PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Question about leveling up.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-03, 02:48 PM
I've spent several hours now searching for an answer to one question:

What happens when I gain a level? To be specific, what happens to my ability scores when I level up?

Are they supposed to increase as I gain levels, like every other RPG I've ever played? If so, how?

Is there something I missed? It's driving me crazy.

Sliver
2010-03-03, 02:51 PM
I've spent several hours now searching for an answer to one question:

What happens when I gain a level? To be specific, what happens to my ability scores when I level up?

Are they supposed to increase as I gain levels, like every other RPG I've ever played? If so, how?

Is there something I missed? It's driving me crazy.

Once every 4th level you get a point. PHB, sec find you the page.

Page 22. Table 3-2.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-03, 02:54 PM
Once every 4th level you get a point. PHB, sec find you the page.

Page 22. Table 3-2.

Thaaaank yooooouuuu! *weeps out of sheer joy*

Elfin
2010-03-03, 02:54 PM
Every fourth level (that is, level 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, etc.), you gain a 1-point increase to an ability score of your choice.

In addition, they can be increased with magic items (in Core, each stat has a magic item which can increase it by 4 or 6), though these bonuses remain only as long as the magic item is worn.

You can also gain permanent increases by using the Wish spell or one of six different magic tomes, which, when read, provide a permanent bonus of +1-+5 (they're also in the DMG); however, this type of permanent bonus can only increase each skill by +5.

Nich_Critic
2010-03-03, 03:11 PM
In addition, with the tombs above, you only benefit from the highest one you've used. So if you buy and use two +1 tombs of intellect, you've wasted it, since you only gain +1. Some people save their gold until they can get a higher boost for that reason.

magic9mushroom
2010-03-03, 03:21 PM
In addition, with the tombs above, you only benefit from the highest one you've used. So if you buy and use two +1 tombs of intellect, you've wasted it, since you only gain +1. Some people save their gold until they can get a higher boost for that reason.

Tome, not tomb. Tombs are where dead people (and in D&D, lots of undead people) are.