PDA

View Full Version : How would you do this?

gallagher
2010-03-04, 02:23 PM
hey all,
i was wondering how you would do this concept. i have a game coming up where i am going to be the giant punch-everything-o-matic scary scary scary guy who is kept in chains and held by some weak character (who will actually be a caster, whoda-thunk-it, right?)

i was wondering if there were any creative ways to do this one. i have already been over the whole hulking hurler/larger than you size/fighter2/barbarian the rest thing. the goal is intimidation, strength, and obviously being able to be a wall.

i was hoping for some kind of way to make constitution a huge thing in this idea, as i will be taking as many hits as i will be dishing out most likely.

anyway, it is 3.5, and level 8. the caster i am protecting is a level 5 guy. the casters are starting out at lower levels to keep it a bit more balanced, though towards the end they will probs be still doing massive damage and killing people, but i guess those are the breaks.

Greenish
2010-03-04, 02:27 PM
Crusader might need a bit refluffing, but it's one of the best tanks in game.

Vizzerdrix
2010-03-04, 02:39 PM
Umm... Barbarian Goliath.

gallagher
2010-03-04, 02:41 PM
Crusader might need a bit refluffing, but it's one of the best tanks in game.doesnt crusader need things like a paladin, like CHA and WIS? i am uncertain, and am AFB, but i am under the impression that the big scary warriors tend to get hits to their CHA.

i was thinking for feats having improved unarmed strike, as well as weilding the chains that i am "tied down by" as weapons.

also, for the scary concept, i was thinking i could also deal with eating people or something like that. i want to be the guy who you want to keep 50 feet from and have 5 people between him and you so that you have time to run

Greenish
2010-03-04, 02:45 PM
doesnt crusader need things like a paladin, like CHA and WIS? i am uncertain, and am AFB, but i am under the impression that the big scary warriors tend to get hits to their CHA.Crusaders benefit from Cha. Charisma doesn't always mean that you're a courteous and pretty diplomancer: Intimidate is tied to Charisma too.

Gnaeus
2010-03-04, 02:46 PM
Crusader doesn't need anything but physical stats really.

You can also get a lot of big scary feral guy out of Psychic Warrior, which can get big, grow claws, and do lots of other similar stuff. They DO need a decent wisdom though.

Anxe
2010-03-04, 02:51 PM
Might want to dip into Cleric. That way you can cast Shield Other on the Wizard you're protecting. Some of the other Playgrounders should have good ideas for a large race for you to be.

Tyndmyr
2010-03-04, 03:05 PM
Isn't there a berzerker prestige class for barbarian? Basically, you go psycho, and attack everyone? In return for the relative lack of control, you get more power.

Might be sorta what you're looking for.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-04, 03:14 PM
Isn't there a berzerker prestige class for barbarian? Basically, you go psycho, and attack everyone? In return for the relative lack of control, you get more power.

Might be sorta what you're looking for.

FRENZY!!!

Also 10 levels of warhulk mandatory for any kind of beastly build.