PDA

View Full Version : [Eb3.5] so, it can bez airship 'n lolitimez now plx...

Ryumaru
2010-03-05, 05:21 PM
Yah. =3 I might have finally got myself an Eberron game, possibly gestalt (things seem a bit in the air at the moment, with some slightly strange rules to me - possibly one rule being Cleric is the only class which isn't allowed to gestalt for... I don't know.

So, I'm a newb to the setting. And interested in playing something potent, while having some decent generalist abilities. Preferably, not using Factotum, and as a note, it is a solo game.

I'm looking for some inspiration, and possibly some basic builds for what you guys found fun as a gestalt. One possible idea I had being a Wizard/Scout with Swift Hunterfeat as a pretty boy potential captain (yeah, not inspired by Vyse the Blue Rogue at all).

Any other easy to figure, possibly slightly cheesy builds with a decent fluff reason behind them, rather than 'Ur-Priest going into Rainbow Servant of the magical Ghostface Killer for sudden strike and cookies' you guys have liked? (Note: Would probably be playing one of the ancestor worshipping Elves or a human)

Greenish
2010-03-05, 05:37 PM
Duskblade//Beguiler gives you skillmonkey good at melee with lots of control. Wizard instead of Beguiler would lose some skills, but get more touch spells to channel, and well, a lot broader spell selection.

Fluffity fluff: there surely were markets for spies/assassins/warrior mages in Eberron during the Last War. Now you've gotta go freelance.

Or rogue/assassin//warblade/Bloodclaw Master, lots of attacks with sneak attacks. Movement options, counters and stuff from warblade with SA, skills and eventually some spells from rogue/assassin.

Pretty simple fluff: you're an assassin and a capable fighter. Maybe you were raised by wolves/wolverines/bears/giant red kangaroos: now you got the beast within, hungering for blood. Good thing your keen intellect can keep it down, most of the time.

weenie
2010-03-05, 06:08 PM
Wizard/Swiftblade//Scout/Ranger

Lots of skills, lots of spells, lots of very nice and unique abilities and it isn't hard to come up with some nice fluff, that fits the class combo.

Greenish
2010-03-05, 06:15 PM
Wizard/Swiftblade//Scout/Ranger

Lots of skills, lots of spells, lots of very nice and unique abilities and it isn't hard to come up with some nice fluff, that fits the class combo.Swiftblade swift hunter, nice. Very swift.

AslanCross
2010-03-05, 06:21 PM
I'd go with Rogue//Artificer. They have more or less the same key ability scores, and Artificer can give you a lot of really good tools to get around your lack of solid offense. (Problem is you're going to need downtime; ask your DM if you could use the Craft Points variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/craftPoints.htm) to work on crafting without relying too much on downtime.

Ryumaru
2010-03-05, 06:22 PM
Swiftblade? Not sure what that is.

And to be honest, not too keen on Artificer myself. Tinkers never really caught my eye.

Greenish
2010-03-05, 06:26 PM
Swiftblade? Not sure what that is.Swiftblade. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327)

AslanCross
2010-03-05, 06:28 PM
Swiftblade? Not sure what that is.

And to be honest, not too keen on Artificer myself. Tinkers never really caught my eye.

Well, you could always go with Wizard instead. It still gives you the maximum amount of options, just that artificer would have more mileage per day.

Roland St. Jude
2010-03-05, 06:30 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: I'm going to lock this based on the title and general principle alone. Please don't do chatspeak or the like here.