PDA

View Full Version : Great PrCs for a Favored of Bahamut <3.5e>

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-04, 12:42 PM
Okay. D&D is Friday/Saturday. 8th level. I am the following:

Half-Fire Elemental Arakocra (2la due to homebrew buyoff system)
Favored of Bahamut 6
Elemental Spellcasting (Fire), Fire Heritage, Improved Elemental Heritage, Weapon Finesse, Practiced Spellcaster, Dragontouched
Murky Eyed, Frail

What would be a superb PrC for a Pseudo-Phoenix with a +8 modifier to DEX with full spellcasting favoring divine?

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-04, 01:40 PM
no dice? nobody has suggestions?

Vulaas
2010-03-04, 01:43 PM
Your posts were only an hour apart. Give topics some time before you self-bump, Alim. Otherwise, give us some more information to work with if you want advice. What are your skills like, what is your character concept, what do you want to be able to do with this?

hamishspence
2010-03-04, 01:43 PM
Faiths and Panthons has an elemental-based divine PRC- Elemental Archon.

You don't get full casting though- 10 level PRC- 3 levels provide no casting.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-04, 01:53 PM
I need full casting, and he's an Anthropomorphic Phoenix/Archeopteryx who is reffered to as "The Just Flame of Bahamut"

and sorry about that. I get lonely...:(

Quirp
2010-03-04, 01:58 PM
There is the Dracolyte (Draconomicon) with full divine spellcasting and "favored of the dragon deities" fluff, but it has pretty crappy feat requirements.
The Vassal of Bahamut (BoED) fits to the Bahamut stuff, but is more combat orientated and gets his one spellcasting and no progression.
And of course there are the typical divine PrCs like the Contemplative and the Divine Oracle.
I think your best bet would be the Dracolyte, when you can talk your DM into at least replacing Toughness with Improved Toughness.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-04, 02:00 PM
There is the Dracolyte (Draconomicon) with full divine spellcasting and "favored of the dragon deities" fluff, but it has pretty crappy feat requirements.
The Vassal of Bahamut (BoED) fits to the Bahamut stuff, but is more combat orientated and gets his one spellcasting and no progression.
And of course there are the typical divine PrCs like the Contemplative and the Divine Oracle.
I think your best bet would be the Dracolyte, when you can talk your DM into at least replacing Toughness with Improved Toughness.

I admit, dracolyte sux.

Vassal of Bahamut is too "anti-dragon" with it being a one-trick pony

Contemplative is only worth a maybe 1 level dip, as is Divine Oracle

Xallace
2010-03-04, 02:13 PM
Sacred Fist? You're fast and divine, sounds right to me.

Dragon Magic has got a full-casting (or near) class for divine casters, though I think you need Turn Undead.

Quirp
2010-03-04, 02:17 PM
I donīt know what power level you play at, but here are some additional ideas:
Dweomerkeeper(very powerful! , but not that easy to access for your charakter)(CD web enhancement), Celestial mystic (looses one CL, BoED), Holt Warden (nature not dragon or fire, Complete Champion), Paragnostic Apostle (Complete Champion)

You are not the easiest customer:smallwink:

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-04, 02:22 PM
Sacred Fist? You're fast and divine, sounds right to me.

Dragon Magic has got a full-casting (or near) class for divine casters, though I think you need Turn Undead.

I know what PrC that is. If anything, my DM'll waive that

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-04, 02:23 PM
I donīt know what power level you play at, but here are some additional ideas:
Dweomerkeeper(very powerful! , but not that easy to access for your charakter)(CD web enhancement), Celestial mystic (looses one CL, BoED), Holt Warden (nature not dragon or fire, Complete Champion), Paragnostic Apostle (Complete Champion)

You are not the easiest customer:smallwink:

we are lv 8 with a mostly semi-optimized party, with my xdm and my buddy eddie as the top three optimized

sofawall
2010-03-04, 02:29 PM
we are lv 8 with a mostly semi-optimized party, with my xdm and my buddy eddie as the top three optimized

I count two people there. Are you number 3, or what?

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-04, 02:31 PM
I count two people there. Are you number 3, or what?

I usually am three

Quirp
2010-03-04, 02:42 PM
What do you want to do with your character? Blasting, (self-)buffing, summoner, I-am-a-burning-half-dinosaur-and-want-to-bite-things?
The Celestial Mystic gains many defenses/immunities and gets to cast spells with the Celestial component (those can be quite nice, one lets you summon lantern archons(?) that serve you for a year plus there are the phoenix spells (immolate yourself, deal huge damage and revive yourself few rounds later))

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-04, 02:49 PM
What do you want to do with your character? Blasting, (self-)buffing, summoner, I-am-a-burning-half-dinosaur-and-want-to-bite-things?
The Celestial Mystic gains many defenses/immunities and gets to cast spells with the Celestial component (those can be quite nice, one lets you summon lantern archons(?) that serve you for a year plus there are the phoenix spells (immolate yourself, deal huge damage and revive yourself few rounds later))

I blast and I heal. I have 4 Natural Attacks

Quirp
2010-03-04, 03:14 PM
The Holt Warden gets some abilities to heal and if you can change its powers to a different domain (fire for example) and change its fluff it might fit. The Master of Radiance (Libris Mortis, loses one CL) is a light typed PrC that gives you some blasting abilities. The Sanctified One of Kord can get an ability to transform the damage of fire spells into divine energy. I think the Sanctified One class can easily be adepted for other good deities.
As you might already know healing (except for the real heal spell) is best done out of combat with some wands of lesser vigor.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-05, 11:49 AM
The Holt Warden gets some abilities to heal and if you can change its powers to a different domain (fire for example) and change its fluff it might fit. The Master of Radiance (Libris Mortis, loses one CL) is a light typed PrC that gives you some blasting abilities. The Sanctified One of Kord can get an ability to transform the damage of fire spells into divine energy. I think the Sanctified One class can easily be adepted for other good deities.
As you might already know healing (except for the real heal spell) is best done out of combat with some wands of lesser vigor.

interesting options, until I realise that our Paladin has taken a homebrew variant that gives him full spellcasting without dropping his BAB or HD

Wings of Peace
2010-03-05, 01:56 PM
Jade PHOENIX Mage? Eh, eh? *Nudge*

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-05, 02:08 PM
Jade PHOENIX Mage? Eh, eh? *Nudge*

... no comment WoP