PDA

View Full Version : Optimising a shifter warshaper

PanNarrans
2010-03-08, 02:29 PM
Warshaper obviously goes well with the Shifter race. How can I make this combo fun to play?

DaTedinator
2010-03-08, 02:34 PM
Oh boy, I had a fun shifter warshaper one time. Cleave, the Paladin (of Freedom)/Barbarian Warshaper. The dude was vicious.

Barbarian is obviously a nice choice, because the combination of rage, shifting, and 2nd level Warshaper can throw your Strength up at least 10 points, not to mention that shifter feat that bumps your natural weapon damage when shifting and raging.

Other fun classes to throw in are either Bear Warrior and/or Weretouched Master, getting your Strength up even higher when raging/shifting. Frenzied Berserker is also fun, of course.

Basically, my advice in a nutshell? Rage.

zagan
2010-03-08, 03:34 PM
I second DaTedinator advice I'm currently playing a Shifter Druidic avenger 5/Weretouched master 5 going into warshaper next level and it's a lot of fun.
(Yeah theoriquely I need one more level of druid to qualify for weretouched master but my DM was nice)

I particulary recommand the shifter druid substitution level that replace wildshape and give more shifting. While it's way inferior it allow to depend less on shifter feat to gain more shifting per day.