PDA

View Full Version : A Villain that lasts...

quiet1mi
2010-03-03, 11:50 AM
Instead of going the typical route of going lich, I decided that my "immortal" villain would be a Body leech found Here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040925a)....

I was wondering what I could do to optimize the leech. The only requirement is that I finish the body leech prestige class completely and as soon as possible.... I plan on using this villain against level 10-12 characters so I plan on him being about level 14 with a progression to 16.

magic9mushroom
2010-03-03, 02:51 PM
Instead of going the typical route of going lich, I decided that my "immortal" villain would be a Body leech found Here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040925a)....

I was wondering what I could do to optimize the leech. The only requirement is that I finish the body leech prestige class completely and as soon as possible.... I plan on using this villain against level 10-12 characters so I plan on him being about level 14 with a progression to 16.

Better get some kind of immunity to death effects, because Cheat Death doesn't cheat those. Also watch out for effects that drown you or give you a heart attack or, basically, any other effect that kills you without dealing damage.

PhoenixRivers
2010-03-03, 03:01 PM
Psion (telepath) will get you in as early as I can see.

At level 11, select mindswitch, and level 12-16 will be the PrC.

I can't see too many other ways to get it. Ardent could at level 13, through complex feat selection (and a 1 level dip), and would have the advantage of being able to offset the lost ML progression of the class. It'd fall outside the bounds of your needs, though, reaching full PrC at level 18.

magic9mushroom
2010-03-03, 03:28 PM
Psion (telepath) will get you in as early as I can see.

At level 11, select mindswitch, and level 12-16 will be the PrC.

I can't see too many other ways to get it. Ardent could at level 13, through complex feat selection (and a 1 level dip), and would have the advantage of being able to offset the lost ML progression of the class. It'd fall outside the bounds of your needs, though, reaching full PrC at level 18.

Psychic Chirurgery (bought from another NPC) + Overchannel/Wild Surge. You can get in at level 8 with a wilder, or 9 with a psion.

quiet1mi
2010-03-03, 09:52 PM
So... looks like my villain will start at level 12 and grow with the party until he hits 16...

Jack_Simth
2010-03-03, 10:23 PM
Psychic Chirurgery (bought from another NPC) + Overchannel/Wild Surge. You can get in at level 8 with a wilder, or 9 with a psion.

Hmm... if you're using that method, go with Erudite. Pick up Practiced Manifester, and your highest power level known keeps up with a pure-classed manifester... although the "known per day" doesn't.

Hand_of_Vecna
2010-03-03, 10:27 PM
thrallherd infinate supply of willing victims.

magic9mushroom
2010-03-04, 02:07 AM
Hmm... if you're using that method, go with Erudite. Pick up Practiced Manifester, and your highest power level known keeps up with a pure-classed manifester... although the "known per day" doesn't.

Wow, I so majorly didn't notice that (though I knew about the exploit with Ardent). With Erudite, though, there is the table, though the stupidly written text trumps it.

"Known per day" isn't all that relevant for an NPC.

Cisturn
2010-03-04, 03:13 AM
thrallherd infinate supply of willing victims.

maybe not thrallherd exactly but if you give your villain leadership, and then give her a cult that seems LG until you reveal them to be the big bad's henchman. You could even form an evil opposing party that act as recurring villains, until they eventually get absorbed for power.