PDA

View Full Version : Evil things to do to the party bard

WarKitty
2010-03-08, 11:27 AM
Background: My character is a NE lvl3 druid lvl1 fighter with a wolf companion. The character in question is a level 3 gnomish druid. I had recruited 2 of the other members of the party to look for a set of powerful magic orbs that are somehow connected with the bindings of the world; we rescued the other 2 (including the party bard) along the way. Theoretically my character was to get the orbs (not that any of us pay attention to this theoretical loot splitting idea). This particular orb had been taken by a juvenile green dragon. We got it to take off in battle, at which point the bard used prestidigitation to levitate the orb over to herself and run with it. Naturally the dragon decided to focus the remainder of it's efforts on her.

Long story short, we had almost killed the dragon when the bard panicked and smashed the orb. I actually killed the dragon the next turn. My character is understandably rather angry at the bard, but too pragmatic to actually kill a useful party member yet. So...I need ways to make said bard's life as miserable as possible, preferably without doing anything that could clearly be traced back back to malicious intent on my part.

Any ideas?

onthetown
2010-03-08, 11:40 AM
Does s/he play a stringed instrument? Wait until they're sleeping, then completely loosen or tighten all the strings to the point of being waaaaay out of tune. It might take awhile to get going in the morning, but it sounds like your character doesn't care.

Or are they a singer? Find a drink or some sort of food that tends to give you a sore throat. Storyteller? Interrupt all their stories with cute, yet unnecessary, anecdotes every time the story is approaching the climax. Dancer? Small rocks in their shoes before you head out for the day.

Just be careful to not annoy the bard's player. Making a character's life miserable in roleplay tends to make the player's experience just as miserable, especially over something like a mistake.

some guy
2010-03-08, 11:57 AM
Summon grubs and maggots in the bard's food. Charm scorpions and snakes in the bard's boots, while he is sleeping. Before he wakes up, cast entangle so he can't get up. Cast barkskin on him if he's planning to perform for an audiance, so he's looking like an hideous treeman. Warp his wooden instrument.
But like Riyoukaze said, be carefull not to spoil his fun (too much). Know where your boundaries should be. Don't let it evolve in a long standing feud.

WarKitty
2010-03-08, 12:02 PM
Just so everyone knows: The player and I have been friends for a number of years, so I have a fair idea of what I can and can't do.

Entangle sounds good. Maybe chew things up (wolfie has a tendency to get into mischief, e.g. drinking from the dwarven fighter's ale glass.)

Telonius
2010-03-08, 12:02 PM
Start a rumor that he's accepted a position as court minstrel to the local lord. Nothing ruins a Bard's reputation more than selling out to the Man.

Do a modified Salieri gambit: start prodding him to write a masterpiece. Find minor criticisms with each iteration of it. Eventually he'll work himself to death trying to finish it.

Find a person of his preferred gender with a grating personality, and feed him a love potion before he meets this person. This situation will surely cause the adventuring party to break up.

valadil
2010-03-08, 12:26 PM
Last time I was a bard the party got mean and I had them all killed. I'm not allowed to play bards anymore. Point being, don't underestimate the bard and don't do anything mean enough to make him get revenge.

But if you do want to go over the top, distribute STDs to every woman he even hits at. Then watch them chase him down for revenge.

WarKitty
2010-03-08, 12:43 PM
Oh, I know the bard is a pretty powerful character. The bard *is* female, and the DM put a moratorium on sex with NPC's after the party sorceress got pregnant by sleeping with a ghoul (and gave it herpes in the process).

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to kill/seriously injure/get rid of the bard - just annoy the heck out of her! :smallbiggrin:

Rhyvurg
2010-03-08, 01:14 PM
Some buddies of mine in the service used to do this one to whoever passed out drunk first when we were on leave. Figure out who the gnome is absolutely repelled by, someone she would never, ever, EVER consider as a bed partner, no matter the circumstances (don't be afraid to go outside the humanoid type to find someone/something) Charm it, get her drunk to the point she passes out, then strip her down, put her in bed, and tell the Charmed subject to lay next to her, but not do anything else. She wakes up, sees who she's with, assumes the worst, and freaks right the heck out.