Stats (32 pts buy)

Str 13
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 8
Cha 14

Alternate class features

Wary Swordknight (from Champion of valor) substitution levels (must worship Arvoreen)
replaces level 3,4 and 6 abilities and gain d4 skillpoints per level and listen and spot as class skills

Holy warrior (from Complete Champion)

replaces spellcasting , gain 4 feats from limited list at levels 4,8,11,14

1 Rogue Craven, Mounted Combat
2 Paladin
3 Paladin Ride-by Attack
4 Paladin tougher than small (replaces aura of courage)
5 Paladin Spirited Charge uncanny dodge
6 Paladin Initiate of Arvoreen
7 Paladin haste 1/day
8 Paladin
9 Paladin Devoted Inquisitor, Power Attack

Initiate of Arvoreen (from Champion of Valor)

move silently and hide become class skills, must have Arvoreen as patron deity

note: you can't be immune to fear for craven (which is why I bother with the Arvoreen substitution levels)

Since craven is a static bonus (and you only need sneak 1d6 for it to work) it gets tripled on a sneaky spirited charge. Much more reliable than your normal smite/charge build since you can sneak attack to your heart's content, albeit against limited foes. Few enemies will be immune to smite evil and sneak attack. And Daze is a decent effect to add should the thing survive your charge. The fear save hit is nullified by the halfling bonus + the Paladin bonus to saves.

Your paladin mount (riding dog) can take move silently and hide to a respectable amount with the proper equipment (although just using invisibility spells from a friend or items is probably simpler). If it only moves half it's maximum movement it only takes -5 on hiding skillchecks, a riding dog has 40ft movement (and I can always haste myself from time to time which also affects it) so it"s not bad. Your Paladin becomes a decent scout with listen/spot and move/hide.

And there you go, a build that sneaks and charges with decent roleplay logic