2010-03-01, 03:45 PM
A friend just IM'd me this:
http://i.imgur.com/6OSWy.jpg

Starfols
2010-03-01, 03:53 PM
Throwing it at a commoner? She's a goner! :smalleek:

Flickerdart
2010-03-01, 03:55 PM
Can Summon Monster do regular animals? There should rightly be a SM0 that does this...

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-01, 04:09 PM
Can Summon Monster do regular animals? There should rightly be a SM0 that does this...

There is also SNA I, for summoing animals.

Starscream
2010-03-01, 05:20 PM
Can Summon Monster do regular animals?

Who said it's regular? Looks Fiendish to me.

golentan
2010-03-01, 05:38 PM
Oh, that poor cat. And soon to be poor waitress.

That's just messed up.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-01, 06:00 PM
I know I should be concerned for both person and animal. But I know if I saw that I would laugh myself silly and not even check if they were ok coz it'd be so funny.

Krade
2010-03-01, 07:24 PM
No, no, no, no...

It's a bag of tricks (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0130.html).:smalltongue:

thubby
2010-03-01, 07:30 PM
there's a setup to this, i know there is.

JeminiZero
2010-03-01, 07:32 PM
Alterntatively, he might be a ranger (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0520.html), and that might be his animal companion.

The Bushranger
2010-03-01, 07:37 PM
Oh, that poor cat. And soon to be poor waitress.

Cat? Nope. That's no cat.

That's a raccoon.

Presumably either a Dire Fiendish raccoon, or a hungry one.

:smalleek:

Krade
2010-03-01, 07:42 PM

That's a raccoon.

See, I thought it was a raccoon at first, too. However, upon closer inspection, I am quite sure that it is a very-soon-to-be-destroying-a-commoner cat.

golentan
2010-03-01, 07:46 PM

That's a raccoon.

Cat. Shape's wrong for a RACcoon.. And those markings do fit with the common tabby.

Edit: Evidently my common shorthand is censored. Fine then. :smallannoyed:

Phase
2010-03-01, 08:02 PM
Looks shopped.

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-01, 08:30 PM
Looks shopped.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/photoshops.png

Come one, it's just too awesome to be photoshopped! :smalltongue:

Comic courtesy of xkcd. But you should know this already.

Krade
2010-03-01, 08:38 PM
Looks shopped.

Yeah, that look on her face shows just a little too much abject horror for an angry animaly to not be flying towards her face.

Escef
2010-03-01, 08:41 PM
Cat. Shape's wrong for a RACcoon.. And those markings do fit with the common tabby.

Edit: Evidently my common shorthand is censored. Fine then. :smallannoyed:

That would be because it is also a derogatory racial term.

Magnor Criol
2010-03-01, 08:49 PM
Yeah, that look on her face shows just a little too much abject horror for an angry animaly to not be flying towards her face.

Actually I was thinking the opposite, that her face doesn't look nearly as surprised as it should given there's a tall lanky man throwing felines at her. She really doesn't look surprised at all; she could be in the middle of exhaling a sigh. For that matter, neither do most of the other customers. Wouldn't there be more reaction if a man were actually throwing a live cat over a counter in a crowded fast food joint?

It does make me think of another image I loved, though:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3564/deathfromabover.jpg
Yes, I know it's from CollegeHumor. inb4 watermark, etc. :smalltongue:

Amiel
2010-03-01, 09:21 PM
Clearly photoshopped; grown cats like that are unable to be thrown with only one hand; otherwise you'll be twisting something fierce.

There is no attendant reflection on the plastic surface of the counter.

The guy in direct view of the "cat" is clearly looking at something at a much higher height.

Most of the other customers are unconcerned, even nonchalant. Yeah, like you see thrown cats in crowded fast food outlets everyday.

rayne_dragon
2010-03-02, 01:58 AM
The whole setup looks just kinda weird and maybe like the cat's even got the wrong tragectory for something being thrown at the girl. Plus it seems extremely coincidental that the person taking the picture would have the timing so perfect as to get the cat in a nice unoccuppied space in the middle of the picture.

_Zoot_
2010-03-02, 02:20 AM
What I find sad awesome is that we got into a 'What spell/magic item are they useing to do that?' before we started discussing if it was real....

golentan
2010-03-02, 02:31 AM
The whole setup looks just kinda weird and maybe like the cat's even got the wrong tragectory for something being thrown at the girl. Plus it seems extremely coincidental that the person taking the picture would have the timing so perfect as to get the cat in a nice unoccuppied space in the middle of the picture.

I don't find that weird. Cats twist when thrown. Yes, I have thrown a cat, don't ask. As for the nice framing, that's what rapid shooting is for: my friend is a pro photographer and his camera is rigged to take 10 pictures a second to catch the right moment.

The motion blur seems about right, but I could see that being used to cover signs of shooping. The thing that makes me think not shopped (or done with a relatively big team if it was), is the several guys looking right at the cat. Either way, they would need a cat in mid air, though shopping it in afterwards would help avoid repercussions.

Amiel
2010-03-02, 02:41 AM
The motion blur seems about right, but I could see that being used to cover signs of shooping. The thing that makes me think not shopped (or done with a relatively big team if it was), is the several guys looking right at the cat. Either way, they would need a cat in mid air, though shopping it in afterwards would help avoid repercussions.

Or they weren't looking at anything at all in particular, and the photoshopper happened to have the cat fall within the sweet spot. Luck sometimes comes into play as well.

faceroll
2010-03-02, 04:50 AM
Or that in the first half second of someone throwing a cat, you don't get to react, since you aren't a highly trained ninja who is always on guard for cat attacks.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-02, 05:07 AM
Or that in the first half second of someone throwing a cat, you don't get to react, since you aren't a highly trained ninja who is always on guard for cat attacks.

You aren't always on guard for cat attacks?

How are you still alive, the little monsters should have torn you to shreds by now.

Bhu
2010-03-02, 05:22 AM
*ahem*

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT THROW CATS!!!!!

thank you

faceroll
2010-03-02, 05:23 AM
You aren't always on guard for cat attacks?

How are you still alive, the little monsters should have torn you to shreds by now.

Allergies.

Totally Guy
2010-03-02, 07:10 AM
I thought it was a face hugger from Aliens at first.

ScottishDragon
2010-03-02, 10:03 AM
*ahem*

thank you

looks like a lemur to me.

Pinnacle
2010-03-02, 10:53 AM
There are three people in this photograph who seem aware of the cat: The guy throwing it, the guy in the back who's looking at it and smiling, and the photographer (well ok, he/she's not actually in the picture) who just happened to have a camera ready at this exact moment and after winning initiative decided to ready an action to take a picture instead of any number of more reasonable reactions (such as shouting "Look out lady, the crazy man is throwing a cat at you!"--sure it's a free action, but clearly it wasn't said). The guy closest to the photographer is also looking in approximately the right direction, but it's hard to be sure since we can't see his face (plus "Hey! Look over there!" works wonders).
The victim may not have had time to do anything about it, but she should have noticed and I think that would show on her face.

I propose that those three people planned it, and that the two are posing. I don't know much about phot manipulation, so alls I got is how what's in the picture seems wrong. But I think it does.

skywalker
2010-03-02, 11:45 AM
It's a really good job, because if you look at all the people in the picture, most of them seem to be reacting to either the cat or lanky man.

However, in my personal, expert opinion, it is far more likely that lanky man has said something mildly annoying. This has caused the "ugh" response that waitress is currently in the middle of. Coffee man is not watching the cat, he's flirting with scarf girl. Leather jacket man is giving lanky man the "corner eye," while rocker dude (look at the shirt he's wearing and how his hair is pulled back) is clearly about to tell lanky man off. About the only person in the photo who appears to be looking at the cat for whom there isn't an alternate explanation is Jerome (who I have named because the 5th of his face I can see reminds me of Jerome Iginla's face), who is standing directly behind rocker dude in the line. Even he could be reading the menu, or something.

Alleine
2010-03-02, 12:20 PM
The victim may not have had time to do anything about it, but she should have noticed and I think that would show on her face.

Oh she noticed all right. She's just pretending not to notice because she's a true professional. You can totally see what she's thinking too
"Oh #&@%, not again..."
:smallcool:

Ravens_cry
2010-03-02, 12:38 PM
Oh she noticed all right. She's just pretending not to notice because she's a true professional. You can totally see what she's thinking too
"Oh #&@%, not again..."
Was she a bowl of petunias in a past life?:smalltongue:

Cyrion
2010-03-02, 05:08 PM
looks like a lemur to me.

Most decisively not a lemur. A lemur attack looks more like this:

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu48/awblakely/IMG_4084_edit.jpg

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-02, 05:10 PM
Most decisively not a lumure. A lemure attack looks more like this:

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu48/awblakely/IMG_4084_edit.jpg

Actually a lemure looks more like this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/alumni_lemure_3.jpg
(Little pink one at the side)

faceroll
2010-03-02, 05:44 PM
I think the guy in the middle of the picture, at the end of the bar with a smirk on his face, is a second photographer.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-03-02, 05:49 PM
What as awesome picture.
Wish I'd been there though . . .

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2010-03-02, 06:31 PM

That's abject horror? I've worked at a burger shop, that's the face they make when you order a burger, and ask them to hold the cheese. There's a button with a picture of a burger, but there's no button with a picture of a burger without cheese!

Also, that has to be photo-shopped, I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to try that, not to mention someone being quick enough to realize, "Holy snot! He threw a cat!" then whipping out a camera and taking a picture. Unless it was set up, in which case, they'd probably get stopped at the door with the cat.

Irbis
2010-03-10, 01:45 PM
*ahem*

thank you

You obviously haven't seen Cat Carrier, then :smallamused:

Actually a lemure looks more like this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/alumni_lemure_3.jpg
(Little pink one at the side)

Unless you have very weird monitor, it's orange, not pink.

And now you know :smalltongue:

Bhu
2010-03-10, 06:44 PM
You obviously haven't seen Cat Carrier, then :smallamused:

It matters not. I mustest defend the kittehs :smallwink:

Pyrian
2010-03-10, 07:48 PM
I love it when this thread is next to Froogleyboy's pet thread:

"I cast summon monster" :smallamused:
"I was attacked by a wild hog!" :smalleek: