PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Maltus Drunkbeard

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-08, 05:13 AM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.
Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||N|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM Notes:Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=188638)

ShotgunPete
2010-03-08, 02:39 PM
Sheet is fixed. I've never had much interest in Divine casters, so this DMM business is new to me, but a guy's gotta get that fast healing somehow.

I do the following things, assuming I don't trigger a trap or something else interrupts me.

I should have Rageclaws melded when I enter the dungeon. I cast a DMM Persisted Spell: Lesser Vigor (using all my turning attempts). I also cast Unseen Servant and enter Stance of Clarity.

I feel the torch for heat to see if it's the Everburning variety, and extinguish it if it isn't, switching to darkvision 70ft.

I stand at the opposite end of the room and have the unseen servant open the door if possible, while I wait to see what's there with a Javelin in hand. Is it just a standard wooden door with a handle?

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-08, 02:42 PM
The door is a 500lb sheet of lead, weighted to slide freely on deep-set grooves in the floor and the wall above the door.

The torch is just a plain torch.

The invisible man opens the door without incident.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-08, 04:03 PM
Ah crap, I must have screwed up subscribing to the thread, I didn't get an email notice when you replied 3 minutes later :smallsigh:

I peer outside the door and see what I can see

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-08, 04:11 PM
To the south, the corridor ends in a T-junction east/west after 30'. There's a split east after 20'.

To the east, there's a north/south split after 10', a door to the north after 30', another north/south split after 60', and the corridor continues past 70'.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-08, 04:18 PM
I head East, to the first split where I go north. The whole way I proceed while exploring unless otherwise noted is to have my Unseen Servant 10 ft ahead of me, and he will be using the 10ft pole to poke the walls, ceiling, and floors, checking for tripwires but probably not strong enough to search for pressure plates.

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-08, 04:25 PM
The ceiling is 20' high. You can't reach it.

At the split: To the south, the corridor goes 20' before turning west. There's a door on the eastern wall after 15'.

To the north, the corridor goes 20' before turning east.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-08, 04:28 PM
I go south at the junction 20ft where I turn west

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-08, 04:35 PM
you find a pit trap just to your south. 5' across.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-08, 04:40 PM
Is the corridor 5ft wide? If so I take 10 on the climb check to shimmy across the gap propped against both walls, and get -10 on the DC, that should autosucceed I think. Checking real quick...

If successful I continue south and around the bend west.

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-08, 04:49 PM
Oh, you poor sod..

As you start to climb the walls, a trp triggers, and a fusillade of darts rains on you from above:

[roll0] darts, take as needed from:

[roll1] vs flatfooted
[roll2] damage

[roll3] vs flatfooted
[roll4] damage

[roll5] vs flatfooted
[roll6] damage

[roll7] vs flatfooted
[roll8] damage

ShotgunPete
2010-03-08, 04:58 PM
Will I require a climb check, or did I make it safely to the other side before they fired?

All darts hit, 5/14hp but slowly healing

edit: If I made it, I wait the 9 rounds to heal before moving on as stated.

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-08, 05:04 PM
Yeah, you make it.

headed south, past the door, you see that to the west the corridor goes only 10' before meeting a north/south corridor and ending there.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-08, 05:09 PM
If my makeshift map is any indication, I believe that the corridor I now see was the one running south from the starting room. I turn south down this corridor and go 10 ft to the east/west T-intersection. I look both ways and assuming I see nothing interesting that wants to kill me I'll go west there.

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-08, 05:34 PM
To the west: the corridor goes 10' before turning south for 10', and then turns east.

To the east: The corridor turns north after 40', and there's a door on the northern wall with a red and white painted bullseye on the ground outside it after 35'.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-08, 05:42 PM
Crap, I drew my map wrong already, connected a hallway piece at the wrong place, I'll have that problem converting text to graphpaper. New piece of paper...

I think I'll go into that door I just passed. Ill have the unseen servant open it, while I stand in the closest space with waraxe drawn.

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-09, 05:07 AM
Errr...you did meet up with the starting southern hallway, just so you know.

Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||||B|H[/table]
There is a door at A-2, which you are just outside of, another at E-4, south side and another at E-3. There is a human wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.
Initiative:[roll0]

ShotgunPete
2010-03-09, 01:20 PM
Initiative [roll0]

ShotgunPete
2010-03-09, 01:27 PM
Move: move 25ft to D3
Standard: Initiate Steel Wind, attacking both enemies
human - attack - damage [roll]1d1d0+3
beast thing - attack [roll1] - damage [roll2]

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-09, 02:21 PM
[roll0] fixed damage roll.

He moves to D2, eating the AoO, and casts a spell. A wave of colors washes over you, make a will save.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-09, 02:58 PM
Hmmm I thought I posted a second roll

Counter - Initiate Moment of Perfect Mind, making a concentration check instead [roll0]

ShotgunPete
2010-03-09, 02:59 PM
AoO [roll0] - damage [roll1]

ShotgunPete
2010-03-09, 03:02 PM
Standard: Initiating Steely Strike [roll0] - damage [roll1]

edit: oops forgot the beast thing gets a move

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-09, 04:46 PM
Sorry, forgot tosat, the beast vanished when the human was attacked and his concentration broken.

Oh, and you kill him.

150XP, longsword, chain shirt.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-09, 04:59 PM
I'll secure the loot in my sack, ready to drop if I run into something. I'll set that down and wait in D3 with a javelin drawn while my unseen servant opens the door in E3, waiting to throw it at the first thing I see. If it's just a hallway or another room I'll peek my head inside to get the description, then send my unseen servant to poke everything he can for traps with the 10ft pole he can while still staying within his 25ft range to me inside the current room.

Finding nothing with the above method, I'll stand in E3 with a javelin, while the unseen servant opens the door in E4 south and performs a similar search, assuming no combat.

Initiative just in case [roll0]

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-09, 05:19 PM
Outside the E4 door is a red and white painted bullseye on the ground.

Outside the E3 door, the corridor turns west after 10' south, and turns east after 10' north.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-09, 05:27 PM
I'd feel dumb without excuse if I just walked on that bulls-eye and it fired off a trap... I'll go through the E3 door going south, then turning west, hoping I can make it to the other side, unseen servant prodding with the pole 10ft ahead of me.

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-09, 06:22 PM
it leads to the bullseye...Past the bullseye, you see the corridor end in a t-junction north/south after a short distance.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-09, 06:26 PM
Hmm, according to my map, heading north at that T junction would go into the color spray guy's room, though that can't be right. I'll glance both ways at the N/S junction, then assuming nothing tries to slay me I go north, unseen servant first.

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-09, 07:08 PM
'a short distance' in this case being 40', and that's the north split. The corridor turns south after 50' (sorry, got the map wrong)

the north split is what you could see to the south at the start.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-09, 07:14 PM
Alrighty, I'll follow this passage west, unseen servant prodding in the lead in the lead. I'll take that T intersection south.

There was only path south right? If not I'll peek down both and take the first one I come to.

The unseen servant lasts an hour, but as I haven't done any extensive searching, I've been in here what, like 5 minutes, give-or-take?

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-10, 04:43 AM
Pretty much...costs you a bit to get through doors, and to take the armor off the dude, but you'll be barely at 10 mins if so.

I'll probably say 5 mins per room, nothing for hallways, and add a bit depending on what else you do.

Turning south, the corridor goes' 10' before turning east, and you cannot see anything in this corridor. it continues further than your vision, and there's nothing interesting within sight.

ShotgunPete
2010-03-10, 10:34 AM
Alright, I'll keep following this path. I'll follow this long hallway east until I come to something of note. If it simply branches, I'll peer down the split and continue on. If I run into a door on the way, I'll stop and have the unseen servant open it. If I can stand behind him to throw into the door with a javelin, I'll do that, but if it's still 5ft corridors where I can't maneuver like that I'll just stand next to the door with my axe. Initiative just in case - [roll0]

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-11, 06:00 AM
Ok, on the way, you're targetted by a splash of acid as your servant pokes the floor in front of you both:

[roll0] vs flatfooted touch AC for [roll1] acid damage.

You spot a door as your servant finds a pit, which you both make it over easily.

Then you're hit by more acid:
[roll2] FF touch ac for [roll3] acid damage.

5' corridors, so just axe.

Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||1|
4|||||
5||||| [/table]
There is a door at B5, which you are just outside of, and another at B1. There is an orc in the middle of the room. It holds a Ripper and wears a chainmail, as well as a pair of goggles.
Initiative:[roll4]

ShotgunPete
2010-03-11, 03:50 PM
Not trying to be an ass in case you didn't forget, but you won initiative. :smalltongue:

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-12, 07:35 AM
Nope, I forgot.

The Orc moves into striking range, and attacks, yelling STEELY STRIKE

[roll0]
[roll1]

ShotgunPete
2010-03-12, 12:39 PM
Ouch, well that rocked my world. 1/14 hp. On my turn it raises to 2/14.

Free: The orc is the target of stance of clarity (20 AC)
Standard: STEELY STRIKE right back at yah, mr. green and toothy.
attack [roll0] - damage [roll1]

+1 racial attack vs Orcs don't fail me now... or roll a natural 1, either way is cool :smalltongue:

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-13, 12:25 PM
The Orc yells STONE BONES

and hits you.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ShotgunPete
2010-03-17, 12:10 PM
that would be a miss

Swift - refresh maneuvers
Standard - regular attack [roll0] - damage [roll1]

hp back to 3/14

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-17, 12:52 PM
that's a hit. The orc takes a last swing at you, and falls over dead:

[roll0]

[roll1]

ShotgunPete
2010-03-17, 01:34 PM
I kick the dead orc in anger, the hole he poked in me will stitch itself up in seconds, but somebody bought me this suit of scale mail he scuffed up! Ah well, I'll take it off and replace it with the chain mail the orc was wearing for a +1 AC, and -1 ACP. What's a ripper, and can I tell what purpose the goggles serve by trying them on? Regardless, I stuff everything in the room I can find save the dead orc into my loot sack and have my unseen servant open door B1, while I stand in B3 with a javelin drawn. (I'll throw one someday!)

Initiative, just in case [roll0]

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-17, 05:57 PM
150XP, ripper, sundark goggles, chain shirt.

He also has a gem worth 50gp.

A ripper is a spear version of a greatsword.