PDA

View Full Version : Wonder who THEY pissed off.

krossbow
2010-03-05, 08:56 PM
really, all things looked it, its VERY reasonable to assume that, during a huge celebration of the Goblin Cities destiny, with free food and festivities, that undead, rather than Goblins, would be manning the prison.

I mean, how MUCH would your boss have to hate you to force you to work instead of attending a massive patriotic rally and party, which would probably rank up their as one of the most memorable speeches of your life, akin to the goblin gettysburg address?

It'd be like being forced to work on christmas AND the fourth of july at the same time, when the president decided to drop by.

Snake-Aes
2010-03-05, 09:01 PM
It's a matter of both competence and training. They aren't to rely on undead much since after RC leaves, there will be very few clerics and arcanists capable of summoning intelligent undead, and dumb undead are more of environmental hazards than guards.

Starscream
2010-03-05, 09:08 PM
Maybe they're getting triple overtime? There's always someone willing to work the holidays if the pay is right.

Draconi Redfir
2010-03-05, 09:19 PM
either they got the miniature-version of the speach+BBQ beforehand, or someone is vidiotapeing it for them and saveing them some burgers.

Snake-Aes
2010-03-05, 09:24 PM
They also have a strong sense of duty. They mind bad-timed work much less than a typical human would.

Raging Gene Ray
2010-03-05, 09:43 PM
They also have a strong sense of duty. They mind bad-timed work much less than a typical human would.

"Let the others attend the rally and WATCH goblin history being made. We'll stay here and MAKE goblin history!"

krossbow
2010-03-05, 09:55 PM
Maybe they're getting triple overtime? There's always someone willing to work the holidays if the pay is right.

This is xykon; the guy who killed the executioner for mispelling guillotine wrong though :smalltongue:

I don't think overtime is in his dictionary.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-03-05, 10:09 PM
This is xykon; the guy who killed the executioner for mispelling guillotine wrong though :smalltongue:

I don't think overtime is in his dictionary.
Xykon’s not the one running Gobbotopia. Redcloak is. Xykon doesn’t know who’s getting paid what.

derfenrirwolv
2010-03-05, 10:17 PM
Xykon’s not the one running Gobbotopia. Redcloak is. Xykon doesn’t know who’s getting paid what.

:xykon: whoa whoa whoa PAY!? You're PAYING them!?!?!?!?

Herald Alberich
2010-03-08, 06:49 PM
"Let the others attend the rally and WATCH goblin history being made. We'll stay here and MAKE goblin history!"

They certainly will be making history, likely by valiantly dying, but I'm betting they hope their shifts will be entirely uneventful. Too bad for them.

Dr Bwaa
2010-03-08, 11:26 PM
I worked at a sandwich shop during the super bowl, and at best buy during new years' and xmas eves. Someone's gotta work the holiday hours. Given Gobbotopia's apparent level of cultivation and respect for Goblinoids, they may even be getting holiday pay!Yeah right, lol :p

KiwiImperator
2010-03-09, 02:31 AM
They're probably the hobgoblins who fell behind on their slave-whipping quota, and need to make up for it.

Scarlet Knight
2010-03-09, 10:38 AM
Just wait til next year, when the arena gets built! Then they'll add live ( mostly) slave entertainment! Especially if the surviv- uh, winner, gets honorary citizenship.

derfenrirwolv
2010-03-10, 11:04 AM
Obviously, they failed to whip the slaves carrying the food enough to let the evil flavor sink in.