PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good intro adventure for Eberron?

Eguzki
2010-03-06, 10:58 AM
I've been intrigued with the Eberron setting for quite some time and finally I got a group together that are all Eberron virgins, like me. Do you guys have any recommendations for a good introductory adventure to the world of eberron?

Ashiel
2010-03-06, 12:04 PM
I've been intrigued with the Eberron setting for quite some time and finally I got a group together that are all Eberron virgins, like me. Do you guys have any recommendations for a good introductory adventure to the world of eberron?

Truthfully, I've always liked the introductory adventure that's included in the back of the Eberron campaign setting. It basically involves the party being recruited by a member of house d'Cannith to go find something beneath Sharn; and has a bit of excitement with warforged, shifters, hinted conspiracies and lots of room to develop your own campaign from there - or continue with some of the published sequels. :smallsmile:

Unless you mean 4E; in which case I got nothin'. :smallconfused:

bosssmiley
2010-03-06, 02:55 PM

j/k: Raiders of the Lost Ark. :smallwink:

Srsly: WOTC's own Eberron Adventure Hook Generator (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebsh/20060220a), or the City of Blood adventure (http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/duad/20080509)

AslanCross
2010-03-06, 05:03 PM
The Eberron Campaign Setting has The Forgotten Forge, a first-level adventure. That's a good start.

If you want higher levels, there's Eyes of the Lich Queen, which starts at Lv 5. EotLQ is an exploration-type adventure that feels a lot like Indiana Jones (down to having Eberron's own Nazi relic hunters, the Emerald Claw, in it).

In Dungeon 133, there's a more investigative, murder mystery adventure called Chimes at Midnight. Also starts at Lv 5.

Eguzki
2010-03-06, 05:21 PM
I just got a copy of the EotLQ and it seems really interesting. I like how it really takes you all over the place. i think I'm gonna run that one.

Thanks for all your input. I can't wait to get this game started.

AslanCross
2010-03-06, 09:52 PM
There's just one caveat about EotLQ: a couple of encounters in the later chapters were badly edited: namely, missing monster placements and incongruity between the map and text. You will need to fix those. Otherwise it's good fun.