PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 help] Concordant Killer as PC

Dire Reverend
2010-03-07, 01:41 AM
I saw the race Concordant Killer (MM4) and thought it was really cool, so I was wondering what one would do to make it playable as a character. I know it has a HD of 19, But I have no idea on how to make it playable.

Pluto
2010-03-07, 02:18 AM
I saw the race Concordant Killer (MM4) and thought it was really cool, so I was wondering what one would do to make it playable as a character. I know it has a HD of 19, But I have no idea on how to make it playable.
What level are you looking at? That might give us a place to start.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-07, 02:23 AM
Refluff an Incarnate. Easiest method ever.

Dire Reverend
2010-03-07, 02:23 AM
What level are you looking at? That might give us a place to start.

Probably 19/20. I am looking as playing a Gestalt Character where one "Side" of the Gestalt can be LA/HD.

Refluff an Incarnate. Easiest method ever.

More like boringest method ever. :smallcool:

Also, an a similar note, can a Half Celestial also be Half Fiend? It says it can be applied to any Living coporeal creature. (actually, it might be interesting to have a Celestial Half-Celestial Fiendish Half-Fiend, if possible. It looks like it could be possible by rules, though a DM would most likley outrule it.)

Realms of Chaos
2010-03-07, 03:18 AM
There's a genius on the homebrew forums making decent monster classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142724), if you are interested to play things that way.

Otherwise, things without class levels are utterly incapable of gaining class levels without some serious houserules. Even homeruling, this thing would probably have an LA of +10 or so if you are going by the general tendency of DnD to overblow LA.

I do have one idea, however, that may make this thing playable as a PC (not broken, at least).
Step 1: the character cannot start with any wealth beyond your sword.
Step 2: You can be targetted by a dispel magic or a disjunction effect, effectively possessing a Caster level equal to your HD. Whenever you are successfully "dispelled", you lose access to all supernatural and spell-like racial features for 1d4+1 rounds.

Most monsters are balanced so that they are approximately equal to a single PC's power if the PC has magic items but the monster doesn't. With my assumed fix, it ends up feeling more as if you have paid most of your money just to get about half of your racial features.

Edit: The easiest way to get the same general flavor would be to play as a fiendish, celestial, anarchic, axiomatic creature. I don't think that there's any set rule against it but you'd need one hell of a backstory. :smallwink: