PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doom [3.5]

evil-frosty
2010-03-08, 10:31 PM
A little background first: You guys all met in Terrelton heading towards Drellins Ferry for different reasons all concerning the Witchwood, and thought it good to travel together.

The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and still. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with a seemingly endless line of dusty flyspecks of towns. The town of Drellins Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you. It's a settlement hard on the borders of the Witchwood, and the best place from which to begin exploring the forest.

The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You've have passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong.

Spot Checks around please.

Characters

Dusk Eclipse- http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=190806
Kyuubi- http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=190365
d13- http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=186019
Cockroach Tea Party-http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=190821
The Merchandise- http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=190924 Also in your first post please just say a little thing bout your character, also what color you will be using when you type speech.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-08, 11:01 PM
Dark orange can be Alexander's color.
Also, he is 24, but looks about 17 or 18. He's friendly and, at times, naive, but has a fairly impressive understanding of people and their nature. Though he remains optimistic about the whole thing and sees only the best in people. Until they try t kill things.

Spot: [roll0]

He shakes off the feeling of unease momentarily, but it keeps nagging at him. His eyes glow and remain focused ahead. His hands tighten their grip on his spear, as he readies himself a bit more for what lies ahead. He hopes he's just being paranoid, but that hope is fleeting for a change.

OOC: i realized i unwittingly gave myself the naive flaw...do you think it'd be alright if i took point blank shot? if not, no worries. as you can tell, i'm not exactly optimizing right now.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-08, 11:05 PM
This will be Morana's color

Her real name is Belial. Given to her by her father and it can mean either A "Worthless" or B. "without worth"

spot check.

[roll0]

d13
2010-03-08, 11:40 PM
Nadya (Will speak in Royal Blue)

(Copypasting the Personality as is:)
Courageous, tactical and zealous in battle, Nadya is an ignited flame when she draws her sword, always looking for the enemy who looks the most versed in the art of swordplay to test herself.
Outside of battle she is kind-hearted, easy-going, but focused nonetheless. A protector of the oppressed, she will always put those in danger before herself, even if that would signify her death.

She has a very deep bond with her horse, and will talk to her from time to time.

[roll0]

And is too focused to pay attention to her surroundings xD

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-09, 01:12 AM
Frostscale

Atop his shaggy white warhorse, Frostscale is a sight to behold. Mounted, he towers over most everyone like a moving mountain of silver. On the rare occasions you've seen him afoot, he is just as imposing, pushing eight feet tall and made all the more intimidating by his heavy armor and elaborate, dragonhead-shaped greathelm.

For most of the first day you traveled alongside him, you never saw what he looked like underneath his armor. The name 'Frostscale' is obviously a nom-de-guerre, typically used by knights errant who wish to maintain a certain level of anonymity. Whether he wishes to be a mystery knight out of necessity or for the romance of it all, it is hard to say. However, by the end of the first day's travel, Frostscale removed his helmet for all to see.

The group was already unusual for harboring a Dragonborn of Bahamut among its ranks; the revelation that Frostscale too was one of the chosen sons of the Platinum Dragon was all the more unlikely, yet undeniably true. With an easy, tooth-filled grin, Frostscale's draconic features made him look somehow even more noble and inspiring than when his helmet was on. The fact that another Dragonborn was on the same road as him was not simple coincidence in his sight. Frostscale declared that the group must have been predestined to travel together, brought together by the will of Bahamut himself.

Since that day, he has been a pleasant enough traveling companion. He rarely speaks, but is quick to laugh at any jokes, jests, or songs. His voice is deep and resonating, and his laugh is loud and lustful. When you made camp, Frostscale's beautiful mount (named Snowdrift) has inexplicably disappeared, only to return the next morning, fully barded and ready to go. If asked about this unusual phenomenon, Frostscale has only replied with a smile and a wink. "She's a gift from my Lord." is all he says about her.

Frostscale has the odd habit of sleeping in his armor, a feat that would leave most normal people exhausted and chafed. In the mornings, when everyone breaks their fast, he removes select pieces of his armor and rubs down his silvery scales with sand to keep them clean. He eats and drinks from a set of magical rations which replenish themselves each day.

As you approach the forlorn farmhouse, Frostscale straps his shield to his left arm. "I do not like the look of this place," he says, his voice echoing within the confines of his greathelm...

Spot check: [roll0]

Also, I hate to post the following with such terrible timing, but I will be gone most all of tomorrow. I probably won't be able to post again until Wednesday evening. So sorry!
Should combat be joined, Frostscale will draw his lance and charge any obviously evil foes, granting quarter if it is asked. He will use his Ride-By-Attack feat to put distance between his target, ideally earning him several charge attempts. He will focus on foes in the road, where he can navigate his mount with ease.

evil-frosty
2010-03-09, 07:15 AM
[roll0]

You all succeed on your spot check, even you Nadya. You all see some hobgoblins trying to be sneaky in the trees on either side but utterly failing.

Roll Initiative

evil-frosty
2010-03-09, 07:18 AM
Hobgoblins Init [roll0]

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-09, 07:45 AM
Frostscale

Snowdrift wickers nervously at the scent of the lurking goblinoids. Frostscale draws his long, masterfully-crafted darkwood lance, and tucks it underneath his right shoulder.
"Show yourselves! We are but peaceful travelers, but should you stand in our way, your lives are at risk!"
The knight's eyes glow blue as divine energy surges through them, to better reveal the allegiance of the potential ambushers. Though Frostscale was already quite certain the hobgoblins were up to no good, it never hurt to be too careful at times such as these...

Initiative: [roll0]
Move Action: draw lance
Standard Action: use Detect Evil, detecting the presence or absence of evil auras within a 60 ft. cone, directed at the nearest hobgoblins.
Should any attack or charge, Frostscale will take his Attack of Opportunity, taking advantage of his lance's 10 ft. reach.

d13
2010-03-09, 10:11 AM
Nadya

Smelling danger at the same time as Snowflake, Nadya comes to a halt immediately.

"Girl, I know you don't like this, but please, bare with me. Just stay here and call me if you need help"

Walking towards the Knight, she shouts, immediately after him.

"I can smell you're there, rats! Don't make me chase you!"

d13
2010-03-09, 10:13 AM
(See? This is why we need an OOC thread :smalltongue:)

[roll0]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-09, 02:17 PM
EDIT: How many hobs are there?
While far from being a neophyte in the ways of combat, Alex certainly isn't one to start a fight. (whispering to companions) Friends, perhaps we shouldn't antagonize them. There may be a diplomatic solution to this that doesn't result in lives being lost. (shouting to bugbears) Look, is there any way we can talk about this? No one needs to get hurt here today.
Initiative: [roll0]
move: get up close next to frostscale and his horse (both to whisper to and somewhat hide behind)
standard: invoke entropic warding- OOC: he may not be terribly bright and may think this situation won't have to result in a fight, but he ain't an idiot.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-09, 02:54 PM
[roll0]

Isabella will wait to see what her allies do before acting.

evil-frosty
2010-03-09, 04:27 PM
There are six hobgoblin, 3 on each side that you see. And 50 feet ahead of you see a hell hound break from a bush and charge towards you.
Taking a double move action the hell hound gets to whoever was leading the party, Frostscale I presume.

Hobgoblins turn they stay in the brush and attack.

2 arrows fly towards Frostscale.
Attack:[roll0] [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] [roll3]

2 attacks on Nadya
Attack:[roll4] [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] [roll7]

One attack on Morana
Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

One attack on Alex
Attack: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Also since Dusk Eclipse isnt here/posting yet. He isnt with you guys yet. You'll meet him later on.

Scratch the last two attacks, my bad.

evil-frosty
2010-03-09, 04:29 PM
Last two attacks again.
On Morana
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

On Alex
Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

No one hits they all bounce off of you or miss horribly pack to the top of Initiative or just all of you.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-09, 05:28 PM
Alex frowns as an arrow whizzes by him. Have it your way...
Quick draws his crossbow. (How far away are the hobs roughly?)
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
if they're within 30ft for whatever reason, add one to the attack and damage for point blank shot.
whether or not he hits, his move action is getting his spear back out.
EDIT: (looks like point blank shot doesn't matter. however, still would like to know distance)

evil-frosty
2010-03-09, 09:03 PM
The distance is 15-20 feet, that being the nearest. And the last 5-10 feet being brush and trees. And you miss.

d13
2010-03-10, 11:00 AM
Nadya

Maneuvers readied:
* Moment of Perfect Mind
* Sudden Leap
* Emerald Razor
* Mountain Hammer
Active stance:
* Hunter's Sense

Glancing back to check on Snowflake as the arrows fly by, Nadya walks calmly towards the hell hound in front of them, bringing her sword down as she reaches it.

"Heeeey, puppy puppy puppy!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

If crit (18-20):
[roll2]
[roll3]

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-10, 05:33 PM
Frostscale

The arrows bounce harmlessly off armor and barding as Frostscale readies himself. After catching an arrow in his stout darkwood shield, he lowers his lance and puts his heels into Snowdrift. The banner tied near the end of his lance flutters through the still air, making the platinum dragon embroidered upon it seem to take flight.
"For the Platinum Dragon!"

On Frostscale's next turn, he will charge any viable targets in the road. The hell hound takes priority over other targets, but should it be impossible to charge he will seek another foe.
He can charge 70 ft., and with his 10 ft. reach can threaten any foe in clear terrain within 80 ft. or so. Should he need some extra distance, he can spur his mount to charge 90 ft., increasing his threat range to 100 ft.

Charge Attack: [roll0] (+2 charging, +1 mounted vs. unmounted foes)

Ideally, he will use Ride-By-Attack to continue moving past his target, moving to the maximum distance allowed.

This drops both his and his mount's AC by 2, leaving Frostscale at AC 20 and Snowdrift at AC 22.

Should Snowdrift be hit, he'll attempt a Ride check as a free action to try and negate the hit: [roll2]

Should a charge prove impossible, he will target some other target with his lance (subtract 2 from the attack, and cut the damage dealt in half)

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-10, 05:40 PM
OH SNAP!

As the dirt churns beneath the hooves of Frostscale's mount, it seems that Bahamut himself is guiding the lethal-sharp steel tip of the lance as it plunges ever-onwards towards its target...

Oh dear!
Crit confirmation: [roll0]

A lance is normally x3, but the charge is double damage, so that makes it a x4, correct?

Somethings gonna die!

evil-frosty
2010-03-10, 06:42 PM
The only target you had a real nice shot at was the hobgoblin down the street a little ways and on your left. You cant rideby because of brush and terrain getting in the way, and now your lance has a new bloody trophy sticking on it in the form of a head.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-11, 11:48 PM
Kyuubi, you're up. Show everyone why daddy was wrong :smallwink:

Mystic Muse
2010-03-12, 12:03 AM
Lesser orb of cold vs the Hell hound's touch AC

[roll0]

[roll1] cold damage

evil-frosty
2010-03-12, 07:15 AM
The hell hound dies with part of its head iced over.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-13, 02:24 AM
When's the next round starting?

Are there any more targets viable for a charge attack? Ride-by-Attack?

evil-frosty
2010-03-13, 01:22 PM
Hobgoblins Turn

3 Attacks on Morana
Attacks: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

2 attacks on Nadya
Attacks: [roll6] [roll7]
Damage: [roll8] [roll9]

Morana gets hit once for 6 points of damage the rest of the attacks miss horribly. Your turn now.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-13, 02:30 PM
Hearing Morana's pain, Alex whips his head around to find an arrow lodged in her shoulder. His jaw clenches and his eyes glow, as he begins to whisper, and dark arcane energies pulse around his form. This is the darkness inside of him. Still unrefined and unpredictable, his powers are not a display the rest of you are phased by, or even impressed. But the hobgoblins should take heed of the warning. The energy gathers in his hand, as he raises it slowly, then throws his arm forward, sending off an eldritch blast.
At the nearest enemy. If it's the same guy, 15-20 feet away, then +1 to hit and damage. Or if he's within 30 ft in general. Otherwise, rolls are as is.
Attack: [roll0] against touch AC
and jut in case he's got enough cover, percentile roll- aiming high here
though i'd prefer aiming for someone who doesn't have cover, obviously. can we get like a map or some sort of idea of the layout?
[roll2]

You cowards! You BASTARDS! You have two options: you can leave now, or you can DIE. It's your choice, but if we have to come in there to kill you, we WILL! You can bet your life on it..."

If for some reason the nearest guy was out of his 60 foot range, he moved into it. If not, he moves over to Morana to end his turn.

PS: sorry for acting out of initiative order all the time, but my posting might be sporadic for when the time actually comes that i'm needed, so i just like to get it out of the way. if that bothers anyone, i'll stop.

d13
2010-03-14, 09:38 PM
Nadya
Maneuvers readied:
* Moment of Perfect Mind
* Sudden Leap
* Emerald Razor
* Mountain Hammer
Active stance:
* Hunter's Sense

Seeing as the arrows targeted at her fly wide, Nadya boosts forward to the closest hobgoblin, swinging her sword on arrival.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] Higher hits. Use if needed.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-17, 05:19 PM
Morana will attempt to hit the strongest looking enemy within her range. Unless One of the remaining enemies looks weak enough to possibly drop in which case she'll attack them.

lesser orb of cold

[roll0]

[roll1] cold damage.

evil-frosty
2010-03-17, 07:26 PM
Another hobgoblin goes down, As it stands is that there are 4 hobgoblins total left 2 on each side of the road. 6 hobgoblins come running down a small side path with a hellhound and a tougher looking hobgoblin trailing them by 5 feet. They are 20 feet away from Frostscale.

They will focus fire on the nearest target of Frostscale.

Attacks:[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Damage:[roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

evil-frosty
2010-03-17, 07:28 PM
Screwed up my bad

Attacks:[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Damage:[roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

3 natural ones how nice, now i guess would be a good time to mention that nothin horrendously bad will happen if you roll a one you just fail spectacularly like my hobgoblins just did.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-17, 08:17 PM
With most of the arrows outright missing, and a few more bouncing harmlessly off his armor, Frostscale turns his mount around and charges once more, his bloody lance on a deadly trajectory towards its next target...

If there's another chargeable enemy, Frostscale shall charge once more.

Ride check to negate damage should the horse be targeted: [roll2]

It no charge if available, lessen the attack by 2 and halve the damage.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-17, 08:20 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

Once again, it seems Frostscale's lance is being guided by some higher power. The earth churns, the knight and his mount's breathing seem to be in unison, and the sun shines with blinding brilliance upon armor, barding, and pointed, sharpened steel...

Sweet Marry, another critical hit confirmation. I feel bad wasting all my criticals on goons. Oh well.

Confirmation: [roll0]
Extra Damage: [roll1]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-18, 12:48 AM
In light of the reinforcements, Alex looks to divine guidance for help. He begins to pray to the Dweller on the Horizon to guide our heroes strikes so that they may tear out the hearts of these corrupted villains. All allies within 50' are Blessed. +1 to attacks and saves vs. fear.
If at all possible, he'd move to bless everyone. If not, as many as possible, favoring those with lower bonuses.

evil-frosty
2010-03-19, 04:01 PM
Frostscale you rip off another head as you ride through the reinforcements and travel around 40 feet past them.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-19, 10:25 PM
//so i guess then that he is not within range of my blessing. :/
not even sure we needed it. but hey, hope it helps. and it's not like i'll be doing much damage right now.

evil-frosty
2010-03-19, 11:39 PM
Ya he is the only one out of it.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-20, 12:00 AM
Morana will move five feet towards the reinforcements and cast grease. Targeting the two in front.] they must make a reflex save of 16 or fall and have to make a DC 10 balance check. failure means they can't move and failure by 5 or more means they fall again.

evil-frosty
2010-03-20, 12:04 AM
Saves

Saves:[roll0] [roll1]

Balance Checks: [roll2] [roll3]

The one who made the save and check will move forward out of the area of the spell.

d13
2010-03-22, 07:42 PM
Nadya
Maneuvers readied:
* Moment of Perfect Mind
* Sudden Leap
* Emerald Razor
* Mountain Hammer
Active stance:
* Hunter's Sense

Seeing the knight having a streak on his kills, Nadya charges the goblin that escaped the spell; her impossibly long sword whistling in the wind as she runs.

[roll0] (+1 Bless, +2 Charge, -2 Power Attack)
[roll1] (+4 Power Attack)

[OOC: AC is 16 until my next turn]

evil-frosty
2010-03-22, 08:30 PM
The goblin is still standing but wishing that it wasnt.

Hobgoblin on Nadya
Attack:
Damage:[roll1]

4 in the Trees focus fire again on Morana
Attacks: [roll1d20+3 [roll1d20+3
Damage:[roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Hell Hound Jumps forward to attack Nadya
Attack:[roll6]
Damage:[roll]1d8+1d6+1

4 Hobgoblin Reinforcements will attack the knight seeing him take off the head of their companion.
Attacks: [roll1d20+3 [roll1d20+3
Damage:[roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10]

Leader in the Back will step up on Nadya as well and swing with his two short swords.
Attacks: [roll11] [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] [roll14]

And Frostscale please make a will save DC 14. Also Morana and Alex will now notice a third hobgoblin on the right slightly further back who looks like a cleric.

evil-frosty
2010-03-22, 08:34 PM
Today has not been my day. Screwed up my bad.

Attacks: [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

Hell Hound Jumps forward to attack Nadya
Attack:[roll5]
Damage:[roll6] + [roll7]

4 Hobgoblin Reinforcements will attack the knight seeing him take off the head of their companion.
Attacks: [roll8] [roll1d20+3 [roll1d20+3
Damage:[roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12]

I think thats all the places i screwed up.

evil-frosty
2010-03-22, 08:37 PM
GODDAMN IT

Attacks: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]
Damage:[roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]

Attacks: [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]
Damage:[roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15]

evil-frosty
2010-03-22, 08:40 PM
Crit on Morana

Extra Damage: [roll0]

Mystic Muse
2010-03-22, 09:39 PM
so. Morana is at -9.

I shall be making a less squishy character I guess.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-22, 10:04 PM
Frostscale

"Morana! No!"

Frostscale barely has time to thank Bahamut for another vanquished foe before he sees his comrade fall. However, a dark power seems to nag at the knight's mind...

Will Save: [roll0]

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-22, 10:18 PM
Frostscale shrugs off the magics of the enemy cleric, his divine patron protecting him. Atop his mount, he surveys the battlefield, weighing his options. There was a chance he could save Morana, at his own peril...

Could Frostscale reach Morana's dying form? If his mount double moves (up to 70 ft.), Frostscale could attempt to dismount, then Lay on Hands to save her. If I need extra speed, he will spur his mount, possibly allowing him to move 90 ft. Ride check to spur mount, DC 15: [roll0], Snowdrift takes 1 damage.
So, the horse double moves (up to 70-90 ft.), possibly risking attacks of opportunity.
Ride check to negate a lucky hit: [roll1]
Ride check to dismount as a free action, DC 20: [roll2]
Failing that, Frostscale will dismount as a move action.
Free action: drop lance.
Standard action: lay on hands, healing Morana 15 hp.
If Frostscale still has a move action, he will pick up his lance again.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-23, 01:32 AM
OOC:
really? i mean...i'm a cleric....i can quite easily throw out a cure mod...but you know, whatever.
Alex seethes with rage. His eyes glow brighter, radiating light that obscures his face. Through teeth gritted so hard its a wonder he speaks, a deeper than normal voice emanates- YOU ALL WILL PERISH! The light forms around him and seems to radiate outward (in a 30' radius) as he prays to the Traveler for the power to vanquish these foes. Light of Mercuria activates on his person. He swiftly moves over to Morana to guard her from further onslaught.
(OOC: Remember if/when attacking me with range to roll miss chances- 20%. Entropic Warding FTW.)
EDIT: i meant swiftly for fluff- i don't mean he used the travel devotion feat

evil-frosty
2010-03-23, 03:52 PM
Frostscale you could do that, you are about 90 feet away give or take a foot, but i think Alex has it covered, and Merchandise Morana has a round before dying just so you know.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-23, 05:13 PM
(Frostscale will do it, then. We don't have the luxury to wait, and it seems like I made all the rolls I needed to. I'll get back in the fight on the next round.)

TheMerchandise
2010-03-23, 07:13 PM
I guess I just assumed that he'd be able to get there after seeing his impressive rolls. Had he been unable, I would've healed her that round instead of seething and huffing and puffing and all that. In the future, I'll wait for confirmation just in case.

evil-frosty
2010-03-23, 10:32 PM
So Morana is at 6 and with 2 people standing protectively over her. It is now Nadya's and Morana's turn to act before the hobgoblins.

d13
2010-03-24, 06:30 PM
[OOC: Ouch. 25 damage in a single turn. That hurted D:]

Nadya
Maneuvers readied:
* Moment of Perfect Mind
* Sudden Leap
* Emerald Razor
* Mountain Hammer
Active stance:
* Hunter's Sense

Oblivious to Morana's state, and seeing a new hobgoblin joining the fray, she draws back to her training, focusing her attack on the new threat (the two-blades hobgoblin).

Crunch: Power Attacking for full, using Emerald Razor to hit touch AC instead of regular AC

[roll0]
[roll1]

evil-frosty
2010-03-24, 08:09 PM
He barely dodges your swing as you underestimate the distance between you two.

OOC

You missed by 2 and 25 points does hurt, but on the bright side i finally hit something :smalltongue:

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-25, 11:47 AM
(Who are we waiting on? Have the enemies gone yet? The lack of an OOC thread is really killing me here.)

Mystic Muse
2010-03-25, 11:58 AM
Morana is going to use mirror image [roll0] Okay. I get two illusionary versions of me.

(sorry. that was me. Couldn't get on to reply Yesterday.)

evil-frosty
2010-03-25, 04:20 PM
Hobgoblins Turn

2 Swords on Nadya
Atk: [roll0] [roll1]
Dmg: [roll2] [roll3]

Hob. Reg. on Nadya
Atk: [roll4]
Dmg:[roll5]

Hell Hound on Nadya
Atk:[roll6]
Dmg:[roll7]+[roll8]

4 in the Trees will attack the glowing cleric
Atk: [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12]
Dmg: [roll13] [roll14] [roll15] [roll16]

Hobgoblin in the Grease Balance Check [roll17]

2 Hobgoblins behind the hellhound will focus on Frostscale
Atk:[roll18] [roll19]
Dmg: [roll20] [roll21]

Priest on the left will double move to get behind the hobgoblin with 2 swords and beside the 2 archers.

I believe I only hit the cleric for 6.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-25, 04:32 PM
OOC:
if you would please roll the miss chances for those 2 before i edit my HP on the character sheet. just in case. 20% chance.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-25, 07:14 PM
Frostscale

Perhaps it is his armor, or perhaps it is the protection of Bahamut Himself; whatever the case, the knight seems all but untouchable. With Morana safe for the nonce, Frostscale puts a foot in one of Snowdrift's stirrups and swings himself once more back in the saddle. He raises his lance on high, its blood-stained banner flapping wetly in the air.
"To me! To me! Onward to victory!"
As one, rider and warhorse continue their attack on the hobgoblin highwaymen. Though red goblin blood has stained both armor and barding, the dragonborn still manages to look noble and inspiring even in the thick of bloody melee.

I'm having trouble visualizing the positions of our allies and enemies.

Ride check to mount as a free action, DC 20: [roll0]
Edit: failed. Charge impossible. Move action: mount Snowdrift.

If a Charge attack is impossible this turn. (I.e., failed the previous Ride check, or there's too much crap in the way):

Ride check to fight with mount, DC 10: [roll1]
Regardless of the result, Snowdrift will attack this turn against any hobgoblins within reach, taking a 5 foot step if needed.
Full Attack
2 hooves: [roll2] [roll3]
Bite: [roll4]
Damage: hooves: [roll5] [roll6] bite: [roll7]
If the Ride check is successful, Frostscale will attack with his lance at a likely target within 10 ft. Attack: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]

If a Full Attack is impossible
As above, but Snowdrift will take a 35 foot move to get close to a likely target. He will make only 1 hoof attack (the first one rolled), and if the Ride check is successful, Frostscale will make his lance attack.

Okay... that was a lot of rolling...

Edit: deleted the charge rolls to save space.
Another Edit: With his 10 ft. reach, and mounted, Frostscale will take any attack of opportunity that might present itself.
Also, not all of these attacks will be concentrated on one foe; each attack should hit one target until said target drops, then they will go towards the next viable target, etc.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-25, 07:18 PM
Frostscale is a minor God of War

Once again, the knight's gore-encrusted lance lashes out with lethal accuracy. Frostscale begins to laugh, drunk on the slaughter.
"That's right! Flee! Flee before the Platinum Knight! Surrender now, or suffer the fate of your comrades!"

Critical confirmation on the lance attack. o_O
Extra Damage: [roll1]

Yeah, that looks confirmed to me. That's 18 damage with the lance, then. Let no goblin stand before me, it would seem.
Edit: I am sad to see all my critical hits disappear. After this battle, I will likely never crit anyone ever again.
Not that I'm complaining. I just find it amusing that I've made crit-focused characters, dual-wielding keen scimitars, who never crit anything ever. And now, this friggin' sharp pointy stick is murdering everything Frostcale cares to point it at.

evil-frosty
2010-03-25, 09:44 PM
Miss Chances: [roll0] [roll1]
1-20 hit.

The battle field where Morana and Alex are located there are a pair of hobgoblins on either side in the trees then 45 feet ahead is Nadya facing off against the hell hound hobgoblin regular, and the hobgoblin with the two swords then behind that by 5 feet is the priest and 2 hobgoblin archers.

Quick Question Frostscale: how far were you able to move? I think your horse makes the 45 foot distance barely, i am not sure though.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-25, 09:50 PM
(Frostscale can cover 45 ft. distance if he spurs his mount. Normal move: 35 ft., with 10 ft. reach from lance, might be able to get within range of the hellhound group.
I'll roll a Ride check, DC 15, to spur the mount: [roll0]
If that roll fails, Frostscale will just make the lance attack, and his horse will do nothing but move. It looks like Nadya could use the help. Frostscale will favor the hell hound or the 2 sword guy over the grunt.)

TheMerchandise
2010-03-25, 10:54 PM
OOC: re: miss rolls- I assume you meant 1-20 miss. In which case both hit, as I have indicated on my sheet. Unless you meant you were rolling low and 1-80 hit in which case the second would miss though this is all getting convoluted and I just think I took 6 damage.
Eyes glowing and body illuminated, Alex directs his attention to the priestly looking fellow in the back. He points, and the light emanating from his person rapidly dims until it is only half as bright, while the difference seems to gather at the tip of his finger. It lingers and converges before streaking off towards the other cleric.
First ray of light of mercuria fired off. Light radius is now 15 feet.
Attack: [roll0] against touch AC. I assume he's not in melee...
Damage: [roll1].

evil-frosty
2010-03-26, 05:58 AM
Frostscale kills the hellhound easily and is now standing next to Nadya. Alex your beam of light strikes true. And yes Alex you did just take 6 points.

d13
2010-03-26, 12:23 PM
Nadya
Maneuvers readied:
* Moment of Perfect Mind
* Sudden Leap
* Emerald Razor
* Mountain Hammer
Active stance:
* Hunter's Sense

[OOC: Sorry I'm acting out of turn, but I might not be able to post for a while]

Tightening the grip on her sword, Nadya tries to regain her focus before striking again. Her memory drifts to her dwarven masters and the caves in which she trained.

"The swordsman is mine."

As she strikes, dirt and loose earth jump from the place she hit, as the ground itself seems to shake.

Mountain Hammer-ing the hobgoblin with the two swords. No Power Attack, no nothing.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

d13
2010-03-26, 12:26 PM
Inspiring Captain is inspiring

Maybe due to Frostscale's presence, maybe due to her newfound focus and memories, maybe dumb luck, but Nadya's attack seems to be guided by earth itself, into finding soft spots on her enemy.

[roll0]
[roll1]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-26, 12:40 PM
only just now remembered my ability to launch both rays of light in the same round....:smallsigh: whoops. actions! PRECIOUS ACTIONS!! I'm wasting them left and right. Morana will most likely be healed up more next round.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-28, 09:03 PM
Isabella will cast displacement and move back from the battle . (20 feet)

evil-frosty
2010-03-29, 11:16 AM
Hogoblins Turn

2 sword hobgob on Nadya
Atk: [roll1]
Dmg:[roll]1d6+ [roll2]

Hobgob Reg on Nadya
Atk:[roll3]
Dmg:[roll4]

2 archers behind 2sword fire at Frostscale
Atk:[roll5] [roll6]
Dmg:[roll7] [roll8]

The priest casts bless, all the above now get will get a +1 on attacks and on saves vs. fear.

2 archers in the trees on the left attack Morana
Atk:[roll9] [roll10]
Dmg:[roll11] [roll12]

2 archers in the trees on the right attack Alex
Atk:[roll13] [roll14]
Dmg:[roll15] [roll16]

evil-frosty
2010-03-29, 11:17 AM
Miss Chances for Morana. Higher then 50 hits.
[roll0]
[roll1]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-29, 12:53 PM
If you would also roll the miss on the 9 damage against me please. Also, I believe that Morana has 2 mirror images up, so the hit might get one of them instead? Or does displacement stop that? Regardless, I head over to heal her. If she's too far away for one move action, I'll expend a use of travel devotion to move as a swift action.
[roll0]
Rushing to his companions side, Alex transfers brilliant energy into her person. Some of her wounds close visibly, as she is brought back from the brink of unconsciousness.
You have to hold on. We need you.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-29, 04:54 PM
Frostscale

Speckled in blood, his lance dripping with gore, an arrow ricochets off Frostscale's greathelm. The knight nods at Nadya's words, respecting a warrior's challenge.
"As you say, Nadya. I leave this one in your capable hands."
Putting his heels into Snowdrift, Frostscale rides around the combatants, making a line for the pesky cleric lingering behind the battle. As he lowers his lance, he bellows out a challenge to the hobgoblin.
"Make your peace with whatever foul god you serve! The Platinum Dragon remains undefeated, and I stand unbroken by his side!"
The tip of his lance seems to glow with silvery light for a moment as it careens towards the enemy cleric's heart...
"DEATH!"

Snowdrift will double move, up to 70 ft., getting within 10 ft. reach of the cleric. Frostscale will then attack, using SMITE EVIL!

d13
2010-03-30, 05:23 PM
Nadya
Maneuvers readied:
* Moment of Perfect Mind
* Sudden Leap
* Emerald Razor
* Mountain Hammer
Active stance:
* Hunter's Sense

Taking a deep breath to regain her focus, and enduring the sting on her side, from a hobgoblin sword, Nadya once again attacks the two-weapon fighter, completing the focusing ritual.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Recovering maneuvers as a free action followed by a full attack

[OOC: Oh, come on! Can I get ONE good roll already? :smallmad:
18 hp left, over here...]

evil-frosty
2010-04-01, 12:34 PM
Miss Chance for Alex, above 20 hits: [roll0]

Mystic Muse
2010-04-01, 01:15 PM
Okay. If there are any Melee enemies withing 70 feet Morana will move towards them and attack with Ray of enfeeblement. if there are any withing 40 feet she'll stay where she is and attack with Ray of enfeeblement. If there are no enemies with Melee anywhere she'll attack an archer.

[roll0]

strength damage [roll1]

(Frosty, we really need an OOC thread. And this character isn't working out too well, so I might just make another one.)

evil-frosty
2010-04-01, 11:24 PM
Morana you hit the 2 swords hobgoblin.

Hobgoblins Turn

2 swords on Nadya
Atk:[roll0] [roll1]
Dmg: [roll2] [roll3]

Hobgob Reg. on Nadya
Atk:[roll4]
Dmg:[roll5]

2 archers on Alex
Atk:[roll6] [roll7]
Dmg:[roll8] [roll9]
Miss Chance above a 20 hit [roll10] [roll11]

2 Archers on Morana
Atk:[roll12] [roll13]
Dmg:[roll14] [roll15]
Miss Chance above a 50 hit [roll16] [roll17]

2 archers behind 2 swords on Frostscale
Atk:[roll18] [roll19]
Dmg:[roll20] [roll21]

The cleric is still standing but not looking good and he will summon a hell hound between him and frostscale.

And here is the OOC thread:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8203638#post8203638
Could someone tell me how to put the URL in a single word? I remember seeing how but i dont remember the exact code.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-04-02, 08:07 AM
Frostscale

The enemy cleric hurriedly tries to summon more infernal aid, but Frostscale's close proximity and diligence makes it an effort in futility. More arrows ricochet off the unstoppable juggernaut's armor as he maneuvers ever closer, this time letting Snowdrift's fury add to the onslaught.

If that cleric isn't casting defensively, he's within lance range, so I'll take an attack of opportunity:
If successful, that might disrupt his spell, since it takes a full round to cast Summon Monster.

On his turn, Frostscale and Snowdrift will 5 foot step closer, navigating around any new hell hounds if necessary, bringing the cleric within full attack range.
Ride check to fight with mount, DC 10: [roll2]
If successful, lance attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Snowdrift's full attack:
2 hooves: [roll5] [roll6]
And bite: [roll7]
Damage: 2 hooves: [roll8] [roll9]
and bite: [roll10]
Ride check to negate a hit on Snowdrift, if necessary: [roll11]

Failed the ride check: only Snowdrift will attack.

Edit: should the AoO take down the cleric, Snowdrift's attacks will go hell hound-ward, should it arrive. Failing that... Perhaps we'll move behind the 2 sword guy and attack with only 1 hoof (the first one)...
Unless I can charge him, in which case I'll use the second lance attack roll, and double the damage.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-04-02, 08:11 AM
Snowdrift's Revenge

Frostscale's snow-white horse rears up triumphantly over the beleaguered hobgoblin cleric as its gnashing teeth and rock-hard hooves come pummeling towards face and neck... Bahamut be praised!

2 crit confirmation rolls for Snowdrift. I swear I'm not cheating, guys!

Hoof: [roll0]
Bite: [roll1]
Extra damage: hoof: [roll2] bite [roll3]

Doesn't look like those confirmed... oh well.

evil-frosty
2010-04-02, 11:52 AM
The cleric goes down after the first 2 hooves, though there is a brand new hellhound in front of his corpse.

TheMerchandise
2010-04-02, 05:50 PM
As the most recent arrow embeds itself in Alex's abdomen, he coughs up some blood. This is all wrong. Something is terrible wrong here.
He knows it isn't the most noble thing - attending to oneself when others are hurting - but he also knows that he's no good to anyone dead. He prays for the strength to keep going, to see this through to the end.
Burning Bull's Strength for cure mod on self:
[roll0]