PDA

View Full Version : (4E) Magic Missile

Goonthegoof
2010-03-03, 09:24 PM
I remember seeing some stuff that specifically boosted magic missile, but I can't remember where from. Does anyone know of any feats/spells/items etc that specifically boost magic missile, or failing that boost force spells/at will spells?

Oracle_Hunter
2010-03-03, 09:28 PM
Bracers of Perfect Shot boost Ranged Basic Attacks - like Magic Missile.

Solid Sound is a nice feat because it gives you a defense buff every time you use a Thunder or Force attack - like Magic Missile.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Was it from a Dragon Magazine?

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-03, 09:29 PM
Bracers of Perfect Shot boost Ranged Basic Attacks - like Magic Missile.

Solid Sound is a nice feat because it gives you a defense buff every time you use a Thunder or Force attack - like Magic Missile.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Was it from a Dragon Magazine?

MM isn't a Basic Ranged Attack.

Guy
2010-03-03, 09:30 PM
The White Lotus feats give you assorted bonuses when you attack with an arcane at-will attack, like Magic Missle.

MM isn't a Basic Ranged Attack.

Magic Missle ruleblock excerpt:

Special: This power counts as a ranged basic attack. When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.

Dr.Epic
2010-03-03, 09:36 PM
In 3.5, you cast Magic Missile at the darkness. In 4th edition, darkness cast you at magic missile.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-03, 09:40 PM
I've got white lotus, it's where I got the idea from :smallsmile:
So far I have staff of missile mastery, the white lotus stuff, and being a genasi.

tbarrie
2010-03-03, 09:40 PM
I remember seeing some stuff that specifically boosted magic missile, but I can't remember where from. Does anyone know of any feats/spells/items etc that specifically boost magic missile, or failing that boost force spells/at will spells?

Staff of Missile Mastery and Master's Wand of Magic Missile, both from Adventurer's Vault, are the items you're probably thinking of. Feats that specifically boost Magic Missile are rarer than you might think: a Shadar-Kai racial feat that lets them use it as a melee basic attack and Ghost Touched, which lets it do full damage to insubstantial undead. Both are from Dragon.

Snowstorm
2010-03-03, 09:43 PM
Yep. Sadly, they don't have a Force Missile Mage paragon path yet. :)

Mando Knight
2010-03-03, 10:21 PM
Staff of Missile Mastery and Master's Wand of Magic Missile, both from Adventurer's Vault, are the items you're probably thinking of. Feats that specifically boost Magic Missile are rarer than you might think: a Shadar-Kai racial feat that lets them use it as a melee basic attack and Ghost Touched, which lets it do full damage to insubstantial undead. Both are from Dragon.

Ghost Touched is worthless for a Force mage after Paragon, where you can replace it with Inescapable Force, a PHB feat that lets all force attacks kill Insubstantial.

Thajocoth
2010-03-03, 10:28 PM
There's a level 1 Daily power from the same Dragon article as the White Lotus Academy Feats, in the same section, that puts you into a stance that lets you cast Magic Missile as a minor action 1/round. Combined with White Lotus Academy Feats, this means a lot.

I played in the builder with a build that was At-Will heavy with all the White Lotus stuff. He'd take everything that gave At-Will powers for the duration of some effect... Human for the extra feat and At-Will... Tome of Readiness... Basically as flexible as possible with At-Wills fully powered up.

I've lost the build, as I didn't save it because I never planned on playing it.

Evard
2010-03-03, 10:38 PM
Wizard's Fury :D Great spell :D

Goonthegoof
2010-03-03, 10:42 PM
I did say I had the white lotus stuff :smalltongue: