PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fonts

Lappy9000
2010-03-03, 09:09 PM
I'm working on a map and I have a bit of a dilemma; it's hard to read text. As such, I'm looking for some font that has a shadowed or glow-y effect that makes it easy to read no matter what it's up against. Does anyone know where I could find something like that? Any and all suggestions welcomed and appreciated!

Sneak
2010-03-03, 09:29 PM
Blambot (http://www.blambot.com/fonts.shtml) has all the fonts you could possibly want.

But it sounds to me that what you want is an effect, not a specific font. What software are you using for the map? I'm pretty sure all the Adobes have both glow and shadow effects.

Groundhog
2010-03-03, 10:35 PM
You can also try Dafont.com.

LemonSkye
2010-03-03, 10:48 PM
But it sounds to me that what you want is an effect, not a specific font. What software are you using for the map? I'm pretty sure all the Adobes have both glow and shadow effects.

This. Drop shadows and glow effects are added in Photoshop/Illustrator/GIMP/Whatever image editor you're using; they're not part of the fonts themselves. If you need something that's actually part of the font, you'll need to find one that has a contrasting outer stroke.

To add an effect in Photoshop, you'll need to highlight your text and choose one of the swatches in the "Styles" Palette/Panel (depending on which version you're using). Drop shadow and outer glow should both be down toward the bottom. I'm not familiar with adding text effects in any other program, but both Illustrator and GIMP should be about the same.