PDA

View Full Version : i have a blog now!

Zain
2010-03-03, 12:55 AM
i have made a blog now

http://thoughtsonthedivinityofchocolate.blogspot.com/

is there a blog comporium in the playground?

Rutskarn
2010-03-03, 01:03 AM
Hey, another blogger who inexplicably has chocolate (http://www.chocolatehammer.org/)in the name of his site. The odds are pretty low.

We did have a log compendium at some point, but I think that one slipped off the radar a tad. Anyway, best of luck to you, and if you want, I can hook you up with a plug on Link Sunday.

Zain
2010-03-03, 06:02 PM
cool, although i must ask, what is link Sunday?

Rutskarn
2010-03-03, 06:27 PM
Well, on Sundays, I link things.

There wasn't really much of an explanation there. It's just part of my Week to Come post every Sunday: I outline the content I'm going to deliver, go over the comments of the day, and link other blogs.

Stormthorn
2010-03-03, 07:07 PM
So i never really understood this Blog thing. Is it like a journal that you post publicly? Like a Twitter page that updates less often?
Different people seem to treat their blogs differently?

Oh, and how much does it cost to run one?

EDIT: i would respond to your blog but it seems i need to be part of one of a small collection of sites that i have no incentive to give my personal information too before it will let me post. Just know that i read it.

Zain
2010-03-03, 07:43 PM
you are right on the money with the journal you post publicly, also it gives the sense that you are ranting to someone, even of no one reads it

EDIT it is free

Innis Cabal
2010-03-03, 07:45 PM
A big suggestion, not to be rude. But cap's are important. Oh so very important.

Arti3
2010-03-03, 07:48 PM
A big suggestion, not to be rude. But cap's are important. Oh so very important.
UNLESS YOU USE THEM ALL THE TIME; IT IS THE EQUIVALENT OF SHOUTING AND IS SEEN AS OBNOXIOUS BY MANY OF THE DENIZENS OF TEH INTERWEBZ. BUT I KNOW WHATCHA MEAN; PROPER USE OF CAPITALIZATION IS VERY IMPORTANT IN COMMUTING SOLELY ON TEXT.

Zain
2010-03-03, 07:49 PM
Ok then... I typed that quite fast and only checked the spelling. I am to used to IMing

Arti3
2010-03-03, 07:51 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132317

Pyrian
2010-03-03, 07:53 PM
A blog is nothing more nor less than the cheapest and easiest method of mass publication ever devised. You can "tweet" with one (sort of), you can publish whole novels with one, whatever you want, really. They're very close to free and can be accessed from anywhere that has an internet connection. Freedom of the press on an precedented scale. Notionally profound, even if mostly filled with drivel.

As you might guess, I'm rather fond of the form. :smallbiggrin:

Mostly, though, they are used as social tools, similar to forums in many respects, and overlapping with social sites in typical function. People post about what's going on in their life, and their friends comment on it. They are hardly limited to that function, but certainly the vast majority of the blogs I'm connected to serve it as their primary function. I also value mine as a repository of my own history, and refer to it frequently when I want to know about things that have gone on in years past!