PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Need Help With My Goblin(ish) Campaign

ChakraChanter
2010-03-03, 02:30 AM
So I've started this campaign off in a small town neighboring a large city about 40 miles away. Anyway, so I had Goblins attack the small town, and destroy it. My PCs took all the remaining survivors to the large city. I had the Goblins abduct a corpse (Well, they took his heart because one of my PCs interrupted them). The corpse was actually an heir to the throne of the large city. He had been hidden in the small town so no one would find him. I had thought of the Goblins performing some ritual involving the heirs heart but I can't figure out where it will go from there.

The large city has some sort of fued with the Goblins of the area, and now the goblins, somehow gaining are large amount of power, have gathered all the tribes together and are declaring war on the large city (Actually they're about 5 days travel time from the city)

I kinda want to involve kobolds in the equations, somehow teaming up with the Goblins but I can't really determine how (Maybe involving the heir's heart).

I've had the PCs infiltrate one of the goblin tribe's den to investigate the source of their power and destroy it (as it will be mostly empty because most of the goblins are already on their way to attack the large city)

My PCs consist of a rogue, a ranger, and a duskblade if it's at all important.

So do you guys have any ideas that can help me?

Irreverent Fool
2010-03-03, 05:05 AM
If you want the kobolds to team up with the goblins, I would have them together acting under the guidance of an evil dragon. Kobolds and goblins usually don't get along iirc, but kobolds will follow the guidance of the dragons they revere and goblins will usually listen to anyone that can eat them in one bite. This will give you some leeway for more sinister motives as the goblin/kobold followers/cultists may not even fully understand what they're doing or why.

You could even add in a half-dragon goblin tribal leader that acts as a figurehead under the direct command of the dragon. This would give more reason for the kobolds to be willing to work with the goblins as they may take his half-dragonhood as a blessing or portent. Bonus points if the goblin is a sorcerer. This can also serve to give the PCs that there might be more behind the attack than just normal warfare.

obnoxious
sig

ChakraChanter
2010-03-03, 05:46 PM
Thanks Irreverant Fool. Do you have any diea how I could use the heir's heart in all of this. I was thinking it could be used to perform a Draconic Rite of Passage, but that only applies to dragonwrought kobolds, so I'm back to square one. I want to add some sort of creepy factor using the heart to perform some sort of ritual, but I can't go further from there