PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ways to Run a Two Party Campaign (Eberron 3.5)

InkEyes
2010-03-08, 11:07 PM
So my friend and I are contemplating running interconnected D&D campaigns. We've both DMed before, but it's the first time my friend has run 3.5 as a DM. He's an experienced 3.5 player and I don't think he'll have any problems adjusting. Other than setting it in Eberron, we don't have any definite ideas on where or what level the game will be at.

We've been having trouble thinking up what kind of campaign would be most suitable for two parties. Ultimately the two parties would probably encounter one another or at least find traces of each other, and while it doesn't have to be a friendly meeting, an outright fight between the two would probably leave one group pretty unhappy.

Any campaign ideas or tips on how to run the game would be very much appreciated!

krossbow
2010-03-08, 11:09 PM
eh, thats a toughie. the problem with 2 party campaigns is you have too much time where one party is just sitting around doing nothing :smallconfused:

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-08, 11:13 PM
Gestalt is heavily recommended.

Oh, and Shameless Incarnum Plug.

InkEyes
2010-03-08, 11:13 PM
eh, thats a toughie. the problem with 2 party campaigns is you have too much time where one party is just sitting around doing nothing :smallconfused:

Mmm... true, maybe a race of some sort would keep them motivated then?

Gestalt is heavily recommended.

Oh, and Shameless Incarnum Plug.

Incarnum is fine and dandy in my book, but why gestalt?

Lystic
2010-03-08, 11:48 PM
Hi, I'm the other DM. We're still thinking of a plot hook. At the moment, we're toying with the idea of both teams competing for a shallow victory. However, at the end of the campaign they would need to team up for the greater good or something. Any suggestions?

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-08, 11:53 PM
Incarnum is fine and dandy in my book, but why gestalt?

I misread the title. I thought it was a Two-person campaign.

I myself am running a Two-Party Eberron game (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=99.0). I chose to divide them by alignments, but that was more their choice anyway.

If possible, I recommend running a Cold War between the Houses, and having both parties either side with one house (be it as members or as mercs) or working to outright overthrow one or more houses.