PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Sword of Damocles - A Mount & Blade Mod

averagejoe
2010-03-02, 11:50 PM
In an attempt to be more popular with the ladies, I decided to do a let's play. It may not actually make me more popular with the ladies, but I've always found M&B to be just the right mix of sandbox and direction makes it one of the better games for roleplay, so I thought sharing the experience with people might make things more fun! There is already a Mount & Blade let's play (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120781) on these boards, but lucky for me M&B has a heavily active modding community! (Although the other LP was first, so maybe it's better than this one automatically?)

I've played a bit of native M&B, as well as a very little Prophecies of Pendor, but I have never played, and know very little about this mod. I know it has much more interactive kingdom management and the focus is more there, and I know it still takes place in Calradia. I briefly started a new game, but all I looked at was the character creation options and the world map. I'm basically going in mostly blind, and want to keep it that way, so no spoilers! I chose this mod specifically because it seemed different enough that there would be some real opportunities for screw ups on my part. :smallbiggrin:

Now for the preliminaries. For those who haven't played the game, you start out by answering a series of questions, and this makes some mechanical difference as well as some other minor things. I don't know the mechanical effects of the questions (nor did I for native, except in the vaguest sense), and I hope you choose as if you don't either! I'll be making the specific visual/mechanical choices for the most part, but I'd like the actual questions to be put to a vote.

question 1)
a) male
b) female

2) I'm coming to Calradia from my homeland, which was destroyed by the Imperial hound Legate Gauis Marius. I'm pretty sure he's coming here next! My homeland was:
a) The ancient empire of Antares
b) The wealthy republic of Marnia
c) The proud kingdom of Aden
d) The idyllic duchy of Villan
e) The fearsome Zerrikanian Sultanate

3) I am religious, I guess, and believe in:
a) The One
b) The Old Gods
c) The Void
d) Spiritual Enlightenment
e) Natural Philosophy

4) My old life was of:
a) tourneys and duels
b) intrigues
c) philosophy
d) trade

5) One day I will return to my homeland and:
a) Will have my revenge!
b) Will bring peace to the people of my country.
c) Fight! I just love war!
d) Reclaim my wealth.

The tone of this will probably be a bit silly, though I will likely stay away from the outright absurd. In the end I'll go with what seems like the most fun though!

Edit: Oh, yeah, I will be playing with the option to quit without saving turned off. Screwing up is no fun if you can fix it!

chiasaur11
2010-03-02, 11:59 PM
2) A.
3) A. Jet Li DID travel throughout the universe killing his doplegangers for omnipotence. Anyone who doubts is insane.
4) A.
5) Lemme tell ya about a fella. Lived thousands a years ago. Didn't want nothin' but fer folks to be a little bit nicer to each other. And in the end, he sacrificed himself to save us all. You know who I'm talking about: Hercules.

C. All the way.

Recaiden
2010-03-03, 01:44 AM
1) A
2) D
3) C
4) B
5) A

Mirrinus
2010-03-03, 02:25 AM
1) A
2) B
3) A
4) D
5) D

Zovc
2010-03-03, 05:15 AM
1.)b
2.)a
3.)c
4.)b
5.)a

Coidzor
2010-03-03, 05:20 AM
question 1) b) female

2) e) The fearsome Zerrikanian Sultanate

3)c) The Void

4) b) intrigues

5) a) Will have my revenge!

Lord of Rapture
2010-03-03, 07:40 AM
1. Eh, whatever, I don't feel like being accused of sexism today.

2. E, because the Arabian people are insulted by this blatant stereotyping, and we want to clear up any misconceptions.

3. C. ALL WILL BECOME ONE WITH CHAOS! ALL WILL BECOME ONE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! :smallamused:

4. C. ALL WILL BECOME ONE WITH CHAOS!

5. B. PEACE! THROUGH! POWER!

Foryn Gilnith
2010-03-03, 08:22 AM
1) B
2) E
3) C
4) C
5) A

Flickerdart
2010-03-03, 09:02 AM
This thread reminds me of how I haven't updated in months. :smalleek:

Male, Antares, Old gods, intrigues, wealth.

averagejoe
2010-03-03, 12:00 PM
1. Eh, whatever, I don't feel like being accused of sexism today.

Aw, but I put it to a vote because I didn't want to be accused of sexism! :smallwink: