PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CCVIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Rebonack
2010-03-08, 11:27 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavernAnimated.gif

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog, Manager: El Jaspero, Bartenders: Dyna, Phoebe, Ashna

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
White Russian/Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"

SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

Je dit Viola
2010-03-08, 11:32 PM
So, I have this reposted from last thread, since I didn't notice that we were on page 50.

So, in order to have a post here to make up for the previous 2 OoC posts I had, I'm going to have a character here, rather than have a random IC post.

Violet walks back here into Trog's. It looks like she got healed from earlier; however, she looks different. Really different; in fact, her skin is completely red (shaded slightly darker), which, despite her dark red hair, doesn't look tacky. Think demon-colored, because it seems to radiate demonic energy, also; which is a new thing, she's never had that happen before.

She has two whips - a bladed whip, and a flesh-eating nightmarish tentacle whip, on her waist, in addition to the light-effecting necklace around her neck, and the odd interdimentionalness place where she keeps her instruments and that one sword.

She walks up to the bar, looks 'round at the people here, and, not seeing anybody that she recognizes, sits on the (not-cursed) bar stool.

The Bushranger
2010-03-08, 11:35 PM
Erin's head snaps up.

She blinks.

Blinks again.

"A-atropus? Here? Oh no..."

"You can still help us prepare, though, at least," Shrike says to the magical girl.

Rebonack
2010-03-08, 11:36 PM
"Less here and more waaaaaay far away still," Dyna reports. "Undead have been getting restless. But they haven't started rising all on their own just yet. And that's a good sign. it means we still have plenty of time to get ready for the problem."

She wrinkles her nose a bit as she considers the implications of this present problem.

"Hopefully we won't have any more villains like Sszy getting turned into horrible undead to cause trouble."

There's always lots of trouble around the Nexus. This just means that there's going to be some additional trouble.

Then a slow shake of the head at the assassin. "I don't have anything to pay you with, Skippy. So I guess you'll just get to sit this one out. I doubt you would have been of any help anyway."

Then she grins at the whip lady.

"Welcome to Trog's Tavern. Can I get you anything tonight?"

XtheYeti
2010-03-08, 11:38 PM
"Less here and more waaaaaay far away still," Dyna reports. "Undead have been getting restless. But they haven't started rising all on their own just yet. And that's a good sign. it means we still have plenty of time to get ready for the problem."

She wrinkles her nose a bit as she considers the implications of this present problem.

"Hopefully we won't have any more villains like Sszy getting turned into horrible undead to cause trouble."

There's always lots of trouble around the Nexus. This just means that there's going to be some additional trouble.

Then a slow shake of the head at the assassin. "I don't have anything to pay you with, Skippy. So I guess you'll just get to sit this one out. I doubt you would have been of any help anyway."

Then she grins at the whip lady.

"Welcome to Trog's Tavern. Can I get you anything tonight?"

How about you Erin? You can hire my services as well. And by the way both of you. I accept non-money payments.

They should get the feeling that he actually ISN'T talking about sex...

The Bushranger
2010-03-08, 11:44 PM
Erin gives the assassin a look, winces, and shakes her head. "I don't have very much. And if I did, if you aren't willing to do it f-for the good..."

She then looks back at Dyna.

"I'd rather not have to deal with it again at all."

She's remembering fighting before. With Crow, and Westlanna, and Atok...
...and missing her friends, badly.
And thinking that had she had 'Lanna to lean on, she might have been better able to resist Mel...

...also, it's an interesting concidence that her player was already planning to bring in Ned and Joy's kid and the timeship again.... :smallamused:

Je dit Viola
2010-03-08, 11:45 PM
Ooh, talking about undead. Violet used to be an undead. Now she's not.

The gal who looks eighteen years old thinks about what she wants. She scans down the menu which, no doubt, is written on the wall somewhere to save paper for printing menus, and finally picks something that would look good.

Actually, she just picks the only drink in the nonalcohol section that tastes like fruit. "Mmmm...Yes, could I get a Llamanade?" she asks with a smile, revealing her pointedly sharp vampiric teeth, pointing where it is on the menu with her red hand.

Like I said at the beginning of this post; she's not a vampire. But she has the teeth for the same reason that she's no longer a vampire.

XtheYeti
2010-03-08, 11:47 PM
Erin gives the assassin a look, winces, and shakes her head. "I don't have very much. And if I did, if you aren't willing to do it f-for the good..."

She then looks back at Dyna.

"I'd rather not have to deal with it again at all."

She's remembering fighting before. With Crow, and Westlanna, and Atok...
...and missing her friends, badly.
And thinking that had she had 'Lanna to lean on, she might have been better able to resist Mel...

...also, it's an interesting concidence that her player was already planning to bring in Ned and Joy's kid and the timeship again.... :smallamused:

Richard rolls his eyes.

You know you may want to consider asking my price before either of you make a judgment.

ApeofLight
2010-03-08, 11:52 PM
Foro is here.

He is currently chasing his rebellious tail.

(( Je, future thread? ))

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-08, 11:54 PM
We know you've got powers, but... probably not enough to take on a Wyld Hunt.

Zamira, personally, thinks Nimai is probably going to Exalt herself at some point. :smalltongue:

((I just can't figure out what caste she'd Exalt as...))

"But I can be bait, can't I? To lure them out where you can get them."

Recaiden
2010-03-08, 11:57 PM
Ashna walks in. She looks around, sees no one that she knows, and walks over behind the counter.

The Bushranger
2010-03-08, 11:57 PM
Shrike bites her lip. Before, she wouldn't have thought twice, and would have easily agreed. Now...

---

Brendan holds the door for Ashna, then joins her at the counter.

(Dyna's behind it, I think.)

Erin looks at them both curiously.

horngeek
2010-03-08, 11:58 PM
No. Although...

Actually, I have an idea. But for it, I need some of your blood.

Zamira grins.

Recaiden
2010-03-08, 11:59 PM
Ashna waves at Erin, and then looks over to Dyna.
"Hello, Evil Twin Zee. How are you doing?"
So misinformed.

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 12:00 AM
"Right! One llamanaid coming right up!" and with that the fruity drink is shortly procured! Procured and set before the no longer vampire. Nice that she isn't undead anymore. If she were it probably make Dyna feel itchy.

And she doesn't like feeling itchy.

Erin is provided with a rather sympathetic look. "I don't think anyone wants to deal with Atropus again provided that they aren't clinically insane. Or already undead. But if that's what we have to deal with then it's best that we buck up and be ready for the worst should it come."

No doubt it will.

Dooooom!

The assassin is given a rather exasperated sigh. "Alright Skippy, humor me. What's your price?"

Then Ashna speaks up. Dyna just blinks at her. "...what?"

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 12:03 AM
Shrike raises an eyebrow...then grins as well.
"You know, I think this idea has some merit..."

---

"A penny?" Erin offers, before looking at Dyna. "Yeah, I still wish it would just go away. Can I get a Bl...no. N-no, no. Can I get a, um, llamaade?"

---

Brendan decides it's best to sit down and shut up for the moment. :smalltongue:

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 12:03 AM
"Right! One llamanaid coming right up!" and with that the fruity drink is shortly procured! Procured and set before the no longer vampire. Nice that she isn't undead anymore. If she were it probably make Dyna feel itchy.

And she doesn't like feeling itchy.

Erin is provided with a rather sympathetic look. "I don't think anyone wants to deal with Atropus again provided that they aren't clinically insane. Or already undead. But if that's what we have to deal with then it's best that we buck up and be ready for the worst should it come."

No doubt it will.

Dooooom!

The assassin is given a rather exasperated sigh. "Alright Skippy, humor me. What's your price?"

Then Ashna speaks up. Dyna just blinks at her. "...what?"

Free room and board, free food, and I get to take you. (points at Erin) to diner once. Also if I require medical aid, it will be provided as long as the mission is on going.

Je dit Viola
2010-03-09, 12:05 AM
The now-demoness smiles, says, "Thank you," and gets some money to pay for it.

Afterwards, she drinks up the mixture made of real llamas, and decides it tastes pretty good. It makes...twelfth on her list of good drinks. Of course, all the other eleven are fruitier, and none of them are alcoholic.

After drinking it all up, she puts the cup back on the counter, rests a hand in her lap, and turns around, leaning against the bar counter to see the other people in here.

Recaiden
2010-03-09, 12:06 AM
"I said, 'Hello, Evil Twin Zee. How are you doing?'" The burning woman smiles at Dyna, believing what she said.
The fires are telling her to attack Dyna to teach her a lesson, and work out the details later, but she's not listening to them.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-09, 12:06 AM
Nimai frowns. "I can do it," she insists.

"If you're sure you want to, you can," Anshu says. "We'll be hiding nearby to help you."

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-09, 12:10 AM
With no particular entrance at all, a rather void-colored fellow is sitting in the corner, drinking a glass of orange juice.

horngeek
2010-03-09, 12:11 AM
Hmmm... all right.

Meidani nods assent. If you think she can hold out.

Then again, I highly doubt we'd be long.

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 12:12 AM
"That's what I thought you said..." Dyna mutters with a shake of the head. "I'm not Zee's twin, evil or otherwise. And I really don't appreciate you suggesting that in the least."

So there!

Then an eyebrow quirk once more at the assassin. "Free room and board? I can't give that you unless you happen to be working here. You would have to find and talk with Trog about that particular issue."

Too bad...

"A llanamaid Erin? Good for you! Way better than that black shadow junk. I don't even know why we sell it here," she begins filling up a glass full of fruity juice! Then sets it before Erin, hooray! "The only people who ever get it are the ones that are trying too hard to be spooky."

Chas the mage
2010-03-09, 12:13 AM
Kilroy stumbles in, As if he doesn't know where hes going, rather than being intoxicated. His hair is messy and black, and he has an untamed beard. He wears a navy blue jumpsuit with a series of yellow numbers & letters on the back, and wields a Mosin Nagant.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 12:14 AM
Shrike crosses her arms and looks mildly concerned, but doesn't comment further...

---

Erin looks at the assassin in surprise. "T-that's that's it?" She blushes. "S-sorry for judging...um...you should know I like girls, and I have somebody...kinda...I haven't been very good at being faithful though..."

She looks down again, and sighs.

Then back up as Dyna delivers her drink. "Well, t-they're good! It's just...well...with things how they are and all...um...thank you."

---

"Dear...I think she wants you to be a little more polite," Brendan whispers helpfully (he thinks) to Ashna. Then gets confirmed with Dyna's comment. "Two coffees, please," he orders.

Recaiden
2010-03-09, 12:15 AM
"It wasn't a suggestion. But I apologize for saying it before I checked. How's Raril?" she asks brightly.

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 12:16 AM
"That's what I thought you said..." Dyna mutters with a shake of the head. "I'm not Zee's twin, evil or otherwise. And I really don't appreciate you suggesting that in the least."

So there!

Then an eyebrow quirk once more at the assassin. "Free room and board? I can't give that you unless you happen to be working here. You would have to find and talk with Trog about that particular issue."

Too bad...

"A llanamaid Erin? Good for you! Way better than that black shadow junk. I don't even know why we sell it here," she begins filling up a glass full of fruity juice! Then sets it before Erin, hooray! "The only people who ever get it are the ones that are trying too hard to be spooky."

I would be working out of here. If that counts. And the other two requirements? Wait What? What does you liking girls have to do with going to diner with me Erin? I wanted to ask you questions and be regaled with tales of your life. I don't like girls that way.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-09, 12:17 AM
The fellow in the corner shakes his head.
"Is it so rare for someone to get the Black Shadow just because it tastes good?"

Je dit Viola
2010-03-09, 12:18 AM
The red-skinned (like...demon red) gal looks, and sees the void-colored guy.

Hey. She didn't notice him before. You'd think he would stand out more. And she's usually pretty observant. Oh, well. Everybody has off-days.

And then, an unkempt man enters, drawing her attention away from the man in the corner to the man at the door.

Neato!

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 12:21 AM
Erin can't help herself and giggles a little, blushing.

Blushing green.

"Oh. I was j-just making sure. I think I might like that..."

Chas the mage
2010-03-09, 12:21 AM
Kilroy, the unkempt man, makes his way over to the bar. He takes an odd path, occasionally bumping into tables, nicking chairs, and things of that ilk.

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 12:22 AM
Erin can't help herself and giggles a little, blushing.

Blushing green.

"Oh. I was j-just making sure. I think I might like that..."

Well then that's one condition met. And the only one that I am adamant about. The medical treatment I expect. And the other two are negotiable.

horngeek
2010-03-09, 12:27 AM
{{Short deadtime}}

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 12:28 AM
"No that doesn't count," Dyna replies to Richard. "If you want room and board here you need to work as one of the waiters or on the cooking staff or something. Or alternately as part of the paid entertainment. No other options."

She sounds quite firm on all this.

At the mention of Raril... "He's doing fine. A bit confused, trying to work things out. But then... so am I."

He's also dead timed pretty hard right now.

Erin is then flashed a rather wry grin. "If he just went away then that wouldn't be much of an adventure then, would it? But yeah... It would be nice if he went elsewhere. But that just means he's devouring some other planet. Considering how many worlds the Nexus exists on it's always just a matter of time before he finds one of them."

She reaches out to put a hand on Erin's shoulder. "Don't worry about it. We'll drive the nasty thing off again."

Then an eyebrow quirk at Kilroy. "Can I help you sir?"

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-09, 12:29 AM
For the moment, our oddly colored guest is quite content to listen in on the various conversations circling through the tavern.
Gathering intelligence, as it were.

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 12:30 AM
"No that doesn't count," Dyna replies to Richard. "If you want room and board here you need to work as one of the waiters or on the cooking staff or something. Or alternately as part of the paid entertainment. No other options."

She sounds quite firm on all this.

At the mention of Raril... "He's doing fine. A bit confused, trying to work things out. But then... so am I."

He's also dead timed pretty hard right now.

Erin is then flashed a rather wry grin. "If he just went away then that wouldn't be much of an adventure then, would it? But yeah... It would be nice if he went elsewhere. But that just means he's devouring some other planet. Considering how many worlds the Nexus exists on it's always just a matter of time before he finds one of them."

She reaches out to put a hand on Erin's shoulder. "Don't worry about it. We'll drive the nasty thing off again."

Then an eyebrow quirk at Kilroy. "Can I help you sir?"

Well that takes care of the negotiations for the other two. Now the only condition left is the medical treatment. Can I count on medical aid if I need it?

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 12:31 AM
Brendan smiles, and paitently waits for the two coffees.

---

Erin nods, and gives Dyna a bit of a smile in gratitude before quietly sipping her llamaade.

"You can," she answers. "I have some wands and healing p-potions..."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-09, 12:32 AM
"Exactly. We'll be close."

Recaiden
2010-03-09, 12:33 AM
"I'll offer any help I can be, though I don't think you want it."
Ashna sighs and heads back over the counter.

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 12:36 AM
In that case I'm in. We can go to that dinner either before or after the mission Erin. All I need is a day's notice to make reservations.

Chas the mage
2010-03-09, 12:39 AM
"yeah, can I get a sammich... and a whiskey" He says, looking at the menu, but the look in his strangely coloured unnaturally gray eyes shoes hes not actually reading it. he has a thick Yorkshire accent which I shall not attempt to transcribe.

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 12:41 AM
And deadtime for me!

Je dit Viola
2010-03-09, 12:43 AM
Violet stands up (not quite abruptly), and walks away now.

She can do it because she already paid.

And...a short post. Sorry.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 12:45 AM
Brendan will try and slip an arm around Ashna if she sits next to him.

---

Erin nods in agreement, and settles in to drink her llamaade.

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 12:46 AM
Brenden gets his coffee!

Now he can better stay awake into the wee hours of the morning!

Isn't that swell.

"We'll take whatever help we can. Not only do we have this shadow land to deal with, but apparently The World Born Dead has decided to come visit the Nexus. And that doesn't bode well for anyone."

Anyone who isn't undead and/or wants to be undead.

Kilroy is provided with a nod, a whiskey, and a Ruben sammich in that order. "There you are sir! Is there anything else I can get you tonight?"

The inky colored being in the corner is provided with a cheerful wave. Dyna has the feeling she knows who it is... but she's not allowed to attack people when she's on duty unless they start something. "Good evening sir! Would you like something to eat?"

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-09, 12:47 AM
A devious idea has been had.
A not particularly kind, or non-disruptive devious idea.

The fellow in the corner yawns and flicks a hand.
He also gives Dyna a curt smile and lightly shakes his head in response to her question.
He already has his orange juice.

A few shadows twists and yank the remnants of past magic from the air, twining into potentially familiar shapes.

Look at that, Westlanna and Atok are happily chatting at one of the tables, over bamhacon.

Chas the mage
2010-03-09, 12:49 AM
"Nah, I'm good." He forks his wallet out of his pocket, and then begins to eat. After several bites and a sip he pulls out the money to pay for it all.

((alas, I must deadtime))

Recaiden
2010-03-09, 12:50 AM
"Mhm. Well, If I see anything I can do then, I will." Ashna sighs. But then again, Brendan is here. So things could be worse.
She leans against the counter, sitting on the floor.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 12:52 AM
Brendan grabs the coffee...and then goes to sit on the floor next to Ashna, offering her a cup. [color=brown]"You alright?" he asks, wondering why one asks that of people who clearly aren't.

---

Erin looks up from her llamade, to say something to Dyna...

And gapes at the table in the corner.

She starts to say something, stops, says something again...and just stares.

Recaiden
2010-03-09, 12:57 AM
Ashna nods. "Yeah. You're here. So I am. But I could be better, is all. This world seems designed to destroy peoples' lives without killing them." She grins and shakes her head.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-09, 12:58 AM
The fellow in the corner smiles a bit more and gives Erin a little wave, gesturing to dear Atok and Westlanna.
Just in case she didn't notice the first time.
Though it's possible she noticed them instead of him.

That's even better.

They meanwhile, continue to look very cheerful with each other's company.
Possibly discussing a new rule set for checkers.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 01:00 AM
Brendan sips his coffee, and has to chuckle.
"Sometimes it does, doesn't it. But I think the good, in the end, outweighs the bad, overall, and we can do our best to make other peoples' lives better."
He smiles and tries to slip an arm around her.
"And if you're here, then I'm OK too."

---

She did notice them first. But before she can stand and rush over, she spots Monochrome Man.
Waving at her.
And she narrows her eyes as shock changes partially to confusion. And to anger...
He looks pretty dang familiar, doesn't he.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-09, 01:03 AM
And Mr. Oh-So-Familiar merely smiles at her anger and mouths "Enjoy them while you can" before vanishing into the shadows.

Which coincides perfectly with Atok and Westlanna looking in her direction and waving.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 01:05 AM
Erin scowls...then decides that she might as well play along.
So, waving back, she stands, and starts over in the direction of the proper table.

Even as her heart breaks inside.

Recaiden
2010-03-09, 01:10 AM
"All the time, actually." Ashna has to giggle at the madness of it all.
She leans against Brendan, who succeeds with the arming.

Chaotic Bob
Atok gestures to a free chair at their table and Westlanna just smiles up at her old friend.
"Heya Erin."
"How are you?"

horngeek
Zamira and Meidani nod as well. We'll move in as soon as they appear?

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 01:12 AM
And Brendan hugs her close, smiling as he sips his coffee, enjoying just being there...sitting on the floor of Trog's.

How romantic. :smalltongue:

---

"I...guess I'm OK." Erin smiles and takes a seat, reminidng herself, it's just an illusion, it's just an illusion... "It's been q-quite awhile."

---

"Little after. Spring the trap too soon and they can escape," Shrike points out.

Recaiden
2010-03-09, 01:15 AM
Like they've ever been romantic?
("I love you." "No you don't.")
Ashna does not think of this, and just sits there, being close to him.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 01:19 AM
Brendan tries to always be romantic, at least try anyway.
Meanwhile, he gently rubs Ashna's shoulder, and sips his coffee, and generally ponders life, the universe, everything, and just how lucky he has to be.

horngeek
2010-03-09, 01:20 AM
Good point.

Recaiden
2010-03-09, 01:21 AM
Like forgetting the wedding ring? Real romantic, that.
Ashna is at least pondering the universe and their luck. Life isn't so special as to be included.
And then she's deadtiming.
((Goodnight.))

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-09, 01:22 AM
The faintest measure of sadness appears on Wes and Atok's faces.
"It has been awhile, hasn't it?"
"We've missed you, Erin."

And even as Westlanna says Erin's name, the couple becomes faintly more gray.
"It'd be nice if you could come with us."
"It's been lonely without your company."

And their color fades further.
"Be better if you could have kept us around..."
"Did we do something wrong? You didn't think we deserved it?"

And now they are as shadows, shades of black and darkest gray.
"But it's too late for us..."
"Not for you, Erin! You can still join us!"
"Make up for all the time we've lost, maybe?"
"Please think it over Erin..."
"Losing you can't be all that we're about, anymore..."
"We need more to help us!"
"Please, Erin..."

And then they're gone, whisps in the tavern's faint breeze.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 01:26 AM
Yes, that. :smalltongue:

Brendan smiles and sips his coffee for awhile...then dozes off on her shoulder.

Huh. Seems caffiene puts him to sleep.

---

Erin starts to say something, then notes the fading.

And doesn't know if she should reach out, or yell, or pound her fists...

Finally, as they fade, she reaches out for her friends, even knowing they're shadows, puppets, imitations...

Her hands close around theirs, just as the last wisps of her sister and her love fade away.

Then she buries her face in her arms on the table, and sobs.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-09, 01:29 AM
As Westlanna fades away and Erin buries her head, she may note a faint tickle on her arms, along with something warm.

It's a lock of hair, suspiciously similar to Westlanna's, with more than a trace of blood in it.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 01:30 AM
Erin looks up, for a moment, and spots the hair.

She stares at it for a moment, then grabs it.

Tucks it into her pocket, almost reverantly.

Then resumes crying, until she cries herself to sleep.

wxdruid
2010-03-09, 02:28 PM
Thecla wakes up to the crying and she'll try to lick Erin's cheeks clean as she tries to figure out what's wrong.

Morty
2010-03-09, 02:38 PM
Krugzim is sitting at the bar. It seems that he's finally gathered enough courage to leave home.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-09, 03:45 PM
Zamira and Meidani nod as well. We'll move in as soon as they appear?

"Little after. Spring the trap too soon and they can escape," Shrike points out.

Anshu nods. "I agree. We need to be sure they've taken the bait before we move. But, I think some rest is in order before we start."

horngeek
2010-03-09, 04:11 PM
All right. Head to GLoG for some rest?

Continuity whines as horngeek decides to retcon Zamira's caste. :smalltongue:

horngeek points out she's never actually used her caste-specific abilities.

{{She's a No Moon now}}

Zamira nods. I'd say that's a good idea.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 04:26 PM
Erin reaches over and gently pets Thecla's head as she continues sniffling, missing her friends, so badly...feeling that they would be so ashamed of her...

Shrike nods to the others at their table. "Sounds reasonable to me."

horngeek
2010-03-09, 04:59 PM
{{Short deadtime}}

Darkcomet
2010-03-09, 05:07 PM
Let's see...Where were we?

Dyna wrinkles her nose at the mention of the elevated levels of undeath in the air. She's been smelling it of late. But this confirms it. "Great... That's just what we need right now. Another visit by the World Born Dead."

It would be more than happy to give everyone a happy dose of undeath! Everyone gets to join Team Zombie! Brains for all!

Hooray!

"Well, I know one way to drive Atropus off is heading up to the moon itself and slaying its aspect. But it has to get pretty close to a planet before that's an option. It might be a good idea to find another way of driving the giant 'that's no moon' gag away before it causes too much trouble."

Trent seems...not so much worried as confused now. "Well that's just grand...I just got here and already I've encountered a massive shadowland, seen the city start getting sieged, and finally, discovered that an apocalyptic undead moon is coming. So...I've got one thing to ask. Is this the worst it's been here?"

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 05:11 PM
Dyna gives a rather non-committal shrug in reply. "Nah, not really. The last time Atropus was here we were also dealing with Father Lymric trying to plunge the world into eternal night and some weird living black hole trying to devour all the gods. It was a real mess... Oh! And there was this horrible plague turning people into feral monsters too. Fun stuff all around!"

Weee!

Oop...

Dyna just noticed Erin.

Erin will get a hug for her trouble!

A hug of encouragement!

Take that, sadness!

For a while the embrace is held silently. Though eventually Dyna whispers, "I miss them too..."

Morty
2010-03-09, 05:15 PM
Krugzim is still sitting by the bar, watchful in case there are any monkeys about.

Earl of Purple
2010-03-09, 05:20 PM
There is a figure sitting with its back to the wall. The figure is wearing red hooded robes concealing the face and gender; nothing can be told but the figure's average height of about five and a half foot tall. The figure is watching other patrons, keeping an eye out for those that appear on their own and unhappy. The most notable thing about this person is that the robes have a twin-tailed scorpion emblazoned upon them in silver.

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 05:26 PM
Richard undeadtimes and goes to sit with Erin, he reaches out an tries to pat one of her hands.

Everything will be ok little one.

Darkcomet
2010-03-09, 05:30 PM
Trent shakes his head. "Just...to put it in perspective, how many apocalyptic events have there been in the past...let's say year or two?"

...I think that was a bad choice of question...

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 05:33 PM
Hopefully Erin will get the hug through dead time. Otherwise... well... it probably won't help all that much.

"In the past year...? Umm... I guess that would mostly be stuff having to do with Cauliflower... I was away from the Nexus for a while and I can't really speak for anything besides the past six months or so. Honestly thing's have been pretty qui-"

Then she suddenly slaps her hand over her mouth.

...then ever so slowly removes it...

"Peaceful. Pretty peaceful lately. Don't say the Q-word, by the by. That one right there."

She points at a nearby mason jar which reads, 'Quiet Jar: Speak up and Pay up'.

"Otherwise tentacles start attacking everything."

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 05:35 PM
Hopefully Erin will get the hug through dead time. Otherwise... well... it probably won't help all that much.

"In the past year...? Umm... I guess that would mostly be stuff having to do with Cauliflower... I was away from the Nexus for a while and I can't really speak for anything besides the past six months or so. Honestly thing's have been pretty qui-"

Then she suddenly slaps her hand over her mouth.

...then ever so slowly removes it...

"Peaceful. Pretty peaceful lately. Don't say the Q-word, by the by. That one right there."

She points at a nearby mason jar which reads, 'Quiet Jar: Speak up and Pay up'.

"Otherwise tentacles start attacking everything."

Richard grins.

If you say...that word tentacles attack everyone in the tavern? That would be an effective way to quell a bar brawl, and a good icebreaker.

Darkcomet
2010-03-09, 05:38 PM
Trent raises an eyebrow. "'Cauliflower'?"

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 05:57 PM
Oh yes.

Yeeeess...

"Yeah, Cauliflower. He's this crazy powerful lich that we finally managed to kill a few weeks ago. He's been causing all sorts of trouble of late and now we're finally done with the bugger and have other things to deal with," Dyna replies.

Because if it's one thing it's always another.

"He was a jerk. And persistent as liches tend to be. But he's old news. We don't have to worry about him at this point," sounds like she's rather glad for that particular turn of events. "Don't worry about him. He won't be an issue again. Ever."

They killed him dead.

horngeek
2010-03-09, 05:58 PM
{{People die when they are killed... :smalltongue:}}

Darkcomet
2010-03-09, 06:17 PM
"Ah..." Trent thinks over a few things. "Well, it sounds like we're basically stuck here doing nothing for now. Can't go to deal with the shadowland without risking getting hit by the siege, and can't get the government to prepare for Atropus because they're too busy focusing on the siege. That's not as big of an immediate concern, so let's just hope the shield holds and the siege gets repelled."

horngeek
2010-03-09, 06:27 PM
Zamira looks at Shrike. Should we go back to GLoG and wait until we're all ready?

Chas the mage
2010-03-09, 06:30 PM
Kilroy stumbles in, As if he doesn't know where hes going, rather than being intoxicated. His hair is messy and black, and he has an untamed beard. He wears a navy blue jumpsuit with a series of yellow numbers & letters on the back, and wields a Mosin Nagant.

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 06:30 PM
Well, that just results in a rather wide grin from Dyna.

Why?

Well, obviously she knows something that the spooky critter slayer doesn't. And what's that you ask? Well...

"Getting out of the City is no problem at all. We can go through the catacombs under the city. And we'll probably even get to smite some icky stuff on the way through as well!" hooray! Smiting!

"The whole Nexus is honeycombed with sewers and catacombs and tunnels and caverns and dungeons. That's part of the reason why this place is so popular with the adventurers. Lots of hidden places to go exploring for treasure in."

And everyone likes loot!

"We go through the tunnels and right under the army. No problem."

wxdruid
2010-03-09, 06:34 PM
Thecla will continue to like Erin as she tries to half climb in her lap. Nothing like a big furry wolf attempting to do the impossible.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 06:57 PM
Erin is hugged, patted, and licked, and finally has to smile a little, scritching Thecla's ears and nodding as she looks up at Dyna, then at Richard. "Thanks..."

Shrike nods to Zamira, and stands. "Yeah, we probably should."

horngeek
2010-03-09, 06:58 PM
Zamira stands as well! Let's go, then.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 07:05 PM
Shrike reaches to take her hand, and lead the way out and back to GLoG.

((Your post there))

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 07:07 PM
Richard nods, then pulls out his double barreled 125 caliber revolver, and sets it on the table.

So will this be an effective weapon against our foes?

Yep drew a giant gun in plain view of everyone. lol

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-09, 07:08 PM
All right. Head to GLoG for some rest?

Continuity whines as horngeek decides to retcon Zamira's caste. :smalltongue:

horngeek points out she's never actually used her caste-specific abilities.

{{She's a No Moon now}}

Zamira nods. I'd say that's a good idea.

"I agree." Anshu finishes his tea. "Let's go, Nimai. Do you still have the Windblade?"

Nimai nods, and the father and daughter leave the tavern.

horngeek
2010-03-09, 07:11 PM
Meidani leaves as well!

ApeofLight
2010-03-09, 07:28 PM
Round and round the Foro goes when he'll stop no- Wait, he just stopped.

He looks pretty dizzy. Has the twirly eyes and everything.

Chas the mage
2010-03-09, 07:29 PM
Kilroy remains.

wxdruid
2010-03-09, 07:31 PM
Thecla's tail wags in happiness with the scratches behind her ears. She free with her slobbery wolf kisses.

ApeofLight
2010-03-09, 07:34 PM
Foro giggles and as he looks around. " Whooolllle room is spinning! " He giggles.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-09, 07:40 PM
Tios enters the bar, but trips and falls flat on his face over the threshold.

((EDIT: Tios looks like this:http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0909/d02/2214/4e3d663.png))

Chas the mage
2010-03-09, 07:43 PM
Kilroy hears the sound and looks in the general direction of the threshold. He then jumps up and makes a hap-hazard stumbling run over to the fallen man, almost tripping over him and falling himself. On the way there he does a good job of running into tables, bumping chairs, and jostling patrons. He kneels down near the man "Oi, you alright then?" He says with his thick, partially transcribed yorkshire accent.

ApeofLight
2010-03-09, 07:45 PM
Foro the magma monkey sees the new person trip over the threshold!

He decides that he might have something nice to eat in his hair. So the monkey jumps and stumbles to just the left of him.

That doesn't stop Foro! Oh, no. In fact the magma elemental in the shape of a monkey or perhaps the monkey with the powers of a magma elemental hops up with a smile.

" Who are you new person? "

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-09, 07:48 PM
"My name is Tios, and I am fine," says Tios.
((EDIT:Deadtime))

ApeofLight
2010-03-09, 07:49 PM
" Good good. " Says the monkey turning around a couple of times before scampering back over to his seat.

Chas the mage
2010-03-09, 07:50 PM
"Good, Tios. very good." He says. He doesn't look directly at him, and his eyes are both different and unnatural shades of gray.

Darkcomet
2010-03-09, 07:53 PM
Well, that just results in a rather wide grin from Dyna.

Why?

Well, obviously she knows something that the spooky critter slayer doesn't. And what's that you ask? Well...

"Getting out of the City is no problem at all. We can go through the catacombs under the city. And we'll probably even get to smite some icky stuff on the way through as well!" hooray! Smiting!

"The whole Nexus is honeycombed with sewers and catacombs and tunnels and caverns and dungeons. That's part of the reason why this place is so popular with the adventurers. Lots of hidden places to go exploring for treasure in."

And everyone likes loot!

"We go through the tunnels and right under the army. No problem."

Trent frowns. "I dunno. As far as the shadowland goes, my standard mode of transport that I used to get out of there-a small stealth flyer-wouldn't exactly be usable. And I don't like the idea of leaving it here when there's a siege and who knows what else going on..."

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 07:56 PM
"T-that, might work, but we'll be fighting shadow creatures, not n-normal beasts, remember, Erin points out, giggling a little as Thecla the wolf keeps slobbering on her.

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 07:57 PM
"T-that, might work, but we'll be fighting shadow creatures, not n-normal beasts, remember, Erin points out, giggling a little as Thecla the wolf keeps slobbering on her.

Ah, so what is most effective against these creatures?

ApeofLight
2010-03-09, 07:58 PM
Foro stumbles and bumps into the bar with a giggle as he lands on his stool. He looks over at Erin and Trent.

" Oooh, are you guys planning a adventure? Foro loves adventures! " The possibly mad monkey says. (Who doesn't like alliteration?)

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 08:03 PM
"As far as weapons go I can put a seal on that gun of yours that'll let it rip through those shadow things just as well as if they were made of flesh and blood," Dyna reports. "It'll take a few hours worth of work though."

"I'm sure there's somewhere we could hide this stealth ship of yours to keep it out of harms way. This City is huge and it's full of out of the way places to stash stuff. It's just a matter of finding an empty warehouse big enough toooOOooo! I smell new person!" the barmaid exclaims rather suddenly moments before hopping over the counter and heading straight for the dead-timed patron.

She'll then reach down to grab him by the tail and drag him over by the fireplace.

Can't have people tripping over someone laying in the middle of the doorway after all!

"Welcome to Trog's Tavern! I'll be happy to get you anything you would like as soon as you've rejoined the time stream!"

wxdruid
2010-03-09, 08:04 PM
Thecla yips a little as if asking about what she just said. The look in her eyes shows intelligence and she's curious.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 08:06 PM
Erin nods to Dyna, to answer Richard's question, then looks back at Thecla.
"We're fighting Edict. Do you know who Edict is?" she asks the wolf quietly.

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 08:07 PM
"As far as weapons go I can put a seal on that gun of yours that'll let it rip through those shadow things just as well as if they were made of flesh and blood," Dyna reports. "It'll take a few hours worth of work though."

Richard picks up his gun and holds it bu the barrels, then holds it out to Dyna.

I would be most grateful.

ApeofLight
2010-03-09, 08:14 PM
Foro waits for a second and then waves his arms around. " Heeeellloooo? Does anyone see the talking monkey? Because Foro was pretty sure Foro just asked a question. "

Ahhh, seems the poor guy got overlooked.

wxdruid
2010-03-09, 08:14 PM
Thecla tilts her head to one side as she thinks about the name. She shakes her head no, she doesn't. She does look interested in knowing more though.

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 08:22 PM
Dyna accepts the weapon with a rather wide grin. "I don't suppose you would be willing to take this part of the payment as well?" Then a grin at the magma monkey. "Of course we are! There's this nasty expanding shadow land that we need to put an end to!"

Regardless of the answer she sets the gun down on the counter and places both hands over it, eye closed. And...

Starts praying over the weapon...?

Huh.

That must be part of the process or something.

The prayers are probably going to continue for a while yet. A good fifteen minutes at least. Once that's done it'll be time to start working on the seals! Seems Dyna really knowns what she's doing when it comes to this sort of thing. Probably a good sign.

XtheYeti
2010-03-09, 08:30 PM
I am willing Dyna.

Richard watches intently.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 08:35 PM
"Edict is evil. He took some of my friends once and killed them, and turned them into shades..."

Specifically, the two whose illusions she had to deal with the previous night.

"Now he's h-here and trying to turn people into shadows again, there's a big shadowland out there, and we're going to kill it. And him," she says, firmly.

ApeofLight
2010-03-09, 08:39 PM
Foro 'oohs' at the adventure that there gonna go on. " That sounds like fun! Can Foro help? " He asks with the gleam of adventure and sincere wanting to help in them.

Darkcomet
2010-03-09, 08:40 PM
Trent sighs. "Hidden or no, that's no good if they keep bombarding the city and the shield breaks. Collateral damage is a bitch like that. I could simply try to fly it out from the side of the shield by the docks. Considering it's a land attack risk of damage from the shelling from that exit would be minimal." He doesn't respond to Foro, since Dyna already seems to be onto that.

wxdruid
2010-03-09, 08:41 PM
Well, Thecla doesn't like the sound of that, she wants to help. She is a cleric of St Cuthbert and she wants to contribute to Erin's cause. She jumps down and runs to the door and back to Erin, trying to get across that she wants to help in defeating the evil dude so she can smash his face in, or would that be bite his face in since she's in wolf form.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 09:00 PM
"You want to come?" Erin smiles a bit more. "Alright. As soon as we go, you're with us, alright?"

wxdruid
2010-03-09, 09:02 PM
Thecla yips again and flops down on Erin's feet to wait for them to leave. She'll be ready, she's always ready to smite evil.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-09, 09:16 PM
Magtok returns to the Tavern, taking a seat with a nervous smile on his face and a twitchy arm at his side. Thankfully the MagSat came back when it did, or the tin man would have no easy way of knowing if that Anshu guy with the wacky oriental hat had left the building yet.

Chas the mage
2010-03-09, 11:02 PM
Kilroy makes his way to the bar, slowly, and not running into TOO much stuff this time.

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 11:30 PM
"Hee... Looks like we've got a whole slew of potential party members already!" Dyna finally comments with a rather goofy grin spreading across her face. The seals have already been placed on Richard's weapon by now. With a touch and a word they glow electric blue for a brief moment before fading.

She shoves the weapon toward the assassin.

"Job's done. Now you can put messy holes in shadow people just as well as you can put messy holes in fleshy people. Just don't let them rip your shadow out or we'll have another shade to deal with."

And that would be bad.

Dyna glances around at those gathered.

"Now then. Who all is going to help us stomp some evil shadow things?"

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 11:34 PM
Erin looks up and waves. "I am! I think, er...the wolf here wants to help, too." She waves at Theca, relaxed on her feet.

She then falls quiet for a few minutes before whispering.
"Do you...do you think 'Lanna would hate me? With all I've d-done since..."

Rebonack
2010-03-09, 11:43 PM
"Wolf and sort of ghost, check and check," Dyna comments with a nod before drawing little stick figures of the two and making a check mark next to them. The drawing being in mid-air with spooooooky electric blue lines of course.

That's sort of her thing you know.

And then the next subject comes up...

One that isn't nearly as bouncy to talk about.

Dyna moves up along side Erin once more, putting an arm around her shoulder. "I don't think she would ever hate you, Erin. But I think she might be sad for you. Disappointed. You haven't been making the best decisions lately to be utterly honest. Especially in regard to... what you've been doing with yourself..."

A deep breath as she considers how to continue.

"Erin, Maya is gone. It isn't healthy for you to be obsessing over her. It's making you open yourself up to others in ways that... just aren't healthy. Or right."

Yeah... She obviously has a few views on ethics she isn't afraid to voice. But Erin did ask...

ApeofLight
2010-03-09, 11:46 PM
Foro thrusts his hand in the air and jumps up and down in his seat like a 2nd grader that knows the answer. " Oooh, Oooh, Pick Foro. Pick Foro. Foro want to go to creepy shadow land! "

He bounces up and down excitedly as if he's about to win a super special prize. Which in his mind he is.

The Bushranger
2010-03-09, 11:50 PM
Erin nods, not looking up, but leaning into the arm around her shoulders.
Somebody to lean on.
That's what she's been lacking most, she realises.

"Y-you're right. Sometimes...it's like I can't help myself. I want to be b-better, but...I miss her, and...it hurts, Zee."

Yup, she just called her Zee.
Probably because she's pouring her heart out.

"I wanted to be with her forever, and my heart, I can't give it to anybody else. Even if I wanted to. Some p-people can, but I can't, not when she was my first true love and soulmate...it's just...I was impressionable when I first met Mel, and she is...well, g-graceful I guess, and all."

Not to mention easy on the eyes.
At least, as a human anyway.
As the shadow-thing she is now, probably not so much.

"and that kinda, y'know, c-colors how I feel, that and how there is, um, well, at least was somebody there she's scared to acknowledge and I wanted to help. I just hurt her though, like them all. I guess maybe I care too much sometimes and g-get in trouble for it and m-maybe you're right and I need to do s-something new with myself...I just...I just with they were here, all of them..."

She turns her head and buries her face in Dyna's shoulder.

Rebonack
2010-03-10, 12:07 AM
Dyna quirks half a smile at the lava ape as he pipes up. His image is added to the party list! And after a few moments of thought Dyna's is up there too.

And then Erin starts pouring out her heart. Oof... This is pretty heavy... Through it all Dyna remains silent, simply rubbing Erin's back whilst the ghost ghost girl covers her shoulder with tears and snot. But that's what friends are for after all.

"After I started to dream about Zee I thought at first that it might be something real. It all felt so real. The love, the closeness..." Dyna begins, her voice a horse whisper. "So I tried to search for my friends. For Raril. That life felt so much like mine I wanted to live it. I worked myself ragged. I hunted for ages. But nothing. I never found anything. And eventually that hunt is what got me Bound. I met Ruben there. Fell in love again. Marraied. Lived a happy life. And then... he died..."

Deep breath Dyna! Deep breath before you start blubbering incoherently.

"I moved on. Dedicated my life to service. I never thought I would see you all. But I didn't let that longing define me. I moved on. You need to find what defines you apart from one person, Erin. You need to find your calling."

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 12:10 AM
Dyna might have to take a moment longer with that deep breath, seeing as Erin turns and hugs her back, tightly, when she takes it.

"I guess you're right," Erin finally whispers after a little while of just being quiet, holding, and being held. "I should try. Can you...can you help me?"
She looks up, wipes her eyes.
"Also...I'm...I'm glad you found us."

Rebonack
2010-03-10, 12:17 AM
"I'm glad I found everyone too..." Dyna's voice starts to crack with tears, tears of joy rather than tears of grief. "I was so sure that you would... you would all be dead... It was aeons for me, Erin. Ages. I thought I wouldn't ever see Raril again apart from some forgotten plot of earth where he was buried..."

She thought Raril was dead.

As well as pretty much everyone else she ever cared about.

"It would be nice if so many of our friends weren't gone. But... we have to continue forward. We can't be stuck in the past like that. Or we'll stagnate."

One last squeeze before she steps back.

And frazzles Erin's hair for her again.

"What your passion?"

Then a glance over at the lava ape. "What about you, Foro? What's your favorite thing in the whole world?"

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 12:19 AM
Erin nods, squeezes back - then eeps as her hair gets frazzled!

And tries to push it back into some semblence of unfrazzleness.

"Helping people," she says, without hesitation, in answer to Dyna's question. "Making people happy. Being there to help my friends when they need me. Letting t-them know that no matter what I'm there."

ApeofLight
2010-03-10, 12:23 AM
Foro is caught off guard by this. Partially because there was something familiar and yet so very different about this person. The other part is because it's such a simple question.

He taps his chin in thought for a second. " Foro like... drinking, fighting and having fun! Foro like all of them the best. " He says with a nod.

Recaiden
2010-03-10, 12:26 AM
Ashna finally wakes up. But she figures she should let Brendan stay asleep. Silly of them to fall asleep while sitting down and drinking coffee.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 12:28 AM
And sitting on the floor, no less!

But right now Brendan remains asleep, his head on her shoulder, and...snoring lightly. :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2010-03-10, 12:30 AM
Dyna watches Erin carefully as she straightens her hair out once again...

Then frazzles it once more as soon as she's done. Ha! Take that!

Once that rather important action is taken Dyna moves on with the questioning. "How do you want to help people, Erin?"

Then a grin is flashed at the lava ape.

"It sounds like you have you priorities out pretty straight, Foro. If you come with us on this little outing I'm sure there will be plenty of fighting to go around."

Mostly fighting horrible shadow things.

But they're worth pounding, right?

ApeofLight
2010-03-10, 12:33 AM
Foro vigorously shakes his head in the affirmative. " That's why Foro likes adventuring so much. Foro get to have fun and to fight and sometimes get to drink a lot. " Says the ape with a giggle.

Recaiden
2010-03-10, 12:37 AM
Well, that's different.

"Wake up, Brendan." she says softly.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 12:40 AM
"Hmm? Dunwanna..." Brendan mutters, before finally sitting up and yawning. "...I fell asleep, didn't I?'

---

Erin swats at Dyna's hand playfully as her hair gets frazzled again!
And leaves it this time.
"I want to help people any way that I can. To let them know...that they're not alone, that no matter how dark it is, things will get better."

A bit of 'do as I say' there, yes...

Recaiden
2010-03-10, 12:48 AM
Ashna laughs softly.
"Yes, you did, love. Come on, get up." She hops to standing herself, and offers him a hand.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 12:54 AM
Brendan chuckles and takes her hand with a smile, standing. "Sorry about that, love."
And she might get a kiss on the forehead.

Recaiden
2010-03-10, 01:06 AM
"It's fine. Although you should have gone home if you were tired."
She does, and smiles.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 01:10 AM
"Maybe. But then you'd have been here and I'd have been there," Brendan points out, with impeccable logic. "Although I guess I could see about getting the store open and all, if you're going to be working?"

Recaiden
2010-03-10, 01:17 AM
"Sort of. Hey, neoZee? You can withdraw my application. Thanks anyway, but I don't think this job would work for me." Ashna calls out.
"I'll never get back to the forge, otherwise." she says to Brendan.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 01:23 AM
"And that wouldn't be a good thing," Brendan agrees, nodding. And ordering two fresh cups of coffee from Cosmo, to go, grumbling no extra charge.

Recaiden
2010-03-10, 01:30 AM
Who's drinking the second cup of coffee? It's not Ashna.
"Not at all."

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 01:32 AM
She doesn't like being caffinated? Guess Brendan gets two cups then.

"Indeed."
The coffee, extra grumbles, is delivered, and Brendan pays for it.
"Anything else we need to do here?"

((also, 15 minutes))

Recaiden
2010-03-10, 01:35 AM
Caffeine doesn't work on them, and she doesn't like the taste.

"No. Nothing more." She has no reason to stay or to ever return.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 01:38 AM
BR didn't used to like coffee either...

"Well then. Would milady like an escort to her forge? Or to her bethrothed's place of business operations." Brendan puts on a faux-posh accent and posture - and a smile.

Recaiden
2010-03-10, 01:48 AM
"No, she would not." Ashna tries and fails to put on a similar accent, and starts laughing as she walks out of the Tavern.

((Good night.))

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 01:50 AM
Brendan laughs along with her, and holds the door for her as they head out!

Somehow doing this while juggling two cups of coffee.

((G'nite!))

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 05:21 PM
Richard undeadtimes.

Erin you have a good heart. The worlds have this odd tendency to make things work out for people like you. And if they don't I will.

He offers her a huggle of support.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 07:43 PM
Erin blushes (green), but hugs back a little.
"T-thank you."

wxdruid
2010-03-10, 07:47 PM
There's a slight snoring sound coming from the area around Erin's feet...

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 07:47 PM
Richard leaves one arm around Erin for now and picks up his gun with the other and puts it back in it's shoulder holster. (he doesn't like girls, and has told Erin that, so she shouldn't be all that uncomfortable with him doing so. Or whatever)

So do we have a plan? Or is it one of those just start and let come what may deals?

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 08:11 PM
Erin is a little uncomfortable, but not as much as she would be otherwise.

"Planning's up to h-her," she says, nodding torwards the deadtimed Dyna.

The snoring wolfy foot-warmer makes her smile a bit.

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 08:13 PM
Richard moves his arm a little so that it is barley touching Erin's shoulder.

So what information do we have on the Shadow lands, and its inhabitants?

Chas the mage
2010-03-10, 08:20 PM
Kilroy is at the bar. Hes adjusting the scope on his sniper rifle.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 08:25 PM
"Well, for starters, Edict will try and suck your shadow out of you, then t-turn you into a shade, a puppet for him," Erin explains, her eyes flashing with contained anger at the thought of what he'd done to her friends in the past. "And I'm pretty sure if you die in a shadowland you turn into a shade anyway."

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 08:28 PM
Richard nods.

Well then it's a good thing that Edict wont be capable of doing that to me.

Richards eyes roll back into his head for a second, and his shadow steps away from the table and waves. Richards looks at Erin then points at his now waving shadow.

I think I'll leave that somewhere when we leave.

Rebonack
2010-03-10, 08:41 PM
Hey!

Dyna isn't dead timed!

Considering the fact that her head is sort of tilted back a bit and she's snoring really loudly? Probably asleep. Whilst standing up. It's kind of strange...

*ahem*

Eerr...

She doesn't seem to be waking up.

Maybe someone should prod her?

Chas the mage
2010-03-10, 08:42 PM
Kilroy manages to drop a large amount of bullets on the floor... loudly. In the process of attempting to pick them up he falls down.

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 08:42 PM
Richards Shadow will prod her.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-10, 08:45 PM
Speaking of people being turned into shades, in walks Tamesis, carrying a large jewel glowing red.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 08:50 PM
"...nifty," Erin says at Richard's shadow demonstration, before leaning over to prod Dyna.

Tamesis' arrival goes unnoticed because of said prodding.

This is probably a good thing.

Rebonack
2010-03-10, 08:58 PM
Dyna is poked several times!

This results in her snapping awake with a snort. And jumping a fair bit. In fact, she jumps so high that she stumbles over a bucket that Cosmo left out and falls flat on her face. Somewhere in the midst of the jumping she seems to have unintentionally shifted her perspective slightly.

Which results in a rather weird hybrid appearance half way between human and very not human. Charcoal gray skin. Golden reptilian eyes. That weird tentacle-like tail... Her two pony tails have been replaced by a pair of equally purple tentacles. Though the rest of her hair is still intact.

Frankly... The Far thing looks strange. Almost like the rightmost avatar in Rebo's spoiler...

"Gah! What was that for?" Dyna protests, her voice a rather spooky overlay of Common and Far-Tongue.

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 09:00 PM
Richard doesn't even flinch.

You fell asleep. We woke you, and is that a...shade?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-10, 09:02 PM
Tamesis zaps an NPC with the glowing crystal. The NPC hunches over and begins growling at people nearby.

Chas the mage
2010-03-10, 09:03 PM
Kilroy looks in the general direction of the growling, but not directly at it. "Who let that dog in 'ere?"

Darkcomet
2010-03-10, 09:06 PM
A certain T. Armitage is snapped out of deadtime...and seems to be peering at Dyna. "Weeeell, I'd normally be surprised to see that in the middle of a tavern, but..." ...and is now looking at Tamesis. He missed the NPC zapping, but the growling and the jewel grab some attention.

EleventhHour
2010-03-10, 09:10 PM
[Outside Trog's Door]

A wizened fellow, in a long, somewhat ragged, brown sweater, the worn brass buttons undone, and his white shirt having faded to grey over the years. Despite the scruffy look of his clothes, they are clear as could be, smoothed and straight. Looking about expectantly for a short time, he can do anything but find whatever it was that he was watching for, and so cracked open the black case at his feet and took out an accordion, and with a few mistuned runs of the keys, breaks into a song, a bit like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TSdFGzp_VQ) one, leaving the case there for the occasional coin that gets tossed in. A grateful smile for anyone who does... what do you mean that's not reward enough you ingrates!

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 09:11 PM
Richard stands, and has one hand inside his coat, the other is on Erin's shoulder.

Dyna, what is that? And is there any reason for me to not shoot the thing holding the gem?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-10, 09:12 PM
The growling man leaps at Kilroy and throws a punch at him.

Tamesis zaps another NPC.

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 09:17 PM
Richard GRINS.
Well lets see if this actually works. QUIET!!!!

So tentacles now?

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 09:19 PM
Erin jumps back at seeing Dyna's change, and gulps. "Er....sorry? Didn't mean to startle you so, just to...wake you up..."

Then the growling and zapping get noticed, and she looks around...

And tenses at seeing the vaguely greyscale-looking girl with the spoooooky gem.

Before she can cast though...

She smacks Richard in the head.

"Do you even know what you just did?!"

She then grabs her staff, leaps onto the table, and vaults for the rafters!

Darkcomet
2010-03-10, 09:19 PM
"Alright, that's it..." Trent pulls his pistol out of its holster, preparing to fire a shot at Tamesis...

When Richard yells quiet. Now, Trent remembers hearing that mentioned, so he quickly and preemptively climbs on top of the bar.

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 09:24 PM
Richard is smacked.

Uh...made tentacles appear to stop whatever the hells is going on with the gem and the...Oh yeah. I forgot.

Richard mutters something arcane, and tries to wrap one arm around Erin's waist and the other around Dyna's and will leap straight up, do a half a flip, and his feet will stick to the ceiling.

Rebonack
2010-03-10, 09:34 PM
Dyna is about to say something snappy to Trent, but then she finds herself rather distracted when tentacles attack!

Rawr!

Dozens of tentacles come swarming out of every available surface, rafters included. They begin to assault every living and unliving and construct-like being on the premises. Though the vast majority of the nasty things will assault the speaker of the Q-word.

That would be Richard.

Rawr!

"Bwah!" Dyna eeps as one of the tentacles lashings around her mid-section, pinning her arms to her sides rather smartly. Can't get at her sword that way. Though... she decides to make use of her tail instead. Wraps the thing around the tentacle as dozens of talon, like claws reach out of the suckers and rake deep, cleaving the attacking limb clean off.

He then hits the floor with an "Oof!"

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 09:37 PM
Erin, alas for Richard, was already well clear and out of the way!

She throws out her hand, intending to blast some tentacles with a Ray of Frost.

What she gets is a corsucrating ray of gray-black energy, that both freezes what it hits, and necrotises it.

Sizzling tentacle time!

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 09:38 PM
Richard draws his gun, spins the chamber, and starts blasting tentacles. The bullets are enchanted, and should disintegrate the tentacles.

Ha! This is kinda fun!

Then he is grabed around the waist.

Ah, you see that's not a good idea.

He changes into a dire porcupine. All super spiky and stuff.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-10, 09:41 PM
Tios undeadtimes in front of the fireplace, half rolls over, and depending where the fireplace is, may or may not see Tamesis. If so, he will roll all the way over into the fireplace and, after being burned, jump up, smack his head on the top of the fireplace, and grab his dagger. If not, he will try to go back to sleep. But he will hear commotion if there is fighting, and burn himself anyway. There is a chance that tentacles will attack him.

((Note: Tios is sort of a klutz))

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-10, 09:43 PM
Tamesis unleashes a blast of necrotic energy, making the tentacles wither and die as the black beam passes over them.

She's not being careful about her aim, though. Might wanna make sure you're not in the way.

Darkcomet
2010-03-10, 09:48 PM
Trent looks toward Tamesis, stomping on a tentacle that tried to creep up to grab him from his spot on top of the bar. "Perfect..." He fires his pistol at Tamesis. It fires a wide red beam. It's not a lethal weapon-a mere stunner.

Rebonack
2010-03-10, 09:53 PM
Thankfully the fire is on a bit of a raised platform. Rolling into it is a bit hard. For good reason. This wouldn't be the first time someone would have bumbled into the thing if it weren't. Not being on fire is always nice, honestly.

The tentacles continue their horrible assault on the tavern!

By this time Dyna has Terux out, the unnatural weapon singing through the air, echoing with music of the outer spheres as she scythes through tentacles. The Warden seems to flicker and she dances between them, motions jarring as they are impossible.

Look at those tentacles die!

"I'm going to smack you myself as soon as those things are gone!" she hollers at Richard.

Seems she's irritated.

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 09:55 PM
I was expecting a lot less tentacles! And...yeah I'm going to let you...but by the way is there any reason for me to not shoot the thingy with the necromantic gem while I'm blowing away stuff?

Richard is still gunning like a mad man.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-10, 09:56 PM
Tios slashes at some tentacles with his dagger, then pulls his bandana of True Seeing over his eyes and looks around. And he keeps fending the tentacles off with his tail and dagger, not trying to kill them (yet), just trying to survive while he looks around with true seeing.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 10:11 PM
Erin, meanwhile, is very much trying to kill the tentacles, deciding to try dropping a Fireball on a glop of tentacles that's sited just so so that it can be done without collateral damage.

WHOOMF.

Oh hey, that was a fireball with shadow and Far energies! Nifty!

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-10, 10:16 PM
((Deadtime))

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 10:16 PM
Richard moves to stand back to back with Erin. Shooting like a mad man, but with astounding accuracy. Also he doesn't seem to be running out of bullets, even though he has fired over 60 rounds so far...and has a six shooter...with two barrels...that fires out of both of them every time Richard fires...

You know...I really didn't think that Dyna was serious, and if she was that it would be this bad...This is awesome!

Gimliggamer
2010-03-10, 10:22 PM
[Shadowy Corner]

Hey look! George finally undeadtimed in his sleep! To crazy tentacle things! yay! He folds his wings back behind his back to keep them safe(r) from the tentacles, pulling out his laser gun. Once he does this, he begins shooting from the sitting position he has in the chair at the tentacles.

Rebonack
2010-03-10, 10:23 PM
Well... Things are getting pretty nasty for the tentacles at this point. They decide that now would be a great idea to retreat! Bye tentacles!

As for Tios, Rebo isn't sure if anyone around here would look any different under True Sight or not. Certainly not Dyna at least.

She glances around the tavern in a rather irritated fashion.

Then heads over to Richard to thwack him.

"Go stick some money in the Q-Jar! You spoke up and so you pay up!"

Thems the rules!

Alright... Now... There's something else she needs to take care of...

Oh right. The evil girl!

"What are you up to young lady?" comes a Very Stern Voice from behind the half-cast.

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 10:27 PM
Richard goes over and sticks about...what is the currency? and how much would one weeks worth of room and board at Trogs cost? cause that's how much he puts in.

Yep. I did it on purpose so I will pay willingly.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 10:30 PM
Erin, who's hanging by her knees from a rafter, looks at her hand almost suspiciously.
Clearly pondering the strange effects that have warped her magic.
"I have a bad feeling about this."

dun Dun DUN!

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 10:31 PM
Richard stands under Erin and holds out his arms so she can just let go of the rafters and fall onto them

I can catch you if you wish Erin.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-10, 10:36 PM
[Shadowy Corner]

George holsters his pistol at the sight of the tentacles leaving, and leans back against the wall in his chair, popping some mint leaves into his mouth. He quietly observes the people and the goings on as he slowly chews the leaves, releasing the familiar peppermint smell into the air around him.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 10:42 PM
"Huh? Oh. Thanks, but I'm fine."

Erin, still holding that fancy staff, does a backflip, landing on her feet on the floor, nods to Richard, then glares at Tamesis.

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 10:44 PM
Richard grins and nods at Erin's skill

Impressive. Now about gem and person holding it. Shoot? Please? I want to shoot them both.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-10, 10:49 PM
"Harvesting souls," comes the simple answer.

The Bushranger
2010-03-10, 10:54 PM
Erin starts to say something.

Narrows her eyes as she hears Tamesis's answer.

Then looks at Richard.

"She 'harvests' another one, shoot her."

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 10:57 PM
Richard nods to Erin, and points that Cannon thing he calls a gun straight at Tamesis head.

Please try it. I want to see what this thing does to you.

He spins the chamber of the revolver cannon. And starts to chant.

Rebonack
2010-03-10, 11:01 PM
"Nifty!" comes a rather cheerful reply from Dyna. Then she aims to split the Half-Cast in twin with her sword.

Seems as though she isn't too keep on soul-harvesting in her bar.

Nope.

Not keen on soul harvesting in the least.

"Feel free to shoot her all you like!"

Looks like it's open season on Half-Casts.

Woohoo!

Fire at will!

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 11:07 PM
Richards Chant has his gun glowing crazily. He just dumped all kinds of magic and spells into it. He grins and fires. He should blast Tameis's head clean off with a flurry of explosive shots.

With pleasure.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-10, 11:21 PM
Zel undeadtimes at the bar. She looks at the scene, and takes a moment to figure out what's going on.

If there is any demonic presence at all, the white pattern on the onyx stone fused to her chest will move slowly. If not, then it stays still.

Je dit Viola
2010-03-10, 11:24 PM
Hmm...Violet has just come here, ten seconds ago. She counts as a demonic presence. Also, it's extremely noticible due to her red skin which radiates demonic energy.

She moves over to a stool to sit.

And...someone's head just got shot off for soulstealing.
:smalleek: I have a couple soulstealing characters.

Chas the mage
2010-03-10, 11:25 PM
Sorry for the un-expected, un-announced deadtime earlier.
In lighter news, Kilroy is doing his usual thing.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-10, 11:30 PM
Tamesis dodges Dyna's blade and backs toward the door. Richard's shots strike the jewel, and it explodes in a shower of sparks and sharp-edged fragments.

Maybe they'll be able to save the souls she already harvested, but they'll have to act fast!

Gimliggamer
2010-03-10, 11:32 PM
[Shadowy Corner]

George watches the short battle, glad that the soul-stealer didn't notice him, because he has no protection against such things. He continues chewing his mint leaves, the peppermint scent drifting farther into the tavern.

XtheYeti
2010-03-10, 11:33 PM
Richard keeps shooting at Tamesis. He doesn't really care about the souls, not that he could do anything about them even if he did. He just wants to put a bullet or twelve into Tamesis's head, and chest. And he is one of the best shots in the worlds.

Just hold still and die. Thank you.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-11, 12:43 AM
With her hands free, Tamesis brings up her imperishable sceptre, forged from soulsteel, and begins deflecting the bullets as they fly at her. As an eleven-year-old, she's a smaller target than most, and that makes it easier for her to defend herself as she backs out of the door.

XtheYeti
2010-03-11, 12:48 AM
Richard keeps firing, and draws a second gun, it looks like an exact copy of the one he already has, and he is now firing even faster, and with both guns.

No, I think you should die before you leave little monster.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-11, 12:59 AM
((That's rich, coming from a self-confessed assassin))

Tamesis parries another volley of bullets, and necrotic energy flares and follows the bullets' path through the air back to his guns. If they're mundane, the magical energy will destroy them; if magical, they will merely be torn from his hands.

Morty
2010-03-11, 04:22 PM
Michalson undeadtimes, smoking his pipe and watching the fight with a mixture of amusement and irritation. He doesn't know if he should treat Tamesis as a potential ally or an upstart and an enemy.

Rebonack
2010-03-11, 05:26 PM
...Dyna seems to have...

Well, she's been serving behind the bar, actually. Not dead timed in the least. Nope. Totally been active this whole time without a moment's downtime. Busy being very industrious!

Michalson may recall that she was ranting about how much she dislikes undead the other day. Nasty smelly horrible things.

But she isn't doing much of that right now.

Oh no.

No, she's mostly just fixing sammiches.

Because that happens to be her job, you see.

XtheYeti
2010-03-11, 05:29 PM
((Not just a self confessed assassin, but he also is quite evil. And yes it was supposed to be funny))

The guns are knocked out of Richards hands, and he grimaces.

Now I'm going to have to do this the harder way.

He throws both hands down, and thin 12 inch blades come out of his sleeves, and he charges.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-11, 05:30 PM
In other news, a series of specters seem to have arbitrarily flown up through the floor and out through the roof.
No readily apparent reason, but they did it.

And then there's little Karaglen...who isn't actually here. She left at some point.
Good for her! Escaped the trap that is Trog's.

And there's a plush crab on its back on one of the tables.

And there's the thing that looks peculiarly like a malignant tumor growing underneath one of the booths.

Je dit Viola
2010-03-11, 05:33 PM
Hey, look. The fight's still going.

Violet has no idea what's going on, since she came in after the fight started, so she's assuming it's just a natural bar brawl. They happen all the time, y'know.

And...oh. Yeah. Michaelson killed her once. She doesn't recognize him, on account of only being able to see him briefly. He might (or might not) recognize her, 'cause her skin's dyed red like a demon's skin now, although she still has fangs.

Also, she got some food just earlier, so she's done eating now.

((And...Obsidian still has the plush Penguin, I think. I'm not so sure, though.))

In fact, Obsidian walks in right now! She still looks like a 12-year old girl with long black hair, and she may or may not have a plush penguin.

Rebonack
2010-03-11, 05:36 PM
Dyna pauses mid-sammich crafting as soon as she notices the plushy crab. And narrows her eyes at the vile thing. Such an interloper into the tavern will not be tolerated!

She reaches under the counter and pulls out-!

A flame thrower.

Seriously.

The weapon is leveled at the plush and a rather significant volume of flaming doom is released in its general direction.

Fwoooosh!

Seems plushies are more important than spooky little girls.

Morty
2010-03-11, 05:38 PM
Michalson is watching Violet intently. She looks kind of... but he put her to rest. Of course, if she came back, it's a grave insult to Lady Death. Still, he doesn't want to risk killing a living person. Not that me has some qualms about that, but it tends to piss people off. So instead, he walks up to the bar and adresses Dyna. Hello. Didn't we meet in Taverna Generica one day?
And then flames erupt and he backs away. Quickly.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-11, 05:39 PM
Zel undeadtimes again. In time to notice Dyna letting loose fiery fury.

She leans back a little. And wears a slightly confused expression.

Unknown to her, the white pattern on the onyx stone fused to her chest slowly moves.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-11, 05:43 PM
Well that's not very nice to do to a perfectly innocent stuffed animal.
Now look at all those ashes that need to be cleaned up!

Geez, Dyna's a jerk.

And hooray plush penguins! Those are the best.
Very adorable and definitely not evil.

Je dit Viola
2010-03-11, 05:48 PM
Violet (not Violent :smalltongue:) watches the flamethrower. Wow, that seemed very disproportionate. She quickly swallows to not spit out her drink.

Obsidian, on the other hand, watched the crab plushie burn up. It scared her a little, 'cause a gun just breathed fire. Only dragons are allowed to do that.

She jumps, and hugs her penguin plushie tightly, backing away from Dyna (almost called her Zee...). You're not going to get her plushie and burn it up, if she has a say in the matter.

Rebonack
2010-03-11, 05:49 PM
Once the plush crab is a pile of crisp, fused synthetic fiber goop Dyna will glare at it for a few moments before putting the flame thrower away. And then smiling cheerfully at the somewhat gruff wizard. "Sure did! Don't mind the soft-animal related mess. They show up now and again and try to smother people," she raises one finger into the air as she makes her point. "So it's best to kill them with fire before they snag someone!"

Truly wise advice.

"Don't you worry yourself! I don't set people on fire!" Dyna comments with a giggle. Then adds rather thoughtfully, "Well... Unless they're some sort of horrible undead. But even then fire isn't my tool of choice. Oh! And on the topic of horrible undead some various hunters around the City are starting to suspect that the World Born Dead has set its baleful gaze on the Nexus. Which means we might be up to our eyeballs in shambling things in the next few months."

Isn't that just lovely?

...then the tavern is rocked by an explosion.

Which causes Dyna to wrinkle her nose in a rather irritated fashion. "Great, now wha-"

Then Trog's suffers a direct hit from an artillery shell.

Cacophony, horror, and terrible violence follows.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-11, 05:54 PM
Yay artillery!

The sound of the explosion causes Zel to whip around. Then the shrapnel hits. She quickly swings her arm to try to force it away, but she hadn't reacted quite fast enough. A decent amount still lands on her.

She gets knocked down to the floor, face first. A large beam of wood lays across her back.

Morty
2010-03-11, 06:00 PM
Michalson's first reaction to Trog's being hit with an artillery shell would be to shadow-jump away, but Dyna's mention of undead catches his attention. World Born Dead? What in the Planes is that? He asks, standing up from the ground and dusting himself off.

Je dit Viola
2010-03-11, 06:04 PM
Obsidian was pretty close to the blast. It's a good thing she's a dragon, or things could have gotten really ugly for her.

Rather than getting fatally injured like the nearby humans, Obsidian gets blasted to the ground, and loses her concentration, turning her back into a black dragon, who is larger than a lion. A shard of wood, though, has managed to lodge itself under one of her armorlike scales.

Violet first feels the explosion instants before it hit, and had time to brace herself.

Luckily, her demonic skin repels much of the debris, and, due to chance, she sat in a further seat from the explosion.

Her eyes go wide as she jumps up, trying to decide who to help first - who's in more danger, as soon as the dust clears.

Darkening Cloud
2010-03-11, 06:07 PM
The tremendous blast seems to awaken Daxus, who despite the rubble and ash filling the tavern does three full laps of the tavern shouting "She lives!" at the top of his voice, before grabbing and kissing the nearest member of staff and running out the door full pelt, still shouting.

He seems happy.

Rebonack
2010-03-11, 06:10 PM
Seems the upper floors have been obliterated pretty darn decently. But Trog's is a sturdy building meant to survive unruly PCs causing trouble. A few of the rafter beams have fallen into the common room, though for the most part the building is still intact.

Dyna picks herself up off the floor from where she had dove prone, glancing about quickly at the general level of destruction. Not too bad. But another shell would be baaaaad news.

"World Born Dead is a bad thing," Dyna comments hurriedly as she vaults over the bar and heads for a rarely used door perpendicular to the kitchen. Right across the room from Trog's personal quarters, actually. Dyna yanks it open and gestures inside.

"I'll explain later. For now everyone into the basement."

Would probably protect them from another hit.

XtheYeti
2010-03-11, 06:10 PM
Richard is hit by the shell it self. When the smoke clears a bit it can be clearly seen that he is standing there with a clear sphere of force around him.

Now then. I'm going to go find me who ever it is that is shooting those things and I am going to blow his F(back word)ing head off

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-11, 06:12 PM
Zel groans a little. She tries to lift herself up, and finds the beam pins her down pretty good.

She sighs.

Then she stretches a hand forward and turns it palm up. As she slowly raises the arm, the beam slowly lifts off of her. She gives a quick jerk of the arm, and the beam gets tossed a few feet away.

Now she lifts herself up, groaning some more.

She hears Dyna's suggestion, and makes her way over, limping a little.

The Bushranger
2010-03-11, 06:14 PM
Erin, for her part, is...

Oh dear.

Seems she was starting to undeadtime at about the time the artillery shell hit.

Now she's laying in a heap on the floor, a roof beam having konked her on the head, and a trace of ectoplasm on the floor under her.

:smalleek:

wxdruid
2010-03-11, 06:15 PM
Thecla is underneath Erin and she's not moving, it all took her by surprise...

Morty
2010-03-11, 06:16 PM
Michalson doesn't need to have it repeated. He'd just shadow-jump to safety, but he wants to hear more about this "World Born Dead" thing. He ignores Erin and all other injured or dead people, PCs and NPCs alike. He's a bastard like that.

Je dit Viola
2010-03-11, 06:17 PM
Obsidian, who was too close to the window, flashes back into a human, 'cause they don't get in people's way so much.

She follows the crowd.

Violet, on the other hand, begins wondering where her children are. They're probably out in the city.

She goes over to some of the other fallen beams, to help the people who they've fallen on, to get over to the basement door, calming them down a bit.

She gets to Erin and taps her shoulder - no response yet. She then tries to lift her up to carry her.

Darkcomet
2010-03-11, 06:20 PM
The formerly deadtimed Trent...does not follow the crowd to the basement. No, he's running outside.

XtheYeti
2010-03-11, 06:20 PM
Erin, for her part, is...

Oh dear.

Seems she was starting to undeadtime at about the time the artillery shell hit.

Now she's laying in a heap on the floor, a roof beam having konked her on the head, and a trace of ectoplasm on the floor under her.

:smalleek:

Richard walks over and tries to pick Erin up. He will carry her down to the basement and then start dumping healing potions down her throat.

Wake up little one. Please wake up...Don't leave me alone again.

Wha? What's he talking about?

The Bushranger
2010-03-11, 06:27 PM
Between Osbedian and Richard, Erin is picked up!

Somebody really should pick up Thecla, too.

Erin is unconsious with a nasty knot on her head, and a gash across her stomach, but not too deep. Mostly she seems to have just been knocked silly. Fortunatly.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-11, 06:29 PM
Zel sees Thecla as she limps over. She stops for a moment and points her hand in her direction. She then lifts her hand, which should cause Thecla to levitate. Then she starts walking again, bringing Thecla with her.

Je dit Viola
2010-03-11, 06:32 PM
Obsidian hasn't helped anybody, she's too small and hurt to do so.

And Vi will gladly let the overprotective assassin take Erin. She'll just take somebody else, healing them with her gentle humming, and assaying their fears the same way.

XtheYeti
2010-03-11, 06:33 PM
Richard starts dumping healing potions down Erin's throat muttering what I posted before over and over again.

Wake up little one. Please wake up...Don't leave me alone again.

That.

Rebonack
2010-03-11, 06:34 PM
Dyna grabs Fred Landers, a cobbler who lives down the street and got clobbered with some flying masonry. Someone has to get the NPCs after all.

Kinda dark down here.

And smells vaguely of stale cigarette smoke. Various crates and barrels contain food-supplied for the tavern above if you can count peanuts and booze as food of some kind. Aside from those that grabbed PCs several of the NPC patrons likewise are hauling the injured down here.

"Put the injured over there on the old mattresses," Dyna comments, pointing at the mattresses in question. All of them are in various states of damage and disrepair. Because Trog's goes through mattresses in a hurry due to the nature of their average clientele.

The sounds of shelling can be heard above. Though the basement ceiling seems to be holding up admirably.

wxdruid
2010-03-11, 06:35 PM
Thecla floats along after Zel, not doing much.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-11, 06:38 PM
Zel will bring Thecla gently over to a mattress and set her down.

Then Zel limps over to a wall and leans against it, closing her eyes for a moment.

Anybody got any idea what that was about?

XtheYeti
2010-03-11, 06:40 PM
Richard lays Erin on a mattress and keeps dumping healing potions down her throat.

The Bushranger
2010-03-11, 06:40 PM
Aha. Violet. BR really shoudn't speed-read.

Erin...doesn't seem to be affected by the healing potions. Huh. Weird. But she does groan a bit. Still seems to be out, though.

XtheYeti
2010-03-11, 06:42 PM
Richard stops with the potions and tries to bring her around the old fashion way. By patting her face and mumbling.

Little one please! Please don't! not again!

Je dit Viola
2010-03-11, 06:42 PM
Violet brings Miss Thorup over to one of the mattresses in disrepair.

Well...Jenna Thorup was injured. Now, her wounds have disappeared due to Violet's healing. Jenna sits up, and says, "Thank you."

"No problem," says the now-a-demon. She smiles, and runs over to help more of the injured over, calming their fears with her humming and slowly healing the wounds of those directly nearby.

Obsidian leans against a wall, staying out of everybody else's way.

Morty
2010-03-11, 06:44 PM
Michalson helps get some injured on the mattresses, just to pretend he wants to help.

wxdruid
2010-03-11, 06:46 PM
When Thecla is put down on the mattress she opens her eyes a slit as she tries to figure out what is going on. She hurts, she smells more hurt people and there seem to be explosions. She evaluates herself and determines none of hers are life threatening, more the ow, it hurts, don't want to move, but need to variety because she feels the need to help. She licks her nose once before she closes her eyes, grits her teeth and shifts to her hound archon form.

Rebonack
2010-03-11, 06:47 PM
"An army has been attacking the City," Dyna reports. "They must have managed to knock down the shield."

Which is a bad thing.

What isn't a bad thing is Dyna heading over to Erin with one of her hands wreathed in a swath of disturbingly organic looking white flames. She'll set said hand on Erin, some of the white-fire essence creeping off Dyna and onto the ghost girl.

Should all go as planned the strange stuff will begin to slowly mend her wounds, evaporating away into nothing as it does so. "I don't know if they've sent a list of demands or if they're just some people that the Empire's expansion managed to peeve..."

A sigh at that. Stupid expansion!

Then a sidelong glance is cast Michalson's way. "The World Born Dead. Atropus. It's an undead moon that roams the cold dark of space, looking for living worlds to devour. Once it gets close enough the dead will begin to shamble to life all on their own."

Isn't that swell?

At the mention of Atropus several of the NPCs that have been around the Nexus for a while begin to mutter worriedly among themselves.