PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) Stats for Great Wyrm Dragons

Eclipse
2010-03-04, 07:39 PM
I was just wondering where to find the information for advancing dragons by age category in Pathfinder. I want to be able to draw up the stats for great wyrms, since the strongest they have a stat block for are the ancient dragons.

While I can find the different abilities such as incinerate just fine, I'm not sure where to find things like improved AC, changes to ability scores, and the like. Is there a page that details this, or are there other rules I'm unaware of, or is there simply no way to do this yet?

I'm using the online prd for now in case it matters. So if I need the book to do this, that's cool, I'll just have to wait until I can buy it. But help figuring out where to find the info would be great if anyone knows where to start.

Starbuck_II
2010-03-04, 09:06 PM
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/dragon.html#chromatic-dragon-red
It list some stuff there.

I'd compare Ancient 3.5 of the Dragon with Great Wyrm snd see difference. Then add this difference to Pathfinder Great Wyrm.

Example Red Dragon, 3.5 Ancient has 34HD, but a Great Wyrm has 40 HD. So just increase HD by 6. It bvecomes Colossol.

Pathfinder lists every thing else (caster, spell-likes, etc). XP might be tricky though.

Eclipse
2010-03-04, 09:54 PM
That should do the trick in a pinch. I do wish they released the basic stats in some way, even if they had to be assembled, but the comparison trick ought to get the job done in the meantime.

I originally thought about using the 3.5 dragons and adding in the Pathfinder specific abilities, but then realized they did a fairly major overhaul of the stats that wouldn't make that work out quite right. I imagine your conversion should come closer though, which works for me until something else comes along. Thanks for the suggestion.

As far as xp goes, I'm not too worried about that. If I need a figure, I can pull out the XP tables, but I usually just have characters gain a level after a given number of sessions or hitting certain plot points (character or GM designed plot points).

Edit: Oh, hey, I found what I was looking for. Just not where I expected to. It's at the beginning of the dragon entry and there's a chart for everything, I just expected to see said chart within each dragon type like in 3.5. Thanks for the help :smallsmile: