PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e Request: Oath-Spirits

Cloaked Figure
2010-03-02, 10:26 PM
I want to incorporate positive energy spirits not unlike Soon Kim's badass Ghost-Martyrs, but I have searched and searched and I have not found anything even vaguely similar to anything resembing a positive-energy undead for any 3.5e thing anywhere.

Can I get a little help with this? :smalleek:

Geiger Counter
2010-03-02, 10:37 PM
Deathless are in the eberron campaign setting they are exactly like undead, expect they have souls, and are thus are vulnerable to energy drain. and react the opposite way undead do turning/rebuking, cure/inflict spells and (un)holywater.

Also, does anyone have an answer why the maruts have yet to invade arenal?

Saintheart
2010-03-02, 10:37 PM
Only thing I got is from the Monsters of Faerun book, specifically the good lich. Elven equivalent is a baelnorn. Good liches can't be turned by good or neutral clerics, but they can be turned or destroyed if an evil cleric rebukes or commands them. Not exactly immune to positive energy, but it's a start?

DracoDei
2010-03-02, 10:44 PM
I think there is a template "Risen Martyr"? Maybe from the Book of Exalted Deeds? I remember it being mentioned regarding the Ghost Martyr's of the Sapphire Guard in the discussion threads for the comic.

Cloaked Figure
2010-03-02, 10:53 PM
I should have figured. :smallannoyed:

Thank you for the help... I don't have anything Feyrun, Eberron, or Forgotten Realms... I try to create my own campaign settings, so I never thought those books would be helpful.

Well...

Just my luck, I guess. :smallsigh:

DracoDei
2010-03-03, 01:06 AM
What about BoED?

Cloaked Figure
2010-03-03, 01:15 AM
Book of Exalted Deeds does indeed show a deathless type... I was sort of hoping for creatures though.

DracoDei
2010-03-03, 01:22 AM
"Risen Martyr" is the thing I was specifically thinking of, which is a type of deathless I believe. It may be a creature, or it may be a template. If it is a template, slap it on a humanoid of appropriate class and level (human paladins, some multiclassed, if you are trying to actually make the Ghost Martyr's themselves). If it is a creature type, try it as is, or maybe use the extra HD option. If I am mis-remembering all this, I suggest you take some ghosts and swap them from undead to deathless (which doesn't effect the stat-block hardly at all).

Cloaked Figure
2010-03-03, 01:24 AM
Thanks. I guess I'm trying to borrow from Soon Kim's tome of awesomeness. (Seriously, reading that part of OotS, you know it's totally badass.)

DracoDei
2010-03-03, 02:01 AM
Thanks. I guess I'm trying to borrow from Soon Kim's tome of awesomeness. (Seriously, reading that part of OotS, you know it's totally badass.)
Soon Kim, Hinjo, and O-chul do indeed demonstrate the true meanings of the word "Paladin".

Saintheart
2010-03-03, 02:12 AM
Given where the request has been posted, I'm deeply surprised nobody's decided to homebrew up something for the noble gentleman ... :smallbiggrin::smallcool::smallamused: