PDA

View Full Version : Re-making Police Academy?

pendell
2010-03-06, 08:14 AM
That's the rumor (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3ie79635783d458127926f8f701bbff990)

My first reaction is:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But then again, I might be wrong. Someone give me a reason this might be awesome. Please.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Mathis
2010-03-06, 08:27 AM
Well, if we can trust this site then first of all it's not going to be a re-make, but a "Revival" which means an entirely new movie and not a re-make of one of the previous ones.

"It's going to be very worthwhile to the people who remember it and to those who saw it on TV," Maslansky said. "It's going to be a new class. We hope to discover new talent and season it with great comedians. It'll be anything but another movie with a numeral next to it. And we'll most probably retain the wonderful musical theme."

Second of all: YAAAAAAY!!!

factotum
2010-03-06, 12:01 PM
If it's as good as the first movie was, I'll watch it. If it's as bad as Police Academy 6, I'd rather have my eyeballs boiled in aspic. Somewhere in between would probably put it into the "meh" category. :smallsmile:

raitalin
2010-03-08, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with anyone violating the sanctity of Police Academy. More just disappointed that its getting made instead of something new.

Pronounceable
2010-03-08, 04:05 PM
It's just an excuse to listen to the theme again and make more scenes in Blue Oyster Bar, and we all know it.

Manicotti
2010-03-08, 05:23 PM
What is it with cop movies these days? Zombies finally wearing out their welcome as resident punchline?