PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Getting more spells

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-03-03, 03:13 AM
Hi all. I was wondering if there was an official WoTC feat that let you get a spell from a different class list. I remember (vaguely) a couple of 3rd party feats that would do the trick, but I want it for a possible arena entry, so only WoTC feats need apply. Thanks in advance for any help. (Oh, and if it helps at all, I'm trying to get CLW for a Dread Necro.)

Irreverent Fool
2010-03-03, 03:17 AM
Well the feat you're thinking of has been ruled to only allow one additional spells from one's existing list, which makes it useless for casters who already know every spell on their list (such as dead necro).

An easy way to get cure light wounds as a Dread Necromancer is to worship a deity with the Healing domain and select the Arcane Disciple feat (and choose the healing domain). This will grant you the spells on the Healing domain list to your spells known.

There's also Aberrant Dragonmark from Eberron which can grant you CLW as a spell-like ability.

obnoxious
sig

sonofzeal
2010-03-03, 03:18 AM
Hi all. I was wondering if there was an official WoTC feat that let you get a spell from a different class list. I remember (vaguely) a couple of 3rd party feats that would do the trick, but I want it for a possible arena entry, so only WoTC feats need apply. Thanks in advance for any help. (Oh, and if it helps at all, I'm trying to get CLW for a Dread Necro.)
"Arcane Disciple", but you need a god who grants Healing domain and is close enough to your alignment. Rainbow Servant PrC also does it, but is rather... thorny.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-03-03, 03:23 AM
Related (clarification) question: Is Dread Necros never being good one of those alignment related things you can ignore in the arena(like paladins using poison)?

sonofzeal
2010-03-03, 03:25 AM
Related (clarification) question: Is Dread Necros never being good one of those alignment related things you can ignore in the arena(like paladins using poison)?
Er, ask your DM? Heck, I'd ask your DM about poison if I were a paladin, too, though I certainly hope he'd be permissive.

Greenish
2010-03-03, 03:25 AM
Warmage has the Eclectic Learning AFC which allows learning spells from other lists. You could ask your DM if you DN could take it too, in place of advanced learning.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-03-03, 03:37 AM
Thanks for your answers everyone and sorry about the (probably only on my part) confusion. I took my line of questioning over to the Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8000098#post8000098) where it (probably) belonged in the first place:smallredface:

EDIT: And I'd also like to say that I'm still really impressed with the speed that people answer questions on this site. I'm on a few others and I can expect to wait days (minimum) for an answer to a question on some of them.