll to create a trailer that he goes back to at the end of every day, has a magic tattoo of plane shift in order to get there, and an assistant that he has in his trailer to clean up, help with anything and also has a magic tattoo of plane shift to send him back into the world in the morning when it's time for his "scene".

I can pretty much make the general build that I would like him to have, what I am really looking for is any magic items that would make him more of a sitcom character. Any ideas for what should be in his demi-plane, cool miscellaneous items, etc.?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

JonestheSpy
2010-02-28, 02:07 PM
If he's a sitcom character, he should have the lowest dexterity ever for a rogue who survived to level 14. Sounds like he needs a sarcastic genie or sentient magic item to save his ass when he fumbles his skill checks, which should be often.

Oh, and lots of ranks in Bluff, but he actually thinks he's using Diplomacy...

Flickerdart
2010-02-28, 02:09 PM
Try the Rod of Security (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#security) on for size.

penbed400
2010-02-28, 02:33 PM
Try the Rod of Security (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#security) on for size.

Unfortunantly that can only be activated once per week whereas I don't think he could live in the world that long without noticing its reality. The genesis, planeshifting allows for him to go back to his trailer every day.

Totally Guy
2010-02-28, 03:38 PM
I thought weekly adventures were the standard for sitcom.:smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2010-02-28, 03:43 PM
Do note that sitting inside the thing counts against the week countdown. So if he emerges every week to go on zany adventures, he'll be fine.

Thurbane
2010-02-28, 09:02 PM
Cringe Humour seems to be the big thing in sitcoms at the moment. Make a character who fails at almost everything, and the whole of each game session is just a big setup for him to be disappointed at the end of the show (session). Curb Your Enthusiasm, I'm looking at you! :smallbiggrin:

chiasaur11
2010-02-28, 09:05 PM
Remember to give him a catchphrase.

May I recommend "Are you having a laugh?"

Dr.Epic
2010-02-28, 09:06 PM
Some sort of magic item for a laugh track.

penbed400
2010-02-28, 09:54 PM
One of the players he's in the game with is a Kenku who is supposed to mimic the laughtrack when appropriate since the race can mimic sounds. The catchphrase was already chosen though. Since he always fails his rolls its, "Whatchya gonna do aboudit?"

Dresil
2010-03-04, 10:49 PM
Some sort of magic item for a laugh track.

X of Ghost Sound.