PDA

View Full Version : Final fantasy viii sorceress template

SamTech1
2010-03-07, 12:19 AM
hello i am building a final fantasy viii sorceress template for a up and coming final fantasy based world . so far i have no idea where to start lol.
any thoughts or suggestions or advice would be great thank you

Temotei
2010-03-07, 12:29 AM
hello i am building a final fantasy viii sorceress template for a up and coming final fantasy based world . so far i have no idea where to start lol.
any thoughts or suggestions or advice would be great thank you

Typing Incoherently
This is a written medium and people have to read what you write. Chat speak, l33t speak and anything that has to be “translated” falls into this area. You may have something incredible to say, but it won’t be read if you use “m8” and “pwn3d” as every other word in a post. The occasional typo or confusion regarding spelling is understood and expected, but at least take a moment to read over a message before you post it.

Preventing any problems with the administrators and moderators ahead of time, the forum rules rescue poor SamTech1! :smallbiggrin:

Sorry about that. I don't know a thing about Final Fantasy VIII, so I can't comment on the actual thread. :smallsigh:

Hello. I am building a Final Fantasy VIII sorceress template for an up and coming Final Fantasy-based world. So far, I have no idea where to start. :smallamused:
Any thoughts, suggestions, or advice would be great. Thank you. :smallsmile:

Mewtarthio
2010-03-07, 02:02 AM
In his defense, the forum rules mostly single out bad spelling. They say nothing about eschewing capital letters.

Re: the topic at hand, why do you need a template? Why not just give her lots of levels in Sorceror? :smallconfused:

ZeroNumerous
2010-03-07, 02:21 AM
Re: the topic at hand, why do you need a template? Why not just give her lots of levels in Sorceror? :smallconfused:

Because, for whatever inane reason, sorceresses are not born as such nor can learn to be as such. A sorceress must give or force her power onto another human.

As such, I'd say the template would just grant the base creature casting as if a sorcerer of it's HD. And the template could only be applied to creatures without access to divine or arcane spellcasting.

Mewtarthio
2010-03-07, 02:26 AM
Because, for whatever inane reason, sorceresses are not born as such nor can learn to be as such. A sorceress must give or force her power onto another human.

Well, in that case, they just gain all those levels at once. The end result's exactly the effect you're looking for (ie they are now powerful spellcasters), but without all the fuss of homebrewing. A template would end up creating a glass cannon with way more CR than HD (or else a sorceress who's not that much stronger than the base creature).

Solaris
2010-03-07, 02:30 AM
... What's the problem with the class, again?