PDA

View Full Version : [4e] How would you build any of the Final Fantasy characters.

DiscipleofBob
2010-02-28, 04:30 PM
As the title says, how would you make 4e builds for playing Final Fantasy characters?

Any Final Fantasy, from 1 to X, any of the playable characters.

falconflicker
2010-02-28, 05:09 PM
I'll help, I just need some examples, plus level estimates.

For example, from IV,

Paladin Cecil, lvl 6
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 6
Human, Paladin

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 19, Con 10, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 14.

AC: 25 Fort: 20 Reflex: 19 Will: 18
HP: 55 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 13

TRAINED SKILLS
History +8, Religion +8, Heal +10, Diplomacy +10, Endurance +4, Insight +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana +3, Bluff +5, Dungeoneering +5, Intimidate +5, Nature +5, Perception +5, Stealth, Streetwise +5, Thievery, Athletics +3

FEATS
Human: Deva Heritage
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 2: Platinum Revelation
Level 4: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 6: Mighty Challenge

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Ardent Strike
Lay on Hands: Lay on Hands
Paladin at-will 1: Holy Strike
Paladin at-will 1: Valiant Strike
Paladin encounter 1: Piercing Smite
Paladin daily 1: Paladin's Judgment
Paladin utility 2: Martyr's Blessing
Paladin encounter 3: Staggering Smite
Paladin daily 5: Arc of Vengeance
Paladin utility 6: Shield of Discipline

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Shield of Silver Light Heavy Shield (heroic tier), Summoned Rimefire Plate Armor +2, Reproachful Bastard sword +2, Amulet of Life +1
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Threw that together just now.

Mando Knight
2010-02-28, 05:14 PM
No... even as a Paladin, Cecil's mainly a Strength guy. I don't think I've ever had his Spirit higher than his Strength.

falconflicker
2010-02-28, 05:15 PM
No... even as a Paladin, Cecil's mainly a Strength guy. I don't think I've ever had his Spirit higher than his Strength.

That's not hard, I'll edit it.

EDIT: Done

DragonBaneDM
2010-02-28, 05:20 PM
Building a Con artificer with a longspear shouldn't be too hard.

Actually a reach build on any leader is FANTASTIC.

Pramxnim
2010-02-28, 05:20 PM
Here's how I would build Tifa:

Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Brawler Talent from MP2)
Weapon: 2 x Spiked Gauntlets (reflavour as brass knuckles or just Tifa's gloves)
OR go with Spiked Gauntlets in Heroic, but switch to Unarmed Strike at Paragon with MC Assassin to get a highly accurate, albeit less damaging weapon.
Powers: Dual Strike, Grappling Strike (Or Slash and Pummel for a more combo-y feel)

Pick powers that use multiple attacks or minor action attack powers that can chain together. Might even want to go Half-Elf so that you can grab Twin Strike from Ranger (in which case scrap Dual Strike for Grappling Strike).

Feats: Brutal Brawler (MP2), Brawler Guard (MP2), Mobile Challenge (Dragon 378)
If you want to go for a more grappling based style (which is not really Tifa's style, but is quite effective), then consider:
Inescapable Hold (MP2), Improved Grab (PHB2), Wrenching Grasp (MP2), Crushing Pin (Paragon, MP2)

That's the rough idea. I don't have the time to go for a full build, but that's what I think someone building Tifa would look at.

Incidentally, Cloud would be a Rageblood Barbarian (or a Two-Weapon Talent Fighter), Aerith is a Pacifist Healer Cleric, and Yuffie would be a Rogue who uses shurikens (or you can refluff the Hand Crossbow/Superior Crossbow into the large shuriken that she always has and give her Sharpshooter Talent). For Yuffie, either Artful Dodger or Cunning Sneak fit well with her image.

I have this image of Zidane as a Marauder Ranger who takes Running Attack instead of Prime Shot and zooming in and out of the battlefield with Marauder's Rush, with a Badge of the Berserker, he won't provoke OAs while charging, so he'll be like a ping pong in battle, bouncing between enemies and dealing death as he goes.

That's all for now, will come up with more later.

falconflicker
2010-02-28, 05:23 PM
Building a Con artificer with a longspear shouldn't be too hard.

Actually a reach build on any leader is FANTASTIC.

For who?
FF7 Cid?
That could work.

Here's how I would build Tifa:

Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Brawler Talent from MP2)
Weapon: 2 x Spiked Gauntlets (reflavour as brass knuckles or just Tifa's gloves)
OR go with Spiked Gauntlets in Heroic, but switch to Unarmed Strike at Paragon with MC Assassin to get a highly accurate, albeit less damaging weapon.
Powers: Dual Strike, Grappling Strike (Or Slash and Pummel for a more combo-y feel)

Pick powers that use multiple attacks or minor action attack powers that can chain together. Might even want to go Half-Elf so that you can grab Twin Strike from Ranger (in which case scrap Dual Strike for Grappling Strike).

Feats: Brutal Brawler (MP2), Brawler Guard (MP2), Mobile Challenge (Dragon 378)
If you want to go for a more grappling based style (which is not really Tifa's style, but is quite effective), then consider:
Inescapable Hold (MP2), Improved Grab (PHB2), Wrenching Grasp (MP2), Crushing Pin (Paragon, MP2)

That's the rough idea. I don't have the time to go for a full build, but that's what I think someone building Tifa would look at.

Any reason you don't think she'd be good as a monk?

DragonBaneDM
2010-02-28, 05:25 PM
For who?
FF7 Cid?
That could work.

Ah-yup. Cid Highwind, mah boi.

falconflicker
2010-02-28, 05:27 PM
Ah-yup. Cid Highwind, mah boi.

Just one thing, I don't think that he has much of a leader persona.

Pramxnim
2010-02-28, 05:34 PM
Any reason you don't think she'd be good as a monk?

No reason, actually. It's just that I don't think Tifa's quite the wise type. I think of her as a sort of STR/DEX person, and so I'm waiting for the PHB3 to try to build her as a monk. In the mean time, the Brawler Fighter can represent her, and it can do so quite nicely, too.

falconflicker
2010-02-28, 05:45 PM
No reason, actually. It's just that I don't think Tifa's quite the wise type. I think of her as a sort of STR/DEX person, and so I'm waiting for the PHB3 to try to build her as a monk. In the mean time, the Brawler Fighter can represent her, and it can do so quite nicely, too.

Any reason you don't see her as a WIS type?

She seemed the most aware and sane person in that game, by a long shot.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-28, 05:50 PM
Just one thing, I don't think that he has much of a leader persona.

I disagree. Cid didn't get to show it much, but it seems like he was a pretty good leader. He kept the team together when Cloud went off into the Lifestream, and before that, lead the Shinra Research Team.

tyckspoon
2010-02-28, 06:02 PM

I would say that's Red. He just doesn't do much after Cosmo Canyon, so you kind of forget about him.

More relevantly, any half-way normal and non-ditz personality would have been the most aware and sane person in that game. It had a pretty screwed up cast, between Cloud/Vincent/Cid's issues and Barret and Yuffie's stereotypes. Tifa being sane doesn't necessarily mean she has a high Wisdom, and it certainly doesn't mean her fighting style is Wis-dependent; I agree with Pram, basically. Compare/contrast Tifa's style with Sabin's from VI to see the difference between a Str+Dex based style and a more Wis-based magical martial artist (heck, Sabin's best attacks are actually based on his magic stat.)

falconflicker
2010-02-28, 06:10 PM
I would say that's Red. He just doesn't do much after Cosmo Canyon, so you kind of forget about him.

More relevantly, any half-way normal and non-ditz personality would have been the most aware and sane person in that game. It had a pretty screwed up cast, between Cloud/Vincent/Cid's issues and Barret and Yuffie's stereotypes. Tifa being sane doesn't necessarily mean she has a high Wisdom, and it certainly doesn't mean her fighting style is Wis-dependent; I agree with Pram, basically. Compare/contrast Tifa's style with Sabin's from VI to see the difference between a Str+Dex based style and a more Wis-based magical martial artist (heck, Sabin's best attacks are actually based on his magic stat.)

Then again, Sabin is kind of a ditz, his attacks not withstanding.
He basically chose a life with zero responsibility until the whole Kefka incident. If anything, I'd say that Sabin is more STR/DEX, where as Tifa (especially in Advent Children, where you actually see some scripted fighting) seems to be more analytical.

bosssmiley
2010-03-01, 07:29 AM
Red Box D&D/FF hack (http://hamsterhoard.blogspot.com/2010/01/file-downloads.html) :smallbiggrin:

T.G. Oskar
2010-03-01, 08:07 AM
Then again, Sabin is kind of a ditz, his attacks not withstanding.
He basically chose a life with zero responsibility until the whole Kefka incident. If anything, I'd say that Sabin is more STR/DEX, where as Tifa (especially in Advent Children, where you actually see some scripted fighting) seems to be more analytical.

It'd be the other hand.

Sabin's apparently high WIS is countered by his, let's say, naivete. That doesn't mean his arts aren't quasi-magical by any means; he'd be the 4th Edition equivalent of...well...Carmendine Monk? Kung-Fu Genius? Since it's Psionic, however, it becomes weirder to figure out his style.

Tifa, though? Almost pure STR/DEX. Even her most powerful attack (Final Heaven) is definitely physical in mind. She doesn't show much Wisdom either, and analytical reads more as an Int type than a Wis type. However, if you wish to keep that feel of smart and savvy fighter, you might go Brawler and then...Pit Fighter?

Yang, on the other hand, should read like a 4e Monk despite the lack of apparent special abilities.

falconflicker
2010-03-01, 02:31 PM
Sabin's apparently high WIS is countered by his, let's say, naivete. That doesn't mean his arts aren't quasi-magical by any means; he'd be the 4th Edition equivalent of...well...Carmendine Monk? Kung-Fu Genius? Since it's Psionic, however, it becomes weirder to figure out his style.

Tifa, though? Almost pure STR/DEX. Even her most powerful attack (Final Heaven) is definitely physical in mind. She doesn't show much Wisdom either, and analytical reads more as an Int type than a Wis type. However, if you wish to keep that feel of smart and savvy fighter, you might go Brawler and then...Pit Fighter?

Point about the Tifa thing, and maybe Brawler fighter would work better for her (martial class, for non-magical), though most fighters need a decent WIS for their combat superiority.
Sabin though, I think should still be a STR/DEX monk. Being a monk would make all his attacks (save basic attacks) magical.

T.G. Oskar
2010-03-01, 02:51 PM
Sabin though, I think should still be a STR/DEX monk. Being a monk would make all his attacks (save basic attacks) magical.

Aurabolt/Aura Cannon is magical. Fire Dance is magical. Mantra is magical, but it's based on the White Wind mechanic so no difference in there.

By all means, I believe the only non-magical attacks are Pummel and Suplex. Even Bum Rush/Phantom Rush is magical, IIRC (though it's not supposed to).

You can argue that Sabin is a Monk, but gets the Brawler Fighter multiclass and sacrifices some Dex for having high Wis/Str. So it would be Wis/Str/Dex Monk/multiclass Brawler Fighter (using the multiclass feat for Fighter that adds the Brawler class abilities to it), adding whichever Brawler powers might fit Sabin thematically.

Evard
2010-03-01, 08:33 PM
I created a redmage by making a human hybrid warlord/sorcerer that i've posted before on the forums.

Some melee powers, magic that is not just one element.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Sin Redmage Hybrid, level 15
Human, Warlord|Sorcerer, Adroit Explorer
Hybrid Talent: Warlord Armor Proficiency
Hybrid Warlord: Hybrid Warlord Will
Sorcerous Power: Sorcerous Power Strength
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (heavy blade group)
Ambitious Effort: Ambitious Effort Existing Power
Ambitious Effort Existing Power: Sunder Armor

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 21, Con 15, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 9, Cha 19.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 14, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 15.

AC: 29 Fort: 26 Reflex: 23 Will: 26
HP: 107 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 26

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +16, Arcana +12, Athletics +17, Bluff +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Diplomacy +11, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +9, Heal +6, History +7, Insight +6, Nature +6, Perception +6, Religion +7, Stealth +9, Streetwise +11, Thievery +9

FEATS
Human: Hybrid Talent
Level 1: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 2: Focusing Spellfury
Level 4: Focused Expertise (Broadsword)
Level 6: Arcane Spellfury
Level 8: Improved Inspiring Word
Level 10: Toughness
Level 11: Paragon Defenses
Level 12: Armor Specialization (Hide)
Level 14: Lightning Reflexes

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Lightning Strike
Hybrid Sorcerer at-will 1: Dragonfrost
Hybrid Warlord at-will 1: Wolf Pack Tactics
Hybrid encounter 1: Nimble Footwork
Hybrid daily 1: Ice Javelins
Hybrid utility 2: Aid the Injured
Hybrid encounter 3: Poisonous Exhalation
Hybrid daily 5: Stand the Fallen
Hybrid utility 6: Chaotic Defense
Hybrid encounter 7: Sunder Armor
Hybrid daily 9: Prime the Fire
Hybrid utility 10: Defensive Rally
Hybrid encounter 13: Jaws of the Earth (replaces Nimble Footwork)
Hybrid daily 15: Lightning Daggers (replaces Ice Javelins)

DiscipleofBob
2010-03-02, 12:42 PM
I think the whole Brawler v. Monk discussion will depend a lot on what the final product of the Monk comes out as in PHB3. A hybrid version of the two might also be possible.

The big thing to note between the two is also the difference between a Defender or a Striker, and don't the two have different armor proficiencies? That would make a difference as well.

Red XIII sounds like a difficult build to make. Even if you homebrew the race. I mean, how do you reconcile the whole "look ma, no hands" thing? And what class would he be?

Personally, I thought the Red Mage would serve better as a Bard, but that Warlord/Sorcerer build looks interesting too.

TheOOB
2010-03-02, 01:05 PM
Well, none of the FF7 or 8 characters can be created properly, because they are defined more by the material/spells/GFs they have than any natural ability.

At that point, the only FF games that had characters with defined classes are 4,6,9, and kinda 10 (in 10 the characters had classes more or less, but they could be changed).

Blackfang108
2010-03-02, 01:43 PM

An all-the-way-crazy MC.
Chain-smoking, foul-mouthed pilot/inventor.
A stuffed Animal.
A Kleptomaniac.
A dead Girl.
A self-loathing talking wolf.
A homicidal one armed man.

Yeah, that's not saying much.

DiscipleofBob
2010-03-02, 02:05 PM
Well, none of the FF7 or 8 characters can be created properly, because they are defined more by the material/spells/GFs they have than any natural ability.

At that point, the only FF games that had characters with defined classes are 4,6,9, and kinda 10 (in 10 the characters had classes more or less, but they could be changed).

Yes, but even the characters from FF7 and 8 had specific weapons/armor and limit breaks that would easily transfer over to the 4e power system. Also, 1, 3, and 5 had defined classes. Sure you could switch between said classes, but still, the classes themselves would be interesting to replicate.

And in 2, the characters beside the main 3 usually had pretty defined characteristics. Minwu was a healer, Josef was a brawler, Ricard was a dragoon, etc.

T.G. Oskar
2010-03-02, 02:10 PM

The choice of weapon and Limit Break kinda states the point.

Cloud is a Samurai (look at all the techniques) because Fighters usually have access to nearly all weapons, Aeris is a White Mage, Tifa is a Monk/Brawler, Cid is a Dragoon, Yuffie is a Ninja/Thief and Cait Sith is a Gambler.

The three remaining hard to pin characters would be Barret, Red XIII and Vincent. For the looks of it, Red XIII seems like your typical Geomancer, what with the references to the moon and the land. Vincent transforms and loses his control, but he uses a gun; he could equally be a Hunter/Ranger with a dash of Berserker on the mix. Barret is the hardest to pin, but given his load of weaponry and weapon-based Limit Breaks, he's Mega Man with a dash of FPS protagonist (aka, entirely off the genre)

FFX has it a tad difficult, but you can usually ID the characters. Auron is quite evidently a Samurai, Yuna is a Summoner subbing/multiclassing into White Mage, Lulu is a Black Mage, Kimahri is a Dragoon with Blue Mage abilities and Rikku is a Thief (with a dash of Chemist and Engineer). Tidus and Wakka are a bit rarer, since Tidus is a Fighter but has Time Magic, and Wakka is almost the same case as Barret (up to the point of pretty much being the token minority character). However, when in doubt, usually their Limit Breaks tend to ID their representative classes. FFX has their Limit Breaks show the classes in which they sub or multiclass, tho (Yuna with Summoner, Lulu with Red Mage, Kimahri with Blue Mage, Rikku with Chemist; Auron is nearly pure Samurai, Wakka is Gambler and Tidus...is sports player :P)

falconflicker
2010-03-03, 03:31 PM
FFX has it a tad difficult, but you can usually ID the characters. Auron is quite evidently a Samurai, Yuna is a Summoner subbing/multiclassing into White Mage, Lulu is a Black Mage, Kimahri is a Dragoon with Blue Mage abilities and Rikku is a Thief (with a dash of Chemist and Engineer). Tidus and Wakka are a bit rarer, since Tidus is a Fighter but has Time Magic, and Wakka is almost the same case as Barret (up to the point of pretty much being the token minority character). However, when in doubt, usually their Limit Breaks tend to ID their representative classes. FFX has their Limit Breaks show the classes in which they sub or multiclass, tho (Yuna with Summoner, Lulu with Red Mage, Kimahri with Blue Mage, Rikku with Chemist; Auron is nearly pure Samurai, Wakka is Gambler and Tidus...is sports player :P)

Mostly agree, though I would pin Yuna as a White Mage sub Summoner

For D&D Classes
Auron = Swordmage (or fighter)
Yuna = Cleric multi'd into Invoker
Lulu = Wizard (possibly multi'd sorcerer)
Kimahri = Fighter multi'd Druid or Druid multi'd fighter (kinda a stretch)
Rikku = Artificer
Wakka = Ranger (Avalanche Hurler PP)
Tidus = Duelist Rogue (thievery is a bit of a problem, but not insurmountable)

T.G. Oskar
2010-03-03, 05:37 PM
For D&D Classes
Auron = Swordmage (or fighter)
Yuna = Cleric multi'd into Invoker
Lulu = Wizard (possibly multi'd sorcerer)
Kimahri = Fighter multi'd Druid or Druid multi'd fighter (kinda a stretch)
Rikku = Artificer
Wakka = Ranger (Avalanche Hurler PP)
Tidus = Duelist Rogue (thievery is a bit of a problem, but not insurmountable)

Auron wouldn't suit as Swordmage. Most of his attacks are debuffs, but they are physical debuffs. Essentially, only his Overdrive moves aren't as physical. I ain't so keen on what would make Tornado and such, but he seems more of a Fighter to me. A Two-Hander Fighter, taking as many martial debuffs as possible, and perhaps MC'ing into a Primal class for the Tornado Overdrive (unless a better choice is made).

Kimahri kinda screams Barbarian to me. In fact, Barbarian suits perhaps a bit too fine.

Rikku would be your Rogue. Or perhaps Hybrid Rogue/Artificer, taking only the most reasonable moves. She's more of a Thief kind than a Chemist type, though.

Tidus, though, would be a proper Fighter. Fighter MC'ing into Rogue, perhaps? Meh, Rogue MC'ing into Warlord; he has the inspiring abilities, after all.

Delcan
2010-03-03, 09:16 PM
Red XIII doesn't seem too hard to pull off, as long as you take a few liberties with the build. In-game, Red XIII had a bit of a trade-off of low-powered limit breaks that are made up for by high strength and magical power in general. I figure him for a warden, possibly with a multi to warlord to pseudo-duplicate one of my favorite Limit Breaks of his.

The quadruped thing would be a little strange to work with, but not too bad. Houserule his claws as the equivalent of a falchion (1d4 for each claw with some rending high-crit action). Put a pouch on his neck for potions and items that he can retrieve with his mouth, and just shy away from certain manual dexterity-related skills, and you'd do just fine. As long as the rest of the group would be willing to cover in some small way for your lack of thumbs, being a quadruped could be an excellent opportunity to roleplay.

Luckily Nanaki doesn't really have a strong personality - Charisma makes an easy dump stat for him.

Below, an interpretation of Red XIII, at around maybe the beginning of Disc 2: heroic, beginning the ascent into paragon.

Red XIII
Feline (ad hoc longtooth shifter) warden
Level 10
Lawful Good

STR 16+2+2
CON 14
DEX 12
INT 10
WIS 14+2+2
CHA 8

Lifespirit Warden

AT-WILLS:
Resilience of Life
Strength of Stone

ENCOUNTERS:
1-Wildblood Frenzy (aka Sled Fang)
3-Strongskin Clash
7-Earth Gift (aka Blood Fang)

DAILIES:
1-Form of the Relentless Panther
5-Storm Strike (aka Stardust Ray)
9-Form of the Frenzied Wolverine

UTILITIES:
W-Inspiring Word
2-Mountain Lion Step
6-Soothing Wind
10-Defensive Rally (aka Lunatic High)

FEATS:
1)Weapon Expertise (claws)
2)Weapon Focus (claws)
4)Gorebrute Charge
6)Wild Senses
8)Student of Battle (Warlord multiclass)
10)Acolyte Power (for Defensive Rally)

SKILLS TRAINED:
Athletics
Endurance
Intimidate (not good at it, but okay at it)
Nature
Perception

Shazbot79
2010-03-04, 03:16 AM
I'll be honest...I haven't actually finished a Final Fantasy game since VII.

But this seems fun, so I'll give it a shot.

So my picks for my (so far) favorite entry into the series: FFVI (FF3 in the U.S.)

Terra Branford: Eladrin Wizard
Locke Cole: Human Artful Rogue
Celes Chere: Human Swordmage w/ Warlord MC.
Edgar Figaro: Human Artificer
Sabin Figaro: Monk
Cyan Garamonde: Human Fighter
Shadow: Assassin
Gau: Gnome Barbarian
Setzer Gabbiani: Human Chaos Sorcerer
Strago Magus: Human Control Wizard
Relm Arrowny: Human Illusionist Wizard
Mog: ? Bard
Umaro: (Refluffed) Goliath Warden
GoGo: Vestige Pact Warlock...I guess.

KillianHawkeye
2010-03-04, 09:10 AM

He was a Berserker. Wouldn't Barbarian be a better fit? And does 4E have any powers that allow you to throw teammates at your enemies?? :smallwink::smallamused:

nightwyrm
2010-03-04, 11:08 AM
How about Rinoa? Sure, a simple way to do it would be create her by using just any caster class, but how to duplicate her limit break which is a) shooting her dog at ppl (among other things) and b) uncontrollable spellcasting.

Based on her character, she would need to be in a class that runs off cha since her int and wis is pretty poor...

Gralamin
2010-03-04, 06:35 PM
How about Rinoa? Sure, a simple way to do it would be create her by using just any caster class, but how to duplicate her limit break which is a) shooting her dog at ppl (among other things) and b) uncontrollable spellcasting.

Based on her character, she would need to be in a class that runs off cha since her int and wis is pretty poor...

Ranger|Sorcerer perhaps?

erikun
2010-03-04, 06:40 PM
Using your animal companion as an implement? Awesome.

DiscipleofBob
2010-03-04, 08:41 PM
Here's a build for Cloud Strife:

Cloud Strife, level 20
Human, Fighter, Kensei
Build: Great Weapon Fighter
Fighter: Combat Agility
Fighter Talents: Two-handed Weapon Talent
Kensei Focus: Kensei Focus Fullblade
Background: Athlete (Acrobatics class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 23, Con 14, Dex 18, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 12, Dex 14, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 8.

AC: 36 Fort: 35 Reflex: 30 Will: 28
HP: 143 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 35

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +19, Streetwise +14, Endurance +17, Athletics +23

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +12, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9, Dungeoneering +12, Heal +12, History +12, Insight +12, Intimidate +9, Nature +12, Perception +12, Religion +12, Stealth +14, Thievery +14

FEATS
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade)
Level 1: Steel Vanguard Student
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 4: Undeniable Crusader
Level 6: Action Surge
Level 8: Don't Count Me Out
Level 10: Powerful Charge
Level 11: Persistent Threat
Level 12: Agile Opportunist
Level 14: Heavy Blade Opportunity
Level 16: Pinning Challenge
Level 18: Wicked Blade
Level 20: Reliable Persistence

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Cleave
Fighter at-will 1: Threatening Rush
Fighter at-will 1: Wicked Strike
Fighter encounter 1: Steel Serpent Strike
Fighter daily 1: Savage Advance
Fighter utility 2: Pass Forward
Fighter encounter 3: Dance of Steel (Cross-Slash)
Fighter daily 5: Cometfall Charge (Meteorain)
Fighter utility 6: Battle Awareness
Fighter encounter 7: Inertia Strike (Blade Beam)
Fighter daily 9: Thicket of Blades
Fighter utility 10: Fighter's Grit
Fighter encounter 13: Battle Jump (replaces Steel Serpent Strike) (Braver)
Fighter daily 15: Dragon's Fangs (replaces Savage Advance) (Climhazzard)
Fighter utility 16: Surprise Step
Fighter daily 19: Devastation's Wake (replaces Thicket of Blades) (Finishing Touch)

ITEMS
Magic Fullblade +5, Magic Nagascale Armor +5, Amulet of Protection +5

The Kensei's Weaponsoul Dance makes a nice Omnislash too. I didn't bother too much with equipment, just the basic stuff.

Shazbot79
2010-03-05, 06:32 AM
He was a Berserker. Wouldn't Barbarian be a better fit? And does 4E have any powers that allow you to throw teammates at your enemies?? :smallwink::smallamused:

Page 42, baby!

KillianHawkeye
2010-03-05, 07:09 AM
Page 42, baby!

Um, what? :smallconfused:

Yakk
2010-03-05, 10:49 AM
Um, what? :smallconfused:
Page 42 of the DMG gives rule to deal with things like "I pick up an ally and throw it at the enemy", or "I swing from a chandelier", or "I stick my knife in the sail, use it to slow my fall, and land on the pirates".

Ie, "page 42", the answer to life, the universe and everything.

falconflicker
2010-03-05, 03:08 PM
Terra Branford: Eladrin Wizard
Locke Cole: Human Artful Rogue
Celes Chere: Human Swordmage w/ Warlord MC.
Edgar Figaro: Human Artificer
Sabin Figaro: Monk
Cyan Garamonde: Human Fighter
Shadow: Assassin
Gau: Gnome Barbarian
Setzer Gabbiani: Human Chaos Sorcerer
Strago Magus: Human Control Wizard
Relm Arrowny: Human Illusionist Wizard
Mog: ? Bard
GoGo: Vestige Pact Warlock...I guess.

There are 4 characters in the game that start with magical ability of some sort, Celes, Terra, Strago, and Relm

Other than that I have no problem with these

(Relm is a bit more control than illusion, though psion might work better)

Also, about Rikku, Artificer works better for her, as she does terrible damage in combat, where as Rogues are top notch strikers (Rangers are arguably better, but Rogues have a slightly higher average damage due to Sneak Attack being bigger). The combat stealing can be done either via multiclassing or via Skill Tricks (PHB3 skill-based utility powers). Thievery is a class skill for Artificers in case anybody forgot.