PDA

View Full Version : Is that an axe or a warhammer?

Harperfan7
2010-03-05, 01:25 AM
Cuz I can't tell. Axe would be slashing, so she would have S/B/P, but a warhammer would be effective against skeletons.

Watcher
2010-03-05, 01:27 AM
Warhammer. The joke was that everything not seen with her before was exclusively for fighting skeletons.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-05, 01:50 AM
I want a hydra burger with Gouda:smallfrown:

SatyreIkon
2010-03-05, 03:15 AM
I want a Hydra so I can make a fortune with Hydra Burgers :smallbiggrin:

Ancalagon
2010-03-05, 03:34 AM
Sure. That'll only work until Greenpeace and PETA show on your doorstep and protest against your mistreating of animals for profit...

(Be prepared and have the Monster Manual ready: A hydra is not an animal!)

Claw
2010-03-05, 05:14 AM
I want a Hydra so I can make a fortune with Hydra Burgers :smallbiggrin:

I doubt that'll work very well unless you have a Hydra with a genetic defect making it spawn more heads than its cardiovascular system can handle. They are probably not very common.

Paŭlo
2010-03-05, 06:33 AM
You would not need this. You could only chop off so much heads as you need now, let them regrow and chop off the next ones. This way you would have an infinite supply of heads, while the hydra on each time only has a limited number of (living) heads.

factotum
2010-03-05, 10:37 AM
You would not need this. You could only chop off so much heads as you need now, let them regrow and chop off the next ones. This way you would have an infinite supply of heads, while the hydra on each time only has a limited number of (living) heads.

And how are you going to control the Hydra? They're not known for being easily domesticated, and when your entire purpose in life is to keep chopping off the poor thing's heads, I doubt it's going to help you willingly!

NerfTW
2010-03-05, 12:33 PM
They tie it down.

This was shown in the strip with the original joke. This is a callback to that strip, and how he made his first million gold pieces.

I want a hydra burger with Gouda:smallfrown:

Also, holy derailing, Batman!

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-05, 01:23 PM
It's not Warhammer, it's DnD. :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2010-03-05, 02:30 PM
Also, holy derailing, Batman!

it's in the comic being discussed.

although I guess you're right. It's not really on topic.

I still want a hydra burger with gouda.:smallbiggrin:

NerfTW
2010-03-05, 07:46 PM
it's in the comic being discussed.

although I guess you're right. It's not really on topic.

I still want a hydra burger with gouda.:smallbiggrin:

"the comic" wasn't being discussed. A specific panel was. Notice now how the topic of the thread has nothing to do with the title. That's derailing.

Dr.Epic
2010-03-06, 02:45 AM
I thought it was a hammer.

Snake-Aes
2010-03-06, 04:56 AM
It's gotta be a hammer
1) It's not a continuous edge like an axe would have
2) The gag was about beating skeletons, which is the hammer's niche, not the axe's.

Ron Miel
2010-03-06, 11:51 AM
So if blunt weapons are for skeletons, why the spikes?

Can she even use the holy symbol? She isn't a cleric, is she? Or can anyone use it.

You can probably tell I'm not much of a gamer.

Snake-Aes
2010-03-06, 12:00 PM
So if blunt weapons are for skeletons, why the spikes?

Can she even use the holy symbol? She isn't a cleric, is she? Or can anyone use it.

You can probably tell I'm not much of a gamer.
A morning star and a hammer. Both deal bludgeoning damage.
The morning star also deals piercing damage, but it already qualifies to pierce x/Bludgeoning reduction. It's just a bonus.