PDA

View Full Version : Apeiron

nolispe
2010-03-08, 11:35 PM
Well, here we are. Everyone plase take a colour, and we will get started just as soon as possible.

Frog Dragon
2010-03-08, 11:47 PM
Yay for blue!

Goonthegoof
2010-03-09, 12:27 AM
Mallias, a very old male halfling outrider who is going to die soon, a partner to Torexis, a very old gold dragon (who is not going to die soon, 3000 years of natural age left). They recently adopted Sallethium, a wyrmling gold dragon.

AvalonŽ
2010-03-09, 03:25 AM
Aeson is gonna go Purple

MikelaC1
2010-03-09, 07:40 AM
Frog, you stole my color. Third campaign thats happened to me. Oh well, this one is highly visible.
By the way, does it not sound ominous that the others were told they would get their turn soon?

Corey
2010-03-09, 09:08 AM
Frog, you stole my color. Third campaign thats happened to me. Oh well, this one is highly visible.
By the way, does it not sound ominous that the others were told they would get their turn soon?

You're complaining? My character IS blue!! :smallbiggrin:

I agree re the others getting their turns soon, they might be opposition (New Custom Divination Spell: Scry Char Sheet).

Goof's young dragon is as illegible as ever, color-wise, IMO.

Being late to the party, I don't have a lot of color choices. I think I'll go with red.

Speaking of late, I'm traveling -- red-eyeing back home Thursday morning, conference call mid-day Thursday, presumably collapsing into bed afterwards. From Friday onward I expect to be back in my usual "always in front of the computer" mode.

---------------------------------------------

Nolipse,

As for character sheet tweaks then, rules changes vs. Industrious' game include:

2 flaws now allowed

Anything else? Is Leadership back on the table?

MikelaC1
2010-03-09, 09:47 AM
Goof's young dragon is as illegible as ever, color-wise, IMO.

Its not quite as bad as the infamous wheat...but pretty close.

Corey
2010-03-09, 10:33 AM
If I read sheets correctly, we have at least three characters who can cast Time Stop. :smallbiggrin: Lots of Shapechange and the like too.

So are there any spells that we should make a point of adding to somebody's list or other?

AvalonŽ
2010-03-09, 11:37 AM
I think we need more transport. Btw, what's the party's composition?

I'm able to go primary/secondary melee alongside Goonthegoof's char as well as provide support via spells and vestiges.

When are we gonna start anyway? If I can get some more time, I'd like to swap out my Sandshaper for Anathema Mage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71282)

Frog Dragon
2010-03-09, 11:43 AM
You know what they say. The early bird gets the worm :smallbiggrin: I wanted it for the psionic blue eye effect I gave my char.

And I'm essentially supercaster. I do have Greater Psionic Teleport so I can do a bunch of transporting. Otherwise, I'm essentially an offensive mage. I don't have much in the way of party buffs, but I can lay down some BC lots of Debuff and just plain old hurt on enemies.

Corey
2010-03-09, 12:15 PM
Mikela,

You seem to be in a party with two Incantrixes. ;) So if there's anything you want to Persist on yourself, we can help.

That assumes, of course, that you ask really, really seductively. :smallwink:

I'm thinking in particular of a spell not currently on your list, namely Arcane Spellsurge.

MikelaC1
2010-03-09, 12:27 PM
Mikela,

You seem to be in a party with two Incantrixes. ;) So if there's anything you want to Persist on yourself, we can help.

That assumes, of course, that you ask really, really seductively. :smallwink:

Oh, Eshalyn can do seductive all right. Ever have a woman curl around you? Literally?

I'm thinking in particular of a spell not currently on your list, namely Arcane Spellsurge.

Im not familiar with that one. What does it do? In fact, Im not even familiar with Incantrixes. Other than in recruitment threads, the DM banning them before anyone can even ask.

As for her role, Eshalyn has a mix of blast and enchantment spells. She can also do party face role. Seeing as we havent actually started yet, I suppose a few swap outs of spells on her sorceress list is possible. And, of course, her priestess selection is always open to change.

Corey
2010-03-09, 12:33 PM
We have lots of Cha types. Jahmal may be the most experienced party face, however -- bard and all that.

Arcane Spellsurge is either from Races of the Dragon or Dragon Magic. It's a 7th-level spell that lets you cast standard-action arcane spells as swift actions, leaving your standard actions free for something else, such as:

Divine spells (I think)
Previously full-round spells, which it turns into standard actions -- note that this includes any otherwise faster-casting spells that are metamagically enhanced
Non-spellcasting actions

In other words, it lets you empty your spell slots in a hurry. ;)

As for your other question -- I'd say Jahmal has experimented with many physical forms. :smallwink:See, e.g., the last (I think) of his fluff links ... :smallbiggrin:

Corey
2010-03-09, 12:57 PM
Oh yes -- incantrixes can add metamagic to other people's spells, or to their own ongoing ones.

It takes a full-round action and a high Spellcraft check to pull off.

Frog Dragon
2010-03-09, 02:43 PM
You mentioned that people would be wise to get themselves backups in case their primary character kicks the bucket in a permanent enough fashion.
So I have an idea for said backup, but...
Can I haz emerald dragon?

MikelaC1
2010-03-09, 03:11 PM
You mentioned that people would be wise to get themselves backups in case their primary character kicks the bucket in a permanent enough fashion.
So I have an idea for said backup, but...
Can I haz emerald dragon?

Are we supposed to create a second PC, in the event of our first meeting an untimely end? If thats the case, I seem to remember SerahSerah using the Savage Species advancement rules to create a succubus, and thats the route I will follow. With sorceress on the flip side of the gestalt, and either fighter or rogue after the succubus progression is finished.

nolispe
2010-03-10, 12:45 AM
And here is the IC thread.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8047857#post8047857

Frog Dragon
2010-03-10, 09:00 AM
Well, here's a Know: The Planes about eridis, if that reveals anything [roll0]

nolispe
2010-03-10, 11:29 PM
It is an old, undead ridden place. It was once a great sea, but the water has been drawing back for millenia and the center is now overrun with inteligent undead. these undead maintain cordial realationships with the outside world, but passes from them to vist Eridis are nearly impossible to get.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-11, 12:49 AM
Also I deliberately didn't give Torexis shapechange

AvalonŽ
2010-03-11, 08:21 AM
nolispe, I changed my Sandshaper levels to Anathema Mage levels.

Also, would a custom runestaff be ok? I was gonna use it to gain some transport spells.

Frog Dragon
2010-03-11, 08:31 AM
by the way, I still don't know if Sangehirn levels count as psionic class levels for the purpose of a psicrystal.

nolispe
2010-03-11, 09:28 PM
Sorry, will be gone until sunday (my time). So about midnithgt on sunday.

Frog Dragon
2010-03-12, 08:36 AM
Huh. I just found out that Psicrystal is a Feat. With that I need to trade Imp init out again, but it does mean that Sangehirn counts for it.

Corey
2010-03-12, 10:08 PM
Sorry, will be gone until sunday (my time). So about midnithgt on sunday.

Honestly, I'm happy to hear that. :smallbiggrin: I'm just getting back into the saddle for gaming, more than 36 hours after my red-eye landed, and 18 after I last slept (both clients and elder care were more time-consuming than I expected).

And Saturday will feature work and taxes and errands and dinner out w/ my wife, so getting caught up immediately on all gaming might be problematic. ;)

Travel really throws me for a loop. I usually do it briefly and intensely.

nolispe
2010-03-14, 12:12 AM
fror dragon: yes, that should be fine.
Whoever asked, custom runestaff for transport will also be fine.

AvalonŽ
2010-03-15, 01:54 AM
Nolispe, would it be okay if I started out with all four vestige slots bound?

I'm planning on having the following bound:

-Sol Invictus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5593060&postcount=1)
-Reshar, Lord of the Nine Swords (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54640)
-[URL="http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070718"]Zceryll[/
URL]
-Tenebrous (ToM)

Corey
2010-03-15, 01:59 AM
So what rules have changed from the original 16? 2 Flaws are now allowed? Anything else?

(And I've forgotten the Traits allowance.)

Also, would you be OK with combining several spellcasting-related ring properties into a single ring, by the MIC pricing formula? (As I read it, that says you add 100% of the usual price of the priciest item you're melding, plus 150% of the price of each of the others.)

nolispe
2010-03-15, 02:16 AM
yes to all. no other changes.

AvalonŽ
2010-03-15, 08:33 AM
Goof,

It may be just my settings here but your font colors are really bright and are most of the time incomprehensible to me due to having them nearly merge with the background.

MikelaC1
2010-03-15, 10:24 AM
Goof,

It may be just my settings here but your font colors are really bright and are most of the time incomprehensible to me due to having them nearly merge with the background.

I have the same problem, I have to hit the quote button to be able to read them.

Corey
2010-03-15, 10:47 AM
As per post #1234 (really!) in http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8082400&posted=1#post8082400 and a couple of subsequent ones, I've found a bit of a rules glitch. Virtuoso performances aren't covered by the feats covering bardic music -- Melodic Casting, etc. Any chance of houseruling around that?

Corey
2010-03-15, 12:17 PM
What would you think of me getting access to Choose Destiny and Persisting that? Too too cheesy? An invitation to be hit by 37 Chain Dispels every time I take a step? Or powerful but legit?

nolispe
2010-03-15, 01:16 PM
Powerful but fine.

Corey
2010-03-15, 09:16 PM
Powerful but fine.

Thanks. Would cost some skill points, for the prerequisites (Unseen Seer seems to be the way to do it), but it's tempting.

Edit: Yikes. Some of those are cross-class skills, unless I'm overlooking something in my elaborate class progression.

Repeating a question from above:

Can we houserule that feats which affect Bardic Music also affect Virtuoso Performances? I have three of those at the moment.

nolispe
2010-03-15, 09:41 PM
yeah, fine.

Corey
2010-03-15, 09:58 PM
General question:

Given that I have a Level 20 Gestalt Incantrix, is there any cheese you WOULD like me to keep away from?

E.g., any spells that are just too, too broken?

Corey
2010-03-17, 05:05 AM
I found another PrC I like -- Heartfire Fanner, from Dragon Magazine #314. It's for characters who are passionate (very fitting) and like fire (pretty fitting for a scaly dragonblood guy). It gives full caster progression, with all other benefits being in the bardic music area (perfect). It gives me a couple of skills as class skills that I need as prerequisites (the minmax reason I discovered it in the first place).

That would make my list of PrCs:

Incantrix (for the general magical power)
Sublime Chord and Virtuoso (to make the bard side less lame)
Heartfire Fanner (as above)
Unseen Seer (for the reasons I previously wanted Fatespinner)
Paragnostic Apostle (probably now just one level, for the SR penetration -- i.e., also general magical power)

Fatespinner would be out.

What do you think?

nolispe
2010-03-17, 05:17 AM
Go on then.

Corey
2010-03-17, 05:45 PM
Ack. Just realized prereqs include both Negotiator and Skill Focus (Perform).

How about substituting Skill Focus (Diplomacy) -- which I already have -- for Negotiator?

Edit: Even if you approve, I think this last bit is a minmax step backward. So be it. It's a little truer to the character.

And ultimately, the character's survivability depends a lot more on your choices than on mine. :smallwink:

AvalonŽ
2010-03-18, 08:42 AM
It feels scary when the GM seems to approve everything.

I shudder to think what nolispe has in store for us...

edit:

Seems that I've got 66k free. Does anyone need anything?

Corey
2010-03-18, 09:38 AM
It feels scary when the GM seems to approve everything.

I shudder to think what nolispe has in store for us...

Indeed

Seems that I've got 66k free. Does anyone need anything?

You could get us Schemas or Eternal Wands of various situational spells that don't depend much on CL (not that I have a list at my fingertips). My out of combat UMD currently stands at +33 (I say "out of combat" because it involves shuffling Marshal auras away from the Dex + Init one).

My sheet pending various changes herein discussed is at http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=189374, but there are some other spells I probably should swap in.

AvalonŽ
2010-03-18, 09:53 AM
Here's mine: Aeson Vir (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=189296)

As it is, I'm already up to my gills in the choices I can use. I've got Initiator Level 20 (with the option to gain more maneuvers from various vestiges even if they're outside of my maneuver schools known), Binder Level 20 (4 Vestiges and it seems the custom ones found here are fair game), and a Caster Level of 19 (hurray for more spells known!)

Aside from that, I'm having a hard time on what else to add since I'm already able to do almost everything.

nolispe
2010-03-19, 03:48 PM
To speed this up: you planeshift already. If anyone was going to do anything else, then i will retroactivily change it.

Corey
2010-03-19, 04:51 PM

How about substituting Skill Focus (Diplomacy) -- which I already have -- for Negotiator?

Edit: Even if you approve, I think this last bit is a minmax step backward. So be it. It's a little truer to the character.

And ultimately, the character's survivability depends a lot more on your choices than on mine. :smallwink:

Missed this one, along with my question about general cheese.

MikelaC1
2010-03-19, 05:46 PM
To speed this up: you planeshift already. If anyone was going to do anything else, then i will retroactivily change it.

I have nothing extra to do.

Corey
2010-03-19, 06:22 PM
Um, where are we planeshifting to? I feel like I'm missing something here ...

MikelaC1
2010-03-19, 07:06 PM
With my true seeing, can I see if some beast is causing this cold damage, or is it environmental?

AvalonŽ
2010-03-19, 11:47 PM
Nolispe,

Would either of the following abilities of mine allow me to see what is happening?

-Tenebrous's See In Darkness
-Zcerryl's Telepathy (100 ft.) with Mindsight

Frog Dragon
2010-03-20, 07:11 AM
Hmm. Would True Seeing actually penetrate the fog?
"It does not negate concealment, including that caused by fog and the like."
Says spell description.
If it doesn't, can I change my manifestation to Touchsight instead?

Corey
2010-03-20, 03:58 PM
Cripes! I didn't realize there was an IC thread!

I'll try to catch up as soon as possible.

However, it's my wife's birthday today, so first things first. ;)

nolispe
2010-03-20, 10:13 PM
Mind sight will not, True seeing will. Make of that what you will :smallsmile:

AvalonŽ
2010-03-20, 11:59 PM
nolispe, I was wondering if you would allow the use of the ff. martial disciplines:

-Army of One (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5710173)
-The Far Realms (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3410915&postcount=5)

I was just wondering since some of the maneuvers granted by my binding of Vestiges (thanks to Occult Adversary) use these maneuvers.

I've currently got the following without spells.

Bound:
-Sol Invictus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5593060&postcount=1)
-Reshar, Lord of the Nine Swords (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54640)
-Zceryll (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070718)
-Tenebrous (ToM)

Currently Known Maneuvers:

Permanent:
-Charging Minotaur
-Moment of Perfect Mind
-Steel Wind
-Action Before Thought
-Wall of Blades
-Iron Heart Surge
-Bounding Assault
-Ancient Mountain Hammer
-Moment of Alarcity
-Quicksilver Motion
-Diamond Nightmare Blade
-Time Stands Still
-Strike of the Vestiges
-Strike Beyond the Planes

Temporary:
-Mad Prophet's Vision (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3410915&postcount=5)
-Stunning Revelation (same source as above)
-Courage-Shattering Glare (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5710173)
-Strike of Perfect Clarity
-Hand of Death
-Obscuring Shadow Veil
-Infinite Procession of Steel (courtesy of Vestiges of War ability binding Reshar, source same as Courage-Shattering Glare)
-Incomprehensible Force (courtesy of Vestiges of War ability binding Reshar, source same as Mad Prophet's Vision)

Stances Known:

Permanent:
-Hunter's Sense
-Stonefoot Stance
-Hearing the Air
-Stance of Those Beyond

Temporary:
-Dance of the Spider
-Supreme Blade Parry
-Alien Geometry (source same as Mad Prophet's Vision)
-Golden Phalanx Assault (courtesy of Vestiges of War ability binding Reshar, source same as Courage-Shattering Glare)

Always has the benefits of Shifting Defense.

Temporary Abilities from Vestiges:

Tenebrous:
-Deeper Darkness
-See in Darkness (see through darkness of any kind even Deeper Darkness spell or Deeper Darkness ability)
-Touch of the Void (Swift action, +4d8 cold damage, one round duration)
-Rebuke Undead (as 20th level Cleric)
-Vessel of Emptiness (use Flicker shadow magic mystery as supernatural ability 3/day)

Zceryll:
-Alien Form (gain Pseudonatural Template, Complete Arcane p.161)
-Alien Mind (Immunity to Confusion, Insanity and Weird spells. +5 bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells)
-Bolt of Madness (Daze opponent for 1d3 rounds. Ranged Touch attack 300 ft., Will negates)
-Summon Alien (Use Summon Monster as Sorceror 20. Any from Summon Monster I-VIII, creatures you summon gain Pseudonatural Template)
-Telepathy (100 ft. plus Mindsight feat)

Sol Invictus:
-Essence Triumphant (gain 1 action point each encounter, only lasts until end of encounter)
-Solar Exaltation (Eclipse Caste chosen. +4 sacred bonus to Cha and +10 sacred bonus to all Bluff and Diplomacy checks. May use Mass Suggestion as a spell-like ability, CL 20. Once used, you must wait until 10 minutes after the end of its duration before you can use it again.)
-Transcendent Hero (Rolling a natural 1 does not automatically cause you to miss on an attack roll, or to fail a saving throw, ability check, or skill check. In addition, whenever you roll a natural 20 on a ability check or skill check, you treat the result of the dice roll as being a 30, rather than a 20.)

Reshar, Lord of the Nine Swords:
-Martial Aptitude (gain proficiency with all Martial Weapons)
-Master of the Nine (Gain use of the following maneuvers once per encounter: bloodletting strike, daunting strike, elder mountain hammer, flanking maneuver, iron heart focus, lingering inferno, pouncing charge, rapid counter, and soaring throw. These maneuvers can't be recovered. IL 20
-Reshar's Supremacy (+2 to Str and Con, +3 to all Balance, Concentration, Diplomacy, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Sense Motive, and Tumble checks.)
-Stance of the Warrior (Gain the benefits of any martial stance of 5th level or lower as long as bound to Reshar. Chosen stance is Shifting Defense)

Too much?

Frog Dragon
2010-03-21, 12:28 PM
How often does the cold damage occur?

AvalonŽ
2010-03-21, 02:26 PM
Gonna go on a class trip from Today until Friday. Please NPC my char until then. I'll try to post whenever possible but I can't guarantee my presence here during that duration.

Hopefully we don't roll into combat yet.

nolispe
2010-03-21, 10:37 PM
Avalon: All fine.
Frog Dragon: Once per round.

MikelaC1
2010-03-23, 10:10 AM
Sorry, but I am going to have to drop this game.

Corey
2010-03-26, 05:19 AM
One more day of tolerance, please. Again, I apologize.

Corey
2010-03-27, 05:22 AM
OK. I have a sense of where we are.

But one more night went by without me finishing up the character sheet.

Let's assume Jahmal was courteous to one and all, and even cracked a little joke here or there. But it also fits his character to be pretty quiet and watchful around those of high power, and gods certainly fit the bill. So we didn't miss a whole lot of scintillating showmanship in my absence. ;)

----------------------------

One question -- IIRC, Jahmal has a form of bardic music that gives True Seeing to the whole party. Does anybody else need that? If not, he may accomplish it via Shapechange.

Corey
2010-03-27, 05:23 AM
Sorry, but I am going to have to drop this game.

A pity. I wanted to play a seducer in a game w/ Mikela in it. ;)

Corey
2010-03-28, 04:22 AM

Taking silence as consent on that one. :)

Once again, it's 5:15 am, and I'm just getting started on tightening up the character sheet ...

-------------------------------

I think adding Planar Bubble to my runestaff is a really good idea. But is this something that should have been cast before we planeshifted?

-------------------------------

Oh man. This is taking me hours. I need to get to bed ... and I need to think of a way to shortcut it.