PDA

View Full Version : A few short questions...

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-06, 08:36 PM
Just some odd thoughts passing through my mind:
What would happen to a lycanthrope ON a moon? (assuming breathable atmosphere)

If an intelligent item is sundered, is it still conscious, if unusable?

A Docent component can see and hear as the warforged it is attached to does, but does it focus exactly where he does, too?

There are rules for putting a bag of holding into a portable hole, and vise versa, but not a portable hole into a portable hole, or a bag of holding into a bag of holding? what would happen if you tried?

A cloak of minor displacement, as a continuous effect, is better than a cloak of major displacement while costing less. Am I wrong here?

What is the best figurine of wonderous power?

HunterOfJello
2010-03-06, 08:43 PM

A Docent component can see and hear as the warforged it is attached to does, but does it focus exactly where he does, too?

There are rules for putting a bag of holding into a portable hole, and vise versa, but not a portable hole into a portable hole, or a bag of holding into a bag of holding? what would happen if you tried?

A cloak of minor displacement, as a continuous effect, is better than a cloak of major displacement while costing less. Am I wrong here?

1. Transformed as long as the Sun in shining on the moon and they are exposed to the light.

2. What happens when you get chopped in half?

3. dunno what a Docent is

4. Creates a new Universe

5. dunno

6. female elf

arguskos
2010-03-06, 08:53 PM

RAW answers here, best as I can figure.

1. Not covered. Probably would default to "affected as per normal".

2. Not covered. I'd guess no, since all functions of a magic item cease when it is destroyed, that'd probably include intelligence.

3. Focus isn't covered, much less for a Docent.

4. Bag/Hole 1 goes in Bag/Hole 2 with no issues.

5. No, I'd probably agree. The lower miss chance IS worse, but the whole "constant-effect" thing is pretty nice.

6. No idea. I'm partial to the Goat of Terror though.

lsfreak
2010-03-06, 09:14 PM
On Cloak of Displacement:
I always thought it was 20% constantly, and 50% on command 15 rounds a day. I can't imagine paying that much for only the 15 rounds a day. Can't believe I ever overlooked that.

On Lycanthrope on a Moon:
Replace "full moon" with "full planet." When the planet is full, he changes.

Sundering:
RAW, it's ruined. Adding the ability to repair damaged magic items is a fairly common houserule (else sundering is terrible), in which case the item is probably not happy. May or may not actually feel pain, probably depends on the item (a sword probably wouldn't, as it's being swung at stuff all the time already. Unless, of course, it screams in horror every time someone swings it).