PDA

View Full Version : Debuffer help!

Heliomance
2010-03-02, 08:53 PM
Building a level 9 gestalt character. I've gone Hellbred (spirit aspect) with Sorcerer 4/Dread Witch 5 on one side, and I was thinking about Hexblade for the other. I don' know much about the Hexblade though, and he Hexblade handbook isn't very good. Basically, I'm trying to make a character that can debuff the enemy six ways from sunday, and if he can gish it up a bit that's a plus. Thoughts for how to build the non dread witch side? I'm sure I saw a crazy crazy debuffer build which featured hexblade somewhere recently.

Oh, we're being allowed PrCs on both sides.

Pluto
2010-03-02, 10:55 PM
Hexblade 4 with the PHB2 Spooky Shadow Panther ACF gives -2 to most things enemies do, no save.

Paladin of Tyranny (Unearthed Arcana) and Blackguard 3 give another stacking -2, no save.

Levels in Binder for the Focalor and Tenebrous Vestiges from Tome of Magic give another saveless stacking -2.

Mix and match to taste.

wizuriel
2010-03-02, 11:51 PM
I don't think blackguard and paladin of Tyranny stack since they give the exact same effect.

If gestalt you can do a bard on one side with the feat doomspeak from champions of ruin ;) Diresinger from Libris Mortis also gets some nice debuffs

Thurbane
2010-03-03, 12:25 AM
Dual Wand wielder, Wand of Ray of Enfeeblement and Ray of Dizziness. If both rays hit (and the target has no SR), he is suddenly down to 1 action per round, and his strength is reduced. More effective on melee based foes.

Also, my (1/2 finished) debuffer build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126008

Person_Man
2010-03-03, 10:57 AM
My suggestion is Incarnate. It absolutely rocks in gestalt, and has a variety of useful all day buffs and debuffs. Also, if you devote yourself to an Elder Evil, you get bonus Vile feats. Anywho, here are a bunch of options for you:

Insane Defiance feat: As an Immediate Action when you are targeted by a Mind Affecting spell or spell like ability, you can take a point of Wis damage to redirect it to another target. Elder Evils pg 13.

Abominable Form feat: Living creatures with fewer hit dice then you that can see you must Save (DC 15 + (2 * # of Deformity feats) must Save or be Shaken for a number of rounds equal to your Con modifier. Also grants +2 circumstance bonus to Intimidate. Requires Willing Deformity. Elder Evils pg 11.

Dark Speech feat: A potent low level Fear effect that loses effectiveness as your enemies gain hit die unless you take Dark Whispers. Can also raise caster level by 1, effect item hardness, or command a Swarm. Deals Cha damage to you each time you use it, Elder Evils pg 12.

Dark Whispers feat: Augments Dark Speech, making it Confuse enemies with higher HD then you. Elder Evils pg 12.

Evil Blessing feat: As a Standard Action you gain a Profane bonus to your Saves equal to your Cha score. This lasts 5 rounds. If you damage to an enemy with a Good subtype or aura, the bonus is doubled. Elder Evils pg 13.

Slave to Evil feat: Gives you evil aura. As you gain hit dice, benefits improve. Stronger aura can improve Spell Resistance against Divine spells by 5, and can prevent Divine spell casting. Requires Chosen of Evil feat. Elder Evils pg 14.

Imperious Command: When you Demoralize an enemy, they Cower for the first round and are Shaken on the next. Drow of the Underdark pg. 50.

Combat Panache: Offers several maneuvers. The main benefit is that you can make an Intimidate check (Move Action) to impose your Cha bonus as a penalty to hit against one enemy until the end of the encounter. In addition, after an enemy hits you, you can make a Bluff check to play dead. So if you’re close to death and afraid of multiple attacks before you can heal or run away, this will make your enemies ignore you for until you choose to get up. The only downside is that the feat requires 8 ranks in Bluff, Intimidate, and Perform. PHBII pg 93.

Minor Shapeshift: As long as you have any Polymorph spell of 4th level or higher memorized, you can spend a Swift Action to give yourself temporary hit points equal to your Hit Dice. Since you can use it every round, it's great for Gestalt tanks. But be mindful that you need to spend your Swift Action to use it, so it's not great if your going to need it for other things. Complete Arcane pg 45.

Obtain Familiar: Familiars share your BAB and Saves, have half your hit points, and can share spells (like Alter Self), making them amazing in Gestalt. Combine with Improved Familiar, and you get an excellent mount or tag team partner. Complete Arcane pg 81.

Divine Defiance: Burn a turn/rebuke undead use to counter a spell as an Immediate Action. You must still have Dispel Magic or the same spell available though. This is a great option for the various half casters tanks who hate magic users. Fiendish Codex II, pg 83.

Frightful Presence: Gives you a Fear aura. Draconomicon.

Strongheart Vest soulmeld: Can negate ability damage every turn. Needed if you want to use the various Vile feats above without several wands of Restoration. You can access it with feats if you don't want to be an Incarnate.

Illusion Veil soulmeld: Bonus to any Illusion spell Save DC.

Arcane Focus soulmeld: One living enemy damaged by your spell must Save or be Dazed.

Subjugating weapon enhancement: Enemy must make a DC 20 Will Save or be Shaken for 5 rounds. Stacks with other Fear effects, but not with itself. +2 bonus. Heroes of Battle pg 130.