PDA

View Full Version : Expedition to the Demonweb Pits Journal

Garak
2010-03-02, 07:53 AM
So my group has now begun the expedition to the Demonweb Pits. Our group's main god of war tank is DMing (this should be interesting).

The party:
-Basabar, male elf ranger lvl 11
-Aria, female half-elf monk lvl 11
-Ratty, male jermlaine rogue lvl 10 (he also has abnormally long arms and bulging eyes)
-Kell, male elf, geomancer lvl 10 (I have no idea what that is but he also has a lot of mutations and looks like Cthulu and he casts both arcane and divine spells)
-Gorok, male orog fighter lvl8 (ECL 10) - that's me

When the adventure began Basabar and Aria had returned to Denovar since Brindol is still smoking. Yes, we are continuing directly from RHoD with the same characters (well, the ranger and the monk at any rate). They went to the wizard tower to try and get the wizard to scry for the Aspect of Tiamat. When they got there, they found only Kell alive (no idea what happened). Then a vampire dropped in and told that the drow are rising up and assaulting towns indiscriminately. The vampire also turned out to be the orc they had fought alongside off so far. How he got turned into a vampire is unknown (randomness from the DM actually).

Then they went to the tavern and almost got hit in the head as a box flew through the window. In in was a jermlaine suffering from amnesia. They decided to let it tag along. Basabar threw beer on the locals when they ignored him and so found himself locked up in The Box by the local militia. These are the guys who saved Brindol but whatever.

When they went into the market place, they found an orog asking for worthy warriors to join in him and help him track down the drow raiders. So it was that our group was gathered.

We headed toward the area that had seen the most attacks and after three weeks of travel we got there. We stopped at a traveler's rest which I wanted to use as a base of operations and some time during the night we were attacked.

We saw four ogre zombies coming our way so we went on the attack. Kell quickly turned them and they crumbled into dust. Before we could celebrate four more ogre zombies appeared along with two drow barbarians.

Before Kell could further turn the undead, he was stabbed by an invisible foe and he fell unconscious (I figure it was drow poison). Aria managed to take down one ogre and a barbarian, Basabar got the other barbarian and another ogre and I took down the last two ogres (a +1 holy greatsword took them down really fast). Ratty heavily injured one of the barbarians with his sneak attack but he spent most of the fight afterward hiding in the toilet. Basabar went down to the invisible attacker (drow poison again) but I got Kell back on his feet with a vial of antivenom. He dispelled invisibility but the drow cleric casted darkness (she was inside the house at this point). Aria and me managed to grapple one another in the dark while Kell was busy casting light. Some antivenom got Basabar back on his feet while Aria and the drow cleric were going at it. The cleric went down pretty fast once we could see her.

We searched her stuff and found a letter mentioning Rule-of-Three and a bar in Sigil. I guess we'll be going to Sigil at some point. We also spotted some tracks and we're going to follow them to see where the drow came from.

I'll update this as we progress. We play every sunday so expect updates every monday.