PDA

View Full Version : Words you can't use in the Playground

Dr.Epic
2010-02-28, 08:56 PM
So I'm wondering what curse words are straight out not allowed on these forums. I've read the rules and I believe it says that all vulgar words should only be used in moderation. I realize that f-bombs and a certain other word that starts with s-h is are not allowed. I'm just wondering what words I can use in posts that won't get me in trouble. The only reason I ask is I want to make a thread for this comic book. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick-ass)

Roland St. Jude
2010-02-28, 09:15 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: What curse words shouldn't you use here? All of them. Just avoid it all together. That said, if it isn't directed at another poster, is rare, and mild, it should be fine. If it is any of those, you're likely to get a Warning. The Forum Rules speak to this, and the fact that they don't spell out an acceptable/unacceptable list is intentional. No list could be sufficiently comprehensive, and any such list would have to be constantly kept up to date with new curses. The filter helps some, but it's just a tool. It's both over and under-inclusive. When in doubt, leave it out.

If a topic is going to require a significant amount of profanity, the Playground probably isn't the place for it.

EDIT: Two additional points:
1. Profanity in thread titles or signatures are more of a problem because of their greater exposure; and,
2. Let the filter do its work, circumventing it, even to produce mild profanity is itself a rules violation.