PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon/Fallout Crossover

Coplantor
2010-03-05, 12:03 PM
Pokemon Fallout
The RPG project of the future

The idea
To make a new RPG or setting for an already existing game trying to mix the survivalist aspects of Fallout and thye adventures one might see on Pokemon.

The Steps
Number 1
To build the setting.
Why was the oh so beautiful Kanto nuked down to a nuclear waste? Why do ten year olds travel this devastated new world with impossible creatures? And for mewtwo´s sake WHY DO THEIR PARENTS ALLOW THEM TO?

Number 2
Da Rules
Easy way: A new game with very VERY simple rules in wich all you need is a bunch of stats that can be used for everything
Moderate way: Turn this into a setting for an already existing RPG
Hard way: Create a new set of rules apropiate for this game that are able to simulate the game world inalmost every way (I hope to get here some day)

Current developement
This place needs to be filled quick

Pika...
2010-03-05, 12:15 PM
@_@

Yes, oh yes...

Why not nukes causing rifts (See Manual of the Planes) between different campaign worlds/settings (sort of destroying the farbric of time and space separating worlds and such). One of which is an island where a rift/valley/whatever connects to a strange world filled with even stranger beings. The valley itself leads to a small village with a sign at it's entrance saying "Pallet".

ps. There is an island in my homebrewed world/setting with such a rift, although it was not nuke made...

Coplantor
2010-03-05, 12:17 PM
I'm not entirely sure if I'll be using d20, and the basic idea is Pokemon World got nuked or Fallout World got Pokemon'd.

(Yes, I know I said I was going home, but I got extra surprise work:smalltongue:)

Eldonauran
2010-03-05, 12:22 PM
...Pokemon World got nuked...

That got my attention. Yes, more please. Mutated pokemon = morbid fascination on my part. Deathclaw, use thunderwave! Hahaha

Arti3
2010-03-05, 12:50 PM
Nukeomon! I choose you! Nuke em dead!

Eldan
2010-03-05, 12:57 PM
What was the name of the giant megacorp in the Pokémon games again? I said earlier that Vault Tec and Team Rocket are a good match, but I think that actually they fit even better.

Now, who's going to be the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave? Neither seem to have good counterparts in Pokémon. Or at least not as far as I know it, I've only played Blue and Gold, and saw about half the episodes of the earliest few seasons.

Reynard
2010-03-05, 01:02 PM
I think the corporation was called something like SILTH Co.
I'm not sure, though.

Rocket could fit for Slavers, or the Enclave at a push.

GolemsVoice
2010-03-05, 01:08 PM
There are all manner of secret government operations going on in Pokemon, as far as I remember, so why not a group seeking to recliam whatever world we're talking about with secret, very advanced (but still not advanced enough to not be beaten by the players Pokemon) Pokemon.

DracoDei
2010-03-05, 01:10 PM
The obvious solution is to make the Pokemon the result of mutations that were then modified with an air-borne retrovirus when they proved to hazardous to be susceptible to the implantation of a control chip.

Of course, that doesn't explain the storage abilities of pokeballs, but I think leaving that out of the setting is fine.

Arti3
2010-03-05, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure, though.

Rocket could fit for Slavers, or the Enclave at a push.

Take out the L and omigod!
SITH!

Siegel
2010-03-05, 01:31 PM
I just read the title and...
OH MY GOD. ME LOVES

Prime32
2010-03-05, 01:46 PM
The TVTropes WMG page (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/Ptitlei015gc004kw4) has plenty of theories related to Pokémon being set in a post-apocalyptic world. One of them has it set after Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - note that Bug types evolve the fastest, and Beedrill has drills for arms.

Eldan
2010-03-05, 01:48 PM
Right, now I remember!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JpHCIs5Yb8

"Our japanese way of life.

Isn't it grand?

Peace, Freedom and Sushi.

Seems perfect... But what, if it's not?

Friends, your future may not be as secure as you think.

Where will you be when the psychic bombs fall? (Not an actual psychic blast)

You can secure your family's future by securing a spot in a state of the art, underground vault from Silph Corp."

Or:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5K-IdLGpzw&feature=related
Pokedex 3000!

Niro
2010-03-05, 05:57 PM
Nuked pokemons? My gawd.. Would you pay as a trainer or a pokemon?
because I think it would be more fun to play a pokemon

DueceEsMachine
2010-03-05, 07:10 PM
Wow. just wow. I'm amazed I've never seen something like this before, but it is bad enough that fallout and pokemon are addictive by themselves, but together? This might be very bad... or made of awesome. or more likely both. :smallbiggrin:

Coplantor
2010-03-05, 08:06 PM
Nuked pokemons? My gawd.. Would you pay as a trainer or a pokemon?
because I think it would be more fun to play a pokemon

Well, I´ve been discussing this idea for awhile now with somefriends and other forumites, the original idea was to play a ten year old kid and his BF4E as they try to survive the nuclear waste that Kanto has become as they have a myriad of wonderful adventures! But some people wanted to be able to play a pokemon, so there might be the option to play an "awakened" pokemon like Team Rocket´s meowth, wich might be more common now, with all the radiation and stuff.

So, bassically we have this so far.

Pokemon trade between nations got troublesome, some of the countries that make the Pokemon World got a litle over protective over a certain kind of pokemons wich generated tension bewteen the nations.Pokemons are used for pretty much everything, generating electricity, psychics are used in the construction industry, ghosts are excelent spies and a detective´s best friend. Some of them are actually able to create money out of nothing.

Riots begun in different sectors of Kanto, people wanted the conflict to end and they wanted it NOW! The goverment found impossible to mantain the order of the country at the same time that a war was about to start, so they turned into a rather obscure organization for help.

Team Rocket, a group of buisnessmen and investigators that led a paramilitary group for security reasons that were rumoured to be tied with the underworld and the pokemon black market got an important contract with the goverment, they kept the streets clean and so were going to be the investigation files the goverment and the police held after the war.

Secretly, Giovanni, head of the organisation, respected businessman and gym leader, was trying to keep the war going for as long as it could, because as long as the pokemon trade was gone, the black market would live a golden age. Part of his plan involved becoming a national hero, so, he would unleash upon the world the genetic aberration he had kept secret from the world for a couple of years.

Using state of the art technology, he was able to successfully clone a long forgoten mythical pokemon, Mew. But clones were unstable, they had a short lifespan and somewhatweaker powers than the "parent" Pokemon. Giovanni found the answer to this problem in the investigations of the mad scientist Prof. Nogal. Nogal spent years developing a bioweapon that would alter the DNA structure of those afflicted by it, this was known as the FEV or Forced Evolutionary Virus, the idea behind the virus was to accelerate the process of evolution in pokemons, but the reults were, hardly desired, except for one case...

After the FEV was applied to project Mew II or Mewtwo, the subject grew bigger, stronger, faster, better. Not only was his physique altered but so was his mind, in a matter of days it becamed able to comunicate through human language, the power of his psychic powers were unmatched by any other pokemon. Giovanni wanted to set him free, tell he world it was a weapon devised by the enemy, let him cause a little chaos and then stop him. Yes, Giovanni was happy, but Mewtwo was'nt...

As his mind developed, Mewtwo aquired a great sense of self, true self awareness, like that of a human and not a simple pokemon. His telepathic powers revealed him the true nature behind his existance, he despised himself, but more than anything, he despised his creators.
He decided to play stupid for a little more, and rebel against his master at the right time.

So the day finally camed, Mewtwo, was unleashed and Giovanni was going to stop him... or not. With his unmatched powers, Mewtwo vanquished all oposition in a few minutes, no pokemon nor human weapon had any effect, so he played his final trick. With his inmense telekinetic powers he gained control of the different nations nuclear arsenal, directed them against strategic targets around he globe. Some few survivors swear that they saw him smile for a second, and that was the last thing they saw before the light blinded them...

Arti3
2010-03-05, 08:08 PM
On the parents: the nuclear radiation has severely limited the humans; it has altered their very being. While they have obtained the power to telepathically control small (mutant) animals, their life span has reduced drastically. Most live to 25, some lucky ones live to 30 but eventually all die.

Bergor Terraf
2010-03-05, 08:46 PM
Why do ten year olds travel this devastated new world with impossible creatures? And for mewtwo´s sake WHY DO THEIR PARENTS ALLOW THEM TO?

One plausible explaination coming up

"The ambiant level of radiation has greatly dropped in the last few years, but it is still leathal to human after a few days. However, the new generation has been born with a stronger resistance than normal, making them capable of living normaly in any but the most radioactive regions.

After this discovery, dwindling supplies forced sheltered communities to send out there young to ensure their future survival."

Coplantor
2010-03-05, 08:49 PM
I like this one better than the reduced life span (Without elder people there´s no Prof.Oak:smalltongue:)

DragoonWraith
2010-03-05, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure, though.
Take out the L and omigod!
SITH!
Unfortunately it's Silph, not Silth.

Eldan
2010-03-06, 07:38 AM
If we include awakened Pokémon, it starts to sound like a setting for Gamma World.

GolemsVoice
2010-03-06, 07:58 AM
Jup, I'd like to keep the whole tribal feel of Fallout, so why not make it a croxx between necessity and inititation ceremony? Those that are strong enough (which is proven by acquiring certain medals) are allowed to return to their tribes, tell of their travels, and take a part of the population with them to found a new settlement in a nice place they hopefully have come across in their travels.

Eldan
2010-03-06, 08:35 AM
Not a bad idea.

What is defeating the top 5 for, then? Do you become the new great warlord?

Coplantor
2010-03-06, 02:16 PM
The brotherhood of steel place could be taken by the brotherhood of thunder, founded by the electric gym leader.

Real Sorceror
2010-03-06, 05:11 PM
If its any help, heres my own work on a Pokemon d20 project:
Pokemon d20 (http://pokemondtwenty.wikidot.com/system:monsters)

Check the bigger type chart. I've got a Fission type, but up until now I didn't have much use for it.:smallamused:

Eldan
2010-03-06, 05:53 PM
Fair enough. Give them some steel pokemon as well, so that it's totally ibvious.

Coplantor
2010-03-08, 06:04 AM
Fair enough. Give them some steel pokemon as well, so that it's totally ibvious.

But there where no steel pokemons in the original pokemon games, and I want to start using only the original 150.

Eldan
2010-03-08, 06:09 AM
I see. I played Blue and Gold, so that's what I know. Would have been a nice fit. What else can they get, then?

Coplantor
2010-03-08, 06:14 AM
Well, there are a couple of electric pokemon that then got the steel type, like magneton, so that could be their signature pokemon.

Coplantor
2010-03-15, 09:33 AM
No comments on the setting story? OK, well, might as well go on with this.

So, what happened to the cities?
What happened to pallet town?
From the surviving places, wich one holds the most power?
Can anyone link me to a map of Kanto please?

Coplantor
2010-03-24, 09:15 AM
To make things easier for me, I'll be using the d20 system thoug I still dont know how will human advancemnt will be measured, the only race will be human. Pokemons are monsters, they get more powerful by gaining HD. Evolved pokemons gets more bonuses for leveling up, gotta make some tests, but the fact tht the only time I get access to a computer lately is when I'm at the office is, well, quite contraproducent for this litle project.