PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2: a homebrew using Dust's FF2d6 system

Sairyu
2010-03-03, 11:51 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/ViaSolaris/FFX2_banner.jpg

A fan creation based on a fan creation (FF2d6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137268)) based on a fan creation (Zodiac RPG (http://www.angelfire.com/games3/zodiac/)), I'm quite happy to bring you my take of some ideas that could (maybe) work for an FFX-2 based campaign using Dust's FF2d6 system.

Note: If Dust has any problems with this, I'll take it down as I seem to have forgotten to ask for permission to steal and modify.

Introduction and a "Brief" History: FFX-2 is the world set after FFX, where Sin has been vanquished, people are living gaily, and everything is set up for a fairy-tale ending. Well, no, not really, but I'd be lying if I said that the story is the most compelling thing about FFX-2 (spoiler: it involves giant robots and what pretty much amounts to past lives).

The thing that draws me to FFX-2 is the game play, specifically the Dress-Sphere/Garment Grid system. Just like how I loved switching my characters' jobs around in Final Fantasy Tactics (FFT) and how I enjoyed the License System in FFXI (shut up, just... shut up), I somehow managed to derive hours of entertainment switching up my party's builds. So I thought to myself, if I've gotten so much fun out of a game with this mechanic, why not port it over to my favorite system - D&D? To cut a long story/rant short, I'll just tell you that I failed both horribly and miserably. If you want to know more, I'll just say that it involved Ioun Stones and leave it at that.

After a very long time, I'm ready to try again - but this time with the different and more suitable, I believe, FF2d6 system and a resource I didn't have access to before - you, the GitP forum goers.

What this Contains:
“Sphere Hunter” job
Garment Grids, Dress Spheres, and How they Work
Sphere/sub-job change system
Sample Basic and advanced Sphere sub-jobs
Sample Unique Sphere jobs
Sample Garment Grids
Mini-games (gunner's gauntlet, sphere break, Blitzball)
Races of Spira
Oversoul
Spira's Political Climate
Locations
Beastiary
Specific Items

Subjects that are bold-ed are "complete", but will be revised later on.

Closing: Please give me any feedback that you might have about these ideas. This isn't meant to be a total replacement, but instead something akin to an expansion pack, with some new mechanics and classes. Kind of like FFX-2. :")

Edit 10/03/10: I'll be adding races and rules for some mini-games (sphere break, gunner's gauntlet, and of course blitzball). I'll also be fleshing out some concepts for the Oversoul concept and writing down some sample Garment Grids. If everything goes well, I should be done everything sometime within the next 2-3 weeks. I'll have to reorganize the posts too, it's really sloppy as is...

Edit 12/03/10: Added some unique sphere jobs and the mechanics behind that, not completely done here, and some preliminary stuff for the races. I'll be working on Blitzball now, so expect an update of that sometime soon. Racial fluff can wait. Also, I've gotta update the Garment Grid crafting stuff, so expect a revision there too...

Edit 16/03/10: Put those underlines in, working on Blitzball a bit. Scratch that, finished preliminary workings for Blitzball. It should be compatible with any other 2d6 setting. I guess I'll do the rest of the mini-games next.

Edit 20/03/10: Well, the initial bits for Sphere Break are done. I'm still working on Gunner's Gauntlet and the Oversoul mechanism though.

Edit 24/03/10: Oh this is going to take a while.

Edit 26/03/10: Oversouling and Sphere Break are done (Oversouled monster stats will be done in a separate bestiary). Gunner's Gauntlet is not. I ran a small session today with some guys and there'll be some incoming changes soon - like AP buyoff with DP and some balance tweaks. I'm not dead yet!

Edit 30/03/10: Added Oversoul and Sphere Break mechanics, still working on Gunner's Gauntlet and a Beastiary. I'm a bit strapped for time these days, so I'm not updating as much as I would like to be. I'll be adding new basic job-sphere soon, but there's loads more stuff to do.

Edit 06/04/10: Uh... I'm adding some base classes right now, tweaking things a bit. I'm trying to keep the classes different from the ones already in Dust's FF2d6 setting, so no thief/dark knight/songstress (entertainer)/lady luck (gambler). If people want them in, I guess I can do it, but I'm just ripping random ideas off the 'net right now.

Edit 12/04/10: Urgle, exams... I will return... in around 10 more days.

Edit 13/04/10: Pictures!

Edit 22/04/10: I'm not dead! Some Youth League stuff. I'll be completing it, and adding stuff for the Machine Faction/New Yevon/LeBlanc Syndicate eventually. After that, I'll update job-spheres and the sphere hunter - and then it's onto locations.

Edit 02/05/10: I'm not dead, but my computer is. I'm going to take a break before restarting most of the stuff...

Edit 08/05/10: Okay, my computer's fixed up and I'm trying to piece things together again. I should be able to start updates again by Monday.

Edit 19/05/10: I lied.

Edit 26/05/10: I'm having some problems right now.

Edit 07/06/10: Alright, everything's been more or less resolved. I'll be starting up again on this project in a few days. Sorry to anyone who'd been following this thread.

Sairyu
2010-03-03, 11:58 PM
Sphere Hunter: “…After the Eternal Calm, people found that they could now explore Spira, without having to worry about Sin. They found out that there were many spheres hidden around Spira, each with a different story to tell. In order to learn of the history of Spira, many different sphere hunters emerged.” - http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sphere_Hunters

Max Attribute Modifiers:

STR +10, DEX+10, VIT+10, INT+10, CHA+10

HP/Level: +2
MP/Level: +1
Weapons: Any
Armour: Any
Skill Points: 18
ACC Bonus: 1
EVA Bonus: 4

Epic Ability: Warp Sphere – 3DP: Instant, Self
Nobody can be fully prepared for every eventuality and, for most, there comes a time in life where things go utterly and irrevocably wrong. For a Sphere Hunter, who survives dalliances with peril only at the behest of proper preparation, there is nothing more terrifying than being caught with their pants down. In a burst of Destiny fuelled action, the Sphere Hunter moves to any point on their Garment Grid and Sphere-Change instantly, activating any nodes that might be passed along the way.

Innate Ability: Sphere-Change – Slow, Self
The Sphere Hunter switches jobs, light obscuring their form as their garments and armaments shift. They move one step in either direction along their Garment Grid. If a Sphere Hunter passes over a node by Job-Changing, the node becomes activated for the remainder of the session. Nodes cannot be activated outside of battle and become inactive if any spheres are changed (inserted, removed, swapped about, etc…). A node may be deactivated as a standard action (even outside of battle).

If the Sphere Hunter is suffering from the Seal effect, they may not Sphere-Change.

See Appendix B for more information about Sphere Changes.

Special: Sub-Job - Passive
Sphere Hunters are the only ones who utilize the Garment Grid – Job Sphere system.

They start with a Garment Grid with 2 sphere slots and a Sphere-Change node (represented by an x) between the two and 2 Basic Job Spheres. The Garment Grid progresses in a linear fashion, adding additional sphere slots and nodes in a straight line to the right. For example, the starting Grid,

[1]-x-[2]

Would add additional sphere slots/nodes from left to right in the manner,

[1]-x-[2]---[3] -> [1]-x-[2]---[3]---[4] -> [1]-x-[2]-x-[3]---[4] -> [1]-x-[2]-x-[3]-x-[4]

Job Spheres may be moved about sphere slots or replaced as a standard action.

See Appendix A for more information about Job Spheres and the Garment Grid.

Job Abilities
Garment Grid Enhancement – Out of battle only
The Sphere Hunter gains 10 points to spend to improve their Garment Grid. Points do not need to be spent immediately.
Add a node (1): Adds a Sphere-Change node between two sphere slots. A second node can only be added between two sphere slots if 5 nodes are already in existence, and a third only if 10 already exist. No more than 3 nodes may exist between any 2 sphere slots.
Add a sphere slot (2): Add a sphere slot to the Garment Grid to a max of 3 times.
Looping (2): The first and last sphere slots are considered to be connected on the Sphere Hunter’s Garment Grid. Nodes may be placed on this connection.
Node effect, spells (varies): Gaining access to a spell costs a number of points equal to triple the spell’s rank. Additionally, all prerequisites must be met as normal before the spell may be cast. For example, gaining access to Fire would cost 3 points and Firaga 9 points. However, Firaga cannot be cast unless both Fire and Fira are known by the Sphere Hunter (either from an activated node or a sub-job feature).
Node effect, enchantment (varies): Adding an enchantment costs an amount equal to the square of the enchantment’s required equipment Tier. The Indestructible and Attribute Bonus enchantments cannot be taken as a node effects.
Grid Effect (varies): Grid effects are in constant effect and cannot be deactivated. Adding an attribute bonus to the grid costs twice the desired bonus (ex. +2 STR would cost 4 points). Adding an enchantment costs 4 points per Tier. The Indestructible enchantment cannot be taken as a Grid Effect.
Other (varies): Discuss original effects and pricing with your DM.

Garment Grid Modification – 1DP: Out of battle only
For every point of Destiny that the Sphere Hunter expends, they may change up to 10 points worth of effects on their Garment Grid. Removing a node or sphere slot only refunds half of its total point value, rounding down, and removing a sphere slot also removes all associated nodes, connections, and effects. Node and Grid effects are refunded at full point cost.

Quick-Change: Passive
There is a 25% chance when activating the Sphere-Change ability that its length is reduced to that of a standard action. This ability stacks with itself and may be taken up to twice, for a total chance of 50%.

Sphere Switch: Instant, Self
The Sphere Hunter can either change the positions of any two connected spheres or replace a sphere with an unequipped one that they own. This ability may be used at most once per round, to a total number of times per session equal to the Sphere Hunter’s DEX rating.

Danger Sense: Passive
The Sphere Hunter makes a living by plundering ruins in search of Job Spheres and treasure. They roll 3d6 and drop the lowest dice roll whenever they would make an awareness check related to traps or monsters.

Scramble: Passive
Being caught off guard is more often than not fatal. A group containing a Sphere Hunter may act during a pre-emptive round when ambushed, though any who choose to do so lose their first standard action once the normal battle begins. If the acting character has and is using an ability or trait that allows them to act during the pre-emptive round other than Scramble, they do not lose their standard action once the pre-emptive round ends.

Loose Change: Standard, Special
Nothing teaches good spending habits like always being on a budget, but if there’s one thing that a Sphere Hunter learns, it’s that there’s nothing more valuable than your life – not even GIL. The Sphere Hunter scatters GIL as he flees, distracting enemies and providing the party with a +1 bonus to escape for every 50GIL that he throws. GIL must hold value to the majority of enemies in question for this ability to have any effect (otherwise the Sphere Hunter just wastes his GIL). Additionally, he gains a +1 bonus to Negotiation checks in situations where money plays a part.

Bargain: Passive
Spheres Hunters live life on a tight budget due to their nomadic habits, and their spending habits reflect it. When purchasing goods from a store, the Sphere Hunter receives a 10% discount. The Sphere Hunter gains a +1 bonus to Negotiation and Trade checks and increases their maximum inventory by 2.

Appendix A: Job Spheres, the Garment Grid, and You
Job Spheres: Job Spheres are the condensed memories of the dead, taken form in a spherical crystallization roughly 3 inches in diameter. Equipping one to a Garment Grid allows the wielder to access the special abilities native to that Sphere. When not equipped, Spheres are placed in a character’s inventory, taking up places as normal items would.

There are two categories of Job Spheres, basic, or starters, and non-basic. A Sphere Hunter begins with 2 basic Job Spheres and can purchase more at the price of 500GIL per (where available). These represent the more commonly found Job Spheres, such as warrior and gunner. Non-basic Job Spheres, such as psychic and berserker, are rarely found on sale due to their relative rarity.

While most Job Spheres are powerful devices, and rarer ones arguably more so, it must be noted that like the people that they came from, not every Sphere is useful. Joke Spheres like truenamer and otaku are sometimes found… and then discarded…

Garment Grid: The Garment Grid is an item which fulfills the same function as, say, Tinkerer’s tools, allowing the user to access its relevant ability; in this case, Sphere-Changing. Every Sphere Hunter’s Garment Grid is unique (more or less) to them, and is unusable by others. The Garment Grid takes up 1 slot in a Sphere Hunter’s inventory and can be equipped as an accessory, though there is little benefit to doing so.

Basic, unmodified, Garment Grids may be bought at stores for 100GIL. Modified and unattached Garment Grids command much higher prices, as points spent to improve a sold or stolen Garment Grid will never be refunded…

Levels: A Job Sphere begins its life at level 0 and gains EXP whenever the character that it is equipped to does. As it gains experience, it levels up, gaining a set number of Ability Points (AP) per level, which are spent to purchase abilities. This represents the Sphere Hunter being better and more easily able to access the memories within a Sphere.

Only the Job Sphere in use gains EXP when the character does and every new wielder must raise their Spheres from level 0.

A Sphere achieves levels and gains AP as follows,
{table]Sphere Level|EXP to Achieve|AP Generated
0| 0|0*
1| 1|2
2| 2 |3
3| 3|4
4| 4|5
5| 5| 6
Etc.| 5| 6
[/table]
*Basic Job Spheres begin with 2 AP. Non-basic ones do not.

AP must be spent on the Job Sphere from which it was generated until that Sphere is mastered. A Sphere’s abilities only function when that Sphere is in use.

Mastery: When all abilities on a Job Sphere have been purchased, that Job Sphere is considered to be mastered. Though it may still gain levels, there are no more opportunities to spend generated AP. As such, half of any generated AP becomes free AP, which can be spent on any of the Sphere Hunter’s other spheres or saved up for later use. Additionally, a mastered Job Sphere will provide a grid bonus when equipped to a Garment Grid. It takes about 6 levels worth of EXP to master a basic Sphere (8 SLVs and ~40* AP) and about 8 levels worth of EXP to master a non-basic one (10 SLVs ~50AP).

*8 SLVs is 38AP, but basic job spheres begin with 2, so you end up with 40AP.

Appendix B: Sphere Changes
Every Job Sphere provides a bonus to HP/MP. When Spheres are changed, those bonuses are removed and the next sphere’s bonuses are then applied. However, two exceptions apply. First, if MP is 0 before a Sphere Change, it will remain 0 after the Sphere Change, regardless of the new Job Sphere’s MP bonus. Second, if HP would be 0 or less after the new Job Sphere’s MP bonus, the Sphere Change fails.

Sairyu
2010-03-04, 12:02 AM
Some Basic Job Spheres

Gunner
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/ViaSolaris/Paintgunner.jpg
"You can't run or hide, so why bother?" – Yuna

Gunners rain lead down from a distance, twin pistols blazing in their hands. With their hawk like vision, the Gunner is able to make nearly any shot in any circumstance. Even the thickest armours are no help against their otherworldly aim.

HP/Character Level: +4
MP/Character Level: +1
Weapon Bonus: Guns
Armour Bonus: Light, Medium
EVA Bonus: 2

Mastery: +1 ACC
Innate Ability: Trigger Happy – Slow, Single
The Gunner carefully takes aim before blasting away with a barrage of shots. A single enemy is hit 2d4 times, for 1d6 damage per shot. This ability may be used a total number of times per session equal to the Gunner’s DEX rating.

Abilities: 40 points to Mastery (30/10)
Improve DEX (1): Increases DEX by 1 point; can be taken up to 5 times.
Improve weapon skill, guns (1): Improves the weapon skill “Guns” by 1 point; can be taken up to 5 times.
Improve armour skill, medium (1): Improves the skill “Medium Armour” by 1 point; can be taken up to 3 times.
Dark-Proof (2): Passive. The Gunner becomes immune to the Darkness effect
Sleep-Proof (2): Passive. The Gunner becomes immune to the Sleep effect
Trigger Happy+ (5): Passive. The Gunner adds her DEX rating to the number of shots fired with Trigger Happy, improving it to 2d4+DEX Rating hits.
Trigger Happy++ (10): Passive. The Gunner adds her DEX rating to the damage dealt per shot when firing Trigger Happy. This ability may only be learned after Trigger Happy+.
Enchant Ammunition: Standard, Single, 8MP. A single shot dealing the Gunner’s PDAM as MDAM. This ability may be used a total number of times per session equal to the Gunner’s INT rating.
Pot Shot (2): Instant, Single, 8MP. A snap shot which always hits but cannot critical; it deals 1d6 + DEX damage. Only one Pot Shot may be made per round. This ability may be used a total number of times per session equal to twice the Gunner’s DEX rating.
Scatter Shot (4): Standard, Group, 12MP+2MP/target. The Gunner makes a physical attack against every enemy that she can target at -1 ACC for every target past the first.
Table-Turner (4): Standard, Single, 24MP. A PDAM shot which ignores PDEF and deals bonus damage equal to the amount of PDEF ignored/4, rounding down. This ability may be used a total number of times per session equal to the Gunner’s DEX rating.

--------------------------------

Warrior
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/ViaSolaris/Paintwarrior.jpg
"All I need is my sword." – Paine

Warriors stride out onto the battlefield, shining swords trailing elemental fury as they cleave through enemy after enemy. Clad in heavy leathers or plate, when the going gets tough, these fighters get tougher.

HP/ Character Level: +4
MP/Character Level: +1
Weapon Bonus: Swords, Axes, Pole-arms
Armour Bonus: Medium, Heavy, Shields
ACC Bonus: 0

Mastery: +1 STR, +1 VIT
Innate Ability: Sentinel – Passive
When under 50% HP, the warrior cuts incoming PDAM by 50%.

Abilities: 40 points to Mastery (16/24)
Improve STR (1): Increases STR by 1 point; can be taken up to 5 times.
Improve HP (1): Increases HP/Level by 2.
Improve weapon skill, swords (1): Improves the weapon skill “Swords” by 1 point; can be taken up to 4 times.
Improve armour skill, heavy (1): Improves the skill “Heavy Armour” by 1 point; can be taken up to 4 times.
SOS Protect (2): Instant, Self, passive. Casts Protect on the warrior when their HP is under 25%.
Flame-Tongue (2): Standard, Single, 6MP. Deal 75% PDAM as fire elemental MDAM.
Ice Brand (2): Standard, Single, 6MP. Deal 75% PDAM as ice elemental MDAM.
Shock Blade (2): Standard, Single, 6MP. Deal 75% PDAM as lightning elemental MDAM.
Terra Blade (2): Standard, Single, 6MP. Deal 75% PDAM as earth elemental MDAM.
Demi Blade (4): Standard, Single, 16MP. Deal 75% PDAM as dark elemental MDAM.
Excalibur (4): Standard, Single, 16MP. Deal 75% PDAM as holy elemental MDAM.
Assault (8): Standard, Allies. Casts Haste, Shell, and Protect on the allied party and lasts for 3 rounds. This ability is usable once per session.

Alchemist
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/ViaSolaris/paintalch.jpg
"Is it me, or does this outfit have an Al Bhed thing going on?" – Rikku

Armed with only a gun and sheer guts, alchemists mix items in the heat of battle to fit nearly any situation. Dressed in multi-coloured leathers and decorated with multiple component pouch bearing straps, their outfits bear a striking similarity to those of the Al-Bhed.

HP/Character Level: +2
MP/Character Level: +2
Weapon Bonus: Guns, Staves
Armour Bonus: Light, Medium
EVA Bonus: 1

Mastery: +25% items used potency, rounded down
Innate Ability: Mix - Passive
Alchemists may synthesize items during battle as a long action with no penalty for “rushing it”.

Abilities: 40 points to Mastery (9/31)
Improve weapon skill, guns (1): Improves the weapon skill “Guns” by 1 point; can be taken up to 3 times.
Improve armour skill, medium (1): Improves the skill “Medium Armour” by 1 point; can be taken up to 3 times.
Improve armour skill, light (1): Improves the skill “Light Armour” by 1 point; can be taken up to 3 times.
Elementalist (4): Improves damage when using elemental damage items by 50%.
Physicist (4): Improves damage when using PDAM items by 50%.
Item Effect+ (6): Improves consumable items’ effects by 50%.
Dispel Tonic (9): Standard, Single. The Alchemist removes positive effects such as shell and protect from a target. This ability may be used a total number of times per session equal to the Alchemist’s INT rating.
Mix+ (8): The Alchemist gains a +2 bonus to synthesis checks when creating items (potions, etc…).

Sairyu
2010-03-04, 12:07 AM
Some Non-Basic Job Spheres

Psychic
"Pure energy... this is the power of human knowledge!"

Bending spoons with the mind is child’s play for a true Psychic. Harnessing the latent power of the human mind, Psychics manipulate reality about themselves in combat. Lightning tears the ground asunder, enemies turn into living bombs, and even time itself is no obstacle to these visored men and women.

HP/Character Level: +2
MP/Character Level: +3
Weapon Bonus: -
Armour Bonus: Light

Mastery: +1 INT, +1 CHA
Innate Ability: Psychic Guard – Self, Instant
By burning 120MP and a move action every round, the Psychic becomes immune to damage. However, they may still be affected by status effects. This ability may be held active for a number of rounds equal to the average of the Psychic’s INT and CHA ratings, rounded down.

Abilities: 50 points to Mastery (27/23)
Improve INT (1): Increases INT by 1 point; can be taken up to 5 times.
Improve CHA (1): Increases CHA by 1 point; can be taken up to 5 times.
Improve armour skill, light (1): Improves the skill “Light Armour” by 1 point; can be taken twice.
Fire Eater (3): Passive. The Psychic absorbs Fire based damage.
Ice Eater (3): Passive. The Psychic absorbs Ice based damage.
Lightning Eater (3): Passive. The Psychic absorbs Lightning based damage.
Earth Eater (3): Passive. The Psychic absorbs Earth based damage.
Gravity Eater (3): Passive. The Psychic absorbs Gravity based damage.
Psychic Bomb (5): Slow, Medium-Short*, Single-Group, 30MP. The Psychic concentrates for a moment, gathering energy from deep within before unleashing his fury in a radial blast. The Psychic targets a single enemy at medium or short range and deals PDAM damage equal to his level times half of his CHA or INT, whichever is higher, rounded down. Enemies within a short distance of the first target take half of the damage dealt to the primary target. This damage bypasses both ARM and the Protect effect. This ability may be used a total number of times per session equal to the Psychic’s INT rating.
Telekinesis (4): Standard, Single, 18MP. The Psychic attempts to eject an opponent from the battle. He makes an INT check, and the enemy makes an opposed STR check. If the Psychic wins, the target is ejected from battle and cannot return, assuming that attempt, for a number of rounds equal to the Psychic’s INT rating.
Brain Storm (4): Standard, Group, 24MP+4MP/target. The Psychic inflicts Confuse and Silence on all enemies for a number of rounds equal to his CHA rating – the group’s highest INT rating. If any of the enemies is immune to one of the effects, all enemies in the group are considered to be immune to that effect as well.
Time Trip (10): Slow, Self, 45MP per additional action. The Psychic hyper-accelerates their brain for the next few seconds, cramming dozens of actions into the time it would usually take to accomplish a single one. On his next turn, he may make a number of additional standard or move actions equal to his CHA rating -1. This ability may be used a total number of times per session equal to half of the Psychic’s CHA rating, rounded down.

Berserker
"No holding back, all or nothing!"

Clothed in furs and skins, Berserkers live only for the thrill of destroying their foes with their bare hands. Taking every opportunity to spill the blood of their foes, regardless of the consequences, Berserkers lose themselves so deeply within their rages that not even fatal blows can faze them.

HP/ Character Level: +2
MP/Character Level: +0
Weapon Bonus: Brawl
Armour Bonus: -

Mastery: +1 STR, +1 VIT
Innate Ability: Auto-Berserk – Instant, Passive
In battle, a Berserker is always affected by the Berserk effect. If cured, he becomes inflicted with Berserk immediately as an instant action. If immune, none of his purchased abilities from the Berserker Job Sphere function. Additionally, a Berserker may not wear armour or use magic.

Abilities: 50 points to Mastery (25/25)
Improve STR+ (1): Increases STR by 2 points; can be taken up to 5 times.
Improve HP (1): Increases HP/Level by 2
Improve weapon skill, brawl (1): Improves the weapon skill “Brawl” by 1 point; can be taken up to 6 times.
Counter (3): Passive. When hit with PDAM, the Berserker has a 25% chance to counterattack.
Magic Counter (3): Passive. When hit with MDAM, the Berserker has a 25% chance to counterattack.
Evade and Counter (3): Passive. If an attack misses the Berserker, he has a 25% chance to counterattack.
Auto-Regen (4): Passive. The Berserker is always under the effects of Regen. If the effect is dispelled, it is reactivated immediately as an instant action.
Envenom (3): Move, Self, 8MP. For a number of rounds equal to the Berserker’s VIT rating-1, their attacks are treated as though they had the poison-touch enchantment.
Frenzy (4): Move, Self, 8MP. For the next 3 rounds, the Berserker’s weapons are treated as though they had the berserk-touch enchantment.
Disembowl (5): Move, Self, 24MP. For a number of rounds equal to the Berserker’s VIT rating-1, their threat range is increased by 1 (to 11-12). If they land a critical hit, it halves the enemy’s HP after the damage is dealt, rounding up when determining remaining HP. This ability may be used a total number of times per session equal to the Berserkers STR rating.
Defence Crush (5): Standard, Single, 16MP. A standard physical blow removes Shell, Protect, and Reflect from the target. If the attack is a critical hit, it also inflicts Slow onto the target.
Howl (8): Standard, Self. The Berserker doubles his current HP. He may go over his max HP, but may not Howl if already above that max. This ability may be used up to 3 times per session.

Gun Mage
"I have a bullet for everything. Blessed silver, cold iron, plain old lead, hell, I’ve even got some kryptonite. You name it, and I’ve got it.”

Knowledge is power, and even just knowing something as simple as a creature’s species is enough. A Gun Mage’s power revolves around the identification of their foes and the knowledge of strategies and elements effective against them. Once these things are known, it’s simply a matter of finding the appropriate bullet and ending things.

HP/Character Level: +4
MP/Character Level: +3
Weapon Bonus: Guns
Armour Bonus: Light

Mastery: Scan is usable as a move action a number of times per day equal to the Gun Mage’s INT rating. Uses of the Gun Mage’s innate ability do not count against these uses and vice versa.
Innate Ability: Scan – Move, Single
The Gun Mage views information on the targeted enemy.

Abilities: 50 points to Mastery (20/30)
Improve INT (1): Increases INT by 1 point; can be taken up to 5 times.
Improve weapon skill, guns (1): Improves the weapon skill “Guns” by 1 point; can be taken up to 4 times.
Improve armour skill, light (1): Improves the skill “Light Armour” by 1 point; can be taken up to 3 times.
Killer Bullet (3): Passive. A Gun Mage attacking a scanned enemy deals an additional 25% damage on their first attack after the scan.
Killer Bullet+ (5): Passive. The damage from Killer Bullet improves to 50%.
Shell Cracker (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Helm”-type targets.
Anti-Aircraft (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Bird” and “Wasp”-type targets.
Silver Bullet (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Lupine”-type targets.
Flan Eater (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Flan”-type targets.
Elementillary (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Element”-type targets.
Killasaurus (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Reptile”-type targets.
Drake Slayer (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Drake”-type targets.
Dismantler (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Machina”-type targets.
Mech Destroyer (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Mech”-type targets.
Demon Muzzle (3): Slow, single, 12MP. The Gun Mage fires a shot dealing 150% damage to “Imp” and “Evil-Eye”-type targets.

Sairyu
2010-03-04, 12:08 AM
Unique Job Spheres
Every man and woman has a story to tell. From rank and file soldiers to cultists of terrifying esoteric orders, every soul has the potential to crystallize. Anyone with enough determination, enough regret, or even enough innocent belief can live on in Sphere format. Sometimes though, beings of unimaginable power crystallize into Sphere format. Passing away in great eruptions of power or in the silence of night, when a great hero falls, when great beasts are slain, or when ideals pass on; borne away by the shifting winds of civilizations, their memories and ideals live on – forever.

Unique Job Spheres are special in that they can’t be placed directly into a Garment Grid. In order to be able to job-change to a unique Sphere, every node on a Sphere Hunter’s Garment Grid must have been activated. Additionally, the node ability ‘unique job-change’ must be purchased for every possible existing node. A Sphere Hunter may only job-change to a unique job within combat and reverts back to one of his job spheres at the end of that combat*. All nodes are deactivated when this occurs.

Finally, unique Job Spheres are just that, unique. Though they may come in any shape or form, a Sphere Hunter may only carry one at any given time. Once the Sphere Hunter job-changes to a unique Job Sphere, he may never job-change to another unique job.

It is not recommended that unique spheres be anything more than plot devices until players reach the higher levels (20+).

*He cannot job-change out of the unique Sphere in combat and must job-change out of the unique Job Sphere after a combat. If his HP/MP would be equal to or less than 0 after the change, he instead reverts to the default Sphere Hunter class at 1HP. He may job-change to one of his Job Spheres from there.

Other Mechanics: Unique Spheres all come inherently with the ability Triple AP, gaining 3 times the AP that a normal Sphere would upon levelling up. Although this makes it easy to max out the given abilities, a unique Sphere’s final abilities, such as break damage limit, would be unlocked via plot items.

Many unique Spheres are comprised of several component parts, each one past the first having a standard action which is taken on the Sphere Hunter’s turn. For example, if the Job had 2 components, the Sphere Hunter would get 2 standard actions and 1 move action on his turn, and if it had 3, then 3 standard actions and 1 move action. Each part also gives the Sphere Hunter a 50% increase in maximum HP/MP while using the unique Job*. Finally, each part counts as an additional target for group spells, so a Sphere with 2 parts would be healed twice by Curaga and damaged twice by Firaga.

*This bonus HP/MP is lost first and recovered last. It is not counted when applying initial job-change HP/MP loss/gain effects. Bonus HP/MP is rounded down.

Sample Unique Spheres

Saint
“All souls cry out for salvation.”

On wings of fire, a holy being is borne into this world. Clouds part and the sun shines down upon her brow, alight with the purity of her faith. A sword rests in her hand and hushed silence settles over the land as she swings it, each stroke a display of utter mastery. Enemies fall to their knees before her, all of their sins forgiven as they cry out in rapturous joy, and her allies rejoice, bathing in the radiance that she exudes.

HP/Character Level: 6
MP/Character Level: 4
Weapon Bonus: Swords, Pole-arms
Armour Bonus: Light, Medium, Heavy
ACC Bonus: 2
EVA Bonus: 6

Number of Parts: 1
Special: A Saint is permanently hasted, can fly, and takes no damage from Holy elemental attacks. The Saint Sphere cannot be used by a character with neutral or shadow affiliation.
Mastery: Once per round, whenever a Fiend or unsent is slain or purified, the Sphere Hunter may immediately take a standard action.
Innate Ability: Salvation – Single, Instant
The mere presence of a Saint lifts the hearts of the righteous, inspiring them to true greatness. A number of times per session equal to her CHA modifier, the Saint may add 1d6+2 to the result of any dice roll thrown.

Abilities: 60 points to Mastery (35/25)
Improve STR (1): Increases STR by 1 point; can be taken up to 5 times.
Improve DEX (1): Increases DEX by 2 points; can be taken up to 5 times.
Improve CHA (1): Increases CHA by 2 points; can be taken twice.
Armour Mastery (1): Increase all armour skills by 1 point; can be taken up to 5 times.
Weapon Mastery (1): Increases sword and pole-arm weapon skills by 1 point; can be taken up to 5 times.
Armoured with Faith (2): Passive. Reduce any damage dealt to the Saint by 20 points.
Armed with Faith (3): Passive. On any attack, the Saint deals an additional 20 Holy damage.
Unfettered (5): Passive. The Saint becomes immune to the Slow, Seal, and Stop effects.
Holy Blade (3): Passive. The Saint’s weapon is considered to be silence-touch.

Smite (5): Standard, 25MP. An attack which can be made at most once per round and that has a bonus to ACC and STR equal to the Saint’s CHA rating.
Sanctuary (10): Long, 100MP. The entire party receives the effects of regen, shell, and protect for the next 3 rounds.
Redemption (5): Group, standard, 40MP. When an unsent or Fiend is at critical (25% or less) HP, Redemption has a 50% to purify them (mechanically, this is the same as an instant death effect). For every monster that is purified in this way, the Saint and all their allies, have 10% of their maximum HP and MP restored. Gained HP/MP cannot put them over their maximums.
Cure III (3): Single, standard, 40MP. Heals a target for INTx4+2d6 HP.
Esuna (2): Single, standard, 60MP. Removes negative status ailments.

Break Damage Limit: Passive. As the enchantment. Unlocked by the Book of Numbers.
Double HP: Passive. Doubles the Saint’s maximum HP. Unlocked by the Book of Kings.
Exorcism: Group, long range, long. Any unsent, ghost, demon, or undead typed monsters are instantly destroyed, as per an instant death effect. Unlocked by the Book of Judges.

Impure Prince
“How I shall delight to watch you die. Each excruciation ecstasy!”

His essence is depravity, and all who gather about this bloated creature can feel it to their souls. Once sealed deep in the earth behind a wall of brick, he walks the lands once again, and where he goes, laughter turns to the raspy scraping of chitin and the land rots from the inside out.

HP/Character Level: 2
MP/Character Level: 4
Weapon Bonus: -
Armour Bonus: -
ACC Bonus: 2
EVA Bonus: 6

Number of Parts: 2
Special: The Impure Prince Sphere cannot be used by a character with holy affiliation. A neutral character that uses the Impure Prince sphere has their affiliation immediately shifted 1 point towards shadow. Additionally, every 3rd round a character remains an Impure Prince shifts their affiliation 1 point towards shadow.
Mastery: The Sphere Hunter can spend 1DP to shift his affiliation 1 point towards holy. He may also shift his affiliation 1 point towards shadow to gain 1DP.
Innate Ability: Necrotic Presence – Group, Passive
Down to the fibres of his being, the Impure Prince is an entity of entropy and degradation. Wherever he walks, life ebbs, where his shadow falls, unnameable things dance, and every breath that he draws is an affront to all things living. Every round, all living enemies within a medium distance to the Impure Prince are inflicted by a random status ailment from the following list. The resist DC is 5+ the Impure Prince’s CHA rating.

Poison
Seal
Slow
Curse
Confusion
Blind

If the target is already suffering from, or is immune to, the rolled effect, nothing happens.

Abilities: 60 points to Mastery (30/30)
Improve CHA (1): Increases CHA by 2 points; can be taken up to 5 times.
Malleable Flesh (3): The Impure Prince counts as 1 target instead of 2 whenever it would be beneficial for him.
Status Immunity (7): The Impure Prince is immune to all status effects, even beneficial ones.
Necrotic Presence II (5): The Impure Prince rolls 2 dice for each enemy and picks which result to use when determining the status effect being inflicted by Necrotic Presence.
Necrotic Presence III (10): The Impure Prince now inflicts up to 2 status effects per round, using both dice results. Additionally, he may substitute a roll of 6 with the effect Fear and a roll of 1 with the effect Sleep.

Contagion (5): Group, standard, resist 13, 110MP. The Impure Prince casts an improved version of Bio on all enemies which deals INTx5+2d6 damage and inflicts the status effect Poison.
Necrosis (5): Single, standard, resist 14, 100MP. The Impure Prince inflicts the Zombie effect and then casts Regen on an unfortunate target. The resist is only made once, preventing either both effects or neither. If the Zombie status effect is removed, the Regen effect ends as well.
Nightmare (10): Group, medium range, long, resist 14, 170MP. The Impure Prince inflicts the statuses Sleep and Doom on any foe within the effects of his Necrotic Presence.
Malaise (10): Single, standard, 70MP. The Impure prince inflicts damage to an enemy equal to his CHA rating x his INT +2d6. He regains HP/MP equal to the HP/MP lost by the target.

Break Damage Limit: Passive. As the enchantment. Unlocked by the stone Capricorn.
Double HP: Passive. Doubles the Impure Prince’s maximum HP. Unlocked by the stone Virgo.
Blight: Group, long range, long. The Impure Prince deals CHAx8+2d6 shadow damage to all enemies. Additionally, for the rest of the battle, his status effects cannot be resisted. Using Blight shifts a character’s affiliation 1 point towards shadow. Unlocked by the stone Scorpio.

More to come~

Sairyu
2010-03-12, 05:03 PM
Sample Garment Grids
Here are some Garment Grids from the game. I didn’t do all of them because there’re like 60 of them, and this isn’t really all the important overall. I broke each entry down into the following format: title, brief description, the grid, node/grid effects, and a point breakdown.

You may see that the point costs are high – but it’s okay! Remember, a Sphere Hunter can cannibalize another Garment Grid for additional (crafting) points. They only (really) need to take the Garment Grid Enhancement ability once or twice. DMs are encouraged to include less valuable Garment Grids from time to time in treasure for this purpose as well as to add some verisimilitude. I mean, Sphere Hunters do die from time to time, and Fiends probably won’t be picking up their Grids. Unless you want to see gunner flans or something I guess...

Other: I’ll be revisiting the creation modification system soon. I’m not exactly happy with it right now.

Covetous
Shaped in the manner of a snake devouring its own tail, three slots puncture the serpent’s form.

-[1]-a-[2]-b-[3]-

a: cast Osmose (12)
b: cast Drain (6)

Grid Effects: -
Point Breakdown: 23 = +2 (+1 Sphere Slot) +1 (+1 node) +2 (looping) +12 (Osmose) +6 (Drain)

Unerring Path
Though it seems like any other starters’ Garment Grid, there is something unusual about it.

[1]-a-[2]

a: Enables job-change to unique Job Spheres.

Grid Effects: -
Point Breakdown: 25 (unique job-change ability)

Bitter Farewell
Four diamond tears can be seen between sphere slots, glimmering with a reserved elegance.

[1]-a-[2]-b-[3]-c-[4]-d-[5]

a: -
c: doomproof (9)
b: -
d: doomtouch (4)

Grid Effects: cast Doom (6)
Point Breakdown: 28 = +6 (+3 Sphere Slots) +3 (+3 nodes) +6 (Doom) +9 (doomproof) +4 (doomtouch)

Higher Power
The sphere slots form a cross when connected, but not a single effect node can be found.

[1]---[2]---[3]---[4]

Grid Effects: Break Damage Limit (64)
Point Breakdown: 35 = +4 (+2 Sphere Slots) –1 (-1 node) +32 (Break Damage Limit)

Heart of Flame
This red Garment Grid is hot to the touch.

c-[1]-a-[2]-b-[3]-c

a: cast Fira (6)
b: cast Firaga (9)
c: gain the Firestrike property (9)

Grid Effects: cast Fire (3), Fireproof (16)
Point Breakdown: 49 = +2 (+1 Sphere Slot) +2 (+2 nodes) +2 (looping) +6 (Fira) +9 (Firaga) +9 (Firestrike) +3 (cast Fire), +16 (Fireproof).

Sairyu
2010-03-12, 05:09 PM
Races of Spira
A small bit about the races of Spira. Completely lacking in fluff right now, but I'll come back around to it later. Hypellos aren't really meant to be a player race. I didn't really spend much time on their entry at all.

Racial Maximums
{table]Race|STR|DEX|VIT|INT|CHA
Hume, Al-Bhed|8|12|10|10|10
Guado|10|10|8|10|12
Ronso|14|8|10|10|8
Hypello|10|14*|10|10|10[/table]
*When not in water, a Hypello’s DEX is reduced by 4 points.

Bonuses
Hume, Al-Bhed: +2 systems, +2 synthesize (machines)
Guado: Increased movement, Farplane sensors
Ronso: Ferocity, large size
Hypello: +4 Swim

Al-Bhed: Machines are part of an Al-Bhed’s everyday life. They receive a +2 bonus to Systems and Synthesize (machines) checks to represent this.

Guado:
Speed Burst: Guado are the fastest race on Spira. They may expend a point of destiny once per combat on their turn to take an additional standard action.
Farplane Sensor: Due to their close relation to the Farplane, all Guado are better to detect the presence of pyreflies. They gain a +2 bonus to awareness checks targeting either the unsent or Fiends.

Ronso:
Ferocity: If a Ronso’s HP drops to 0 or less in combat due to damage, he is immediately healed for an amount of HP equal to his VIT. This ability can activate a number of times per session equal to the Ronso’s VIT rating.
Large Size: A Ronso gains a +1 bonus to STR based checks where their large size would be beneficial.

Hypello: Hypello swim quickly. In addition, they can breathe underwater.

Sairyu
2010-03-12, 05:10 PM
Blitzball
Spira’s most popular sport is played in a massive Water Sphere, the largest of which being located in the city of Luca. A Blitzball game consists of two 6* person teams; generally 3 fielders, 2 defenders, and a goalie, attempting to kick the Blitzball (a ball ~30cm in diameter) into the other team’s net. Traditionally, a game consists of two 5-minute rounds, separated by a 5 minute intermission between the rounds. After Sin was defeated, the game was changed so that only a single 5 minute round would be played.

Due to difficulties of basing statistics off of class levels (job changing being a major mechanic behind the FFX-2 homebrew); all characters start with baseline stats based on race and may distribute additional points as they see fit upon level-up. Certain skills, such as the Swim or Sports (Blitzball) skills, provide bonuses to their relevant statistics. The racial table is below,

{table]Race |HP/+| SP| EN |AT| PA| BL| SH| CA
Hume |30/5| 5 |10 |5 |5 |5 |5| 5
Al-Bhed| 30/4| 6| 9 |4 |5| 4| 6 |6
Elvaan| 35/5| 5 |10| 7| 4| |4 |6| 4
Viera| 30/5| 7 |9 |4 |6 |4 |5 |5
Galka |35/6 |4 |12 |5 |5 |6 |4 |6
Moogle| 25/4 |4 |7 |3 |7 |3 |4 |5
Tarut |25/4 |4 |7 |3 |6 |3 |5 |5
Android| 30/5 |5 |12 |5 |5 |5 |5 |5
Ronso |35/5 |5 |13 |6 |4 |5 |4 |4
Guado| 30/4 |6 |8 |5 |6 |4 |5 |6
Hypello| 30/5 |7 |10 |5 |5 |5 |5 |5[/table]

The + statistic next to HP refers to an automatic gain per level-up. If a point is spent on HP, the character increases the + statistic, adding the HP gain to prior levels as well. A player has 3 attribute points to spend at 1st level and gains 1 more every time he levels up.

While Hypellos and Androids are included for the sake of completion, I recommend against allowing members of those races from being able to play Blitzball; Androids being machines and Hypello being far too laid back (yes, I’m aware of the concept of racism!).

*In FFX-2 the number players in the Sphere on either team was changed to 8. It’s much, much, easier to keep track of 6 players though, so we’ll be using those numbers.

Homebrewed Races and Blitzball
Take the baseline stats for a Hume and modify. DEX races generally enjoy better SP, VIT races EN, STR races AT, and INT races PA. A general rule is that a stat shouldn’t go higher than 7 or lower than 3.

---

The Sphere
For simplicity’s sake, we use a 2D arena. A Sphere is broken up into 9 sections and the left, center, and right, positional markers for each section. Players can be substituted at the edges of the arena.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/ViaSolaris/BBArena.jpg
A is the area where the Blitz-off occurs. The red lines are the goals and are considered to be in the middle section of the End Zones (they’re parts of 1C and 9C).

Defenders deploy (anywhere) within their team’s home zone (T1 or T2 zones), the goalie at their net, and fielders on their side of the middle ground (4L/C/R or 6L/C/R). The players participating in the Blitz-off both start in area A.

---

The Game
The game starts with a Blitz-off, with one player (usually the captain) who is not the goalie from each team attempting to catch the ball as it enters the sphere. Both players roll 3d6 and add their CA score to their result. The winner gains possession of the ball and must immediately pass it to an allied player. This pass cannot be contested.

Every round falls into the following 4 phases:
Team 1 movement
Team 2 movement
Break/Pass/Shoot
Substitutions

The team with possession of the Blitzball moves first, and all of their players may move 2 sections in any direction. A player may expend 10HP to move a 3rd section if their SP is greater than 10 and may expend 20HP to move a 4th section if their SP is greater than 15. Players not carrying the Blitzball may move freely through areas occupied by opponents, but a player carrying the Blitzball has their movement stopped if they enter an occupied area.

After the first team moves, the other team moves, and all of their players may move in the same manner as the first team’s players. Their players may end their movements at any point.

During the 3rd phase, the ball holder passes or shoots the ball. If he is being contested, he can attempt to break before shooting or passing. As soon as another player receives the ball (or it falls short and is claimed) or a goal is scored, this phase ends.

During the 4th phase, players on the edges of the arena can choose to sub out. The substitute player immediately replaces them at their position on the arena.

Breaks
When an opposing player occupies the same area as the ball carrier during the 3rd phase, they may contest any actions that the ball carrier takes*. Even if the ball carrier takes no action, they may still be attacked (to get the ball). A break occurs when the ball carrier attempts to bypass some (or all) of the players blocking him either to move past them or to make passing or shooting easier. When this occurs, every blocker makes an attack with their AT against the ball carrier’s EN and gain possession if they manage to reduce EN to 0. A successful break through all the defenders allows the ball carrier to move 1 section at the end of the 3rd phase.

If the ball carrier has any allies in the same area as he is in, they can attempt to block an opposing player. Both players roll 2d6 and add either BL (the blocker) or AT (the attacker). If the blocker wins, the opponent is removed from the block. If the opponent wins, they may participate normally in the block and the blocker takes 5x the excess AT in HP damage.

*goalies cannot contest an action. They remain at their goal. Similarly, a goalie’s actions cannot be contested and doing so constitutes a foul.

Fouling
A foul generally results in the player being removed from the Sphere for 1min. This means that the other team will enjoy a 1-man advantage for the next 4 rounds. An example of a foul would be an attack on a player not carrying the ball, or tackling the goalie in order to score*.

*doing so causes the goal to be rescinded.

Quick-Resolving a Game
Sometimes you just want to get it over with. You can quick-resolve at any time (by DM discretion) whether in the middle of a game or from the get-go. In a tournament with multiple teams and games, it’s recommended that NPC games be quick-resolved from the get-go.

Both teams roll 4d6 and add their team value to the dice result. The first one to win 2 consecutive rolls is the winner of the match. A team’s value is calculated in the following manner:

Team Value = (sum of Player Values)/6 + S + 2G + P
Player Value = (HP/2+5SP+3EN+4AT+3PA+3BL+3SH+5CA)/10

S is the team’s number of substitute players. Each one is worth 1 point, to a max of 3.
G is the team’s current number of scored goals.
P is either 1 or 0. The team with possession of the ball gets 1 and the other team gets 0.

If quick-resolving from the match’s beginning, G and P both equal 0.

The winning team gains communal exp equal to the other team's Team Value. The losing team gains communal exp equal to half of their own Team Value.

Notes: I’ll be revising these values once I get some test games up.

New Skills
Sports [Blitzball] – DEX/INT
Sports [Blitzball] represents the level of training that a player has. Points spent on this skill tend to grant bonuses to the more technical aspects of the game (passing, blocking, and catching).

Sairyu
2010-03-16, 04:38 PM
Player Stats
Level: The Blitzer’s level. The maximum level is 30. A player gains a point of Communal EXP every time he successfully breaks or passes through a block (a pass after breaking through a block doesn’t give an additional point of EXP), strips the ball from an opposing player during a block, or catches the ball (goalies). Scoring adds 2EXP directly to the scoring player. It takes 5EXP to level-up and the player gains 1 attribute point to spend.

Communal EXP is distributed however the team likes during the halftime and post-game. When a player levels up, their HP is restored to full and all status effects acting on them are removed.

HP: Hit Points refer to how long a player can stay in the match. It starts at their maximum and continually falls as the game’s length drags on. At the end of every round (15s), a player in the Sphere loses 5HP. Attacking (during blocks), attempting a break, and making a long pass all cost 5HP. Damage dealt through a player’s EN attribute deals damage to their HP.

A player with 0HP can continue playing, but falls unconscious when he reaches falls below that amount. An unconscious player must be retrieved by the substituting player and dragged out of the arena before the substitute can join the game. When out of the Sphere, a conscious player recovers 5HP per round, and an unconscious player 1HP per round. The 5-min intermission is usually enough for a

A player gains a one-time bonus to their HP equal to their VITx5.

SP: Speed refers to how quick a character is in the Water Sphere. When any action is contested, the character with the higher SP score gains a +1 bonus to whatever score is relevant. In the case of a group contesting an action, the average of the group’s SP is used. Shots against a goalie are considered to be contested actions. For example, a player with an SP score 5 points higher than a goalie’s would gain a +1 bonus to their SH and score automatically regardless of the goalie’s CA on a roll of 7 or better.

If one player’s SP is 5 or more points higher than another’s, they roll 2d6 and win any opposed actions against that slower player on a roll of 7 or better. If the roll is less than 7, they resolve the action as normal.

A player with a DEX rating of 4 or more gains a +1 bonus to their SP and a player with 5 or more ranks in Swim gains a further +2 bonus to their SP.

EN: Endurance represents the amount of punishment a player can shrug off while attempting to perform an action. When a player is hit by a defender, they receive damage to their EN and “drop” the ball if their EN is reduced to 0 or less. Excess damage is multiplied by 5 and dealt to the player’s HP. A player’s EN is returned to its base (or modified, if applicable) value after every break, regardless of whether it was reduced to 0 or not earlier.

A player gains a bonus to their EN equal to their VIT rating.

AT: Attack represents how hard a player hits. When blocking a player who attempts to break, a defender who chooses to block deals their AT+1d6 damage to the breaking player’s EN. If this damage reduces the breaking player’s EN to 0 or less, the defender strips the ball from them. Any damage past that deals damage to the breaker’s HP equal to the over-ATx5.

A player with a STR rating of 4 or more gains a +2 bonus to their AT.

PA: Passing represents how accurately, and how far, a player can pass the Blitzball. Passing works in a similar manner to EN, except is reduced by a blocker’s CA. If the defender reduces the passer’s PA to 0, they gain possession of the ball. PA decreases by 2 points for every distance zone that the ball travels and is caught if the remaining PA is at least 1 when it reaches its target. If PA falls to 0 while travelling, it falls short, and the nearest player gains possession of the ball. In the case where 2 players are an equal distance away, the one with higher SP gains possession. If they have equal SP, the one with higher CA gains possession.

A player with an INT rating of 4 or more gains a +2 bonus to their PA and a player with 4 or more ranks in Sports (Blitz) also gains a +2 bonus to their SP. These bonuses stack.

BL: Block is the equivalent of AT and is used to reduce the efficiency of passes. A player with the Sports (Blitz) skill gains a bonus of ½ of his skill rank to his BL.

SH: Shoot is directly opposed to CA. If a player attempts to shoot through a defender, the defender can reduce SH by their BL. SH is reduced by 1 for every zone the ball passes through until it reaches the goal (and goalie). If SH falls to 0 or less, it is claimed in the same manner as if it were a pass with one difference, a goalie always wins possession unless their SP is 5 or more points less than the contesting player.

When the ball reaches the goalie, both players roll 2d6 and add their relevant score (SH or CA). If the shooter wins, a goal is scored, and if the goalie wins, no goal is scored and the goalie gains possession. If he gains possession, the goalie must immediately pass, and this action may be contested.

A player with the Sports (Blitz) skill gains a bonus of ½ of his skill rank to his SH.

CA: Catch is directly opposed to SH. When a shot is made on the goal and the ball reaches the goalie, both players roll 2d6 and add their relevant score (SH or CA). If the shooter wins, a goal is scored, and if the goalie wins, no goal is scored and the goalie gains possession.

A player with 6 or more ranks in Sports (Blitz) gains a +4 bonus to their CA.

Techs
Starting at level 2, and every 7 levels afterwards (5 at lv30), a player gains a Tech slot and learns an appropriate tech from the following list:

{table]Name| EQ| DC| HP| Duration| Description
Tier1 (lv2) Techs| -| -| -| -| -|
Anti-Drain |5 |5 |1 |Instant |50% chance to prevent Drain. HP cost is only paid on a success.
Anti-Nap |5 |5| 1| |Instant |50% chance to prevent Nap. HP cost is only paid on a success.
Anti-Venom |5 |5| 1 |Instant |50% chance to prevent Venom. HP cost is only paid on a success.
Anti-Wither |5 |5| 1 |Instant |50% chance to prevent Wither. HP cost is only paid on a success.
Grip Gloves |5 |7| 5 |8 rounds |+5 CA
Nap Pass |5 |7| 5X |8 rounds |A defender who attempts to block a Nap Pass is inflicted with the Nap status. The HP cost is paid once per defender (throwing a nap pass past 3 defenders would cost 15HP, even if only 1 of them attempts to block it).
Venom Pass |5 |7| 5X |8 rounds |A defender who attempts to block a Venom Pass is inflicted with the Venom status. The HP cost is paid once per defender.
Wither Pass |5 |7| 5X |8 rounds |A defender who attempts to block a Wither Pass is inflicted with the Wither status. The HP cost is paid once per defender.
Sphere Shot| |10| 10 |15 Instant |A shot with a 1d6+1 bonus to the shooter’s SH.
Spin Shot |15 |10| 0 |Period |A +3 bonus to SH.[/table]

Tier2 (lv9) Techs| -| -| -| -| -|
Nap Shot |5 |7 |5X |8 rounds| A defender who attempts to block a Nap Shot is inflicted with the Nap status. The HP cost is paid once per defender.
Venom Shot| 5 |7 |5X| 8 rounds| A defender who attempts to block a Venom Shot is inflicted with the Venom status. The HP cost is paid once per defender.
Wither Shot |5| 7 |5X |8 rounds| A defender who attempts to block a Wither Shot is inflicted with the Wither status. The HP cost is paid once per defender.
Golden Arm |5| 7 |0 |Period |SH/PA is reduced by 1 per section travelled rather than 2.
Pile Venom |10| 10 |5 |Period |Can stack Venom effects.
Pile Wither |10| 10 |5 |Period |Can stack Wither effects.
Volley Shot |15| 12 |15 |Instant |Reduce a blocker’s BL by 1/2.
Good Morning!| 5 |10 |10 |12 rounds |Upon recovering from a Nap effect, the player gains a +1 bonus to all of their stats (except HP).[/table]

Tier3 (lv16) Techs| -| -| -| -| -|
Nap Tackle| 10| 10| 10| 8 rounds| Inflicts the Nap status on the attack’s target if the attack connects.
Venom Tackle| 10| 10| 10| 8 rounds| Inflicts the Venom status on the attack’s target if the attack connects.
Wither Tackle| 10| 10| 10| 8 rounds| Inflicts the Wither status on the attack’s target if the attack connects.
Regen |15 |12| 0| Period| When not holding the ball, the player does not lose HP (unless fouled/attacked). Additionally, they regain 5HP per round.
Tackle Slip |15 |12| 20| Instant| Dodges a tackle with a 50% success rate.
Anti-Drain II| 10| 10| 5| Instant| Prevents the Drain status effect. HP cost is paid on activation.
Anti-Venom II| 10| 10| 5| Instant| Prevents the Venom status effect. HP cost is paid on activation.
Anti-Wither II| 10| 10| 5| Instant| Prevents the Wither status effect. HP cost is only on activation.
Invisible Shot| 20| 15| 30| Instant| A shot with +3SH and a 50% chance to become invisible. An invisible ball automatically scores 50% of the time.[/table]

Tier4 (lv23) Techs| -| -| -| -| -|
Venom Eater| 15| 12| 5| Instant| The player receives the effects of Regen rather than Venom when hit with a Venom effect.
Wither Eater| 15| 12| 5| Instant| The player receives the effects of Regen rather than Wither when hit with a Wither effect.
Brawler| 20| 15| 10| Instant| Allows the player to block a defender for the ball carrier from 1 section away. The HP cost is paid once per activation.
Elite Defence| 20| 15| 10| Instant| Allows the player to defend against the ball carrier from 1 section away. The HP cost is paid once per activation.
Super Goalie| 30| 15| 0| Period| Adds 5 to CH.
Volley Shot II| 25| 17| 25| Instant| A shot with +3SH that knocks a defender away.
Reversal| 15| 15| 5X| 8 rounds| The player has a 50% chance to reflect status effects. The HP cost is paid once per reflected status.
Double-Team| 20| 17| 20| Instant| If a friendly player is in the same section as the ball carrier when he makes a shot, he adds ½ of his SH to that of the shooter’s. Both players must have Double-Team equipped. The HP cost is paid once per activation by each player.[/table]

Tier5 (lv30) Techs| -| -| -| -| -|
High Risk |25 |20 |0 |Period |The player doubles any 2 stats but reduces all of his other stats to ½ of their base values.
Pass Shot |20 |20 |20 |Instant |The player who was passed to immediately makes a shot with a bonus of ½ the remaining PA (from the passing player).
Triple Foul |20 |20 |15 |8 rounds |Inflicts the Nap, Venom, and Wither statuses on the attack’s target if the attack connects.
Jecht Shot |30 |25 |35 |Instant |A shot with +5SH that knocks up to two defenders away.[/table]

Equipping a technique costs HP, and using a technique generally costs HP as well. The DC column is the awareness DC required to learn a used technique from a marked player. Any techniques with II in their names require that the original technique be learned first.

Learning New Techniques
Besides the 5 techniques that every player will learn, players can earn techniques by either winning them as prizes from tournaments, through plot events, or by marking an opposing player (the mark is set before the game and can be changed only during the intermission) and making an awareness check when a technique is used. If the result of the awareness check beats the DC, the player learns that technique. A player cannot learn a technique that he cannot use.

Status Effects
Status effects generally last 8 rounds. Not all status effects are listed with relation to the above techniques list.
{table]Status| Description
Nap| The player is asleep and can take no actions. They wake up if attacked or passed to.
Venom| The player loses 15HP per round.
Wither| The player’s stats are all reduced by 3.
Slow| The player can move 1 less section. Their SP is reduced by 5.
Haste |The player can move 1 more section. Their SP increases by 3.
Gravity| The player cannot move but may otherwise play normally.
Drain |Whenever a player would lose HP, they lose an additional 5 points.[/table]

---
Sample Player
Name: Blitz-boy the Blitzer – lv10 Sphere Hunter
Race: Hume
Position: Fielder
Contract: 500GIL, 20 matches
{table]Attribute |Value |Rating
STR |8+4(equipment)| 3 (4)
DEX |15 |5
VIT |9 |3
INT |6 |2
CHA |4 |1[/table]
HP: 140
Relevant Skills: Swim – 6, Blitz – 6

Blitzball Stat-Block
{table]Level| HP/+ |SP |EN |AT |PA |BL |SH |CA
11 |(90+45-10)/6 |8+3 |13+3 |5+2 |7+2 |5+3 |9+3 |5+4
- |125/6 |11 |16 |7 |9 |8 |12 |9[/table]

Equipped Techniques: Anti-Drain (5), Golden Arm (5)
Player Value: 32.55 = 325.5/10 = [125/2+5(11)+3(16)+4(7)+3(9)+3(8)+3(12)+5(9)]/10

---

Sample Team
Besaid Aurochs – Base Team Value: 22 (20.758 + 2 rounded down)
The Aurochs are a team based in the small island town of Besaid. They’re notorious for never having won a game prior to High Summoner Yuna’s pilgrimage.

{table]Name |LV |HP/+| SP |EN |AT |PA |BL |SH |CA |P.V. |Position
Wakka |3 |70/5 |6 |14 |7 |7 |7 |9 |5 |22.90 |Fielder, Captain
Letty |2 |56/6 |5 |12 |5 |9 |7 |7 |5 |20.30 |Fielder
Datto |2 |55/5 |6 |13 |5 |6 |6 |7 |5 |20.35 |Fielder
Jassu |2 |55/5 |6 |11 |6 |7 |7 |6 |5 |19.55 |Defender
Botta |2 |60/5 |6 |12 |8 |6 |6 |6 |5 |21.50 |Defender
Keepa |2 |67/7 |5 |12 |5 |5 |5 |5 |7 |19.95 |Goalie
Vilucha |2 |55/5 |6 |13 |5 |6 |6 |7 |5 |19.85 |Fielder, Reserve
Beclem |2 |65/5 |6 |12 |5 |7 |6 |8 |5 |21.15 |Fielder, Reserve[/table]

Sairyu
2010-03-16, 05:00 PM
Post reserved for FAQ/Errata/Other stuff...

Notes: This is still very much in an alpha stage. I'll be making lots of changes and revisions over time. If you wanna give me some input, that'd be great too.

Other: Man the Blitzball section was really long... u_u

Ahimsa7
2010-03-27, 09:44 PM
After the first test-run of this system, I have to say that it's really fun. It's simple, easy to learn, and the varying job spheres make customization one of the best parts of gameplay. Rather than being stuck with one type of character, you can change to adapt to the situation.

It kinda reminded me of playing FFX, which I suppose is a good thing.

More people should try this out and comment!

Sairyu
2010-03-30, 12:25 PM
Sphere Break
Sphere Break is Spira’s second most popular “sport”. It was introduced by the Al-Bhed Rin, of Rin’s Travel Agencies, as a way to fill the time left during Blitzball’s off season. Since its introduction, Sphere Break has grown greatly in popularity, to the point where large tournaments are held annually in Luca, fabulous, and not so fabulous, prizes offered for the winner.

Contrary to how Sphere Break plays out in game, due mainly to technical constraints (I doubt many people would be willing to either use a number generator), Sphere Break in this FFX-2 homebrew plays out more like gambling. The objective of the game is to hit a certain point allotment (or simply just bankrupt the other player) within a limited number of rolls. The game is played out in the following manner:

Both players agree to a turn and point total (ex. 10 turns and 50 points)
The players roll off to determine who goes first
The first player plays (up to) 5 rounds and totals their score. They then multiply it by 1+their Echo score.
If the game hasn’t ended, the second player plays (up to) 5 rounds and totals and multiplies their score
If the game hasn’t ended, the first player plays again, then the second, adding their new (modified) score to their first one, etc…
The game ends at the end of a player’s turn if their total score is greater than or equal to the point goal. The winner takes their total points in Gil from the other player*. In the case that neither player reaches the goal, neither player claims Gil from the other.

Both players start with a score and echo-score of 0. At the end of a player’s phase, their echo-score resets to 0.

*This can be played for greater amounts by multiplying the score (ex. x2, x5, x10…).

The Turn
The player whose turn it is names a number (ex. 4) and then rolls 2d6 and adds their INT score to the result. They may then modify the number by either their DEX or INT rating (but not both). If the final value is a multiple of the named value (ex. 16 being a multiple of 4), the player gains a number of points equal to the named value. Additionally, they gain a bonus to their Echo score of +0.1 (max of +0.5 per Echo) for every multiple of the named value that the total is (ex. 4/16 is 3, so the bonus would be +0.3). For obvious reasons, a player cannot pick the number 1.

Tournaments and Prizes
Tournaments are usually held in round robin format with a standardized number of turns and points. For example, a small tournament might have a 6 man round robin with the values 10 turns, 70 points, and 350 Gil (provided by the player). At the end of the round, the player with the most remaining Gil would be declared the winner and be awarded a prize. Generally, only the winning player receives a prize, but all others may keep any earned Gil, with a 5% cut being given to the tournament organizers.

Sample prizes might include a Job Sphere, a rare item (Megalixir, Garment Grid), several items (bomb cores, potion packs), a “favour” from an organization, or just plain old Gil and bragging rights.

Oversoul
Some speculate that pyreflies instinctually gravitate towards each other, causing Fiends that have existed for longer periods of time (or which are formed from more vivid memories) to effectively power up over time. The true reasons behind this phenomenon, however, remain unknown. Regardless, the event occurs often enough to be a serious consideration for travellers, but rarely enough that it is not a crippling threat to overland travel. An interesting characteristic of Oversouling Fiends is that they are always breeds that have been previously encountered (and slain), meaning that the first time traveller is (relatively) safe.

When a monster type (flan, elemental, insect, etc) is first encountered, there is no chance that it will Oversoul. This chance increases by 1 point every time that type of monster is killed. At the beginning of a battle, the DM rolls 1d6 and if the result is equal to or less than the Fiend’s Oversoul chance, it Oversouls 1d6-3 rounds into the fight. Only one Fiend of each type can Oversoul in a given battle; meaning that you could wind up fighting 2 or more Oversouled Fiends in a battle, as long as they’re different types (ex. flans and elementals).

Killing a Fiend that is about to, or is in, Oversoul resets the Oversoul chance count. Running from an Oversouled Fiend, however, does not cause the Oversoul chance counter to reset. Mech, Imp, and Revenant type Fiends do not Oversoul; neither living beings, nor the Unsent Oversoul.

Oversouled Fiends are instantly restored to full HP and MP and recover all uses of expended abilities. Additionally they multiply their HP/MP totals by 4, increase all of their stats by 50% (STR, DEX, VIT, INT, CHA), gain a random beneficial status effect*, and may gain access to special abilities. All drops/steals from Oversouled Fiends are the rare items carried by its normal version. Defeating an Oversouled Fiend grants the party 1DP.

*roll 1d6: 1 – haste, 2 – protect, 3 – shell, 4 – reflect, 5 – regen, 6 – auto-life

steelsmiter
2010-03-30, 06:52 PM
Innate Ability: Mix - Passive
Alchemists may synthesize items during battle as a long action with no penalty for “rushing it”.

Sorry to spoil the thread by not letting you complete it, but I would like very much to see this expanded upon, For example, a list of items which items could make which other items, and possibly a list of items that can't be made with anything except Mix (but which would otherwise exist, like the Megalizir)

Sairyu
2010-03-31, 01:36 PM
Sorry to spoil the thread by not letting you complete it, but I would like very much to see this expanded upon, For example, a list of items which items could make which other items, and possibly a list of items that can't be made with anything except Mix (but which would otherwise exist, like the Megalizir)

Hey, yeah, I'll be doing that after I finish a basic version of everything. Right now, it works just like synthesis, except you can do it in the middle of a fight, so you could make that elixir. I'm probably going to have to change it to full-round, since slow actions (taking 2 rounds) aren't the best ways to spend combat. I'm trying to keep things simple (like Dust does), so I'm not going to be making any huge mix charts; but I'll do something for sure.

Ahimsa7
2010-04-01, 09:04 AM
I think we should have an all-Hypello campaign set exclusively in water. With lots of blitzball games thrown in the mix. That should be our next test campaign =p

steelsmiter
2010-04-01, 04:33 PM
don't slow actions resolve at the beginning of your second turn freeing the rest of it up for future actions?

Sairyu
2010-04-02, 03:14 PM
I got the impression you basically lose a round and take that action on your next turn. I'll take a look at that sometime later today or tomorrow.

Dust
2010-04-02, 05:57 PM
don't slow actions resolve at the beginning of your second turn freeing the rest of it up for future actions?
This is correct.

Sairyu
2010-04-02, 06:23 PM
Oh. No point doing the full-action thing then.

Edit: I'll be doing another testing run tomorrow, so I'll add the revisions that I've made so far then (after).

Edit: Never mind, the other guys can't make it, so I'll do that another time.

steelsmiter
2010-04-09, 02:39 PM
I can't wait, I wouldn't mind seeing a mix entry!

Tacit
2010-04-11, 03:05 PM
Hey Sairyu, just wanted to let you know that my local group has recently started a game with the FF2d6 set in the FF-X world, and, of course, just HAD to use a handful of your rules.

This thread is wonderful. Keep at it! - there's a lot of people who use the system, and lots of people who want to see more of your take on the world. The fact that you have Locations and Spira's Political Climate listed as future projects excites me. :smallbiggrin:

Being a goalie sucks in blitzball. You should find something for them to do while they're waiting to be scored-upon.

Sairyu
2010-04-12, 07:49 PM
Hey Sairyu, just wanted to let you know that my local group has recently started a game with the FF2d6 set in the FF-X world, and, of course, just HAD to use a handful of your rules.

This thread is wonderful. Keep at it! - there's a lot of people who use the system, and lots of people who want to see more of your take on the world. The fact that you have Locations and Spira's Political Climate listed as future projects excites me. :smallbiggrin:

Being a goalie sucks in blitzball. You should find something for them to do while they're waiting to be scored-upon.

Thanks. I won't be doing much due to exams, but I'll get back on this after.

I see your point about goalies, but, to be fair, being a goalie kind of sucked in the games (or in any games) when not getting shot at. I'm not sure what I'll do with that, but I'll that in mind when I look at Blitzball again.

I don't think that I mentioned it when I wrote the Blitzball section, but it's possible to switch your goalie out though. That is to say, he can walk out of the net and play (or switch with a sub).

Also, another question about classes for anyone else following the thread. While I'm trying to keep this separate from Dust's FF2d6, I'd like to make it somewhat compatible, meaning that I'd like to make it so that a Sphere Hunter could (someday) feasibly go on an adventure with a Dragoon and a Paladin. For Job Spheres, would you guys rather see the FFX-2 ones that overlap with Dust's (thief, dark knight, black mage, white mage), or some original ones (or both)?

Sairyu
2010-04-22, 03:22 AM
Alright, it's not anywhere near done, but I figured that I should put something up so I don't give the impression of being dead. Also, if someone knows how to make text wrap around a picture for these posts, that'd be a great thing to know - so if you know, PM me please!

---

Political Climate
“With so many different viewpoints, conflicts suddenly take place. There are those who are uneasy with this new era. To be honest, sometimes, I am too…” – Yuna, FFX: Another Story

Since the defeat of Sin and the advent of the Eternal Calm, many groups have formed about Spira. Everyone is looking for a place in this new era, and opinions on which direction Spira should head towards differ greatly.

Major Groups
The Youth League
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/ViaSolaris/YouthLeagueHeraldry.jpg
The Youth League was formed by the Crusaders after Sin’s defeat with the purpose of researching Spira’s history and exploring the phenomena of the spheres. Their manifesto is the radical reform of Spirian society away from the traditional values of (New) Yevon.

Due to their progressive stance on issues, Youth League members are generally younger Spirians and (former) Crusaders. The overall youth of the group’s members has gained it a, somewhat undeserved, reputation for reckless and hot-headed behaviour. More traditional Spirians generally view the group as a bunch of ruffians intent on agitating the New Yevon faction.

Their leader is Meyvn Nooj, a former Crusader and member of the Crimson Squad. Other notable members include, Lucil, Elma, and Clasko, the former Chocobo Knights, Yaibal, and Beclem.

The Youth League is based in Mushroom Rock Road, with their primary tent being built on the ruins of the machine gun used in Operation Mi’ihen. A hidden cave known as the Den of Woe* can be found in Mushroom Rock Gorge.

*Information in another section

Sample Encounters
If the players are known members from an opposing faction (New Yevon) and enter Mushroom Rock Road, Youth League members will attempt to turn them away. If they insist on passing through (using violence), they will be met with lethal force. Otherwise, players are likely to encounter Youth League members either when in town, trying to recruit or drum up support for the League, or in dungeons, diving for spheres. There are 3 major categories of Youth League members, essentially mage, fighter, and thief.

League Raider/Mage/Master
This woman wears a helm in the style of masquerade, with her eyes hidden and a gaudy peacock-feather decoration rising from its center. She wears a light robe and small leather plates cover her shoulders and shins. A Youth League emblem is displayed on her breast.

Rank-and-file warriors fighting for the ideals of the Youth League, these women serve as the Youth League’s final line of defence. Not as tough or numerous as either the League’s warriors or scouts, they are nonetheless the League’s most prized resource. Though generally unarmed, League mages are able to rain magical ruin upon their foes.

Level: 8/13/17
Category: Humanoid
Size: Varies, usually between 1.5 and 2 meters
Reaction: Varies

HP: 185/318/535
MP: 90/257/469
Evasion: 7
ARM: 5/20/25
M.ARM: 15/40/55

STR: 5
VIT: 6/7/10
DEX: 6
INT: 10/19/27
CHA: 5

Attacks: Ice Magic; 20/76/162g*+2d6 cold damage, Thunder Magic 20/76/162g+2d6 lightning damage
Magic: Blizzard, Thunder, Confuse / Blizzara, Thundera, Confuse/Blizzaga, Thundaga, Demi, Confuse
Special: -/Cold Ward, Fire Ward/SOS Shell, SOS Protect, Holy Ward
Limit Break: Inspiration/Inspiration/Inspiration, Nightshade
Inspiration: Stat Booster (INT) +1, Healing (50% MP), Self Only
In an instant, the League mage perceives the solution to a problem, a breakthrough in her understandings of magic. For the remainder of the fight, her spells hit with additional power.
Nightshade: Area Effect, Attack (Magic), Drain MP, Neutralize, Piercing, Status Effect (Poison)
The League Master brings the vampiric essence of the Farplane into touch with reality, the mere caress of its life sapping tendrils enough to cause even the most stalwart fighter to wither away to dust. Any survivors find themselves sickened to their bones.

*to group

Rewards: 400GIL, Rare Drop: Hi-Potion, Steal: Ether, Refine: Ether
800GIL, Rare Drop: Phoenix Down, Steal: Ether x2, Refine: Hi-Ether
1100GIL, Rare Drop: Turbo-Ether, Steal: Hi-Ether, Refine: Hi-Ether

League Fighter/Trooper/Warrior /Veteran
This man wears a conical helm and armour composed of overlapping leather plates. A one-handed sword is strapped to his waist and a Youth League emblem is displayed on his breast.

Rank-and-file warriors fighting for the ideals of the Youth League, these men are the Youth League’s primary fighting force. Whether defending Mushroom Rock, disposing of Fiends, or retrieving spheres from dangerous locales, they stand at ready, Youth League emblems shown proudly. League warriors usually wield single handed swords, though their armaments may change according to the individual. As they progress in abilities, the color of their armour darkens from tan to purple to maroon to dark green.

Level: 2/7/12/16

HP: 75/218/390/665
MP: 20/45/70/90
Evasion: 7/8/8/9
ARM: 7/22/40/55
M.ARM: 3/8/20/25

STR: 9/15/16/20
VIT: 8/9/11/14
DEX: 5/6/7/9
INT: 5

Attacks: 1-H Sword; 7/10/11/14 ACC; 9/30/64/100+1d6 damage, Flame-Tongue; -/-/14/15 ACC; -/-/48/75+1d6 fire damage
Magic: -/-/Flame-Tongue/Flame-Tongue, Assault
Special: -/Sentinel/Piercing, Fire Ward, Sentinel/Piercing, HP Drain, Sentinel, SOS Protect
Limit Break: -/Glory or Death/Glory or Death/Glory or Death, Veteran’s Pride
Glory or Death: Multi-Attack +1, Piercing, Short Range, Stylish x2
The League warrior cuts high then low in a blazingly quick 1-2 combo, making a mockery of his opponent’s defences and leaving their allies bewildered and suffering a -2 ACC and EVA penalty for the next round.
Veteran’s Pride: Esuna, Healing (50% HP), Stylish x4, Self-Only
The League Veteran calls upon his years of experience, finding a second wind and throwing off any ill effects he might be suffering from. His sudden recovery inspires his allies, granting them a +4 ACC and EVA bonus for the next round.

Rewards: 100GIL, Rare Drop: Potion, Steal: Eye Drops, Refine: Antidote
250GIL, Rare Drop: Hi-Potion, Steal: Potion, Refine: Antidote
500GIL, Rare Drop: Hi-Potion, Steal: Hi-Potion, Refine: Antidote
800GIL, Rare Drop; X-Potion, Steal: Hi-Potion, Refine: Antidote

League Scout/ Soldier/ Ranger//Slasher
This woman wears a helm whose visor obscures her eyes and body-tight leather armour. A thin one-handed blade is strapped to her waist and a Youth League emblem is displayed on her breast.

Rank-and-file warriors fighting for the ideals of the Youth League, these women serve as the Youth League’s secondary fighting force. Although not as hard hitting or tough as their male counterparts, they make up for this deficiency through greater mobility and versatility. League scouts usually wield long daggers, though their armaments may change according to the individual.

Level: 2/6/10/15

HP: 65/160/250/475
MP: 22/52/100/190
Evasion: 10/10/12/15
ARM: 5/10/30/40
M.ARM: 5/10/30/40

STR: 6
VIT: 6/7/7/10
DEX: 8/10/15/21
INT: 6/7/9/12

Attacks: 1-H Dagger; 5/6/9/12 ACC; 8/20/45/84+1d6 damage, Grenade; 5/-/-/- ACC. 15/-/-/-+2d6 damage to group, Fira -/-/36/48+2d6 fire damage, Firaga -/-/-/72+2d6 fire damage to group
Magic: -/-/Fira/Fira, Firaga
Special: -/Grenade, Hi-Potion/Phoenix Down, Dark-Touch, Cold Ward/Dark-Touch, Cold Ward
Limit Break: -/Bomb Bouquet/Bomb Bouquet/Bomb Bouquet, Bombardier
Bomb Bouquet: Multi-Attack+2, Movement+3, Short Range
The League scout thrusts a trio of hissing “flowers” in her opponent’s face. Moments later, they explode, sending the unfortunate target careening away.
Bombardier: Area Effect, Attack (Physical) R2, Multi-Attack+2
The League Slasher rains destruction down onto her enemies.

Rewards: 150GIL, Rare Drop: Potion, Steal: Potion, Refine: Antidote
400GIL, Rare Drop: Grenade, Steal: Grenade, Refine: Grenade
600GIL, Rare Drop: Phoenix Down, Steal: Hi-Potion, Refine: Ether
1100GIL, Rare Drop; X-Potion, Steal: X-Potion, Refine: Hi-Ether

Notable Members
Nooj
Lucil
Elma
Clasko
Yaibal
Beclem

Sairyu
2010-05-08, 06:20 PM
Edit: I somehow posted instead of editing...

Sairyu
2010-05-08, 06:21 PM
Edit: #$(*#@@!@!!