PDA

View Full Version : Fooly Cooly d20

Real Sorceror
2010-03-08, 04:31 AM
Initially I started this as a joke out of boredom. But I apparently do really good work when I'm bored, so I had to share. This material is meant to be Pathfinder compatible, so it is supposed to be more powerful than base 3.5
Critic is welcome. I think this could use some fine-tuning, but otherwise I'm pretty proud of myself. Enjoy. :smallcool:
If the whole idea seems a bit ridiculous, just replace the word "guitar" with "mind blade" and you're good to go.
Things highlighted in red have been changed
http://agalmatophilia.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/flcl.jpg
N.O. Warrior
Anyone has the capacity to become a N.O. Warrior, though few are ever made aware of this fact. Most often a Warrior is born after being bludgeoned in the head by a N.O. sensitive device, such as another Warrior’s guitar or animated robot. Among other things, Warriors are known for riding scooters into battle and being generally silly.
Role: An N.O. Warrior brings weird and powerful abilities to the fray, preferring to leap in and whack the bejesus out of his foes. Strength, Constitution, and Wisdom are a Warrior’s most important ability scores.
Alignment: any non-lawful
Hit Dice: d8
Attack Progression: Average
Good Saves: Reflex, Will
Poor Saves: Fortitude
Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Innuendo (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (technology) (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Swim (Str)
Skill Points per level: 2 + Int mod
Level Special
1 Soul guitar +1, Toughness, Guitar damage 1d6
2 Bonus Feat, N.O. Portal
3 Enhancement +1
4 Soul guitar +2, Guitar damage 1d8
5 Anime Jump, Deflect Object
6 Bonus Feat, Mechanica
7 Enhancement +2, N.O. Portal II
8 Soul guitar +3, Guitar damage 1d10
9 Evasion, Deflect (Small)
10 Bonus Feat
11 Enhance +3, N.O. Portal III
12 Soul guitar +4, Guitar damage 2d6
13 Deflect Object (Medium)
14 Bonus Feat, Improved Evasion
15 Enhancement +4
16 Soul guitar +5, Guitar damage 2d8
17 N.O. Portal IV
18 Deflect Object (Large)
19 Enhancement +5
20 Space Pirate, Guitar damage 2d10
Class Features
Psionic: All of an N.O. Warrior’s supernatural abilities are psionic in nature and result from alien technology. They are unaffected by anti-magic and dead-magic, but can be negated by effects such as a Null-psionics field.
Soul Guitar (Su): The N.O. Warrior has the strange ability to produce a guitar by pulling it out of his forehead, requiring a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. The guitar functions as a powerful one-handed weapon and conduit for other abilities. Like a Soulknife’s Mind Blade, it is unique for each individual, but is completely real and solid. It functions as a +1 weapon and has hardness equal the Warrior’s level + his Wisdom score. If it is destroyed, the Warrior must rest for 8 hours before he can produce a new one. If the Warrior has any Bardic ability the guitar also functions as a masterwork instrument.
Bonus Feats: At 1st level, the Warrior gains the Toughness feat for free. At 2nd, 6th, 10th, and 14th level, he gains an additional bonus feat. This can be any FLCL related feat or any feat available to a Fighter of his level.
N.O. Portal (Su): At 2nd level the Warrior’s N.O. Portal fully manifests, allowing him to store objects in his noggin. The portal functions in many ways like a Bag of Holding I. The actual size of the object is not a factor, as it shrinks or grows to fit. At 7th, 11th, and 16th level, the type of bag it mimics improves.
Guitar Enhancement: At 3rd level and every 4th level after that, the Warrior can choose a magical enhancement to add to his guitar. He may choose from any of those available in the Core Rulebook, but the total enhancement bonus cannot exceed the number on the chart above.
Anime Jump (Ex): At 5th level, while wielding his axe, a Warrior adds his level to all Acrobatics checks made to jump, both for vertical jumps and horizontal jumps. In addition, he always counts as having a running start when making jump checks using Acrobatics. 1/day per point of his Wis modifier, the Warrior may produce an effect similar to the Jump spell, except that it is treated as a psi-like ability.
Deflect Object (Ex): At 5th the Warrior learns to deflect incoming projectiles with his guitar, as per the Deflect Arrows feat, except he may deflect any object of size Tiny or smaller. At 9th, 13th, and 18th level, the maximum size of objects that can be deflected improves by one step.
Mechanica (Ps): At 6th level, the Warrior gains an animated construct as a companion. This ability functions similar to the spell Animate Object, using his class level as his caster level. The object gains an Intelligence score equal to its Wisdom (usually 1) and additional Construction Points equal to the Warrior’s Wisdom mod. Most often the Warrior uses the object as a mount or cohort. The Warrior can animate his guitar if he so chooses, but it cannot attack while being used as a weapon.
Evasion (Ex): At 9th level the Warrior gains Evasion, as per the Monk class feature. At 14th level, the Warrior instead gains Improved Evasion.
Space Pirate: At 20th level, the hero is treated as a native Outsider. Additionally, the hero gains damage reduction 10/lawful

Epic N.O. Warrior
Alignment: any non-lawful
Hit Dice: d8
Skill Points per level: 2 + Int mod
Level Special
21 Soul guitar +6
22 Bonus Feat
23 Enhancement +6, Guitar damage 2d12
24 Soul guitar +7
25 Deflect (Gargantuan)
26 Bonus Feat
27 Enhancement +7
28 Soul guitar +8
29 Deflect Object (Colossal)
30 Bonus Feat
Class Features
Soul Guitar: The magical enhancement bonus continues to improve as shown above. The Warrior can now choose epic enhancements to add to his guitar so long as the total bonus does not exceed the number listed.
Bonus Feats: The Warrior can choose a new FLCL bonus feat or any feat from the epic or non-epic Fighter list.
Deflect Objects: The Warrior can deflect even larger objects.

http://www.ultimateflcl.com/images/characters/atomsk.jpg
An Avatar serves as a physical conduit for the legendary space phoenix Atomsk, gaining many of the rad beings vast rocking abilities. When activating any of the Avatar of Atomsk’s abilities, the Avatar’s whole body, including equipment, glows an angry red.
Requirements: 21st level, Soul Guitar class feature
Level Benefit
21 Dueling Banjos, Alien Flight
24 Pirate King
27 Major Mechanica
30 Galactic N.O.
Dueling Banjos (Su): The Avatar can create a second Soul Guitar once per day per point of his Wisdom modifier. This second guitar has the same enhancement bonus to attack and damage as the primary guitar and the Warrior can choose new magical enhancements for the weapon, up to a total of +5. He is automatically treated as having the Two-Weapon Fighting feat when wielding two guitars.
Phoenix Flight (Su): While wielding a guitar, the Avatar gains a fly speed equal to twice his base land speed. The Avatar can also survive in airless environments and natural vacuum, such as space.
Pirate King (Ex): The Avatar has the durability of a godling, and as such his current and future HD improve by one die size (maximum d12).
Major Mechanica: Any animated objects the Avatar creates have their HD doubled and gain double the bonus hp they would for their size. In addition, the Avatar uses his Wisdom score instead of his Wisdom mod when determining bonus Construction Points.
Galactic N.O. Channel: The Avatar’s N.O. ability vastly improves. His N.O. portal now functions as both a Gate Key and one end of the stable portal. He may attune it to a number of bound spaces (doors, caves, etc) equal to his Wisdom modifier. In addition, he may now forcefully draw objects and creatures around him through his N.O. Portal. This functions similar to a 60ft cone breath weapon and requires a Reflex save 10 + half the Avatar’s HD + Con mod. Creatures that fail the save are sent through the portal and ejected into the closest available space on the other side. The actual destination can be any portal the Avatar is attuned to. This ability can be used once every 1d4 rounds.

New Feats

Double-Neck [FLCL]
Prerequisites: Ability to manifest two guitars
Benefit: The character may combine two soul guitars together to form a single double-neck guitar. This new guitar is treated as a two-handed weapon and deals damage as if it were one size larger. Separating or combing the guitars is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
Special: If you also have the Dueling Banjos destiny feature (or similar ability), the Double-Neck gains half of the second guitar’s enhancement bonuses and special abilities added on top of the base guitar’s.

Sling Shot Strings [FLCL]
Prerequisites: Wisdom 13+, Guitar Enhancement +1
Benefit: The character may fire her guitar as a shortbow, dealing 1d6 piercing damage with a 60ft range increment and a x3 critical. The guitar requires no ammo, instead producing small energy bolts when fired. The character still applies any weapon enhancements she has on her guitar to her ranged attacks.
Special: The character can use feats such as Rapid Shot in conjunction with her guitar.

Tommy Gun Guitar [FLCL]
Prerequisites: Sling Shot Strings, Guitar Enhancement +2
Benefit: The character may fire her guitar as a longbow, dealing 1d8 piercing damage with a 100ft range increment and a x3 critical. The guitar requires no ammo, instead producing small energy bolts when fired. The character still applies any weapon enhancements she has on her guitar to her ranged attacks.
Special: The character can use feats such as Rapid Shot in conjunction with her guitar.

Second Fiddle [FLCL]
Prerequisites: Soul Guitar +2
Benefit: The character can manifest a second Soul Guitar. However, she must split the enhancement bonus and special abilities evenly between the two weapons.
Special: If the character has the Avatar of Amosk Epic Destiny, her Dueling Banjos destiny power is always active and no longer has a per use limit.

Cat Radio [FLCL]
Prerequisites: Mechanica
Benefit: By touching a creature (not necessarily a cat) and an object or second creature with your guitar, you can create a sort of two-way communication device. This requires a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity and persists for 1 day per point of your Wisdom modifier or until you dismiss it or designate new subjects. By touching either subject, you can hear and speak to anyone near the other conduit and they can respond in the same manner.

Galactic Garage [FLCL]
Prerequisites: N.O. Portal
Benefit: You can attune your Portal to an actual physical space of similar size. The space's location doesn't matter so long as it can be accessed by planar travel. This allows you to draw forth objects from that location through the portal in your head. The attunement process takes 1 hour and requires that you be standing in or adjacent to the space.
Special: If you have the ability to open N.O. channels in other creatures, you can also attune them to a physical local.

Open N.O. Channel [Epic, FLCL]
Prerequisites: Mechanica, Knowldge (Technology) 20 ranks
Benefit: By whacking a creature in the head, you can open a temporary N.O. Channel that lasts a number of days equal to your Wisdom mod. The target can resist this affect by making a Fortitude save 10 + half your level + your Wisdom mod. You can draw out guitars and Mechanica from a willing or prone creature by spending a full round action per size category of the object (Tiny and smaller objects take only a free action). This functions similar to a psionic Summon Construct spell. The Mechanica and weapons that can be called are limited by the creature’s Wisdom score, as shown below. This has several drawbacks, in that the N.O. Portal will sometimes produce effects on its own when the subject is distressed. In combat or other high stress situations, there is a 5% chance each round that the subjects grows horns, ears, or other odd projections, and a 5% chance a hostile construct will come forth, attacking psionic and N.O. sensitive characters in favor of all others.
Wisdom - Guitar - Spell
12 - Masterwork - Summon Instrument
14 - Magic +1 - Summon Construct I
16 - Magic +2 - Summon Construct II
18 - Magic +3 - Summon Construct III
20 - Magic +4 - Summon Construct IV
22 - Magic +5 - Summon Construct V
24 - Magic +6* - Summon Construct VI
*A creature cannot manifest a +6 weapon unless it is epic level. If the subject has 24 or better Wisdom and is below 21st level, it instead manifests a +5 guitar with special enhancements, such as Flaming.

New Spells

Summon Construct I-IIX
School: conjuration (summoning)
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard
Casting Time: 1 round
Components V, S, F/DF
Range: close (25 ft + 5 ft/2 levels)
Effect: one summoned creature
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None; Spell Resistance: No
This spell summons an extraplanar construct. It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn. It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions. The spell conjures one of the creatures from the list below. You choose which kind of creature to summon, and you can choose a different one each time you cast the spell.

1st Level
Animated Object (Tiny)
Homunculus
2nd Level
Animated Object (Small)
Iron Cobra
3rd Level
Animated Object (Medium)
Ice Golem
4th Level
Animated Object (Large)
Wood Golem
5th Level
Animated Object (Huge)
Flesh Golem
6th Level
Animated Object (Gargantuan)
Clay Golem
7th Level
Animated Object (Colossal)
Stone Golem
Retriever
8th Level
Iron Golem

The Tygre
2010-03-08, 03:13 PM
Just gonna' go on and leave this here...

Atomsk, The Pirate King
Colossal Outsider (Native, Chaotic)
HD 21d8+126 (220hp)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); Fly 160 ft. (poor)
Init: +12
AC 24; touch 14; flat-footed 12
(+12 Dex, -8 Size, +10 Natural)
BAB +21; Grp +44
Attack Claw +25 (5d10+7)
Full-Attack 2 Claws +25 and Bite +23 (4d12+3)
Space 30 ft.; Reach 20 ft.
Special Attacks N.O.
Special Qualities Possession, SR 30, Damage Reduction 15/epic, Space Acclimation
Saves Fort +18 Ref +24 Will +17
Abilities Str 25, Dex 34, Con 23, Int 24, Wis 21, Cha 38
Skills Perform (Guitar) +51, Profession (Space Pirate) +31, Bluff +38, Gather Information +38, Listen +29, Spot +29, Survival +29, Search +31, Sense Motive +29, Spellcraft +31, Tumble +36, Use Magic Device +31, Diplomacy +38, Intimidate +38, Knowledge (The Planes) +31
Feats Dodge, Mobility, Flyby Attack, Improved Flyby Attack, Skill Focus (Perform), Weapon Finesse, Multiattack, Epic Skill Focus (Perform)
Environment Any
Challenge Rating 30
Alignment Chaotic Neutral

N.O. (Ex): Atomsk can distort space and time at will, transporting all the matter in a certain space from one point to any other point in the universe. The amount of space can vary from a sphere with a radius of only a few centimeters to one with a radius of roughly 3,534,000,000 miles.

Possession (Su): Atomsk can funnel his mind and body into a mortal vessel, granting them some of his power. Alternatively, he can choose to possess one mortal with his body, and a separate one for his mind. Atomsk’s mind grants a +12 competence bonus on all charisma-based checks and allows the host to use a very limited form of his N.O. special ability. The maximum amount of space capable of being transported is only a sphere with a radius of 1 foot per point of charisma modifier held by the host and the ability can only be used once per week. Atomsk’s body grants a +12 competence bonus on all strength checks, attack rolls, and damage rolls in addition to damage reduction 5/epic. When a single creature is possessed of both Atomsk’s mind and body simultaneously, they gain the benefits of both in addition to a 60’ (perfect) fly speed and the ability to manifest a solid portion of Atomsk’s energy into a weapon. For no particular reason, this weapon always appears to be a Gibson EB-0 bass guitar, which, apart from granting a +10 perfection bonus on perform checks utilizing it, is considered a +6 Anarchic Greatclub that the user is always proficient with.

Space Acclimation (Ex): Atomsk is immune to fire and cold damage as well as damage caused by a vacuum. He never needs to eat, sleep, or breathe.

Taffeta
2010-03-08, 07:35 PM
Table for the neat class:

N.O. Warrior
{table=head]Level|Base [br] Attack [br] Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Soul guitar +1, Toughness, Guitar damage 1d6

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Bonus Feat, N.O. Portal

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Enhancement +1

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Soul guitar +2, Guitar damage 1d8

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Anime Jump, Deflect Object

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Bonus Feat, Mechanica

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|Enhancement +2, N.O. Portal II

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+6|Soul guitar +3, Guitar damage 1d10

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+6|Evasion, Deflect (Small)

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+7|Mechanica (Extended)

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+7|Enhance +3, N.O. Portal III

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|Soul guitar +4, Guitar damage 2d6

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|Deflect Object (Medium)

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+9|Mechanica (permanent)

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+9|Enhancement +4

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Soul guitar +5, Guitar damage 2d8

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|N.O. Portal IV

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11|Deflect Object (Large)

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11|Enhancement +5

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|Space Pirate, Guitar damage 2d10[/table]

I'd whip up the epic ones for you, but I'm fuzzy on the way epic progression works. Looks awesome though.

vasharanpaladin
2010-03-08, 09:16 PM
...Must play. @_@

Real Sorceror
2010-03-08, 10:34 PM
Just gonna' go on and leave this here...
That is the awesome. The best kind of Pirate King is a giant, red, body-swapping, planet stealing space bird. Everyone from One Piece ain't got anything on Atomsk.

Table for the neat class:
You are The Man and/or Lady.

I'd whip up the epic ones for you, but I'm fuzzy on the way epic progression works. Looks awesome though.
Thanks. Epic in PF progresses at the same rate as the non-epic in terms of BAB and saves. In regular 3.5, you just add +1 every other level to your BAB and saves.

...Must play. @_@
The horrible thing is, I actually think its very balanced when compared to other PF classes. Now you just have to find a DM willing to put up with the absurdity of it.

Taffeta
2010-03-13, 03:08 AM
I think you'll be proud to know I've applied this in a heavily modified 3.5 game centered on Giant Mecha. And with a fair sum in magic items (cost equivalent to a giant mecha, natch'), I take him in without a suit. It's a blast.

Real Sorceror
2010-03-14, 08:31 AM
I think you'll be proud to know I've applied this in a heavily modified 3.5 game centered on Giant Mecha. And with a fair sum in magic items (cost equivalent to a giant mecha, natch'), I take him in without a suit. It's a blast.
That warms my nerdy heart. :smallbiggrin:
Did you notice anything it might need in playtesting it? :smallsmile:

Also, as a suggestion on the Giant Mecha, I'd personally recommend Dragonmech from Goodman Games. It might be kinda hard to find a copy nowadays, though. The Iron Kingdoms books are also worth taking a peak at.

Kuma
2010-03-14, 12:15 PM
:smalleek: oh dear. if any of my players' get thier hands on this.
well, there goes my campaign. seriously though it overall looks decent, I'm not amazing at balance, but it seems good.:smalltongue:

Eldan
2010-03-14, 01:06 PM
For a fully functional FLCL game, however, the Innuendo skill has to be brought back from 3.0 :smalltongue:

Real Sorceror
2010-03-27, 08:58 PM
New Feats!

Bazooka Baritone [Epic, FLCL]
Prerequisites: Tommy Gun Guitar
Benefit: The ranged attacks of the character’s guitar now deal the same amount of damage as her melee attacks, have a 120ft range increment, and a x3 critical. The guitar requires no ammo, instead producing large energy bolts when fired. The character still applies any weapon enhancements she has on her guitar to her ranged attacks.
Special: The character can choose ranged weapon enhancements in conjunction with her guitar.

These two feats will require you to have rules for Pathfinder's Summoner base class. Their Advanced PH beta pdf can be downloaded for free from the Piazo website.

Canti Cohort [FLCL]
Prerequisites: Mechanica
Benefit: The animated object’s Construction Points are converted to Evolution Points. The Mechanica can now choose abilities from the Eidolon Evolution list in addition to those available to an animated object.

Fusion [Epic, FLCL]
Prerequisites: Canti Cohort, Mechanica
Benefit: The Warrior can take a full round action to merge with his or her Mechanica. The amalgam gains the better ability scores and all class features of both characters. The new form has their combined hp total and is the same size as the larger character. Each time the Warrior fuses, he may reassign all of the Mechanica’s Evolution Points and determine the actual visual appearance and shape of the new form. The Warrior may fuse for a number of rounds each day equal to his Wisdom modifier. These rounds need not be consecutive. At the end of the final round, the two characters separate and are stunned for 1 round.

GrassyGnoll
2010-03-27, 11:13 PM
Sigh. Nothing amazing happens on these boards.

Glad to be wrong. This is sick. Sick like the tarantella, makes you want to get up and move furiously.

Real Sorceror
2010-03-27, 11:29 PM
Sigh. Nothing amazing happens on these boards.
I know, right? If only someone would post something different. Like a class based on some cracked-out anime where you fly around on a moped and beat people in the face with your violin. Now that would be interesting.

Glad to be wrong. This is sick. Sick like the tarantella, makes you want to get up and move furiously.
You flatterer. :smallamused:

The Tygre
2010-03-28, 12:03 AM
Where's the Eidolon Evolution thing, chief?

Taffeta
2010-03-28, 01:25 AM
Paizo can be hard to navigate, yeah.
For your convenience; http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8daf

Edit: Sorry, I did mean that honestly, not rudely. Paizo handles so many products, with such a poor directory structure, I've found it can be a nightmare just to find things in a timely manner. Especially with the scads of Pathfinder material they release in a given month for the ongoing pathfinder campaigns.
Going from that to their authenticating/personalizing cart function that doesn't always work right, and it somehow just gets weirder.

Real Sorceror
2010-03-28, 01:28 AM
Where's the Eidolon Evolution thing, chief?
Time for some show and tell!
I'd still suggest downloading this free pdf: Advanced Player's Guide Final Class Playtest PDF (http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8daf)
Among those classes is the Summoner, which functions a lot like that Final Fantasy class we've all been wanting to play. The Summoner gets a completely custom buddy called an Eidolon. It has Evolution Points that you spend on natural attacks, special abilities, etc.
It meshes real nice with the way Animated Objects work in the Pathfinder game, so it seemed like just the right thing for creating weird anime robots.

edit: Taffeta, you ninja!

The Tygre
2010-03-28, 03:34 AM
Paizo can be hard to navigate, yeah.
For your convenience; http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8daf

No need to be snarky about it, yeesh. :smallannoyed:

Lord Loss
2010-03-28, 07:46 AM
These are the times you're actually happy your players don't navigate the GITP forums. My players are already screwball enough. If they got their hands on this...

:smallbiggrin: Awesome class.

Real Sorceror
2010-03-28, 06:58 PM
New "Magic" Item! :smallwink:

http://www.agefive.com/FLCL/amarao020.jpg

Manly Eyebrows
Aura: Moderate Abjuration....Strong Manliness
Slot: Eyes/Goggles; Price: 1,000gp; Weight: -
Masterfully crafted from seaweed, these oversized, square eyebrows grant the wearer a +1 manliness bonus on Intimidate, Bluff, and Innuendo checks. In addition, the wearer cannot be used as an N.O. portal or a Cat Radio and receives a +1 manliness bonus to saves and AC against N.O. related attacks and abilities.
Requirements: Craft Wondrous Item

druid91
2010-04-04, 08:38 PM
What about Mamimi and her crazy video game arson?