PDA

View Full Version : Horrors of The Abyss Chapter 1: Orcus, Demon Prince of the Undead

Arcane_Secrets
2010-03-07, 10:48 AM
After much work, Dicefreaks is proud to present the first chapter of Horrors of The Abyss. In it, we detail one of the most infamous figures of The Abyss; a personage so vile, so persistent in his hatred for the living that not even death could stop him. A being that is one of the most infamous figures in all Creation:

Orcus, Demon Prince of the Undead (http://horrorsoftheabyss.wikidot.com/orcus-demon-prince-of-the-undead)

arguskos
2010-03-07, 12:29 PM
Interesting. Good read. Will you be producing more of these? I might like to see Grazz't or Demogorgon. Maybe one of the elder demons princes, such as Obox-ob or Dagon, as well.

Arcane_Secrets
2010-03-07, 01:28 PM
Interesting. Good read. Will you be producing more of these? I might like to see Grazz't or Demogorgon. Maybe one of the elder demons princes, such as Obox-ob or Dagon, as well.

Thanks. The answer to your question, by the way, is: absolutely! They're all scheduled for future releases, so stay tuned.

Starbuck_II
2010-03-07, 01:55 PM
Are these retelling of the Demon lord's histories:

You gave him God abilities, but he died and lost those. Remember Tenebrous?

He doesn't claim title of Prince (BoVD pg 138).
Sure, he has a cult, but no godhood. It is rather ironic that undead worship him as he hates undead (though he will use them as pawns).
Tene was killed before Orcus was restored.
Also Orcus was raised by Quath-Noth, a human with the Ogre Bloodline (BoVD pg 138).

This was why Tene became a Vestige in Tome of Magic (even Tene was too powerful to just fase away).

Interesting either way. I see the Epic magic, etc feat but not all those divine powers (I always thought his unique powers mostly are from his Rod).

arguskos
2010-03-07, 02:06 PM
I believe his stat block is part of Dicefreaks recreating of the high end creatures of the multiverse. In their rendition, Demon Princes have divine ranks, as would Archdevils, the Celestial Host, Archomentals, Primus, the Slaadi Lords, etc. In many cases, these creatures are actually ABOVE gods, since there is but one Orcus, while there exist a vast plethora of gods of the sun (for instance).

bosssmiley
2010-03-07, 03:28 PM
DiceFreaks: systematizing the fantastic without banalising it. That's quite a balancing act to pull off. :smallcool:

hamishspence
2010-03-07, 03:48 PM
It also chucks out the "even Orcus had to work his way up" theme of FC1- which states he began as a mane, spent time as a nalfeshnee (much later) and so on.

arguskos
2010-03-07, 04:17 PM
DiceFreaks: systematizing the fantastic without banalising it. That's quite a balancing act to pull off. :smallcool:
Amen, dude, amen. :smallamused:

The Tygre
2010-03-07, 07:06 PM
Always good to see stirrings from an old stomping ground. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this project. :smallcool: