PDA

View Full Version : RPG Web profiler is down !

zagan
2010-03-02, 11:26 AM
I'm talking about this site (http://pifro.com/pro/cview.php).

I only get an Error 404.
Does anyone know anything about it ? Will it come back ?
I've lost a lot of character, I'm currently recreating as many as possible with google cache on coyotecode but it's not easy and it take time.

I'll be gratefull for any info you could have.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-02, 12:10 PM
Just noticed that myself, figured it was a problem on my end.

I guess not.

I suppose I'm lucky since almost all of my characters for games still running are on Myth-weavers instead, with one exception.

On a possibly related note, I found a link to a/the "Serpents and Sewers Wiki" in a member's sig here on the forums, and I get the same 404 message and picture. Link. (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Serpents_and_Sewers)

Edit: It seems the whole Fax Celestis wiki is down, for me at least.

DragoonWraith
2010-03-02, 12:21 PM
The Tangled Web is down, too. But they had a message earlier about updating some software, so I figure they'll be back (currently giving an error though).

Gorbash
2010-03-03, 02:59 PM
It's still down. :(

lesser_minion
2010-03-03, 03:05 PM
I just spoke with the girl who runs it over on the IRC, and she said it's a problem on her end. It's mostly sorted and things should be back to normal fairly soon.

The same goes for Fax's wiki, which is on the same server.

Reinboom
2010-03-03, 06:45 PM
Ahk! Sorry. This'd be my site.

The server cost came up and was higher than is usual. Didn't have the funds on hand to honor it and thus the hosting company went "kapow!"

I sold some MtG cards on ebay to cover it, it should be back up soonish.

Gorbash
2010-03-03, 06:55 PM
I'm sure if you made a donation fund on your site, there would be more than enough people willing to chip in. Me first, your site is invaluable to me! :smallbiggrin:

Satyr
2010-03-04, 04:26 AM
Yeah, I would donate something as well. I like the Fax Celistiwiki, not just because of my stuff up there (the beforementioned Serpents and Sewers crap).

zagan
2010-03-04, 04:41 AM
Ahk! Sorry. This'd be my site.

The server cost came up and was higher than is usual. Didn't have the funds on hand to honor it and thus the hosting company went "kapow!"

I sold some MtG cards on ebay to cover it, it should be back up soonish.

Awesome news, thank you so much for that.
i also want to thank you for you work it's very generous of you to do all that work for the community.

So again thank you.

Gorbash
2010-03-07, 07:49 PM
Any updates on restoring the site? :smallfrown:

Reinboom
2010-03-08, 11:39 PM
After much longer pain than I had wished (grr paypal) pifro.com is beating alive again!

I'm so very sorry for the delays this has caused. :smallfrown:

JoshuaZ
2010-03-08, 11:41 PM
After much longer pain than I had wished (grr paypal) pifro.com is beating alive again!

I'm so very sorry for the delays this has caused. :smallfrown:

Seriously, put up a donation box.

Reinboom
2010-03-09, 12:06 AM
Seriously, put up a donation box.

I'm not usually comfortable with such things. There is one on the root (http://pifro.com/), and I noted that if you really want to though. :smalleek: