PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else make business cards for a campaign/fun/"art"?

Pika...
2010-03-04, 03:43 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/Picture2-2.png

My original/default/"home" campaign setting has it's own card, but with a new one about to be hatched I am spending a bit more to make these really nice.

Anyone else do these for their games?

Could this be considered "art" since I photoshopped and such the artwork?

changingvamp
2010-03-05, 04:33 PM
Well, I spend a lot of time making business card sized art work...does that count? I never tought of doing this for a campaign, but I will now, I think it's a totally awesome idea, espescially for forgetfull folks (yes, I know blasphimis people who forget gaming)

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-03-05, 04:39 PM
See this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk) for details.Now if you find it as hilarious as I do, you'll be happy to have seen it, despite the idiocy of advice given in the actual video.

changingvamp
2010-03-05, 04:46 PM
I think that was mean and uncalled for Mr. Fred with fifty eyes...

Dr. Bath
2010-03-06, 09:35 AM
Pretty sure that wasn't aimed at anyone here. Just a related video of an amusing moron.

What kind of tiny art do you do, changingvamp? Are there any pictures?

Seems like a bit of an OTT idea to me, Pika, but whatever floats your boat.

Dr.Epic
2010-03-06, 04:10 PM
Business cards of your campaign? I'm kind of baffled by this concept. I mean, I'm a huge nerd too and have spent more money that I should have on geek things, but do you really need to advertise your campaign in such a money-consuming way?

Pika...
2010-03-07, 01:50 AM
Well, I spend a lot of time making business card sized art work...does that count?

I am not sure, but I would love to see some of your work.

I never tought of doing this for a campaign, but I will now,

Wow. What an honor to be copied/to have inspired another DM. :smallsmile:

I think it's a totally awesome idea, espescially for forgetfull folks (yes, I know blasphimis people who forget gaming)

Thank you, and LoL. :smallbiggrin:

Business cards of your campaign? I'm kind of baffled by this concept. I mean, I'm a huge nerd too and have spent more money that I should have on geek things, but do you really need to advertise your campaign in such a money-consuming way?

Well, it was only $21 for 1,000. And this is only because I chose to upload my own photoshopped design instead of using one of their free pre-made templates with their logo on the back like I did last time, and because I chose to pay an extra +$2 to get free shipping by buying 1,000 vs. 500.

I know a 1,000 seems a bit much, but I figure I would get as much use out of these as I am out of my set for my "home" setting. I meet new people, they want my number/email? Can't spell out my unusual name? Forget that, here is a card with all my information. Yeah...I play that geek stuff... Oh, you happen to have not played D&D in years?! Want to? :smallbiggrin: