PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder-summoner?

randomhero00
2010-03-01, 04:21 PM
I've seen this class mentioned a few times. I own the book, but I can't find it. Where is it? Is it a prestige class that isn't out yet? But I've seen it mentioned several times like people have already played it. /confused

deuxhero
2010-03-01, 04:22 PM
It's in some kind of beta. You can find it in the pathfinder srd (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/)

randomhero00
2010-03-01, 04:24 PM
yay, thanks! can't wait for them to come out. I've always wanted to play a class like that.

Starbuck_II
2010-03-01, 04:53 PM
I've seen this class mentioned a few times. I own the book, but I can't find it. Where is it? Is it a prestige class that isn't out yet? But I've seen it mentioned several times like people have already played it. /confused

I like it. It cast eiyth Bard progression but with a summoning class ability 3 + Cha as a standard action (ignore the errata).

GoatToucher
2010-03-01, 09:24 PM
The Paizo site has a DL for the Advanced Player's Guide teaser. The classes are substantially changed from the versions in the SRD.

Akal Saris
2010-03-02, 01:30 AM
Yeah, the final version is nerfed a bit from the SRD version, I believe - several of the spells were weakened, and there are more restrictions on the primary pet and the summoning class ability.

That said, I agree that the summoner looks like a blast to play. I love playing conjurers (and one of my main PF characters is a summoning conjurer...), so the summoner was by far my favorite of the new classes they came up with.

LibraryOgre
2010-03-02, 11:13 AM
I tried making one and gave up in disgust. The best way to think of it is the "Pokemon Trainer" class. You've got one Pokemon that stays around the whole time (that's called an Eidolon), and you can summon other Pokemon as the day goes on and your needs require (that's the Summon Monster spell-like). You have some spells, but they generally suck for a monster-summoner.