PDA

View Full Version : Battles & Badges

Camelot
2010-03-03, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the world of Pokemon!

It's a sunny June day in Pallet Town, perfect for playing outside. Five friends meet in the small town's center to plan the day's activities...

WrathOfLife
2010-03-04, 06:20 AM
Black

Leaning against a tree casually watching the sky, Black day dreams about becoming a powerful pokemon trainer. Of course first he needed a pokemon, but he was sure that day would come, and hopefully soon.

He glances at the others, and randomly suggests a rather outrageous idea for an activity. "We should go play near the tall grass, maybe we'll see some pokemon fighting!"

Dwayna_DF07
2010-03-04, 10:52 PM
Ame Wxym

"Would it not be easier just to go to the lab?" queried Ame, peering coldly over her glasses at Black, as was usual for her. Ame had always been a cold, reserved character towards other humans, but when it came to PokeMon she was much more kind and caring.

"Even if we may see wild PokeMon fighting, we do not want them to jump on us. The lab should provide us with protection so that situation does not come about." Nevertheless, Ame still cared about others in her own little way, and was basically saying that they needed to be able to protect themselves better before going and wandering off into dangerous territory.

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-05, 10:20 AM
Teresa Vile

Teresa wanders over, tucking her hands in her jumpsuit's pockets. "You know, there's tall grass not far from the lab. We could head over there, and if trouble comes, run back to the lab. That'd be a good compromise, right?"

Dwayna_DF07
2010-03-05, 09:35 PM
Ame Wxym

"Very well," agreed Ame, though she pursed her lips slightly. "However if we get overwhelmed by wild PokeMon, know you were warned." In the way she always articulated her words, this was her own way of reserving the right to say 'I told you so' if they were indeed caught in a bad situation.

Though she didn't outwardly show it, Ame was actually a bit intrigued to go see PokeMon as they were in the wild rather them having them distributed by a laboratory. How would they act differently, or would they at all? Deep down, PokeMon were like humans, acting differently according to the situations that had gone on in their lives. Perhaps she would even make friends with some of the wild PokeMon that they saw, and be ale to come back to catch one later.

It was all so intriguing and exciting, Ame couldn't help but to smile a little bit, a rare thing to see around other humans.

Camelot
2010-03-05, 10:34 PM
Before the five can go anywhere, they hear a shout coming from the direction of Route 1. They decide to go see what the commotion is, for rarely does the quiet Pallet Town see any excitement. Some of the group may hesitate, for they have heard the dangers of wild Pokemon, but they head off anyway.

When they arrive, they see an old man wearing a white lab coat standing in front of about twelve Pokemon. He is shouting commands left and right, and five of the Pokemon seem to be responding to what he says. A huge battle is raging, the old man's Pidgey, Spearow, Rattata, Caterpie, and Weedle against a montage of Pidgeys and Rattatas.

Surprisingly, the old man seems to be having a lot of fun and is not worried in the slightest, despite that his Pokemon don't seem to be winning by that great of a margin. As you watch, though, you realize that the man had really had the battle won since the beginning. He set up an amazing strategy that unfolded before the wild Pokemon could tell what was happening, and before they were even knocked unconscious, the old man threw five Pokeballs at once and caught each one of the wild Pokemon. He then turned to see the five Pallet Towners watching in awe.

http://www.jacksofscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/oak.jpg

"Hello!" the old man says. Most of you probably recognize him as Prof. Oak, the world renowned Pokemon Professor whose lab is right here in Pallet Town. However, he's usually away on trips that can occasionally last years at a time. Apparently, he's back now, which can only mean one thing for Pallet Town trainers! "I didn't see you kids there," he continues. "You'll have to excuse my ragtag appearance, I was just out for a little morning battling. Well, it's nice to see young faces in Pallet Town. I'm afraid to admit it, but I believe I can tell that a few of you are the kids of Palleters I knew when they were your age! My, I'm getting old!"

Prof. Oak chuckles to himself. "But I'm sure you're not here to listen to an old man reminisce about the past. You'll have questions, I wager? At least, you very well should! At your age, asking questions is the best way to gain knowledge!" Prof. Oak seems very happy at his tidbit of wit, and gestures for you to walk with him back to the lab as you talk.

WrathOfLife
2010-03-06, 03:08 AM
Black

Black stares in awe. "That was awesome, how did you have them on the ropes like that? It was an amazing battle! One day I hope to be that good!." Black blathers on for a bit, staring at the pokemon, one pokemon the pidgey really held his attention.

girtleaf
2010-03-06, 06:59 AM
james

that was an amazing battle professor but why catch the Pokémon afterwards what will you do with some many rattatas and pidgeys

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-06, 07:41 AM
"What did you DO to get that many wild pokemon upset with you?" Asks Teresa. "They looked hopping mad!"

Camelot
2010-03-06, 09:57 AM
The professor laughs and says, "I've been doing this for as long as it looks. It's become second nature. No, I'd say even first nature!" He laughs again at his cleverness.

To Teresa, he says, "Why do you think you are warned never to go into the tall grass? Wild Pokemon are called wild for a reason. You may have heard about some Pokemon that they are more afraid of you than you are of them...I hate to tell you but that's not true. Wild Pokemon go looking for a battle." He turns to James. "I'm actually conducting a study on this behavior right now, hence my need to catch so many wild Pokemon. I hope to discover what drives them to battle. I have my theories, but..." He trails off in thought.

DrakeRaids
2010-03-06, 03:56 PM
Jake Mellor

Jake's interest was obviously piqued by Oaks comments nodded along, "Behavior huh? What kinda behaviors? How many have you caught so far? Did you see any rare ones? What ya gonna use the data for?" He asked firing off the questions rapidly without breath while peering intensely around, the subject quickly catching his interest. He wanted a pokemon himself, but noooo Auntie said. Blah blah blah. He had learned a TON since the ant farm incident. No way that kinda thing was going to happen again.

WrathOfLife
2010-03-06, 04:56 PM
Black

Seeing his chance Black eagerly interrupts. "If you want more pokemon and time to study you could give us some pokemon and we can catch the wild ones for you!." Black realizes how rude this sounds and how overtly eager he was, in fact he begins to wonder if he didn't yell when he spoke. "Sorry, I've just always wanted a pokemon."

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-06, 05:14 PM
"We really wouldn't mind helping..." Says Teresa. "I mean, if it's okay."

Camelot
2010-03-06, 11:02 PM
"Oh, I see quite many rare Pokemon," Prof. Oak says. "But my research is currently at a stage where I must remain silent on the details. There are too many in this world who could use this knowledge for inhumane purposes.

"However, it seems as if you have picked up the Mind Read ability!" he says to Black. "As soon as I saw the five of you approach, I could tell that you would be perfect candidates for another research project I'm conducting." By now, you have arrived at the majestic Pallet Pokemon Laboratory. Prof. Oak takes you inside, past rows of bookshelves, computer labs, and many of his assistants busying themselves with Pokemon related research.

Finally, you come to a room that is lined with shelves and shelves of Pokeballs. You can see Pokemon from all over Kanto, some that look very different from normal kinds. A large spherical machine sits ominously in one corner of the room, but more prominent is the boy standing with his arms folded, glaring at everyone who enters the room.

"Gramps!" the boy says. He has wild brown hair, is wearing a black t-shirt and baggy jeans, and looks about 16 years old. "It's about time! You said you'd be here a half an hour ago!"

"Oh, I did, didn't I. This old mind...but it's a good thing I forgot, otherwise I wouldn't have met these five! I'd like the five of you to meet my grandson, Gary. He's going to help me with the same research that I'm about to ask the five of you to help me with. Gary, this is..." Prof. Oak suddenly realizes that he whisked you back to his lab without even asking for your names. "Would you mind introducing yourselves?"

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-06, 11:37 PM
"Hi..." Says Teresa. "I'm Teresa V... er, just call me Teresa."

She offers a smile and a wave.

WrathOfLife
2010-03-07, 04:49 AM
Black

Smiling the whole trip Black happy introduces himself. "I'm black, pleasure to meet you." he holds his hand out to Gary for shaking.

Camelot
2010-03-07, 01:02 PM
Gary just glares at Black without shaking his hand. "Enough of the formalities, Gramps," he says, ignoring the others. "Just get to the point. Why'd you ask me to come here?"

WrathOfLife
2010-03-07, 05:44 PM
Black

Stepping forward and pushing his open hand forward so it is a few inches away from Garys face, black repeats himself. "I'm black, pleasure to meet you." There is now a slight edge to his words however.

DrakeRaids
2010-03-07, 08:58 PM
"Awesome! Research stuff!" Jake said as he promptly picked up a pokeball, with one hand without asking and began to fiddle with it while turning one of the computer monitors around and scanning over it. "I'm Jake- Jake Mellor at your service. Man this lab musta cost ton. How ya get funding for all this stuff? If we help you do we get paid! I think we should. Do your other assistants get paid. Is this gonna be dangerous? Should we talk to our folks first? You got any food around here? I'm famished."

Camelot
2010-03-07, 09:43 PM
Prof. Oak is clearly overwhelmed by Jake's questions and his grandson's rudeness. "Eh, the research and books I've published have kept me well financed, but money is not important. As for you, I'm going to do better than pay you! You see, when people decide to become Pokemon trainers, they of course have to obtain a Pokemon. Some are lucky and find a friendly Pokemon or are given one, but most have to buy their first Pokemon, which can come to a high price. You five are going to be some of the lucky ones, as I am going to provide you with a Pokemon! You won't need to be paid, since you'll win money in Pokemon battles and tournaments." He goes over to the shelves behind Gary. "I gave Gary his Pokemon just a few days ago. I'll let you each pick one from this assortment here! They're all freshly caught, so they'll obey the first trainer to send them out of their Pokeball! Go on, choose!" When you approach the shelves, you can see that the Pokeballs' tops are semi-transparent, so you can see the miniature Pokemon inside, down to the very minute details.

Gary wrinkles his nose at Black. "I heard you the first time. I know your name, you know mine. Now get your hand out of my face, Snowpoint," he says, referring to Black's white hair.

Dwayna_DF07
2010-03-08, 03:10 AM
Ame Wxym

Ame wandered off into her own little world after they met the Professor, thinking about the wild PokeMon that had swarmed him not moments ago. Her wry smile indicated that she was thinking about the warning that she had given the group, but didn't bother to say anything. hen the Professor told them to introduce themselves, she snapped back to attention and coolly responded after everyone else had.

"I am Ame Wxym," she said, a wistful quality to her voice not uncommonly heard. "A pleasure to meet you, Professor." She bowed to him slightly out of respect, and turned to look at the five PokeBalls, adamant on being the first to pick. She inspected each one individually, recognizing the PokeMon for what they were. She noticed the Charmander was oddly coloured, a sort of yellow colour instead of the regular orange, which made her think about how she was very different from her own kind as well.

"I would like this one, please," she asked nicely, indicating the PokeBall in question. "I quite like the odd coloration of this Charmander, and such a shiny coat, too." Ame smiled at the Professor thinking about her new companion and how it would grow with her with time and patience.

girtleaf
2010-03-08, 06:55 AM
James spends a long time staring at the professor to see if he was serious "well if your sure"

James spends some time inspecting each Pokémon before declaring "i'll take the Bulbasaur he is clearly the strongest"

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-08, 04:16 PM
Teresa tugs at Black's arm. "Hey, it's not important. He doesn't matter, c'mon."

Then Professor Oak's words sink into her ears. "Wait, what? Wow!"

Letting go of Black, she darts over to the pokeballs, and looks them over.

Her eyes go wide as she sees the oldest of the lot, a scarred rattata with a surly look on its face. But when it looks up and twitches its whiskers, she gets a good look into its eyes. That's all it takes.

"You! I choose you!" She stretches out a hand, pauses, and looks at the Professor who nods gently. Scooping up the pokeball she cradles it to her chest, smiling the biggest smile any of the other kids have ever seen out of her.

WrathOfLife
2010-03-08, 05:02 PM
Black

Making long eye contact with Gary, Black laughs coldly "I see, because I have white hair. Perhaps you should call me Snowpoint, because my most obvious feature is my white hair, and I should call you Rude, because your most obvious feature is a total lack of manners." Turning to face Prof. Oak Black looks self conscious and speaks "I'm sorry for my behavior, if I may, I would like this Pidgey please." Black picks up the poke'ball containing Pidgey. "I think he will be the perfect pokemon for me."

DrakeRaids
2010-03-08, 10:32 PM
Jake remained blissfully obvious too the tension rising behind him as he set is backpack onto the ground and began examining pokeball before him. Choices choices. He looked over all of them, but none seemed to fit just right. It was odd, it really was, then of course he found the Pichu. It was curled up in the pokeball, dozing obviously. It was weird having a one of those here, no one in there right mind would throw a Pichu into battle.

Hmmm.

Jake poked the pokeball which promptly toppled off the shelf and opened with a flash of light leaving the Pichu snoozing on the floor. It opened one eye irritably giving Jake an appraising glare, locking eyes with him for solid few seconds before darting away, directly into his open pack.

"Hey! Bad Pichu." Jake said reaching his arm into his pack to pull the little pokemon out, "You aren't supposed to be in there. Just wait a moment an-"

Jake was cut off as the Pichu sent out a short blast of electric energy out from his pack sending the young man flying onto his rear, blinking rapidly as he stared at his pack.

"Oh hells." He cursed , bending down and looking into the pack, seeing the pair of bright eyes gazing back at him with that same analytical gleam. He couldn't stop it as a saying came to unbidden into his mind, looking at the little mouse making daring him to try and get it out.

"When you stare into the abyss," Joshua trailed under his breath, leaving the rest of it unspoken. What was he supposed to do now?

Camelot
2010-03-09, 09:09 AM
"Rude, eh?" Gary says. He's clearly starting to get very aggravated. "You wouldn't know rude if it beat you in a Pokemon battle!" Then he smirks. "Yeah, a Pokemon battle! We'll settle this, right now, right here!"

Prof. Oak is too shocked to really do anything useful. "Gary, um, maybe not in the lab..." Gary pays him no attention. He brushes away the hem of his untucked shirt to reveal five Pokeballs, all containing Pokemon. I suppose being the grandson of a world famous professor has its benefits.

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-09, 10:18 AM
"Ooh!" Teresa finds the release button on her pokeball, and with a POOF, a confused looking rattata pops into existence. It's immediately glomped, and looks rather surprised as it briefly struggles.

Teresa holds it out at arms length, deftly dodging the claws. "Hey, easy! Now what's your name?"

It blinks back at her, weighing its options. The tail lashes back and forth, and settles as she puts it down on the ground. Then its eyes get VERY large as she pulls out a peanut butter snackpack, and pops it open, putting it in front of its nose. It digs in with relish, and she sits and pets it.

"Yeah. Okay. I think your name is Mr. Whiskers. Does that work for you?"

"Tatta!"

"I guess that's yes!"

Then she glances back in time to catch the developing drama. She sighs and rolls her eyes, and pops Mr. Whiskers back into his ball.

"Can you boys fight outside, please? There's a lot of stuff in here that could break..."

WrathOfLife
2010-03-09, 04:43 PM
Black

Laughing at the five pokemon on Gary's belt Black questions him "Your five against my one? Wow, you must be scared of me." Black then puts on his best Adult-talking-down-to-young-child-voice, "Well, you should know, that no matter how badly I beat you, I won't hurt you personally." Then he drops the voice and adds with a wolfish grin "Unless pride counts."

Black looks around at his friends, and gives a sorry smile to Teresa whom he had inadvertently ignored. "There are five of us new trainers, and you, a week old trainer with five pokemon. That seems like a fair fight, the five of us, against you."

Black shoots the good professor a quick smile "and of course, we fight outside."

DrakeRaids
2010-03-09, 04:49 PM
"Meh." Jake said, still bended over looking into his pack, watching as the pichu slowly curled itself up, still watching him with one eye, "He doesn't look like he's that good of a trainer." Jake said gesturing over toward Gary with a motion of dismissal. "Kinda wimpy actually. Why can't we fight someone cooler?"

Camelot
2010-03-09, 05:10 PM
"Sounds fine to me!" Gary says. He huffs towards the door. "I'll be waiting!" With that, he leaves, slamming the door behind him.

Prof. Oak sighs. "That boy...so confrontational..." He then looks at the five of you. "I suppose it will be a good way to test out your new Pokemon. But be careful, Gary grew up around Pokemon and studied battle tactics. He may have only recently acquired his own Pokemon, but he knows how to use them. Good luck!"

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-09, 06:57 PM
"Wait, what!?" Says Teresa, hugging her pokeball to her. "I just got Mr. Whiskers, and you want me to..."

Her face hardens. She looks away.

Then she sighs. "Rattata are tough, it's one of the reasons I picked him. Okay, sure."

Then she pouts and punches Black in the shoulder. "But you owe us ice cream for getting me into a poke-battle without asking first!"

WrathOfLife
2010-03-09, 10:07 PM
Black

Laughing and rubbing his shoulder Black says "Ok ok! I owe you all an ice cream each. I am sorry to have to bring you guys into it, I was hoping Gary would fight fair."

Black reaches over to Teresa and ruffles her hair in an annoying but brotherly way "But I have a plan to beat him."

He gathers everyone together so they can speak conspiratorially, including Prof. Oak, just because he can. "He'll probably play his pokemon all at once, one for each of us. But what we do, is team up. Teresa and I take one pokemon, Jake and James take the next one. And Ame, sorry about this, does her best to keep the others busy until we can go support her. Sound good?"

DrakeRaids
2010-03-09, 10:15 PM
Jake frowned as he picked up the his backpack while the Pichu popped its head out from the bag. "Why can't we just do this mono y mono? Seems kinda underhanded to gang up on his pokemon like that. Not as much fun either." The Pichu took offense at this promptly sending a mild shock at Jake and squeaking loudly, voicing its objections to Jakes comment, apparently quite content with taking Gary's pokemon piecemeal.

Jake just sighed and shrugged, "I'll do it if you guys want-" He said resignedly, as the Pichu shot Jake a glare before vanishing back into the pack, "But it doesn't seem right to me. What if he starts crying when he loses? Then I'll feel bad. That guy looks like he's got some major self esteem issues." he finished befoe glancing over at Oak, "No offense Prof. Sure he's great normally."

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-09, 10:30 PM
"Mmm..." Says Teresa. "He's got some time as a trainer on us. I don't think he'd let us go one on one. And you upset him, Black. He'll probably send them all at yours... Let me put Mr. Whiskers out in front of your li'l guy. Rattatas are tough! If he tries anything, everyone else can sweep in from the sides, and BLOOEY!

"But if he tries fighting one on one, then we can move ours out so that it's fair. How's that?"

girtleaf
2010-03-10, 02:31 AM
'well well' says says James slitly amused 'been a trainer for a few seconds and we already have a battle on our hands"
James turns to Oak "by the why professer would you mind telling us what pokemon Gary has the infomation could prove usefull"

Camelot
2010-03-10, 12:17 PM
"Gary has much more than five Pokemon," Prof. Oak says. "I couldn't tell you which five he'll use in this battle. Just know that although he's rash and rude, he'll stick to the rules of Pokemon battles. Five Pokemon each, no cheating." With that advice, you head outside to confront Gary.

Gary stands next to the pond near the lab. The five of you stand at the other side of the pond.

"You ready?" Gary shouts. "Go, Pokemon!"

Bulbasaur11 damage
Ref -18
Vulnerable 2 fire
Charmander17 damage, injured
Ref 13-16
Charles' Dragon's Flame
Immobilized (save ends), -3 penalty to saving throws against this effect
PidgeyFainted!
RattataFainted!
Squirtle11 damage
Fortitude -21
Vulnerable 2 grass
Map. .1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10111213141516
.A. . . . . . .f.f. . . . . . . .Jm
.B. . . . . .f.f.f. . . . . .f. . .
.C. . . . .f. . .C. .S. .f.f. . .Te
.D. . .f. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.E. . .f.f. .B. . . .f. .Bl . . .Jk
.F. . . . .Ga . . . . .P. . . . . .
.G. . . . .C._._._._._.B.S. . . . .
.H. . . . . .f.f. . . .f.f. . . . .
.I. . . . .f. . . . . . . . . . .Am
.J. . . .f.f.f. . . . . . . . . . .
.K.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.
.L.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.
.M.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.
InitiativeCharles 22
Charmander 22
Sleepy 15
Mr. Whiskers 11
Squirtle 4
Bulb 3
Black's Pidgey 3
Bulbasaur 3

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-10, 02:13 PM
Eyes wide, Teresa stares at the field and the pokemon lined up for the fight. She hugs the pokeball tight, and thus is a little startled when the others start freeing their pokemon. Finally, she tosses it out, POOFING Mr. Whiskers onto the center field as far as she can reach.

"GO! Hold them off, keep them from getting too close!"

Teresa's Battle Strategy

She'll move up a little and try to drop Mr. Whiskers next to the central clump of flowers... Ideally, at F10 or D10. Once there, he'll hold the terrain and try to beat up anything that gets too close, staying near the central flower clump at all times unless the situation drastically changes. We'll use at-will attacks to start with...

If a single enemy pokemon's advanced beyond that flower clump, then she'll ignore it and trust the others to maul it up. If more than one's gotten through, she'll abandon the flower strategy and try to drop him down next to the biggest threat, or the nearest place she can tie up two at once.

Dwayna_DF07
2010-03-10, 07:31 PM
Ame Wyxm

What a cocky kid, thought Ame disdainfully, following the group out towards the battlefield and tuning out their conversation to better listen to her own thoughts on the matter. Personally, she was cool with gaining as much experience as she could whenever it became available, and to have something happen so quickly it was simply amazing.

They all stood apart at five foot intervals, facing Gary Oak and his five PokeMon. An impressive collection he had, not to mention he had grown up knowing about them thanks to being the grandson of a PokeMon Professor. When they all stood in their positions, Ame found herself reacting to the situation a bit quicker than the others, releasing her new companion.

The yellow Charmander came out and looked towards their opponent first, then turned to see who his trainer was. After a curious moment he greeted her with a humble nod of his head before turning back to the battlefield, awaiting her orders.

"I think I'll name you Charles," she said offhandedly, before focusing her mind back to the task at hand.

"Let's rock."

Battle Strategy

Ame will remain where she is and deploy Charles at I-11, who will focus his efforts on Gary's Pidgey.
Minor Action - Dragon's Flame
Standard Action - Ember Spray
[roll0] vs. Reflex
[roll1] Damage if Hit
[roll2] Dragon's Flame with Flaming Fury

DrakeRaids
2010-03-10, 11:11 PM
"Here we go," Jake said with a sigh before tapping the edge of the bag, "Hey," he said into the bag, "Sleepy-head. Out." He didn't have to wait long for the Pichu to scramble out and onto the field. "Heh. Sleepy. I like that. Alright Sleepy, head straight in, and just kinda blow him up. You know. With electricity... and stuff." Jake said motioning toward the brewing battle. Sleepy obliged; albeit sluggishly, and maundered over onto the battle field glancing over at the targets glancing at the pidgy it flicked its ears and looked over at Jake questioningly, who nodded in return. That would be their target for now.

Sleepy, a tired looking baby one moment, suddenly burst into action dodging to the side and letting out a a few sparks at the Pidgy, doing no noticeable damage before a huge blast of lightning blasted it, rocking the entire battle ground with the cascade of thunder that deafened and blinded Jake for a moment when it hit.

Well well, Sleepy wasn't much of a pushover after all.

Marking with two charges then using Lightning Bolt
[roll0] Dex vs Ref
[roll1] for bolt strategy for damage
[roll2] Secondary Burst damage on target
[roll3] Another die for dropping two static charges on it as a free action before attacking

Well, still do half damage which is what, 12 total? Bah. Stupid bad roll.

WrathOfLife
2010-03-11, 06:11 AM
Black

Looking over the battlefield with a critical eye, Black releases his new Pidgey. (Aiming for G10)

"Lets see what they do Pidgey!"

Delaying action.
hoping the enemy will either converge or spread out more than they have. Will most likely target Rattata with ranged attacks, before moving into closer combat.

girtleaf
2010-03-11, 06:27 AM
"What" exclaimed James "no lunch first this doesn’t seem a very good battle only Black got trade insults with him
well a guess a battle is still a battle

Bulb is realised in C13 (in the flowers)
Bulb will wait to use leach seed on a Pokémon to be decided

Camelot
2010-03-11, 10:44 AM
Charles' flames would have been well aimed, if the fence hadn't been in the way. He could barely see through the pickets, and the flames caught on the fence as they passed, thus missing Pidgey.

Gary shouts to his Charmander, "Get Pichu and Bulbasaur with Fire Seed! Focus on that Pichu!" Charmander puts a Dragon's Flame on Sleepy, then proceeds to blast the entire area around the two Pokemon with a burst of flames. Both Sleepy and Bulb duck and avoid the flames. Seeing that his plan failed, he directs Charmander to move to the other side of the fence.

Gary then sends his Pidgey swooping in towards Mr. Whiskers. Pidgey's keen eyes never leave the Rattata, who is clearly Pidgey's prey. Pidgey's accuracy is deadly, and with a Rapid Flap, deals 6 damage to Mr. Whiskers.

Gary then calls out to his Rattata. You can tell now that Gary has definitely done this before, as he is giving his Pokemon commands without even thinking, five times as fast as any of you could. His Rattata leaps forward to join his Pidgey, teaming up on Mr. Whiskers. It opens its mouth for a Wide Bite, but Mr. Whiskers sidesteps to avoid it.

By now, Sleepy has charged up and is ready to unleash its Lightning Bolt. Unfortunately, this is apparently the first time the Pichu had ever attempted this, and it fumbles, shocking itself as Pichu are prone to do, granting combat advantage until the start of its next turn. The Pidgey still does take quite some damage from the attack, however.Sleepy does not gain the bonus from Bolt Strategy since Gary's Rattata is now adjacent to it, but the burst also includes Rattata. However, Rattata escapes unharmed. Pidgey takes 14 damage, though!Black's Pidgey delays, prepared to enter into the battle when the time is right.

Next, Mr. Whiskers deals with Gary's Pidgey and Rattata, followed by Gary's Squirtle and the two Bulbasaur!

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-11, 11:14 AM
"Hey! Stop that, you bird-brain!" Yells Teresa.

"Mr. Whiskers, use the wide bite thingy!"

Okay, so she's not entirely up on his moves, yet.

We'll use the at-will... I forgot the name and don't have access to it at the minute, but I know what it does. It's the Cleave equivalent. The enemy pidgey is the main target, and if it hits, then the rattata gets the Dex-mod worth of damage.

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-11, 01:08 PM
Experienced and canny, Mr. Whiskers takes the hit and draws the pidgey in as he snaps out, biting at both the bird and the smaller rattata slinking up on him!

CHOMP!

[roll0] +6

If it hits, the pidgey takes [roll]2d6[/roll} +3

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-11, 01:11 PM
OOC: Grrr... Damage if it hits, is...

[roll0]+3

So, 9 to the pidgey and 3 to the rattata.

Camelot
2010-03-11, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately, the loud CHOMP that Mr. Whiskers made was his teeth clattering only into each other. Both Pidgey and Rattata escape from harm.

"Block that Charmander from getting anywhere, Squirtle!" Gary calls. Squirtle rushes forward and headbutts Charles in the stomach, dealing 9 damage!

The Bulbasaur are next, starting with James' Bulb. Ame's Charles can take his revenge after them!

girtleaf
2010-03-12, 12:06 AM
"Bulbasaur that’s a long name isn’t it well from now on your name is bulb" said James
well bulb here is what you do

move to f,11
minor action : Leech Seed enemy squitle [roll0] vs. Fortitude

WrathOfLife
2010-03-12, 01:01 AM
Black

Seeing his chance, Black yells out "Pidgey now! Attack Rude's Pidgey! Use your rapid flap wing attack!"

Black points triumphant as he gives his orders thinking about how cool he thinks he looks, when really, he just looks really really silly.

Minor action, Birds Prey on Garys Pidgey
Move action, move to F11
Standard action, Rapid flap.

Attack roll vs Reflex (Yes, plus seven mod, +3 from Pokemon's dex, +4 from battlers wisdom.)
[roll0]
Here comes the pain! (3 dex, 1 weapon focus, 3 Wing Strat
[roll1]
[roll2]

Edit: If that misses will use the reroll power.

WrathOfLife
2010-03-12, 05:53 PM
Black

Believe it will miss and so will roll the other power.
[roll0]

Camelot
2010-03-12, 09:35 PM
Bulb's Leech Seed wraps up Gary's Squirtle, slowly starting to transfer its health to the other Pokemon.

Black's Pidgey approaches Gary's Pidgey and beats its wings at it, but Gary's Pidgey flaps out of the way quickly. He is no pushover, even with Black's intense guidance.

"Get Snowpoint's Pidgey, Bulbasaur! Don't let it go!" Gary shouts. Bulbasaur dashes up and shoots vines out at Black's Pidgey, wrapping it up and holding it in place. The vines squeeze Pidgey tightly; Gary clearly wants to get back at Black.Pidgey takes 8 grass damage from the attack, and Gary's use of Raiser's Example. Pidgey is also immobilized (save ends), and takes a -2 penalty to saving throws against this effect.Charles is up next, followed by three of Gary's Pokemon and then Sleepy!

Dwayna_DF07
2010-03-13, 05:22 PM
Ame Wxym

Ame sighed as Charles missed his target, having not thought about what consequences trying to shoot things over a fence. She turned her attention to how badly her Pokemon seemed to be fairing after that hit, and saw the immediate threat of a water Pokemon.

"Move out slightly and regroup," she called out, to which Charles obliged.

Shift to I-12 and Second Wind. If Healer's Encouragement helps in this case, then
[roll0] Improved Healers Encouragement.

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-13, 05:36 PM
Okay. Thought Teresa. This is actually a really good spot.

"Hold your ground, Mr. Whiskers! Take down that Rattata with a wide bite!"

Wide Bite on the Rattata!
[roll0] +7

Damage if it hits is [roll1] +3 to the rattata, and 3 to the pidgey.

Oh, and we'll mark the rattata while we're at it.

DrakeRaids
2010-03-13, 11:11 PM
"Come'on" Jake muttered as Sleepy darted through the battle field, well, the Pichu was making a good accounting of itself. Sorta. Maybe. If it would stop blasting its own head off. "Pichu! Finish it!" He shouted and pointed at the pidgey. Sleepy responded immediately as it the air flickered around it and unleashed another, albeit smaller, burst of electricity at the Pidgey.

Mark target twice

Thundershock
Attack:[roll0] +3 if its not adjacent to another enemy
Damage: [roll1]
Extra from mark: [roll2]

Camelot
2010-03-14, 10:25 AM
Charles moves away and concentrates on rekindling the flame inside him.

Gary's Charmander sees the clump of Pokemon on the other side of the fence and moves over to take advantage of them. He puts a Dragon's Flame on Black's Pidgey and blasts a Fire Seed at Mr. Whiskers, Black's Pidgey, and Bulb. Pidgey manages to flap out of the way though it is tied up in Bulbasaur's vine, but Mr. Whiskers and Bulb are not so lucky, taking 10 fire damage each!

Gary refocuses his Pidgey from Mr. Whiskers to Black's Pidgey, taking advantage of its immobilization. It uses Wing Batter on Black's Pidgey, slapping Pidgey hard with its wing and dealing 13 damage! It then shifts away from the clump.

Rattata tries to bite both Mr. Whiskers and Pidgey, but misses again. He marks Mr. Whiskers.

Now that Pidgey has moved away, Sleepy has a clear shot! Despite the headache from the last attack, Pichu zaps Pidgey, which faints!Charles gets a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of his next turn from Flighty Strategy.
"Gah, Pidgey!" Gary says. "How did you knock out one of my Pokemon? I must be going to easy on you. Time to kick it up a notch, gang!" He steps up to return Pidgey.

Mr. Whiskers also misses Rattata, but marks him as well. Looks like the two Rattatas are going to have a showdown.

Squirtle's health begins to get sapped by the leech seed, and it especially hurts since grass is super effective against Squirtle! Mr. Whiskers, Pidgey, Bulb, or Charles gains 3 hit points (Bulb gets to choose who it goes to). Squirtle then withdraws into its shell, focusing on defense for the moment.It uses Total Defense, a standard action that grants you +2 to all defenses until the start of your next turn. Like Second Wind, except you can use it as much as you want and it doesn't grant healing.
Up next, Bulb will decide who to give 3 hit points to, and then take his turn! Black's Pidgey, Gary's Bulbasaur, and Ame's Charles are close behind, so get ready!

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-14, 11:44 AM
"Eek!" Yells Teresa. "That really hurt! Mr. Whiskers, defend!"

Using second wind. The next successful hit against Mr. Whiskers that nails an AC 23 or less will be met with Evolver's Defense.

Dwayna_DF07
2010-03-14, 09:28 PM
Ame Wyxm

Ame thought about what she would do now that the Squirtle was hiding in its shell. Leave it alone and attack something else, she thought rationally, roaming her eyes over the battlefield. She spotted a rout e that might give Charles sight to Gary's Bulbasaur, and nodded slightly in affirmation to her thoughts.

"Move towards Black and Jake," she said, indicating the two boys, "And then move to behind the Pichu and Rattata there," she said, indicating Sleepy and Mr. Whiskers. Charles did so and faced outwards towards Gary's PokeMon, wary of the nearby Rattata that was his enemy.

"Focus your firepower on Gary's Bulbasaur, Charles," said Ame, to which the fire lizard greatly obliged.

On our turn, Move back and around to D-12, Dragon Flame Gary's Bulbasaur and Ember Spray the same Bulbasaur.

[roll0] vs. Reflex
[roll1] Damage if Hit
[roll2] Dragon's Flame

girtleaf
2010-03-15, 05:47 AM
"well" says James"lets see how your brain works bulb do want you want"

i believe pidgy was on lowest health so i will heal him for full(Draining Seed) unless someone else wants it
bulb moves to g7 (yes Rattata) and uses Toxic Leaf
attack [roll0]
damage B[roll1]
C[roll2]
R[roll3]
Note: if for any reason this doesn't work just grapple rattata

edit for color mistake

Camelot
2010-03-15, 03:10 PM
Close blast 3 means the area of the attack is a 3x3 square adjacent to you, not every square within 3 squares of you. That would be a close burst 3. Also, when you target more than one creature with a burst or a blast, you make an attack roll for each target of the attack, but only one damage roll, not the other way around. So that you don't provoke an opportunity attack, Bulb will go with grabbing Rattata, which is a standard action, Wisdom (because of Bulbasaur's feature Vine Grab) vs. Reflex.Bulb tries to wrap a vine around Rattata, but Rattata dodges and slaps back the vine.

Black's Pidgey is next, Charles' action is ready, and Sleepy is coming up again soon.

WrathOfLife
2010-03-15, 04:52 PM
Black

Shooting a grateful smile at James, Black gives his orders to his very battered Pidgey.

Pidgey, Keep it up, use Wing Batter!

Minor Action: Birds Prey on Rattata
Standard Action: Wing Batter
+3 from Pokemon's dex, +4 from battlers wisdom
Attack [roll0]
3 dex, 1 weapon focus, 3 Wing Strat, 1 (assuming round down) Offensive Strategy.
Damage [roll1]
Save to end effect, 12 or better for the win
[roll2]

WrathOfLife
2010-03-15, 04:53 PM
forgot birds prey
[roll0]

Camelot
2010-03-16, 08:51 AM
Don't forget, the Battler's Basic Instincts bonus only applies to basic attack rolls! When you use a power (any of the at-wills, encounters, or dailies), you do not get that bonus. A basic attack is just an attack, Str vs. AC, 1[W] + Str mod damage, with no special effects. You use them when you charge or for opportunity attacks. If you got a +4 bonus to every attack roll, that would be way too overpowered!Pidgey strikes at Rattata, greatly injuring it! Unfortunately, Pidgey cannot break free from Bulbasaur's Binding Vine.

Gary notices that Sleepy has gone untouched. "Bulbasaur, Vine Whip!" he shouts, pointing at the Pichu. Bulbasaur's vine lashes out at Sleepy, which just barely nicks it, dealing 8 grass damage. It maintains its hold on Pidgey.

Charles moves around the fence to fire a jet of flames at Bulbasaur. It hits, and is super effective!

"Hah, big mistake!" Gary shouts. "Charmander, get them all!" Gary's Charmander puts a Dragon's Flame on Charles and drops a Fire Seed down on the entire group of Pokemon around that area. Luckily, Bulb is the only one to get hit, taking 9 fire damage. Bulb is now badly burned and injured.

Rattata, now injured, leaps forward at Mr. Whiskers to finish him off. It uses Clenching Jaws, and scores a terrifying critical hit! Mr. Whiskers takes a whopping 18 damage, and begins to faint! Things are not looking good for our heroes!

Sleepy is next, followed by Bulb and Pidgey! Hold on, things are getting tougher!

DrakeRaids
2010-03-18, 10:49 PM
"Alright, Pichu, Paralyze that Charmander!" Jake said, still not quiet getting as much into the battle as he would like. Meh. No challenge. He knew this guy was all talk and nothing else. Maybe the next battle would be more worthwhile. Pichu complied, and moved up to fry the Charamander with a blast of stunning electricity.

Paralyzing Bolt used
Bolt Strategy applies
[roll0]
[roll1]

girtleaf
2010-03-19, 03:09 AM
"well bulb those vines weren't very successful lets try leaves" said James slightly annoyed that he was still hungry

bulb moves to g 11 and use Razor Leaf just in front of him if i read it right hitting rattata
[roll0] edit:that is likely to miss can you roll a 1d8 Battler's Tactics
[roll1]
if i made a mistake again just tackle rattata
as for the overall strategy just keep using leaves on everything he can

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-19, 05:39 AM
Teresa sweatdrops, then runs over to just within range of Mr. Whiskers, pulling him back into the pokeball. She hugs it tight, trying to project thoughts of goodwill and not fainting.

Mr. Whisker's faint save is... [roll0]

Teresa's untrained heal check is... [roll1]

Man, what a dismal showing. My poke missed 2-3 times, went full defensive to heal, and STILL got clobbered. Suckage.

Camelot
2010-03-19, 03:54 PM
Pichu steps up to get within range of Charmander and zaps it directly! The electricity surges through Charmander, making its muscles go rigid.

Teresa returns Mr. Whiskers and tries to revitalize him, but he's already used his second wind, so she can do nothing this round.

Squirtle takes more damage from Bulb's leech seed, granting 3 more hit points to distribute (which can go to Mr. Whiskers if you want to heal him up to 3 HP). It then moves around to get next to Bulb and Pidgey. It tries to headbutt Pidgey, but Pidgey flies out of reach in the nick of time! Squirtle also doesn't manage to shake off the leech seed!

Bulb shifts down next to the fence and uses Razor Leaf on Rattata. Rattata resists damage from the leaves, however.Battler's Tactics wouldn't have helped even if you had gotten an 8, so you don't expend it. Also, no mistakes, you're getting the hang of it! =)
Up next is Black's Pidgey, Charles, and back to Sleepy, with Gary's Pokemon interrupting when they do.

WrathOfLife
2010-03-20, 02:18 AM
Black

With a snarl at the persistent Rattata, Black orders Pidgey to finish it.

"Pidgey, use Rapid flap!"

+3 from Pokemon's dex, +1 offense strat
[roll0]
[roll1]
Edit: Epic....

Camelot
2010-03-20, 10:38 PM
Pidgey flaps its wings at Rattata, dealing a powerful blow to its face. Rattata falls back, fainted! Charles becomes temporarily more agile as the dragon's flame that was on Rattata bursts. Unfortunatley, Pidgey is still immobilized.

Gary growls and returns Rattata. You've got him beat by one so far! Gary takes out his revenge by shouting, "Bulbasaur, whip that Pidgey!" The vine hits its mark directly, a critical hit! Pidgey crumples to the ground.

Gary smirks at Black. "Looks like you ain't so tough now, Snowpoint!" he says. Pidgey is now fainting, just like Mr. Whiskers.

Can Charles turn the tables once more in the five's favor? And what will Sleepy do after that? Find out next time on Battles & Badges! :smallwink:

Dwayna_DF07
2010-03-21, 01:50 AM
Ame Wyxm

The battlefield was about even now, so Ame thought it might be time to take some risks. "Alright Charles, move a little closer to the enemy Bulbasaur to have a better advantage, dragon's Flame the other Charmander and then unleash your fiery fury on the Bulbasaur again."

Charles moves to C8, Dragon's Flame on the other Charmander and another Ember Spray on the Bulbasaur.

[roll0] vs. Reflex with +1 Charisma bonus for being closer to the target of my ranged attack than all of my allies.
[roll1] Damage if hit.
[roll2] Dragon's Flame

Camelot
2010-03-23, 07:43 AM
Charles tries to fire at Charmander, but misses due not only to Charmander's great reflexes but to Bulbasaur and Gary being in the way.

Charmander is immobilized, but it can still put a Dragon's Flame on Bulb and drop a Fire Seed on Charles and Sleepy. Once again, however, both Charles and Sleepy manage to avoid taking damage. It also fails to break free from the electricity that is pinning it in place.

Sleepy followed by Teresa's attempt at reviving Mr. Whiskers is up next. There is also still 3 hp floating around that can go to either Bulb or Pidgey.

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-23, 08:17 AM
Teresa's nearly in tears, as she works with the pokeball. "Please don't faint! Please don't faint!"

[roll0]

DrakeRaids
2010-03-23, 03:24 PM
Sleepy was one fire, thankfully not literally, dodging in between attacks while successfully loosing some shocks of her own. Jake grinned and directed Sleepy at Gary's Charmander, that bugger was going down for good.

"Pichu!" He shouted, "Thundershock!"

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Camelot
2010-03-24, 06:46 PM
Pichu lets loose a bolt of electricity which zips past Gary (since humans don't affect a battle enough to grant cover like other Pokemon do) and hits Charmander! Charmander begins to clearly look fatigued. Charmander is now in the yellow zone of HP!

Teresa continues to work at reviving Mr. Whiskers, but no luck. If another trainer wants to spend their turn helping, they can. However, your trainer and your Pokemon share a set of actions, so spending the necessary standard action to stabalize Mr. Whiskers means your Pokemon can't attack that turn.

Squirtle takes yet more grass damage from Bulb's Leech Seed, so now 6 HP total are floating around waiting to be pumped into a Pokemon decided by James. Squirtle lets loose a few bubbles that patch its wounds, so it isn't injured. Now that Pidgey is fainting, it focuses on Bulb. It slams its head into Bulb, getting a critical hit! The tides turn for the worse as Bulb begins to faint as well. What will James and Black do with their fainting Pokemon? Hopefully those 6 HP can be put to good use!

And to top it all off, Squirtle saves against Leech Seed. No more free damage or HP.

girtleaf
2010-03-25, 06:41 AM
Bulb you don’t look very healthy take some medicine
if possible Bulb shifts to H 12 if possible otherwise not
Bulb uses Razor Leaf in G12/13 (depends on above)
[roll0] + [roll1] if miss
[roll2]
Bulb will take the six health for himself

Camelot
2010-03-25, 07:46 AM
Even with the healing, Bulb is still fainting. It fails its first faint saving throw! If it fails two more, it will faint!

Black and Charles are next, followed by Sleepy and Teresa.

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-25, 09:01 AM
"NO!" Shouts Teresa!

Mr. Whiskers' death check...
[roll0]

Teresa's revival...
[roll1]

And if needed, spending my action point for a second revival attempt...
[roll]1d20+2[roll]

Ah forgot the closing tags. Putting it in another post...

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-25, 09:03 AM
Last-ditch revival check...
[roll0]

WrathOfLife
2010-03-25, 06:57 PM
Black

Ignoring Gary's taunts, Black races forward to check on Pidgey.

Faint check [roll0]
Heal check [roll1] untrained >.<
Also, Using pidgey's second wind, to recover 5 or so hp.

Camelot
2010-03-26, 09:19 AM
Black runs up to Pidgey and swiftly allows Pidgey to use its second wind.Pidgey is now at 5 HP, with 5 healing surges remaining.
Gary wrinkles his nose a tad, but bides his time, sending Bulbasaur after Sleepy, who is starting to bug him. "Get that rat!" he shouts, and Bulbasaur uses Vine Whip on Sleepy. Sleepy swiftly leaps out of the way, and the Vine Whip cracks only on air.

Charles and Sleepy should take their actions, Teresa is prepared to take her turn, and Bulb and Pidgey follow.

WrathOfLife
2010-03-31, 06:11 PM
OOC: Hello? Did a jiggly-puff wonder through?

Lost Demiurge
2010-03-31, 10:50 PM
Teresa is fed up. Pleading didn't work, so... She starts banging the pokeball against the ground!

"GET UP!"

Teresa's revival check...
[roll0]

If that fails, Rattata's death check...
[roll1]