PDA

View Full Version : Camelot WW 0.5 - Le Morte D'arthur (GAME ON)

Pages : 1 [2]

Timberwolf
2010-03-31, 06:00 PM
Far be it from me to argue with a very, very certain chicken. Seriously, mad eyes.

Bishfish

Fleeing Coward
2010-03-31, 06:11 PM
In other words I'm the same role I always claim, so is Zar Peter and Lancelot has agreed to temporarily ignore the kill Arthur win condition for the greater good.
So take your 50% shot tonight wolves :smallamused:

Aemoh
2010-03-31, 06:45 PM
*points at Bishfish*

For the tie :smallamused:

Lex-Kat
2010-03-31, 06:54 PM
I'll go with Murska then. He's always a Wolf. :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2010-04-01, 12:21 AM
Goof would be my top pick for a wolf if my theory is correct.So obviously you have more information then I do.

Bishfish then. For the trend.

Trixie
2010-04-01, 04:39 AM
In other words I'm the same role I always claim.

Meaning... what? Villager?

I really hope it's not Voider? :smallmad:

Anyway, I kind feel of lost here. Why are we lynching Bish, exactly? This feels... wrong to me, somehow.

Well, since Zar apparently is out, and I can't be bothered to follow FC, I'll second Lexy and point at Murska instead.

lostlittlebear
2010-04-01, 11:01 AM
Day 7 Ends

Sir BishFish had always been an unlucky man.

For starters, there was his name. On the night of his birth, his father had made a drunken bet with the village priest that he would name his newborn child after the first thing that he saw the next morning. Passing out in a haystack, BishFish’s father had woke to a massive hangover, and the sight of a visiting bishop consuming one of the famous local salmon.

Naturally, his strange name had rendered him the subject of much abuse in the local playground, not to mention the slew of mind-numbing puns that followed. But BishFish grew into a big, strapping, young man, who easily dispatched the bullies that attempted to give him grief.

A roaming knight errant happened to witness one of his playground fights, and impressed, accepted him as his squire, an act that had absolutely nothing to do with his strange hankering for the village salmon.

For a few years, BishFish’s luck seemed to take a turn for the better. His squireship passed without incidence, and he was soon promoted to full knighthood. But on the day of his knighting ceremony, a crate full of trout tumbled off a wagon and onto his horse, and delayed him for a full hour as he attempted to find a replacement steed.

Ordinarily, the heralds would just have declared him a knight anyway and been done with it, but this year the number of newly made knights had been uncommonly high. Which meant that, when it came to choosing heraldic devices, SIr BishFish was left with two choices - a banana, or, you guessed it, a fish.
Deciding that there were some levels even he was not prepared to stoop to, Sir BishFish chose the latter option, resigning himself to a lifetime of bad puns and snarky comments. And when the jokes and the punning got too bad, he would sneak out to the riverside and lie in the stream, letting the salmon swim lazy circles around him, rubbing away his sorrows with gentle brushes of their tail.

It was this sense of companionship with the fish of the world that made him swear a solemn vow - never to eat fish, whatever the circumstance. It was this vow that was to prove his undoing.

For after the unfortunate lynch of Sir Tsofu, the Arthurian knights decided to organize a penance. To make up for their misinterpretation of religious law, they agreed that all knights would participate in a massive fish banquet the next day in honor of Sir Tsofu’s memory.

Only Sir BishFish disagreed.

True to his principles, he never wavered in his commitment, even when the knights commanded that he be put to trial by fire. As the bonfire raged about him, Sir BishFish gazed quietly at the sky, taking his test with the stoicism of a true knight. But even all the faith in the world was not enough to prevent his flesh from burning, and soon all that was left of Sir BishFish was a charred cinder.

Yet, there are some who swear that, as the fire reached it’s zenith, a great celestial hook had fallen from the heavens and dragged Sir BishFish from it’s flames, leaving a lifeless copy in his place. It was the divine Fisher of Men, they said, calling his disciple home at last. Driven by these rumors, the cult of Saint BishFish began to spread, and the sign of the burning cod soon became a common sight in households around Camlamn.

Whatever the veracity of this tale, there is one fact all sides can agree on - for decades after, the crops at the area he was burned had a distinct fishy taste.

BishFish was lynched. He was a Knight

Night 7 Starts

cd4
2010-04-01, 12:19 PM
Day 7 Ends

/Snip/

Night 7 Ends

I've heard the joke about short days in these times (Good morning, good (k)night) :smallbiggrin: but I don't recall anything about nights going so fast either.

lostlittlebear
2010-04-01, 12:47 PM
:smallredface: I WAS JUST TESTING YOU! Good to see you're paying attention, cd4 :P

Trixie
2010-04-01, 01:50 PM
Does that mean no one was killed today, too? :smallconfused:

Fleeing Coward
2010-04-01, 02:14 PM
It means the narrator made an error and we'll have to wait to see how lucky the wolves are :smalltongue:

BishFish
2010-04-01, 06:16 PM
atleast now I am a god.:smalltongue:

lostlittlebear
2010-04-02, 05:21 AM
Night 7 Ends

As night fell over the field of Camlamn, two armor-clad figures scurry out of Arthur’s encampment.

“Shh, quick! This way! Hurry or Arthur will catch us!”

“I know, I know, it’s just that this armor is so hard to move in! Damnit I wish I didn’t have to disguise myself all day. I don’t know how you knights can survive running around in this every day!”

“So it’s the armor, is it? Let me help you get out of that... and other things besides...”

“Ooh, Sir Lancelot!”

“My queen!”

BOWCHICKAWOWOW

“AHEM!”

A torch sputters to life, casting light on the two figures, revealing them to be none other than Sir Lancelot and Queen Guinevere.

The man holding the torch shakes his head disapprovingly.

“I heard the rumors, but I’d never thought you two were actually having an affair... much less right here, under Arthur’s nose!”

Finally getting a good look at the man’s face, Queen Guinevere breathes a sigh of relief. He isn’t Arthur or a Knight of the Round Table - which means that he can be bought.

“Look here, just keep this secret for now, and I’ll ensure that you’re justly rewarded once Arthur’s dead. Trust me, I’ll make your silence worth your while.”

Shaking his head, the man takes a seat on a nearby boulder.

“You almost got away with it, you know? I had men searching for you all over the countryside, but no one could find you - your act as Sir Lex-kat was almost perfect.”

“The one mistake you made was coming here in person. What possessed you to call Sir Philosoph away and offer yourself as a replacement? Everyone knows he was one of the Queen’s staunchest supporters, back in the day. Perhaps it’s true, that love makes people do foolish things - if so, I’m glad it’s not a weakness I’ll be falling prey to anytime soon.”

Lancelot steps forward, shielding Guinevere from the torchlight with his body.

“I don’t know who you are or what you want, but take the Queen’s offer and go. You’ll make more money than you ever could if you worked your whole life.”

Laughing, the man replies, “What, and then be offed silently by assassins once your rule is secure? No, I’m no fool. As long as I know this secret, neither of you would let me live. And besides, why should I stop at riches, when I stand to gain the whole of England itself?”

With a gasp, Lancelot recognizes just who stands before him.

“You’re... you’re Modred! Damn you, you swine! KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE! TO ME!”

With a vicious warcry, Lancelot hurls himself at Modred with inhuman speed, sword already half out of his scabbard.

THWACK

THWACK

THWACK

His charge halted, Lancelot stares dumbly at the three quarrels protruding from his chest. He slumps slowly to the floor, blood pouring in red streams from his gaping wounds.

Paralyzed by horror, Guinevere can only look on in shock as Modred continues talking as if nothing had happened.

“I must say, choosing Sir Coward as your alias was a stroke of genius. After all, no one would associate Sir Lancelot, the bravest knight in all the realm, with a knight called Sir Coward using a Fleeing Chicken for his coat of arms.”

Looking down at the slowly expiring knight, Modred gives a little sigh.

“You really shouldn’t have taken off your armor though. Even with four of us here, we didn’t fancy our chances against you. But without his armor, the world’s bravest knight is only the world’s bravest target. You, of all people, should have known that. Ah, love, love.. see what it does to the best among us.”

Modred turns his attention to Guinevere, who returns his stare blankly. She moves her mouth slowly, but no words come out.

“Oh dear... has the death of your little toyboy broken your mind? Pity, I expected better of you. I had so many things planned for you... so many things....”

Fleeing Coward (Sir Lancelot) was killed by the wolves. Lex-kat (Queen Guinevere) died of grief.

Day 8 Begins

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-02, 05:51 AM
atleast now I am a god.:smalltongue:

Nay, a saint - big difference. :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2010-04-02, 06:04 AM
Well, that risk didn't pay off. Good luck villagers :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-04-02, 02:56 PM
Sanity702 as a placeholder until I can get some logic up.

Zar Peter
2010-04-03, 11:35 AM
:smallfrown:

Sir Lancelot! My Smacky3001 will make sure that your dead was not in vain

Zar Peter said waving his axe in the direction of Supagoof (I have no other proof than that you are still alive and I have no other targets :smalltongue:)

Murska
2010-04-03, 11:38 AM
Zar Peter for being away when there was no kill, then surviving a lynch and returning just after there was a kill.

EDIT, no wait, that doesn't work. Sorry. :smallredface:

The Bookworm for similar reasons.

Timberwolf
2010-04-03, 03:41 PM
Bookworm - as per Murska

Wizibirb
2010-04-03, 06:32 PM
billtodamax retaliation point

Lex-Kat
2010-04-03, 07:10 PM
Sir Lancelot! My Smacky3001 will make sure that your dead was not in vain.
No one wants to avenge me? :smallfrown: I died too ya know. *Cries*

Timberwolf
2010-04-03, 07:18 PM
I'll avenge you !

Unlike Sir Zar Peter, I can spot a damsel, in distress or otherwise, at a dozen leagues. Although my Stabby 1983 is considered a classic design of longsword these days, it does run vartlets through quite nicely.

Trixie
2010-04-03, 07:54 PM
No one wants to avenge me? :smallfrown: I died too ya know. *Cries*

I'll! :smallyuk:

Bookworm will pay for his crimes!

Poor lead, but better than others I have. Knowing my luck, both Murska and Zar Peter are masons meaning we cannot lynch them :/

hap_hazard
2010-04-03, 08:14 PM
Trixie. -whitetext!-

lostlittlebear
2010-04-04, 09:27 AM
Day 8 Ends

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper. - TS Eliot, The Hollow Men

Arthur picks his way through the battlefield, weeping as he stumbles across faces of men he once knew. Sir Bedevire, Sir Bors, Sir Kay, Sir Ector - with each new discovery a name is silently added to the list in Aemoh’s mind.

The slaughter this day had been immense, both on his side and Modred’s, and he could not be sure how many knights on both sides remained. Spying another lone figure standing amidst the mountains of corpses, Aemoh heads towards him, recognizing him as Sir Gawain, a knight also known by the moniker of Bookworm.

“Sound the bugle,” Aemoh says, unfastening his helm to catch some air. “Let us count how many of my knights remain.”

“Yes my liege,” Sir Bookworm replies, blowing three crisp notes on the horn he carries by his side.

Soon, a few figures begin making their way towards the pair, led by Sir Peter, the lone remaining Knight of the Round Table. Doing a quick headcount, Aemoh realizes that out of the thousands of knights he had led to the field, only twelve remained.

As the final straggler staggers in, Aemoh stands to his feet, clearing his throat.

“Knights,” he begins, “You have served me loyally and faithfully through these sad times, and I have no doubt, that should we continue the fight, truth and justice will prevail.”

“But I grow tired of the slaughter and senseless deaths I see before me - surely my throne is not worth the blood of so many young men. Tomorrow, I intend to send a delegation to Modred and offer him terms. If he will cease the fighting, I shall cede half my kingdom to him, and -”

“A bit too late for that now, my brother.”

Raising a hand, Sir Trixie steps forward, suddenly morphing in appearance. In the place of the bloodstained knight that stood before them, the assembled knights now see a woman clad in shimmering silver robes.

“Morgause!” Aemoh gasps, drawing Excalibur from his scabbard. “You should be dead!”

“And yet I am not, and have been living in your camp all this while. You really should learn to be more attentive, brother.”

Aemoh raises his blade, then lowers it again. Looking away, he sighs.

“I cannot kill my own family. Knights - dispatch this woman for me.”

“Yes, my liege!” The knights reply as one, drawing their weapons and lunging at the erstwhile Sir Trixie, who only laughs as she stares imminent death in the face.

But she has reason to laugh, for suddenly the knights all turn on each other.

Sir Murska the Wolf runs Sir Cedric Diamond the Fourth through with his dagger, cackling as the noble knight’s lifeblood pours down his wicked blade.

Sir Fin strikes Sir Hazard with his mace, crushing helm and head in one massive blow.

Sir Supagoof spears Sir Timberwolf with his lance, snorting at the outdated longsword that slips from his numbed hands.

Sir Billtodamax cuts Sir Peter and Sir Sanity down with two quick blows of his broadsword, chuckling at the look of horror that crowns Arthur’s face.

“You... you would betray me?!” Aemoh moans, stunned by the sudden turn of events.

“Yes. Yes we would.” Sir Billtodamax says, ripping off his surcoat to reveal the insignia of Modred. “I’m sorry, Father - but it’s my turn to be King of England.” Without waiting for Aemoh’s reply, he rams his sword into the stomach of the good king.

Collapsing to his knees, Aemoh weakly flings Excalibur towards Bookworm, his last remaining knight.

“Take the sword... as long as it lives, Camelot survives.” he croaks weakly, “Run! Run! R-”

His voice is cut off as Modred and his knights move in for the kill, lashing Aemoh’s dying body with a series of brutal blows. Almost senseless with fear, Bookworm grabs hold of Excalibur, running away from the battlefield as fast as his legs will carry him, not daring to look back and witness the gruesome fate of his former king.

It takes almost fifteen minutes for Aemoh’s screams to come to an end.

Finally satisfied, Sir Billtodamax turns his blood-splattered visage to Trixie, giving the mangled body on the floor one final, contemptuous, kick.

“Mother,” he complains, “You let Gawain get away! Now we’ll have to hunt him down all over again.”

“Don’t worry,” Trixie chuckles. “I did a little... something to him before he ran away. Don’t trouble yourself with him anymore, my boy.”

“Now to discuss the business of your coronation...”
---
Sometime later, A random village near the battlefield

“No! No! Please! This must be some mistake! I’m Sir Gawain! I command you to stop!”

“Don’t listen to the ogre! Such devilspawn spouts nothing but lies!”

“Please! There must be some mistake! Please! Wait, what are you - OH GOD NO!”

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

When the flames finally die down, the villagers discover a longsword gleaming amongst the ashes of the ogre and the stake they had tied him to. Unwilling to associate themselves with what surely must be the craft of the devil, they throw the sword into the lake, where it would hopefully remain for all eternity.

Thus ends the tale of King Arthur and his knights...

The Bookworm (Knight) was lynched. Since there are 6 villagers and 5 wolves left, the wolves are guaranteed win because of their unblockable nightkill.

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM MODRED ON A FLAWLESS VICTORY!

lostlittlebear
2010-04-04, 09:28 AM
Feedback form:

1. Did you enjoy the game?
2. Would you play again?
3. Did you like the narrations?
4. Did you think the game was balanced?
5. How can I improve?

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS GAME POSSIBLE! It was an honor to narrate for you lot :smallwink:

Trixie
2010-04-04, 10:36 AM
Sir Trixie

Um, considering the role, the proper appellation would be 'dame'. And anyway, sir/dame is just knightly title, better one for Morgause should be archduchess, princess, or what the dark ages England had.

On a side note, I was sort of afraid you're going to lengthen the day again, not that it mattered as I was in the process of arranging much larger wagon push :smalltongue:

Gawain

Ironically, that would be Morgause's son and Mordred's brother, am I right? :smalltongue:

Sigh. Needs more pictures. Like this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/armyyouhave/mordred_pic2.jpg

Or even more GAR, this:

http://myfigurecollection.net/image/yakumo1254757181.jpg

As I said, needs moar Saber :smalltongue:

Zombieninja
2010-04-04, 11:09 AM
How did this happen?

lostlittlebear
2010-04-04, 11:33 AM
After the Bookworm was lynched, there were 6 villagers and 5 wolves left. This meant the wolves had a 100% chance of winning, because with their nightkill they would make the number of villagers and wolves equal. Since there was no baner, the wolves would have had no chance of their kill being denied. Rather than make everyone waiting 24 hours unnecessarily, I declared the win early. Oh, and the wolves had scried Arthur by then, so the last kill would have been him anyway.

@Trixie: Well, yes, but I was referring to you as how you were disguised - see erstwhile Sir Trixie. Sorry for the confusion!

Also, technically Gawain is Modred's half-brother, not brother. And in Thomas Malory's work Morgause is killed way before Camlann by Gaheris, her son, who catches her in bed with Sir Lamorak. /Arthuriangeek

But yes, irony in droves.

EDIT: Oh, and feedback plz! I'd like your views on how this game went.

Murska
2010-04-04, 11:51 AM
Killing Griever was a stroke of luck for us. He had already scried two wolves and was scrying a third that night. :smallbiggrin:

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-04, 12:30 PM
I did, although I mostly tried to role-play and pointed at convenient people.
2. Would you play again?
I would probably do that, nice period of time for the setting and very nice narrations.
Yup, lengthy and interesting.
Probably, the wolfs got a clean victory but I'll blame fate for that.
5. How can I improve?
Hm, don't know actually - I'm going to be unhelpful here.

rakkoon
2010-04-04, 12:32 PM
And people, I was scried by Griever, that's why I claimed being him.
I made myself a target to protect him and otherwise he had a proxy.
Hilarity and death ensued :smallsmile:

Trixie
2010-04-04, 01:46 PM
Killing Griever was a stroke of luck for us. He had already scried two wolves and was scrying a third that night. :smallbiggrin:

*Ahem* :smallamused:

Zar Peter
2010-04-04, 02:11 PM
Feedback form:

Yes

2. Would you play again?

Yes

Yes

Yes. And I knew Supagoof was a wolf. I simply knew it. I just couldn't prove it, though. :smallfrown:

5. How can I improve?

Erm... Keep on these narrations. They are GREAT. Period.

billtodamax
2010-04-04, 04:06 PM
Feedback form:

1. Did you enjoy the game? Yes, first time as a picking alpha, and I had a lot of fun with my team.
2. Would you play again? In a shot
3. Did you like the narrations? They were fantastic.
4. Did you think the game was balanced? It's hard to say.
5. How can I improve? I've no idea.

I gotta say, this really is Trixie's win. Almost every night she pointed us towards a powerrole to kill or she scried a powerrole herself. Frankly, you had a fantastic game Trixie, and I commend you on it. We certainly wouldn't have had such a clean win without you to help.

Trixie
2010-04-04, 06:28 PM

Sort of. No issues from narrator, though.

You know, watching Team Evil heroically battle the obstacles it created (which partially includes me, to be honest) was sort of amusing, but it would be more amusing to do it with less heroics and self-tripping, and more planning. That's just my 0.03 pln, though.

And, well, it is a very rare (and novel) occasion when I got to play in Team Evil. Sadly, lack of night-kill of any kind reduced my involvement considerably.

Have I mentioned I'm never a wolf, by the way? :) Yes, even in this game, I was a Devil, starting with no ties with Wolves whatsoever :P

2. Would you play again?

I don't know, really, but that's just my current RL situation speaking.

-

5. How can I improve?

Well... Mainly, the issues I pointed at the game start. I'm sort of surprised Team Good didn't attempt Arthur Spam tactic I pointed then, but then again, Ginevra was inactive until Lex took over, making it difficult, to say the least.

I gotta say, this really is Trixie's win. Almost every night she pointed us towards a powerrole to kill or she scried a powerrole herself. Frankly, you had a fantastic game Trixie, and I commend you on it. We certainly wouldn't have had such a clean win without you to help.

Yeah, yeah, I'm sooo good that you didn't took me into Team Wolf :P

Anyway, well, honestly, I don't know. Sure, managing to guess you and your team by day 3 was nice, though it was sort of wasted effort, then, all I can take credit for was pointing out Seer and Head Mason by day 5. In case you're wondering, Aemoh, we had... a few difficulties and sort of forgot to lynch you :P

Then, frankly, that was that, after my quick vacation I felt so poorly that I begun to ignore my notes plainly showing who the last masons were and blew the whole endgame :smallsigh:

So while your words are kind, I can't really take them.

You alleged "notes" are a sham. They don't exist. You just skimmed the game quickly right now to pin something on me.

Pfffft, of course they existed. I managed to expose almost entire Team Evil and Team Good thanks to them, you know :smallamused:

I was just sort of unable to publish my findings, and I had to dumb down what I could, which I hope you'll understand :P

And while I'm sorry about that bandwagon, I'd react like that every single time, no matter what my role. Try to lynch me with proper logic and I'll completely agree with you, but mostly, I'm lynched by wolves when I get too close (on some weak excuse, to boot) which just makes me sick (as it ruined a few great games to me thanks to my own team not paying attention).

Plus, I really tried to go easy on you, as I do on every new player, but you forced my hand during that day by your mostly unfounded attack - still, I have picked you as counter-bandwagon only because you already shoved very wolfy behavior, and I was 99% sure you were a not-scried villager, making you the best target.

Ironically, these "sham" notes were very useful in this regard, and even more ironically, that bandwagon was started by wolf,so I was fully justified in battling it. QED :>

Fleeing Coward
2010-04-04, 06:40 PM
The game is pretty nice but due to the circumstances, I was more frustrated than anything this whole game. Been Lancelot with an inactive Guinevere for the majority of the game, I couldn't do anything about the game even though I wanted to protect rakkoon when he claimed since it's Guinevere that controled the bane.
It's pretty much as Freshmeat said. Take out anyone who is willing to do analysis and be vocal about it and the wolves have an easy task leading the sheep at the end in almost any WW game.
2. Would you play again?
Yes
They were great.
Neutral baner lover sucks and probably tilts the game in the wolf's favour but other than that, I think it's more a case of bad luck this game than anything else - Inactive baner, anyone that might do any endgame analysis all been on the wolf side and from what I heard from Murska, Griever scrying 3 wolves but dying the night he scried the third.
5. How can I improve?
I think the neutral baner lover definately needs to be changed but I can't think of how without going against the flavour of the roles at the moment. Also I hear that only one wolf can send in the kill a night in a cycle. That could cause some huge problems if you get a few inactive wolves.

Supagoof
2010-04-04, 09:32 PM
1. Did you enjoy the game?Immensely. Flawless victory #3

2. Would you play again?Yep, even with the impanding "Kill him right away because he was a wolf last time" whiplash that goes from game to game.

3. Did you like the narrations? Loved them. LLB you write fantastic stories.

4. Did you think the game was balanced?Role wise, yes. Even the wolf kill by player list, which provided a bit of confusion for our team at times, made for an interesting twist. How many times did we ask whose turn it was LLB?

5. How can I improve? You can't.

Trixie - one thing of note. Even though you gave us Zar early, we chose to wait until Bill's turn to avoid one of us getting the "beast kill" that Arthur had. Sorry it wasn't as fast as you wanted. But you were absolutely stellar! I mean, you had all our names by night three (which put us a little on edge about trusting you :smalltongue:). Watch out for Trixie everyone. She's trickier then you'd first think.

And speaking of Zar - HA-HAAAA. You were absolutely right. Too bad you couldn't lead your troops to get me. You were wrong about me being alpha though. :smalltongue:

Murska - As always, fun to be on your team.

Fin - Now I can say I Win like Fin.

Billtodamax - Risky call in picking highly known names, but kudos for picking team awesome.

Murska
2010-04-04, 10:32 PM
Supagoof: Ya know, between this game and Spytrap I was constantly worried about accidentally sending a wrong PM to FC, since somehow you being on my side in both confuzzled things...

Supagoof
2010-04-04, 11:05 PM
It does get tricky doesn't it? :smallbiggrin:

Safe way - copy the names from PMs sent from your team, use the reply option and paste those names back in. Let's the playground keep you straight. If you don't type, you then don't type in the wrong name. :smallwink: You can always delete out the message and change the subject line, but sending a pm to the wrong person can not be changed.

Lex-Kat
2010-04-04, 11:54 PM
Feedback form:

1. Did you enjoy the game? Yes. My only regret is having not joined at the start. :smallfrown:

2. Would you play again? Yes.

3. Did you like the narrations? Loved them. I imagine that's why your having a hard time finding a co-narrator. :smallwink: :smalltongue:

4. Did you think the game was balanced? I think so. But I do agree that the Lovers/Baner roles need to be fixed. How about:

Guinevere: Baner/Lover- Every night, you can direct Lancelot on who to bane.

If Lancelot dies, you lose this ability, but do not yourself die. Essentially, the Baner is lost. And your votes are negative votes, for the rest of the game.

Lancelot: Lover/Baner- Every night, Guinevere directs Lancelot on who to bane.

If Guinevere dies, you retain the Baner ability, but can only use it once every other night.

Just a thought.

5. How can I improve? I don't think you can improve too much. Your narrations were timely, as far as I know, you made no mistakes in who died vs. who should have died. I didn't see anything that suggests you accidently sent the wrong PM to the wrong player.

6. Other notes: I would like to say that I didn't agree with FC outing us to the wolves. As far as we knew they had a 50/50 chance of getting the correct mason, and they did, killing the Baner and ensuring the wolves win.

But even if they had gone after Zar Peter during the night, they would have known who their next night target should be, because Lancelot can't protect himself. So we would have died in one or two nights, leaving Arthur and Zar Peter open to attack from then on.

I understand why FC did it. And I will take part of the blame for also pointing at Zar Peter. I didn't check the kill list, so hadn't realized we were in such dire straits. If I had, I wouldn't have joined the Zar Peter wagon. :smallfrown:

rakkoon
2010-04-05, 12:07 AM
Short but fun!
2. Would you play again?
At this point I seem to have joined a bit too many games so if you wait a little while then yes
You are one witty fellow!
No idea
5. How can I improve?
Perhaps an extra rule that players with avatars of small furry animals cannot get lynched the first five days? I think that would greatly improve the gameplay.

Trixie
2010-04-05, 04:22 AM
The game is pretty nice but due to the circumstances, I was more frustrated than anything this whole game. Been Lancelot with an inactive Guinevere for the majority of the game, I couldn't do anything about the game even though I wanted to protect rakkoon when he claimed since it's Guinevere that controled the bane.

You know, funny thing is, even despite we lucked out in killing both Rakkon and FC, I was against both, as the possibility of hitting a bane was too high.

Incidentally, that's what I meant by "heroic combat" above - had we not missed two kills taking these risks was completely unnecessary, IMHO.

It's pretty much as Freshmeat said. Take out anyone who is willing to do analysis and be vocal about it and the wolves have an easy task leading the sheep at the end in almost any WW game.

Which is why you should never lynch me :smallbiggrin:

Neutral baner lover sucks and probably tilts the game in the wolf's favour but other than that, I think it's more a case of bad luck this game than anything else - Inactive baner,

Nah, there was one very creative thing you could do, with Ginevra's help. I won't say what, though, in case GM wants to revisit the idea.

anyone that might do any endgame analysis all been on the wolf side and from what I heard from Murska, Griever scrying 3 wolves but dying the night he scried the third.

To be honest, that's mostly the thing what made Team Evil easy to guess. Though, that was small game, and I GMed games with most of them as wolves, which helped me in picking the clues.

Also I hear that only one wolf can send in the kill a night in a cycle. That could cause some huge problems if you get a few inactive wolves.

Could? :smallsigh:

Immensely. Flawless victory #3

Yeah. I still have no idea how we did it :smalltongue:

4. Did you think the game was balanced?Role wise, yes. Even the wolf kill by player list, which provided a bit of confusion for our team at times, made for an interesting twist. How many times did we ask whose turn it was LLB?

Twist? :smallconfused:

And I agree - GM, my first impression about Team Evil size might have been too pessimistic. Of course, having all the active guys on our side was massive boon.

Trixie - one thing of note. Even though you gave us Zar early, we chose to wait until Bill's turn to avoid one of us getting the "beast kill" that Arthur had.

I think you meant "Aemoh" here. And that's what I meant by "we forgot" remark - if not for these two missed kills, we would have been in position right away, not on the last night of the game :smalltongue:

Sorry it wasn't as fast as you wanted. But you were absolutely stellar! I mean, you had all our names by night three (which put us a little on edge about trusting you :smalltongue:). Watch out for Trixie everyone. She's trickier then you'd first think.

If you simply gave them to me the first-second night, that would have been 2-3 more scries, you know :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-04-05, 10:53 AM
The missed kills weren't on Bill's turn so it didn't change the order, in fact.

Anyway, I really don't feel like hitting a bane is such a big deal. As long as the villagers have no clue who to lynch, losing a nightkill is a small loss. Leaving someone alive who directs Team Good and kills wolf after wolf is much worse.

hap_hazard
2010-04-05, 07:55 PM
Yes.
2. Would you play again?
Yes.
Oh hell yes.
Think Lancelot got it tough. And need more players, maybe.
5. How can I improve?
Not sure. It was a good game.

smuchmuch
2010-04-05, 08:35 PM
I just wanted to say, as a reader, that the narrations were amazing.