PDA

View Full Version : Gaining divine spells via feat?

Tyger
2010-03-01, 07:53 PM
Is there any way for an arcane caster to get the ability to case divine spells, as divine spells? I am aware of the Arcane Disciple feat, but that makes the domain spells available to the caster as arcane spells. Specifically looking to get into Walker of the Wastes with an arcane caster.

HunterOfJello
2010-03-01, 08:01 PM
I don't have Complete Divine with me, but does it specifically say that the Arcane Disciple spells are arcane spells?

Considering that the spells cast from the Arcane Disciple feat use Wisdom for their DC, as a DM I'd consider them to be divine spells that you've learned to cast in an arcane manner.

The idea of the Arcane Disciple feat is that you have shown a level of devotion to a god that they allow you specific spells that you can cast that you would normally not have access to through arcane means. That's the very idea of a divine spell.

*edit*

I've seen mention of a feat called Southern Magician in several places. You might want to look that up.

Tyger
2010-03-01, 08:02 PM
It specifically says you get them as arcane spells.

Claudius Maximus
2010-03-01, 08:14 PM
I believe Southern Magician would work for this. It's a regional feat from Races of Faerun.

Ernir
2010-03-01, 08:19 PM
Southern Magician is in Races of Faerun. Makes your divine spells arcane or your arcane spells divine a few times per day.

Alternative Source Spell (Dragon Magazine, can't remember the number right now) does the same as a Metamagic feat. Doesn't have the uses/day limitation, but it carries an (IIRC) caster level penalty.

unre9istered
2010-03-01, 10:04 PM
Alternative Source Spell (Dragon Magazine, can't remember the number right now) does the same as a Metamagic feat. Doesn't have the uses/day limitation, but it carries an (IIRC) caster level penalty.

#325 p61, cast as though caster level is one level lower (divine fireball from a 6th level wizard would do 5d6 damage).